Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,313 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Are Yoruba Men Like This?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Yoruba Men Like This?? (5910 Views)

Why Do Rich Men Deceive We Poor Men Like This??? (PICTURES) / Why Do Men Like To Sleep With Their House Helps? / Man Apologizes To His Wife After Seeing Her Like This At Home (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by psalmistkakah(m): 7:28am On Jan 17, 2018
Am sorry to say this about Yoruba men, but so piss up, my elder sister got married to a Yoruba man who claimed to be a born again Christian till date. over fourteen years with four children the most senior is over 13 years old, he has never send any of them to school, he owned a small private school, some how the school fold up over ten years ago, he refuse to get a job, all he keep saying he want to be a pastor by owing his own church but never want to be a sheep of an established pastor before establishing his, he made my sister to burn all she acquire while she was single saying she got them in a sinful way, aquising his mother to be witch, never allow his family to visit his parents, till the dead of his dad he wasn't in good term. My sister feed from hand to mouth, we do send money and bag of rice to her and my mum family have been of help to her.
The last that just happened now and we ask my sister to come back home and leave him, we gave her money to sent the children to school and she manage to get a job, just last week he asked my sister to stop work and the children should stop schooling, that he is going to open his school, he has no kobo. He is depending on the money my sister will get because my uncle out of his good will farm ginger for my sister and asked her to go and harvest it, which she did and on process even the transport for her to go and harvest he doesn't have I have to send it, imagine he told my sister to asked my uncle to do harvesting sell produce and sent the money to them. My sister and the children are now with us. Are Yoruba men this lazy, I have a neighbour too she is Yoruba and the husband's too, the man refuse to work just lazing around, learn hand work he refuse, the woman got angry and kick him out..Abeg make una reason am, because am thinking of arresting the man for negligence of family responsibility after all he physically fit and can work.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by Brooke60(f): 7:34am On Jan 17, 2018
Only your sister's husband

13 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by psalmistkakah(m): 7:37am On Jan 17, 2018
Brooke60:
Only your sister's husband
The man stupidness no get part two

5 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by LadySarah: 7:43am On Jan 17, 2018
I'm Igbo (ezigbo nwa afo) and I tell you that your assertion isnt true.

His behavior isnt because he is Yoruba but because he is a lazy ass mofo.some men are like that.

One of my bil says he wants to go abroad and attach to a church because he is been paid peanuts in Nigeria.He has also refused to work ,saying that his call is on ministry alone.meanwhile his wife just gave birth leaving my sis and her husbsnd( youngerbro) to foot their bills.
They plan to relocate soon cos he has dumped his family and their needs on them.Himself and his wife just folded their hands in the house.

Your sis shouldnt resign from her job,shouldnt stop the kids school nor harvest and send to him.let him suffer hunger and go out to work.

19 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by psalmistkakah(m): 7:50am On Jan 17, 2018
LadySarah:
I'm Igbo (ezigbo nwa afo) and I tell you that your assertion isnt true.

His behavior isnt because he is Yoruba but because he is a lazy ass mofo.some men are like that.

One of my bil says he wants to go abroad and attach to a church because he is been paid peanuts in Nigeria.He has also refused to work ,saying that his call is on ministry alone.meanwhile his wife just gave birth leaving my sis and her husbsnd(his bro) to foot their bills.

Your sis shouldnt resign from her job,shouldnt stop the kids school nor harvest and send to him.let him suffer hunger and go out to work.
My sister am telling you that man useless, pretend to be praying always, na now my sister eye open, my sister love any thing religion, but thank God she is ready to leave him if he doesn't meet up
Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by patani(m): 7:54am On Jan 17, 2018
That one is a cursed Yoruba man. Besides people behave erraticly and this not a function of their ethnic background or religion.

There are numerous stupid Yoruba people and countless Idiotic Ibo and Hausa. We all bleed the same red blood and chose our live style not withstanding, Cultures are designed to make humans standout for good not for anyone to hide under for their mentally derailed action

8 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by IkpuMmadu: 7:58am On Jan 17, 2018
psalmistkakah:
Am sorry to say this about Yoruba men, but so piss up, my elder sister got married to a Yoruba man who claimed to be a born again Christian till date. over fourteen years with four children the most senior is over 13 years old, he has never send any of them to school, he owned a small private school, some how the school fold up over ten years ago, he refuse to get a job, all he keep saying he want to be a pastor by owing his own church but never want to be a sheep of an established pastor before establishing his, he made my sister to burn all she acquire while she was single saying she got them in a sinful way, aquising his mother to be witch, never allow his family to visit his parents, till the dead of his dad he wasn't in good term. My sister feed from hand to mouth, we do send money and bag of rice to her and my mum family have been of help to her.
The last that just happened now and we ask my sister to come back home and leave him, we gave her money to sent the children to school and she manage to get a job, just last week he asked my sister to stop work and the children should stop schooling, that he is going to open his school, he has no kobo. He is depending on the money my sister will get because my uncle out of his good will farm ginger for my sister and asked her to go and harvest it, which she did and on process even the transport for her to go and harvest he doesn't have I have to send it, imagine he told my sister to asked my uncle to do harvesting sell produce and sent the money to them. My sister and the children are now with us. Are Yoruba men this lazy, I have a neighbour too she is Yoruba and the husband's too, the man refuse to work just lazing around, learn hand work he refuse, the woman got angry and kick him out..Abeg make una reason am, because am thinking of arresting the man for negligence of family responsibility after all he physically fit and can work.

It's just sophisticated way of living and hosting strangers....deal with it

7 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by IkpuMmadu: 7:58am On Jan 17, 2018
patani:
That one is a cursed Yoruba man. Besides people behave erraticly and not a a forum cation of their ethinic background or religion.

There are numerous stupid Yoruba people and countless Idiotic Ibo or Hausa. We all bleed thesame red blood and chose our live style not withstanding

We might be the second red blood but not the same orientation bro
Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by Diamond23(f): 8:00am On Jan 17, 2018
[color=#770077][/color] Frm experience ND encounters, most of them r like dat but not all. We still v d gud nd unique ones.

3 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by CaptainGOOD: 8:02am On Jan 17, 2018
Majority of them are like that. I tell u.

8 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by tossie101(f): 8:05am On Jan 17, 2018
Yoruba men?
Thats how they behave oo.. talking from experinces...I live and work with them.

There are good ones but just rare VERY RARE!.
Initially they pretend to be good just to get what they want. But later u see their true colors.

15 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by LecciGucci: 8:11am On Jan 17, 2018
Hm thats bad of him.
But without any bias.
Im not igbo or hausa or yoruba but i think yoruba men are the least when it comes to family.
yes i have stayed in the 3 regions.

I remeber opening a topic here to advise my advise yoruba friends due many incidents i saw.
But they turned it into a tribal zone and started abusing and insulting me calling me igbo.LOL

Till the mod hide the topic.
Seriously i think Yoruba men need to up their game.

12 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by IkpuMmadu: 8:11am On Jan 17, 2018
Come to Lagos....90% of those that you see at the betting stores are from there

98% of those that collect tickets are from there via alaye things

I think it's a cultural thing....in Lagos that opportunities abound....yet many of them couldn't just cash in. It's funny maybe it has to do with cultural setup or Upbringing...I don't know

But, I respect the ijebu folks...they hutsle like Igbo ...you can see them hawkimg gala at obalende and CMS

Hard work pays....though it might tarry but it pays

12 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by NIGHTMAREOO7: 8:19am On Jan 17, 2018
Go to every betting shop in Lagos and see many of playing gambling.
Thats what they know how to do best.
They like to make it through shortcut they dont like working for it.
Thats why u see them here Laffing at hustling igbo boys selling gala.
While they stroll lazilybin groups in the street

8 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by aljharem(m): 8:24am On Jan 17, 2018
tossie101:
Yoruba men?

Initially they pretend to be good just to get what they want. But later u see their true colors.

What is their true colour ?
Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by duduwest(m): 9:09am On Jan 17, 2018
And you forget to tell us what your family received from the man before he married your sister and by the way so its all yoruba guy/man that you know who behave like that
Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by psalmistkakah(m): 9:20am On Jan 17, 2018
duduwest:
And you forget to tell us what your family received from the man before he married your sister and by the way so its all yoruba guy/man that you know who behave like that
Bros my family receive nothing, the bride price he manage to after 2 years and it no pass 40k, bros this was well welcome, my family is a humble family...

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by NoToPile: 9:51am On Jan 17, 2018
This is going to turn to a tribal bashing thread.

Your bro in law is lazy shikena.

Even from the story you narrated he's lazy someone that wants to be a pastor and doesn't want to be under a pastor or mentor does that sound like a hardworking person to you.

4 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by omotuntun: 12:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
A race or tribe does not determine a person. I have similar case with one sick so called sis husband.
He is the most useless man of the century, his school also folded up till date he doesn't send any of his 7kids to school. Nor does he even care if any of them exist.
He also claim to be a pastor from Calabar or so.
So my sister a man is a man. A tribe is a tribe.

4 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by efighter: 3:14pm On Jan 17, 2018
psalmistkakah:

I am coming for you.

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by efighter: 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2018
psalmistkakah:

Yes, Yorubas are very lazy and poor. Very lazy and poor men like Otedola, Fashola, Fayemi, Tinubu, Awolowo, Obasanjo, e.t.c. Is your father qualified to be a gateman to any of the Yoruba men I just listed? Your ancestors must be mad. You better go back to your drug pushing and armed robbery family

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by psalmistkakah(m): 7:42pm On Jan 17, 2018
efighter:

Yes, Yorubas are very lazy and poor. Very lazy and poor men like Otedola, Fashola, Fayemi, Tinubu, Awolowo, Obasanjo, e.t.c. Is your father qualified to be a gateman to any of the Yoruba men I just listed? Your ancestors must be mad. You better go back to your drug pushing and armed robbery family
U must b stupid, my father is far beta than those idiots u just mentioned, Political thieves and son of a political thief, u must b stupid to compare my dad to them and I tell my dad will pay and feed ur dad and his family, lazy set of human being..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by Aquariann: 1:12am On Jan 18, 2018
Yes they are.. Very lazy bunch. You'll see elderly Yoruba men in Lagos park, Onitsha forming passengers inside buses, whereas they are all one chance people.

You'll still see them a Fagge, Osha, collecting tickets from keke and bus drivers, shouting "owo mi da". Same thing in PH.

All the betting shops in Owerri, Calabar, Makurdi, Enugu, PH and umuahia are filled with lazy and never do well Yoruba men and boys from morning till night.

What of ariaria market in Aba? You'll see them harassing poor keke riders for ticket money. Same thing they do in Uyo and watt market Calabar. Lazy Yoruba men disturbing young able bodied men hustling.

Have you visited the tomato market in gboko, Benue state before? You need to see how this Yoruba men are asking for ticket money from wheel barrow pushers.

What of family values? That one is minus for them. One of their celebrity has two bastard children with two different former Yoruba beauty queens. One of the queen is even a Princess o. She couldn't even respect her fathers crown and tradition but shamelessly (like the typical wayward yoruba girl she is) got pregnant out of wedlock to an irresponsible Yoruba boy who doesn't have respect for family.

What of schooling? They don't like sending their kids to school at all. Illiterates roaming everywhere. One of their illiterate son was president from 99-07 and another uneducated Yoruba man is the current Vice president.

Ladies, Run from Yoruba men. When he dies, his family will shave your hair and give you the water used in washing his corpse to drink to prove your innocence in his death. And if you are unfortunate not to have a male child, then no inheritance for you and your daughters.

Yeye tribe.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by Treasure17(m): 5:08pm On Jan 18, 2018
efighter:

That's way too harsh.
op, you actually have a point there but is not limited to the yourubas alone. Laziness is a common disease within the Yorubas . Most of their youths are not ready to work but they like to beg, borrow money in order to show off.

4 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by Richy4(m): 5:19pm On Jan 18, 2018
It's Stereotype dear . Your sister married to..hmmm.. let me just reserve my comment.. who am I to judge

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by uniquetreasure: 8:25pm On Jan 18, 2018
After watching those that are working hard for their money, at night they will go and rob them of their hard earned money ,very lazy men but their women are hard working.
NIGHTMAREOO7:
Go to every betting shop in Lagos and see many of playing gambling.
Thats what they know how to do best.
They like to make it through shortcut they dont like working for it.
Thats why u see them here Laffing at hustling igbo boys selling gala.
While they stroll lazilybin groups in the street

3 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by Angy55(f): 8:50am On Jan 19, 2018
tossie101:
Yoruba men?

Hhhmmmm, sisi are you serious? Tell me more about them please.

Luminuoz come and defend your people.

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by diportivo: 3:55pm On Jan 19, 2018
first born is 13

school folded up ten years ago.... that means around dat time,first born was three,and finances must av dwindled drastically

yet..... three more children still came forth

and u r here blaming ur brother in law

ok oh...

weldone

6 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by edoman2016: 9:34pm On Jan 19, 2018
psalmistkakah:

Bros my family receive nothing, the bride price he manage to after 2 years and it no pass 40k, bros this was well welcome, my family is a humble family...
How is your sister's husband surviving without source of income for over 10 years? Also didn't your sister observe the tendency for her husband to be lazy during dating before marrying him?

2 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by Welcomme: 8:56am On Jan 20, 2018
Aquariann:
Yes they are.. Very lazy bunch. You'll see elderly Yoruba men in Lagos park, Onitsha forming passengers inside buses, whereas they are all one chance people.

You'll still see them a Fagge, Osha, collecting tickets from keke and bus drivers, shouting "owo mi da". Same thing in PH.

All the betting shops in Owerri, Calabar, Makurdi, Enugu, PH and umuahia are filled with lazy and never do well Yoruba men and boys from morning till night.

What of ariaria market in Aba? You'll see them harassing poor keke riders for ticket money. Same thing they do in Uyo and watt market Calabar. Lazy Yoruba men disturbing young able bodied men hustling.

Have you visited the tomato market in gboko, Benue state before? You need to see how this Yoruba men are asking for ticket money from wheel barrow pushers.

What of family values? That one is minus for them. One of their celebrity has two bastard children with two different former Yoruba beauty queens. One of the queen is even a Princess o. She couldn't even respect her fathers crown and tradition but shamelessly (like the typical wayward yoruba girl she is) got pregnant out of wedlock to an irresponsible Yoruba boy who doesn't have respect for family.

What of schooling? They don't like sending their kids to school at all. Illiterates roaming everywhere. One of their illiterate son was president from 99-07 and another uneducated Yoruba man is the current Vice president.

Ladies, Run from Yoruba men. When he dies, his family will shave your hair and give you the water used in washing his corpse to drink to prove your innocence in his death. And if you are unfortunate not to have a male child, then no inheritance for you and your daughters.

Yeye tribe.
Baba, your sarcasm strong die. You are damm good in sarcastic posts.

8 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by owoeye2: 1:06pm On Jan 20, 2018
This crap you wrote is a classic example of fallacy of hasty generalization.
Your grammar proves that your are a lazy person.
1. Lazying not Lazing
2. Pissed not piss
3. Death not dead
4. Accusing not aquising
5. I am not am

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yoruba Men Like This?? by Windflower(f): 2:12pm On Jan 20, 2018
[quote author=psalmistkakah post=64267684.[/quote]
I SMH when I see a post like this,did you come here to promote a tribal war. I wonder when people would be reasonable enough to realise that before we are Yoruba,Hausa or igbo,we are all humans.
Which study showed that peoples attitude is in accordance with the tribe they come from that you have to conclude that all Yoruba's are like that.
My aunt married an Igbo man,this man refused to work all in the guise that he wanted to go back to school. He became my aunts bank,she would only receive alert on her phone,cos she was a Christian and believed in total submission to her husband. This Igbo man would bring his girlfriend home and introduce her as his sister,never allowed any family members near my aunt cos he didn't want us to enjoy her money. He would use my aunts hard earned money to stock up his girlfriend shop. The girlfriend would come,my aunt thinking its his sister would even give her money and cloth. Eventually, the step sister was the one who told my aunt the truth,still he begged and they moved on. The real issue was when she needed airtime of just #100 and he refused to give her knowing fully well they paid her salary not long ago,things became violent they got a divorce. On the day he was leaving,he packed the flat screen TV,air condition, generator and other items in the house,mind you he wasn't the one who bought all these things. Ooh,did I tell you she collected a loan for him at her workplace for him to get a car,she continued paying the loan while he went with the car. Family wanted to take it up with him,but my aunt being the coolheaded person told us to leave him to God,Now was it a Yoruba man that did all these,was it a Yoruba man that was callous enough to rape my friend for the 1st and second time.
Was it a Yoruba landlord that showed me pepper where I served in south east that they entered my room and stole my things.
Was it a Yoruba man that did all this,yet I never came on nairaland to spew trash about Igbo's,I still have them as friends.so before you come here and create a tribal war,try be of help to your sister instead

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Husbands Raping Their Wife's / Unconscious Sex And Suffering / How My Brother-in Law Attempted To Have His Way With Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.