Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,347 members, 7,780,931 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:44 AM

Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple (12029 Views)

What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? / The Scary Thing A Couple Received As Wedding Gift (photo) / The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 18, 2010
Funseeka:

@poster

JennyKadry meant no harm. she just wanted you to utilize this rear opportunity of meeting someone who really wants you for a wife

The reasons why men shy away from the so called career women are

1) to have a soulmate and a companion that will often be physically present , not one that will hardly have time due to career.

2) secondly, a man wants to make a home and have kids with a woman not with one who employs someone to fill role.

3) Intimacy, if a woman is not there when a man needs it, ofcourse he has to satisfy himself somehow. Too bad for marriage

etc

Men's preference for non career women has little to do with insecurity. Jenny was right when she wrote about age; the truth is that the older you are the thinner your chances. Its a stale news that men want them younger

are you minding her? she didnt even allow me land before crucifying me, all these insults she has been throwing at me, i just over looked it cos if i decide to reply back, the thread will be locked as usual

Look at these single women in their 30's, does she really think they r happy? 99% of them lost their missing rib all in the name of wanting to pursue a career , look at genevieve our actress,she laid a good foundation in her career, but which man wants her now that shes established herself?, look at kanu nwankwo, after dating all the doctors, lawyers and models, who did he end up with? a young girl who completed her studies in his home, why do you think omotola and her husband are together, you think it does not give her husband so much joy to know that his wife made her money in his house?look at our men now, they all run for women still in school, like my grand ma used to say,any woman dat does not get married or meet smone serious while she's still studying, will find it difficult to get one after studying

The truth is alot of these men dont wanna feel inferior or have a woman who looks like shes going to choose her career over family for a wife and when they meet a woman who is so career orientated, they are so scared of settling down with her,cos they think, shes going to be a dictator and not the follower

But who i'm i to advice her anways,she sees me as some silly lady with no educational background, since shes got a good academic background, why is she asking for help here? she should be very intelligent and know how to deal with issues

1 Like

Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by webbjamie(m): 5:23pm On Apr 18, 2010
@jennykadry:i suggest you be a little less uncouth when expressing your views.men really appreciate that in women.cheerz.

1 Like

Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2010
Sure Webb as long as long as U don't count yourself amongst such men and also stop deceiving the poster with ur posts,I'm cool
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by Iranoladun(f): 6:50pm On Apr 18, 2010
@poster wether you like or not there is a very thin line between age & ego as far as a man is concern. In our culture, the age difference will always come up be it 1 or 2, 10 or 15. However what matter is how much love is in between the two of you.

My dear the guy is ready but are you?

Undergraduate get marry & finish their degrees in their husband's house how much more Master degree student!

I think you alone know why you're hesistant in tying the knots with this guy & my guts tell me the reason ain't just the age lol
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by mamagee3(f): 11:46pm On Apr 18, 2010
twinkle87:

@Jennykardy: LMAO @ u!!! i really wonder whats wt u n this thread?
i see u r catching your fun with your mediocre thinking, did u even attend a school?
anyways am enjoying your ranting and display of ignorance and foolery,
dont stop , continue, when u r tired u can take a hike off this thread
!!! [size=14pt]Au revoir[/size]
Obviously she didn't. grin grin

*Death*
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by ayettymama(f): 12:08am On Apr 19, 2010
webb jamie:

@jennykadry:i suggest you be a little less uncouth when expressing your views.men really appreciate that in women.cheerz.

it wouldnt be soo bad if she didnt think she was lil miss perfect!

abeg leave the girl thinkin she's the mohammed for married woman

shior

and she has the nerve to call others childish!
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by Nobody: 5:15am On Apr 19, 2010
Iranoladun:

@poster wether you like or not there is a very thin line between age & ego as far as a man is concern. In our culture, the age difference will always come up be it 1 or 2, 10 or 15. However what matter is how much love is in between the two of you.

My dear the guy is ready but are you?

Undergraduate get marry & finish their degrees in their husband's house how much more Master degree student!

I think you alone know why you're hesistant in tying the knots with this guy & my guts tell me the reason ain't just the age lol

my point exactly, she should choose her advisers carefully, some of them here know nothing but would rather blab blab and blab like the useless souls they are, taking advice from someone who suggested that a woman should not learn how to cook for her man and family on some thread is here telling her what to do, when she herself is yet to see a man that will take her for the lazy senseless woman that she really is

Pathetic
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by indie22(f): 10:35am On Apr 19, 2010
@ poster, Honestly, the age thing is really "mind over matter", if you both dont mind the age difference, then it doesnt matter,

But i think your problem is that you're just not ready to settle down , or maybe not with this particular guy.
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by mamagee3(f): 5:54pm On Apr 19, 2010
ayettymama:

it wouldnt be soo bad if she didnt think she was lil miss perfect!

abeg leave the girl thinkin she's the mohammed for married woman

shior

and she has the nerve to call others childish!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oh God, I couldn't have said it any better, Childish in the highest order! grin
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by webbjamie(m): 10:48pm On Apr 19, 2010
@jennykadry:i post this with great concern for your tongue and mind for it is a wonder someone in your physical vicinity hasn't seen it fit to part you from your tongue.I sincerely hope you learn to be more civil in future posts for your own sake.cheerz.
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by ayettymama(f): 11:06pm On Apr 19, 2010
webb jamie:

@jennykadry:i post this with great concern for your tongue and mind for it is a wonder someone in your physical vicinity hasn't seen it fit to part you from your tongue.I sincerely hope you learn to be more civil in future posts for your own sake.cheerz.

now inno what they mean when they say DEATH! lmao!
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by mamagee3(f): 11:26pm On Apr 19, 2010
webb jamie:

She doesn't know what "Civil" means just use a word equal to her standard like "Mature". grin grin grin grin

ayettymama:

now inno what they mean when they say DEATH! lmao!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by Nobody: 1:21am On Apr 20, 2010
webb jamie:

How old are you, 12? you talk about being civil on the net to someone you obviously dont know?what does that make you? a loser? common keep flexing your weakened muscle, you wanna show off dont you, why dont you take that great concern elsewhere or some family or friends that need it,cos seriously sweetheart, i dont need it, my tongue ahs aalways made ways for me, so why should i part from it? grin grin atleast it gives me an idea on how to put your silly self in the right position

Go get a job and get a life whilst you are at it, and as for your concern, you can take it to one of those hoes on the street with no future ambition like you

eediot cool
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by meggieblac: 8:48am On Apr 20, 2010
jennykadry:

if you dont mind someone 2 yrs older, then go marry a university student. u wanna be with a man that ahsnt seen life, someone that has a 99.9% probability fo cheating on you cos he isnt ready to get tied down by one gurl

you r just confused, and you better open your eyes b4 it becomes too late for you
Does 2yrs older mean he has to be a uni student. pls be reasonable 4 once. which cheating statistics are u talking of abeg. You really have nothing to post.
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by webbjamie(m): 9:29am On Apr 20, 2010
@jennykadry:What must i do to make u see that you need a total make-over in attitude? Oh,that women would be ladies again.
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 20, 2010
meggieblac:

Does 2yrs older mean he has to be a uni student. pls be reasonable 4 once. which cheating statistics are u talking of abeg. You really have nothing to post.

I would have replied your post, but seeing the way you are taking it personal i'd assume you fall into that 2yrs age range, wait until you grow up, when you do, come back and i will answer you, until then, go get busy with life

webb jamie:

@jennykadry:What must i do to make u see that you need a total make-over in attitude? Oh,that women would be ladies again.

Is this all you can come up with, you r beginning to sound like a broken record not to mention boring, if you have nothing useful to post, take a walk via the backdoor
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by agitator: 5:20pm On Apr 20, 2010
twinkle87:

Hi everyone,
i dont know if its just me or does anyone else think a 10 year difference between a guy and a lady is rather to wide?
I am 23 and i have this friend who wants to settle down with me. However he is 33, 10 years older than i am, and am a bit unconfortable with this.
though he said he plans to settle down dis year.
I am yet to formally update my parents on this but most other people that know this say there is nothing wrong with the age thing, 
However i am not in a hurry to tie the not soon as am currently undergoing my masters and i wish to lay a foundation for a career soon after.,
I need to hear from neutral sources,
thanks everyone smiley

Comfortable being friends and possibly sleeping with him, but once he mentions marriage she remembers the age difference.  Best excuse to tell him she's not ready for marriage.

jennykadry:

are you minding her? she didnt even allow me land before crucifying me, all these insults she has been throwing at me, i just over looked it cos if i decide to reply back, the thread will be locked as usual

Look at these single women in their 30's, does she really think they r happy? 99% of them lost their missing rib all in the name of wanting to pursue a career , look at genevieve our actress,she laid a good foundation in her career, but which man wants her now that shes established herself?, look at kanu nwankwo, after dating all the doctors, lawyers and models, who did he end up with? a young girl who completed her studies in his home, why do you think omotola and her husband are together, you think it does not give her husband so much joy to know that his wife made her money in his house?look at our men now, they all run for women still in school, like my grand ma used to say,any woman dat does not get married or meet smone serious while she's still studying, will find it difficult to get one after studying

The truth is alot of these men dont wanna feel inferior or have a woman who looks like shes going to choose her career over family for a wife and when they meet a woman who is so career orientated, they are so scared of settling down with her,cos they think, shes going to be a dictator and not the follower

But who i'm i to advice her anways,she sees me as some silly lady with  no educational background, since shes got a good academic background, why is she asking for help here? she should be very intelligent and know how to deal with issues

This is not the type of advice she wants.  She already made up her mind, just looking for confirmation to reinforce her decision on way to go. 

And this guy below will easily hit this babe if he knows her in person because he's a real casanova and understands what she wants.  Later she will cry her eyes out, when he abandons her for new game

webb jamie:

@jennykadry;just leave twinkle alone.she has set her priorities, which i think are in the right order.If she wants to continue her education that's fine cos i for one like my women educated and i believe my preference reflects that of a significant number of males across the globe.The brightest flower attracts the best insects,she will surely get a man.Besides,marryin @23 won't ensure a successful marriage. 
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by webbjamie(m): 9:04pm On Apr 20, 2010
@jennykadry:so you thing hurling curses at people on a public forum makes it 'interesting'?
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 21, 2010
@agitator

Guess you are right, she's made up her mind,she came on here asking for some advice and because my advice did not go down well with her as it opposes hers, I got called silly.

Nevertheless she needs to sit back and think, what will my life be like in terms of family in the next 3-4 years, will i meet someone like this? or will i end up getting a good career with no man in my life?
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by Asanwababy1: 9:26am On May 24, 2012
twinkle87: stop acting silly!!! U musn't comment ok!

Twinkle87, my sister got married @22, has two kids and guess what? She has a master's degree, has two other professional certification, and she did all while married.
So what you should be considering is whether you have a supportive partner that knows how important a degree is in today's world.
My other sister got married @26 and has 2 kids and in her husband's house she got two degrees and a masters she made a 1st class in. All while married and still married and her husband is 13yrs older, so I don't think there's anything wrong with getting married @ 23 as long as its with the right one. And then it all depends on you, how strong you are as a person and if your partner is very supportive of you decisions
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by shushu(f): 11:13am On May 24, 2012
dear poster,
at your age the ten year age difference seems like a big deal, but as you get older, it really doesnt matter.

There are many advantages to having an older man in your life ( assuming that this is a reasonable individual).He will be more patient than someone who is 2 years older than you and will also have a bit more experience career wise etc than someone closer in age to you.Also because of the maturity due to the age difference, the marriage should be relatively more peaceful.

I do however understand your apprehension-you want to finish school and boyfriend wants to get married.When do you graduate if i may ask.If it will be in about a year then you can both discuss the possibilities of waiting till you graduate.

I naturally prefer for a woman to be somewhat established before getting married because you learn to stand on your own two feet, but life works differently for all of us.So if you have a good man, marry him because it is very difficult to get good men its a lot easier when you are younger....i believe this is what jenny was trying to say.

The truth is that, everyone always says what if.Those who get married younger always say what if i had waited.Those who got married later also wonder and those who are older girls and still not married will also wonder if they should have married that guy 7years ago and continued their careers etc whilst married. So there will never be an ideal situation.
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by Asanwababy1: 11:34am On May 24, 2012
webb jamie: @jennykadry:so you thing hurling curses at people on a public forum makes it 'interesting'?

I don't believe jennykadry hurled curses on twinkle87, she only gave her a different perspective of what could be when she goes with her present inhibitions, in as much as she has made up her mind and only needs someone to tell her she is making d ryt Choice she also needs someone to make her stop and think of what d downside to that choice could be. Please oh free jennykadry oh she meant no harm. I believe.
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by Nobody: 4:49am On May 28, 2012
""poster,,,,age has noting to do wit who u shud spend ur life tym wit,d questions to ask ur self is how compartable are u guys...can he come down to ur level 4getin dat his older to relate wit or or is his age mkin him boss over u....Be wise in ur decisions
i have seen guy will wide age difference bt we still relate like we are age mates..,,wit dat u will enjoy ur marriage to him but if hes nt dat type i suggest u give dat relation a thorough tot
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by Nobody: 10:08am On May 28, 2012
as long as you are attracted to him and comfortable and he doesn't treat you like a child ITS OKAY
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by Zilja(f): 5:29am On May 29, 2012
I think you should wait until YOU get a little older. This guy has been through some life experiences that you haven't yet seen. I'm not saying you are not mature but your maturity level might not be where he is right now. You might not be able handle or understand some issues as he would want you to.

Just because he's older doesn't mean the grass is always greener on the other side.

Gud luck in your decision making.
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by dammysmall1: 7:23am On Jun 15, 2012
When u love pls skip the word age,cos when u really love him ur eyes will blindfolded with love
Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by EduPrada: 11:19pm On Jul 04, 2012
@jennykadry..speak for urself, girl..speak for urself.. Am a guy. And I like a career woman. Not everyone feels inferior wit a lady who has attained a high degree of education..I luv if my woman's career is very important to her..she shud jst try to strike a balance b/w her career and our relationship...and btw, pursuing ur career doesn't mean a lady's gonna stay single for a long time.. Jheez! Dis is the 21st century! Who still tinks lyk dat? If a lady is single for an abnormally long tym, it aint cos she spent a gud tym getting herself educated.. So, my dear twinkle, do wot u gat to do..dnt push relationships aside cos of education.and also don't be scared to educate urself for d fear of tym.. !

1 Like

Re: Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple by belli: 6:14pm On May 08, 2016
If he is a good prsn, have a good hrt n can satisfy u on bed(most impt) den age is jst a no....

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Should We Save For Our Children? / Share You Bed Wetting Stories As A Kid / Does Marriage Really Mean Settling Down?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.