Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,920 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Have you thought of this? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have you thought of this? (450 Views)

Have You Thought About This Before / The Thought Of Two Women Having Sex Makes Me Want To Puke. / And We Thought Of Having A Female Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have you thought of this? by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 16, 2018
Please watch the video.

There's a lot of money ( usually in form of tithes and offerings, harvests, donations to ministers and priests) gathered every Sunday.
If all that money is used in a different way, we could significantly reduce the number of people who die of things like Asthma and malaria in Nigeria annually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=140g0qmZZ24

I know of an ongoing project to build a priest's house in my area. I'm sure that over 80 percent of the congregation has never lived in such a big house with expensive furniture and chandeliers. Yet they have contributed all the way for the priest. Is there a problem there? Maybe.
The project has cost over 30 million naira already and it will require even more donations to reach completion (painting and interlocking).

All that money could house the beggars on the roads. That money would send the children of beggars to school.

This happens a lot and is a big problem. I hope Christians stay Christians but fix this problem. Some of them don't even know what their tithe money is used for. ... maybe to buy the pastor's SUV while the whole congregation is trekking.

Does anyone have anything to say to this?
Re: Have you thought of this? by excellencyabia1: 7:43am On Jan 16, 2018
In as much as the manner of deceit that are seen in today's churches are heavy, but is it a good thing to monitor what you give to God?
Re: Have you thought of this? by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 16, 2018
excellencyabia1:
In as much as the manner of deceit that are seen in today's churches are heavy, but is it a good thing to monitor what you give to God?

Hmm, God lives in the people around you.

If you gave to the beggars, would you not be giving to God?

If you found out that the person you have been giving your tithes to bought a car, built a house in the village, dined, wined and toured with all the money the church donates, What would be your reaction? That it didn't matter what was happening to the money as long as you paid your tithes?

(1) (Reply)

Pope Officiates Historic Wedding 36,000 Feet In The Air / Which Bible Character Will You Want To First Meet In Heaven? / Pastor Who Choked A 4 Month Old Baby In A Supermarket, Finally Convicted!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.