Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,007 members, 7,806,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Pile Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pile Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) (750 Views)

Heaps Of Refuse Litter Onitsha Metropolis As Evacuators’ Strike Continues / A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral / Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pile Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by Eben2: 8:48am On Jan 16, 2018
I am really worried at the rate at which streets in Lagos are fast becoming refuse dumps. The health hazards this post to the people is enormous and I think Lagos state government should do something about it quickly.

The pictures below was taken from Kajola Road, Jojo bus stop in Obawole, Iju-Ishaga LGA, Lagos. Some people came and dropped a dustbin (the one at the middle) on the street, left and never came back for it. Within 3 days, the whole place was littered with junks generating terrible odour. For over a week now, it's been there unattended to. More annoying is the fact that the refuse were dumped at the entrance of a building.

This is not the only spot on Kajola Road, there are about 4 other spots on the same road. Someone should please come to our aid.

Re: Pile Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by Tallesty1(m): 8:49am On Jan 16, 2018
Trump said it

2 Likes

Re: Pile Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by zakim(m): 8:54am On Jan 16, 2018
Where are KAI officers?
Re: Pile Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by dominique(f): 9:00am On Jan 16, 2018
It's getting quite disturbing the way heaps of refuse are littered on the streets of Lagos nowadays. Is LAWMA still functioning at all?
Re: Pile Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by madridguy(m): 9:05am On Jan 16, 2018
I have mentioned this on countless thread and you see some political miscreants calling me names for saying the reality on ground.
Re: Pile Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by Eben2: 9:06am On Jan 16, 2018
zakim:
Where are KAI officers?

They only monitor pedestrian bridges so they can collect bribes.
Re: Pile Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by Eben2: 9:07am On Jan 16, 2018
dominique:
It's getting quite disturbing the way heaps of refuse are littered on the streets of Lagos nowadays. Is LAWMA still functioning at all?

I doubt that very much my sister.

1 Like

Re: Pile Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by SalamRushdie: 9:11am On Jan 16, 2018
All due to the activities of Truck pushers who were recently barred from operating in the state ... Lets give cleaner Lagos initiative a chance to succeed because I can see their vision will only bring about a cleaner Lagos
Re: Pile Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by SalamRushdie: 9:13am On Jan 16, 2018
dominique:

The transition from Lawma PSPs to vision scape has been quite daunting for all the parties involved but VisionScape is surmounting all the teething challenges daily.. Expect a cleaner Lagos in weeks .
Re: Pile Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by Eben2: 9:38am On Jan 16, 2018
SalamRushdie:
All due to the activities of Truck pushers who were recently barred from operating in the state ... Lets give cleaner Lagos initiative a chance to succeed because I can see their vision will only bring about a cleaner Lagos

Sir, I can assure you that this is not the handy work of truck pushers. No one has ever dumped anything on that spot or any of the "new dumping sites" on Kajola Road until the so-called VisionScape dropped their little dustbins

Kindly inform them to come pack these junks and remove their dustbin from the place, we don't want it.

1 Like

Re: Pile Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by Eben2: 3:53pm On Jan 16, 2018
We had cleaner Lagos under Fashola, what's Ambode doing about this He should deal with this quickly and decisively so it doesn't taint his good image.
Re: Pile Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by Eben2: 7:53pm On Jan 19, 2018
Finally dear Nairalanders, VisionScape has packed all refuse.

Thanks everyone
Re: Pile Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:14pm On Jan 19, 2018
SalamRushdie:
It's gonna be much worse with the banning of truck pushers. Why can't the government work hand in hand with them. People are gonna dump their refuse on the roads and inside gutters.
Re: Pile Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by Eben2: 9:39pm On Jan 19, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

It's gonna be much worse with the banning of truck pushers. Why can't the government work hand in hand with them. People are gonna dump their refuse on the roads and inside gutters.

My take is, if VisionScape cannot perform the job, let's go back to status quo cool

(1) (Reply)

Trump’s Speech Calls For Introspection -peter Obi / 2019: Hausa Community Distance Themselves From Wike's Endorsement / What Is The Richest Animal In Nigeria Now, Snake Or Monkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.