Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,108 members, 7,807,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother (6382 Views)

His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy / My Neighbour And His Fiancee / He Told The Truth About His Brother’s Bride And Everybody Hates Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by ochallo: 6:19pm On Apr 12, 2010
this is a funny story of my friend who took his girl to meet his mother and on entering their compound he noticed his gal was wearing a leg chain and immediately asked her to remove it that his mother would not approve it and that she can't afford to be in his mother's bad books, she refused and he later begged her but when she was adamant he asked her to get back into the car so that he can drop her off, she then got in the car and he dropped her at  her home without seeing his mother who was upstairs in the house unaware of the whole scene. they are presently mad at each other . and i being a friend of both of them don't know what to do, what do you advise?
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by Idowuogbo(f): 8:14pm On Apr 12, 2010
Na wah d couples are tempermania both are @ fault its best u jus watch dem both and dont choose sides b4 dey ramage u 4 middle
bcus i dont understand y d husband is going aywire 4 wot if she had a tattoo on her foot would he ask her 2 exfoliate it off her skin a leg charm is jus a minor form of fashion geez i dont no y d mother wud judge d gals character from dat.On the other hand , the girlfriend na proper craze pikin cant beleive she went back in2 d car for jus a simple instruction given by her lets say sun 2 be husband tot evry woman was meant 2 b submissive to deir husy tel her i said in yoruba terms oko won lode oo ma lo nogere ma lope oko won lode oo(meaning husband no plenty 4 market anymore d remainders dey very expensive ) wink wink wink wink smiley
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by Digriz(m): 9:28am On Apr 13, 2010
I blame both coz they guy shouldn't hv tried to hid that frm hs mother which wl later resurface and d mother wont be happy afterward that hs son kept that secret frm hm,let her wear it so hs mother wl nw ask her questions abt it in whch her answer wl determine if its proper or nt. I also blame the girl coz she's nt submissive to d guy.
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by Travelista(f): 9:56am On Apr 13, 2010
I wouldn't meet the parents unless my boyfriend examined my attire; moms always try to find something wrong with their son's girlfriend, so why give her ammunition? He knows what mommy will consider tasteless; suck it up for a few hours and let her get to know you without any prejudice. I had a boyfriend that thought it would be appropriate to meet my parents wearing jeans and sneakers and I got sh*t from my parents afterward.
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 13, 2010
The girl was just being uneccesarily stubborn. What's the big deal undecided
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by Pamperme: 10:51am On Apr 13, 2010
i think she wont make a good impression on the mother-in-law if she wears leg chain even if the woman wears one herself.  She can wear it when she get used to her not on the first meeting.  Am sure the guy himself didnt address the issue well too.
Orisirisi
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by lbotus(f): 11:44am On Apr 13, 2010
^^and he only asked her to take it off for some minutes which wudn't kill her but put her in her mother-inlaw to be good book and she went mad.
Orisirisi indeed
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by raintree: 2:25pm On Apr 13, 2010
May I ask what is wrong with her wearing a leg chain? Has it got anything to do with the Nigerian culture? It's an honest question, I do not know.
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by agathamari(f): 7:37pm On Apr 13, 2010
ok both were out of line. a) the guy should have calmly explained why he wanted her to remove her anklet instead of loosing his temper and b) the girl should have done it to be respectful of somone elses house.
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by Akinagirl(f): 1:58am On Apr 14, 2010
what is a leg chain? Is that an ankle bracelet? Or what? But either way I think she was being rather unreasonable. Taking it off for a few minutes would have not killed her.
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by Pittbaby(f): 8:43pm On Apr 14, 2010
Older nigerians believe that only loose women wear leg chains . Dont ask me what the correlation is but I think they believe jewelry should only be worn on the neck ,ears, and hands. Anything else is waywardness.

personally I wont show up at my mother-in-laws house on the first occasion even wearing jeans or trousers ( if the visit was planned) . First impressions count a lot in naija , why start your matrimonial journey looking for trouble.

2 Likes

Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by Idowuogbo(f): 9:00pm On Apr 14, 2010
^na wah 9ja neva civilize rich ni wetin u go wear damask or d full asoke, or kente material cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

i fill ur swag tho avoid trouble is best jare wink wink wink
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by oludy: 9:08pm On Apr 14, 2010
She could be a mammy water girl. Why is it so difficult to remove for a few minutes? As for the guy, why ask the chick to pretend? Dat relationship will not last if it takes off in the first place. Common guys, be real and ladies, be realistic.
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by raintree: 12:55am On Apr 15, 2010
Pittbaby:

Older nigerians believe that only loose women wear leg chains . Dont ask me what the correlation is but I think they believe jewelry should only be worn on the neck ,ears, and hands. Anything else is waywardness.

personally I wont show up at my mother-in-laws house on the first occasion even wearing jeans or trousers ( if the visit was planned) . First impressions count a lot in naija , why start your matrimonial journey looking for trouble.
Thanks for the explanation. Interesting! You're right, 1st impression even during job interview is utmost important. I think the girl was caught off guard why the bf suddenly asked her to take off the leg chain when he wasn't bothered before prior to that. Still, she being stubborn, wanted her way.
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by usbcable(m): 8:05am On Apr 15, 2010
Digriz:

I blame both coz they guy shouldn't hv tried to hid that frm hs mother which wl later resurface and d mother wont be happy afterward that hs son kept that secret frm hm,let her wear it so hs mother wl nw ask her questions abt it in whch her answer wl determine if its proper or nt. I also blame the girl coz she's nt submissive to d guy.

We all know our family more than our spouses and would want them to at least like and feel very comfortable with who ever we bring home. So the guy did no wrong but being on a familiar terrain that the girl is ignorant of the lifestyle of the individuals it would have been better she just take it off for taht few moments of ''am worthy of you son/daughter'' meeting. She would have done same to help him when they go to see her own family. So as to make their families see that ''we are very much alright for each other so please accept us''.

but na wa for the girl.she harsh no be small. and the guy sef kolo.hin too come drive and go drop her like that.(I did this in one relationship, come see me see wahala).definately the relationship is on a spiral run towards the ''cosine 90 direction''.
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by ayettymama(f): 8:36am On Apr 15, 2010
ah ah

makes sense- i remember having to remove my waist beads and take off acrylic to visit my sick uncle

popsie said he didnt want me to give him a heart attack, i didnt even wear make up

its better that way, rather than give ur parents a reason to complain

if the mom is goin to his hse then thats a different story

but first impressions do go a long way- some people simply arent the trendy type
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by Mhismole(f): 10:19am On Apr 15, 2010
So i wear an anklet, waistbeads, have more than one piercing.

Would i start taking them ALL off in the car? LMAO

Its all part of my personality. He should have known that.

Maybe if he asked me earlier tho, i would have considered it.
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by InesQor(m): 10:33am On Apr 15, 2010
If that guy was really serious with himself and his girlfriend, he would have given her adequate notice back at her place!

Some maturity was heavily lacking there.
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by Mhismole(f): 10:40am On Apr 15, 2010
InesQor:

If that guy was really serious with himself and his girlfriend, he would have given her adequate notice back at her place!

Lol he forgot now. . .hehehe
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by ayettymama(f): 10:42am On Apr 15, 2010
InesQor:

yea but unno no men barely notice alot of things- he prob saw it and panicked!

Mhismole:

So i wear an anklet, waistbeads, have more than one piercing.

Would i start taking them ALL off in the car? LMAO

Its all part of my personality. He should have known that.

Maybe if he asked me earlier tho, i would have considered it.

lolz, none of my siblings will be bringin u home den!!

its ok- theres always yankee marriage!

but no its not an attack on personality- its a im not really in the mood for anyones trouble because aff parents can be judgemental!!!
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by Mhismole(f): 10:49am On Apr 15, 2010
ayettymama:

lolz, none of my siblings will be bringin u home den!!

its ok- theres always yankee marriage!

but no its not an attack on personality- its a im not really in the mood for anyones trouble because aff parents can be judgemental!!!

Haha are you sure none of them have a fetish for that stuff secretly??

I know its not a personality thing, but he'll be looking for trouble to tell me to take it off in that manner. If he didn't remember before then. . . pele.

If at the end he doesn't marry you because you wear an anklet then kneel down and thank God for his infinite blessings.
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by Nezed(f): 10:57am On Apr 15, 2010
he later begged her but when she was adamant he asked her to get back into the car so that he can drop her off, she then got in the car and he dropped her at her home.

Good. Case closed.
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by ayettymama(f): 11:03am On Apr 15, 2010
even my parents get into it now and again for village sake

but if its something removable theres nothing wrong with removing it

if its a bigg arse tatoo on the neck then theres gna be sum seeeerious problems!!!
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by HERO111: 5:01pm On Apr 15, 2010
Those who are saying it doesn't matter, my dear it matters. most parents are still of the olden days views when it comes to assessment of human character especially in Africa. Just like somebody mentioned above, first impression anywhere in the world last long. If for instance you are going for a job interview in a corporate organisation for a corporate position which naturally will require that your character is good, then u dress anyhow no body will take you serious.

Hence 1. though i blame the guy in question for not taking time to observe the girl critically in d first instance b4 putting her in the car down,
2. on the other hand the lady is simply showing exactly how she is built to manage issues even when they eventually settle down.
therefore my percentage sharing of the blame is 30% for the guy, 70% for the lady.
So she has to be careful because she cant be more american than the Americans. She is an African and will remain an African till her last breath on earth.

1 Like

Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 15, 2010
when she seriously needs a husband, she'll take off leg chain, necklace, earring, miniskirt, cigarette, dragon tattoo, ear plugs, tongue piercing etc etc, even without being asked to do so.

I guess the girl is still young and doesnt have to worry about making a good impression on anybody's parents yet.

3 Likes

Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by vanitty: 5:31am On Apr 16, 2010
^^ agree
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by ochallo: 8:10am On Apr 16, 2010
right now the lady is claiming that my guy is a mummy's boy and she would not be forced into walking on eggshells because of his mother

my guy is claiming that the girl is too stubborn and he wanted to prove to her that he can also be stubborn that is why he took her back home.

as at now they are still keeping up the beef
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by jupita: 8:33am On Apr 16, 2010
tpia.:

when she seriously needs a husband, she'll take off leg chain, necklace, earring, miniskirt, cigarette, dragon tattoo, ear plugs, tongue piercing etc etc, even without being asked to do so.

I guess the girl is still young and doesnt have to worry about making a good impression on anybody's parents yet.
exactly wot i tot, maybe she's 20 or 21, if she is like 33 she would defiantely adjust.
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by ayettymama(f): 10:05am On Apr 16, 2010
ochallo:

right now the lady is claiming that my guy is a mummy's boy and she would not be forced into walking on eggshells because of his mother
my guy is claiming that the girl is too stubborn and he wanted to prove to her that he can also be stubborn that is why he took her back home.
as at now they are still keeping up the beef

he should just tell her to wear long trousers when they go??

this is such a small issue, people can be funny atimes!
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by OAM4J: 1:17am On Apr 17, 2010
tpia.:

Exactly.

What is the big deal in removing them only for a while?
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by nikkyshyne(f): 5:49pm On Jul 11, 2012
That girl stubborn no be small.
Re: He Told His Fiancee To Remove Her Leg Chain Before Meeting His Mother by redcliff: 12:03am On Jul 13, 2012
raintree: May I ask what is wrong with her wearing a leg chain? Has it got anything to do with the Nigerian culture? It's an honest question, I do not know.

What's wrong in wearing a leg chain? Let ur fiance wear it and visit ur mum and see what she has to say. Its prostitutes who do such.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Write Your Best Birthday Sms For Fathers / Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. / Pls Come In And Judge This Case BTW I And My Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.