Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Should Smaller Parties Form An Alliance In 2019 To Give PDP And APC A Run - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Smaller Parties Form An Alliance In 2019 To Give PDP And APC A Run (422 Views)

2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari / Okorocha Calls APC ‘a Very Weak’ Party - Read More / Saraki, Tambuwal Give PDP Conditions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Smaller Parties Form An Alliance In 2019 To Give PDP And APC A Run by internetpo(m): 7:25pm On Jan 16, 2018
Unlike the UK which has at least 3 big political parties, our Nation, Nigeria seems to only have two mega political parties, The PDP and the APC, who clearly have no political ideologies, (or plans for the masses) hence the cross carpeting from one party to another at any politician's whims. Which would have been a big scandal if this was to happen in America (Who's political system we seem to be copying). Imagine a democrat becoming a republican.

As at Jan 10th this year, the political parties in Nigeria rose to 68. Yes. 68 according to the INEC Chairman, prof yakub (ref. https://twitter.com/inecnigeria/status/951070911377170432).

Those chanting I have my PVC ready or "waiting for buhari in 2019", Tell me how it will be possible to "send him back to Daura". Personally I think rigging would be easier this way for the ruling party and electoral results collation will also take eternity too. The Only way we the youth stand a chance is to pool together under one party to fight the two big collosals (APC and PDP) in 2019. This is a clarion call to all these new, youthful and 'intellectual"parties and anyone with direct links to them. Let's form an alliance - a 3rd Alternative.

In 2014, The AC (action Congress), ANPP (all nigeria's progressive party) and CPC (congress for political change) came together formed a political alliance (All Progressive Congress) and in less than a year knocked PDP 'off the throne'. I think these more solid and aideological parties can do the same if they bound together.

Its very important we don't make the same mistake we made in 2015 (interested in booting out GEJ but never interested in what was coming next. else the next set of leaders we have will be worse).

Calling on
@Kowangr
@AbundantNigeria
@NigeriaYouthPo1
(any other party of great mention, you think is ok)

Let's start a movement, (a hashtag here) with this to get things going. Till it gets to the leaders of these new parties. We need a 3rd alternative to carry our dreams,and aspirations of young Nigerians. which platform will that be.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44. Am I making sense? can this get to the front page for mor econtributions?
Re: Should Smaller Parties Form An Alliance In 2019 To Give PDP And APC A Run by MichaelBukamzy(m): 8:54pm On Jan 16, 2018
I don't have problem with party,BUT who are going to lead them?,new faces?
Because if it is going to be the same set of people,I strongly oppose
Re: Should Smaller Parties Form An Alliance In 2019 To Give PDP And APC A Run by wawaboi: 10:32pm On Jan 16, 2018
KOWA PARTY COULD SERVE THIS PURPOSE ......IF WE CAN PROJECT THIS DREAM THROUGH THE PARTY
Re: Should Smaller Parties Form An Alliance In 2019 To Give PDP And APC A Run by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:35pm On Jan 16, 2018
Won't matter if they have nothing to share
Re: Should Smaller Parties Form An Alliance In 2019 To Give PDP And APC A Run by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 16, 2018
They should all merge together and come up with one young candidate that young Nigerians can all support, silently. But ofcourse, ethnicity, tribalism, discrimination, and ignorance won't let that to happen. Very sad what has happened to us.

I gave up on Nigeria long ago....
Re: Should Smaller Parties Form An Alliance In 2019 To Give PDP And APC A Run by iyamALBEN(m): 11:38pm On Jan 16, 2018
No please. Let them keep deceiving themselves.
Re: Should Smaller Parties Form An Alliance In 2019 To Give PDP And APC A Run by UTILITYMAY(m): 12:30am On Jan 17, 2018
Yes
Re: Should Smaller Parties Form An Alliance In 2019 To Give PDP And APC A Run by internetpo(m): 5:34pm On Jan 20, 2018
wawaboi:
KOWA PARTY COULD SERVE THIS PURPOSE ......IF WE CAN PROJECT THIS DREAM THROUGH THE PARTY

Can they? Let them get other parties together then

(1) (Reply)

2019...you Must Support This Movement. Photo / Todayinsenateplenary* *proceedings Of The Nigerian Senate Of Wednesday, 17th Ja / Governor Obaseki Welcomes China Harbour As Work Commences On Gelegele Seaport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.