Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,832 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) (7690 Views)

This Is The Kanu Nwankwo/StarTimes Ad That Was Voted Most Annoying TV Ad On NL / Which Lion Was Yours? / "wild Heart", The Mexican Soap Aired On Ait (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by Ayemokhia: 12:57am On Apr 13, 2010
Nwankwo Kanu Excites Fans In New Movie

Nwankwo Kanu, the man at the centre of the movie titled ‘Lion Heart: The Kanu Story’, has expressed his desire to include a reward system in the movie project for ball fans. Kanu, who expressed this desire at the unveiling of the first promotional poster for the movie during the week, explained his motive for such gestures.

“My life story will be incomplete if I do not involve the fans who truly love me.

“Imagine those fans who approach me each time at the airport just to take a photograph with me; imagine how many homes have framed my pictures either while playing football or just walking down the street. To me, this is love, and I must show them I love them too. This movie project will not be complete without rewarding some of such people,” observed the Super Eagles and Portsmouth of England forward.

Lion Heart, which is currently being filmed in Nigeria, London, Amsterdam, the USA, South Africa and India, is slated for global premiere in September this year.

It is a documentary feature that chronicles Kanu’s inspiring rags to riches story from a unique perspective that delves into his journey into the world of soccer from his humble beginnings in Owerri, his struggle with a near-fatal heart condition at the peak of his football career and the heart surgery in Cleveland, Ohio. His tribulations and triumph at Arsenal, Ajax, Portsmouth and other big clubs in Europe are all well captured in this classic movie.

Neil Oyenekan, the producer of the movie, has assured that these fans would be part of the movie, pointing out “a great story is told from several perspectives and including the fans in the story of an African icon is a great idea”.

He added that besides getting the views of the regulars who may have had a personal or professional relationship with Kanu, it is quintessential to also document the pictorial experiences of those individuals who recognize and idolize Kanu without knowing what kind of person he is at close quarters; “we’d like to unravel the motive behind this adulation and know what the fans are thinking because you really have to admire someone before you walk up to him to request for a photo opportunity”, he noted.

Oyenekan hinted that there are fans who have taken more than a dozen photographs with Kanu over the years “and we would just like to see these pictures and also get more perspectives from the fans that had these pictures taken”.

James Amuta, the movie’s promoter, in a statement in Lagos, gave insights into the modalities for participating in the first of a series of fun-filled activities designed to reward the Kanu fans.

Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by mamagee3(f): 1:01am On Apr 13, 2010
Would be watching out for that movie. grin
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by sulad82i(m): 1:08am On Apr 13, 2010
hehehe cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by shilling(f): 4:22am On Apr 13, 2010
. . . really sounds interesting.
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by ireneann: 7:54am On Apr 13, 2010
I never knew Kanu could speak english grin grin grin
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by sley4life(m): 11:20am On Apr 13, 2010
Has kanu turned an actor?
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by igboboy1(m): 11:20am On Apr 13, 2010
ireneann:

Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by ichommy(m): 11:29am On Apr 13, 2010
ireneann:

rubbish can you speak more than him, is not by force to reply to threads angry angry angry
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by Wrex(m): 11:32am On Apr 13, 2010
Trust me, that would be one splendid movie
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by rickie4us(m): 11:35am On Apr 13, 2010
am waiting for that splendid movie too.
he has really achieved a lot
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by Vanpee(m): 11:36am On Apr 13, 2010
Ayemokhia:

It is a documentary feature that chronicles Kanu’s inspiring rags to riches story from a unique perspective that delves into his journey into the world of soccer from his humble beginnings in Owerri, his struggle with a near-fatal heart condition at the peak of his football career and the heart surgery in Cleveland, Ohio. His tribulations and triumph at Arsenal, Ajax, Portsmouth and other big clubs in Europe are all well captured in this classic movie.

, dis 'll be a source of hope 4 those findin tins very very difficult n challengin. This millionaire u know 2day was frm 1 of d poorest families in Owerri then. I can't wait 2 c d movie
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by octar6: 11:40am On Apr 13, 2010
Footballer turning into an actor.thats quite intresting. cool
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 13, 2010
speechless grin
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by k10: 11:50am On Apr 13, 2010
Better he is into acting than music,
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by Chinda02(f): 12:11pm On Apr 13, 2010
He is a *determined* young man, grin
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 13, 2010
The guy is not acting a movie, he is producing a documentary. It's still acting anyway but that doesn't make him an actor yet. So don't get yourselves confused here, ok?
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by milkan05(m): 12:18pm On Apr 13, 2010
*peak commercial*, I was determined(igbo accent - detahmeeeened) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

eagerly waiting for more from the movie  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by toideve(m): 12:19pm On Apr 13, 2010
ireneann:

haba! na wa o
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by olayinkaj2(m): 12:33pm On Apr 13, 2010
Kanu is an hero!!! papilo,
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by agapeLuv1(m): 12:44pm On Apr 13, 2010
Great for him i wish Him happy acting and resting time but i still prefare my online biz it pays well
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by Oby1(f): 12:50pm On Apr 13, 2010
milkan05:

*peak commercial*, I was determined(igbo accent - detahmeeeened) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

eagerly waiting for more from the movie  grin grin grin grin grin

Na wah o!
Is English your language? There is no language that does not have way of murdering English.
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by wales(m): 12:56pm On Apr 13, 2010
sley4life:

Has kanu turned an actor?

After football what next? Actor or Singer grin grin grin
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by ehiabj(f): 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2010
Kano deserves OON,
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by sylve11: 1:15pm On Apr 13, 2010
ichommy:

rubbish can you speak more than him, is not by force to reply to threads angry angry angry

oboy e never reach quarrel na grin cool
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by Goldmind1(m): 1:16pm On Apr 13, 2010
@Milkan05
[/quote]*peak commercial*, I was determined(igbo accent - detahmeeeened)    
[quote]

Boy, you are funny.
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by dominique(f): 1:19pm On Apr 13, 2010
hope he's not the one playing the lead role? he should do the voice-overs and let a trained actor play his part, or else lipsrsealed lipsrsealed  tongue
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by amaikama(m): 1:20pm On Apr 13, 2010
Am not surprise, an actor turn singer, a footballer turn actor, naija are talented i tell u, soon, politician will turn to preachers, that will be de day i tell u, lol  grin    grin     grin    grin
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by eleshin(m): 1:26pm On Apr 13, 2010
good 4 him
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by elelem(m): 1:29pm On Apr 13, 2010
Kanu will remain a cat with nine lives.A legend with a heart of gold who knows how to give back to the society from the much that God has given him
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by snowdrops(m): 1:29pm On Apr 13, 2010
He is only using what he has/who he is to get what he wants.

He knows his career is all but over. Instead of retiring, and then see a masive drop in his standard of living it is only wise he starts preparing for life after football and set in the tight machinery to earn comparable amount of money.
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by baslone: 1:32pm On Apr 13, 2010
amaikama:

Am not surprise, an actor turn singer, a footballer turn actor, naija are talented i tell u, soon, politician will turn to preachers, that will be de day i tell u, lol  grin    grin     grin    grin

The article says - a documentary!!!
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by amaikama(m): 1:35pm On Apr 13, 2010
@Baslone, all the same,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Adverts Motivate You / Why Is There No Nigerian Wrestler On WWE? / Please Where Can I Watch Or Download The Movie "Last Flight To Abuja" ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.