Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,592 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Akwa Ibom: Senator Akpabio Regrets Making Udom A Governor (see Reason) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom: Senator Akpabio Regrets Making Udom A Governor (see Reason) (1448 Views)

Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor / "I Regret Making Udom Governor" - Akpabio / Ikuku Regrets Making Ikpeazu Governor - Abia Facts Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom: Senator Akpabio Regrets Making Udom A Governor (see Reason) by FastestTech(m): 1:39pm On Jan 16, 2018
Former Governor of Akwa Ibom state and the Senate Minority Leader, Senator Godswill Akpabio, has told his Annang cabal that the greatest mistake he has made in his life was to have made Udom Emmanuel his successor in 2015 against all odds and warnings by some well meaning people within and outside the state.

Akpabio made this known in a meeting held on Monday to review the ongoing onslaught against him by his Successor. “I regretted that I am being mocked by those I bulldozed in the build up to the 2015 polls to make Udom Emmanuel my Successor”.

He vowed to take Udom pound of flesh at the 2019 polls. He told the meeting attended by his Annang brothers that, “sacking Sir Etekamba Umoren as the SSG, Governor Udom has crossed the red line and has dared me”.

Attendees of the meeting blamed the former Governor for not hearkening to the voice of reason in the choice of his successor and regretted that the government has been hijacked by those who never contributed anything to its emergence while those that staked so much to ensure the success of 2015 agenda were pushed out of the government simply because they are identified as Akpabio boys.

The meeting expressed shock that the governor could sponsor, direct and encourage people to launch media attacks on his person.

Those who attended the meeting were carefully selected and they reaffirmed their support for their leader and resolved to follow him wherever he would lead them in 2019. [Calabar Reporters]

Source: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/akwa-ibom-senator-akpabio-regrets-making-udom-governor/

Lalasticlala

Re: Akwa Ibom: Senator Akpabio Regrets Making Udom A Governor (see Reason) by HungerBAD: 1:42pm On Jan 16, 2018
Akpabio got played.

It is only in Nigeria that when a leader hands over, he still will want to be in charge of the Government,by being the puppeteer controlling the puppet.

Things do not work that way Akpabio.

I believe somebody in the person of Obong Victor Attah handed over to you,and then left you alone to lead as you deem fit.

Let this Governor be.

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom: Senator Akpabio Regrets Making Udom A Governor (see Reason) by xangerar: 1:46pm On Jan 16, 2018
It has always been the case. Let just say that no man is god enough to be a godfather.
Re: Akwa Ibom: Senator Akpabio Regrets Making Udom A Governor (see Reason) by seunmsg(m): 1:47pm On Jan 16, 2018
Akpabio relegated Victor Attah to the background and Udom is doing the same thing to him. Suck it up and stop crying Akpabio, what goes around comes around. It is all politics and nothing personal.
Re: Akwa Ibom: Senator Akpabio Regrets Making Udom A Governor (see Reason) by BrainnewsNg(f): 2:27pm On Jan 16, 2018
seunmsg:
Akpabio relegated Victor Attah to the background and Udom is doing the same thing to him. Suck it up and stop crying Akpabio, what goes around comes around. It is all politics and nothing personal.

Really?
Re: Akwa Ibom: Senator Akpabio Regrets Making Udom A Governor (see Reason) by BrainnewsNg(f): 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2018
xangerar:
It has always been the case. Let just say that no man is god enough to be a godfather.

Oh no

That is the fact

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom: Senator Akpabio Regrets Making Udom A Governor (see Reason) by BrainnewsNg(f): 2:29pm On Jan 16, 2018
HungerBAD:
Akpabio got played.

It is only in Nigeria that when a leader hands over, he still will want to be in charge of the Government,by being the puppeteer controlling the puppet.

Things do not work that way Akpabio.

I believe somebody in the person of Obong Victor Attah handed over to you,and then left you alone to lead as you deem fit.

Let this Governor be.

Tell him oooooo

But, will he ever read this?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom: Senator Akpabio Regrets Making Udom A Governor (see Reason) by kahal29: 2:41pm On Jan 16, 2018
Akpabio you cannot control a sitting Governor. Respect yourself and let the man run his term, you had 8 long years during which you taught your predecessor Obong Attah the same lesson you are about to learn afresh. The man you call your godson is now bigger than you by virtue of the position he occupies, you represent one out of three constituencies, he governs all three. Respect yourself or you may get burnt.
Re: Akwa Ibom: Senator Akpabio Regrets Making Udom A Governor (see Reason) by edemsimeon: 2:50pm On Jan 16, 2018
WHAT GOES AROUND MUST SURELY COME AROUND!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom: Senator Akpabio Regrets Making Udom A Governor (see Reason) by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:55pm On Jan 16, 2018
edemsimeon:
WHAT GOES AROUND MUST SURELY COME!

The truth!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom: Senator Akpabio Regrets Making Udom A Governor (see Reason) by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:57pm On Jan 16, 2018
kahal29:
Akpabio you cannot control a sitting Governor. Respect yourself and let the man run his term, you had 8 long years during which you taught your predecessor Obong Attah the same lesson you are about to learn afresh. The man you call your godson is now bigger than you by virtue of the position he occupies, you represent one out of three constituencies, he governs all three. Respect yourself or you may get burnt.

Oh no

Sooooo sorry for Akpabio

Has the Lion fallen?
Re: Akwa Ibom: Senator Akpabio Regrets Making Udom A Governor (see Reason) by bedspread: 4:04pm On Jan 16, 2018
Akpabio is only Wailing!!!!!! The Governor will do an Obiano on Him..... and make him irrelevant...
Re: Akwa Ibom: Senator Akpabio Regrets Making Udom A Governor (see Reason) by ubongokon(m): 4:36pm On Jan 16, 2018
I said it in d other thread dat akpabio is shopping for udom's replacement.

Indications has it dat he is likely going to defect, to keep and achieve his political ambitions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom: Senator Akpabio Regrets Making Udom A Governor (see Reason) by FastestTech(m): 8:57pm On Jan 16, 2018
ubongokon:
I said it in d other thread dat akpabio is shopping for udom's replacement.

Indications has it dat he is likely going to defect, to keep and achieve his political ambitions

Possible? cry

(1) (Reply)

Throw Back - President Buhari Too Weak When Corruption Concerns Allies— Keyamo / Assess This Picture Of A Hawker ,campaigning For PMB. / AKWA IBOM RALLY: Why Did Buhari Read Names From The Script?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.