Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,749 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Did You Forgot The Password For Your Iphone, Ipad, Or Ipod Touch And Your Locked - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Did You Forgot The Password For Your Iphone, Ipad, Or Ipod Touch And Your Locked (1030 Views)

Inside World’s Saddest Zoo With Blind Bear Locked In Cage For 30 Years (Photos) / How Can I Unlock My Iphone If I Forgot The Passcode? / How Can I Unlock My Iphone If I Forgot The Passcode? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Did You Forgot The Password For Your Iphone, Ipad, Or Ipod Touch And Your Locked by kellychild(m): 5:36pm On Jan 16, 2018
If you forgot the password for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled here is what to do.

If you eventually forgot your password, or if you see a message, that says that your apple device is disabled, follow these steps to remove your password.

If you enter the wrong password on an Apple iOS device six times in a row, you'll be locked out and a message will say that your device is disabled, this happens don't panic. Just follow my steps below:

The first thing you have to do is to choose a method to erase your device.

Unless you made a backup before you forgot your password, there is no more ways to save your device's data so it is advice you back your device at time intervals. At this point You'll need to erase your device, which will deletes all of your data and settings. Choose a way to erase your device so you can remove your password:

If you've backed up some stuffs with iTunes or your device si connected to iTunes, then you can use iTunes.
If you can't sync or connect with iTunes, use recovery mode.

Erase your device with iTunes to remove your passcode
If you've synced your device with iTunes, you can restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.

Using the following will help you to restore your device to normal:

Connect your device to the computer you synced with.
Open iTunes.
If asked for a passcode, try another computer you've synced with, or use recovery mode.
Wait for iTunes to sync your device and make a backup.

After the sync and backup have finished, click Restore [your device].
When you reach the Set Up screen while restoring your iOS device, tap Restore from iTunes backup.
Select your device in iTunes. Look at the date and size of each backup and pick the most relevant one.

Now delete your device with recovery mode to remove your password.
If you've never synced with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you'll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.

Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
While your device is connected, force restart it:

On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.

When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.

iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.

Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.

source https://www.techsfair.com/2018/01/did-you-forgot-password-for-your-iphone.html#more

(1) (Reply)

Stop Buying Chinese Or Fake Laptops: / Good Hand Sealer / Super-yacht Of The Future Built By A Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.