Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest (29877 Views)

Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa – Cassper Nyovest / Married Woman Begs Cassper Nyovest To Fertilize Her As He Lands In Nigeria / Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by DrOkoroafor(m): 1:19pm On Jan 17, 2018
Yes, South-African Hip-Hop Is In The Forefront In General. Nigerian Rappers Are Kinda Unknown In SA – Cassper Nyovest

Prior to winning best Hip-hop at SoundCity MVP. South African rapper, Refiloe Phoolo famously known as Cassper Nyovest, had an exclusive interview with Joey Akan of PulseNG, where he talked about African Hip-hop in general and the state of Hip-hop in Nigeria.

Commenting on the controversial 2017 single “You Rappers Should Fix Up Your Lives” where M.I Abaga admitted that South African rappers are dominating the Hip-hop scene in Africa. Cassper agrees with M.I Abaga, stating as quoted:

“Yes, South African Hip-hop is in the forefront of African Hip-hop in general. It might not be as popular as it is in South Africa in Nigeria. But I know for a fact that the rappers from Nigeria are kinda unknown in SA,” he says

“If we talk about crossing over, I know that a lot of people in Nigeria know about my music. I know that in Kenya and Ghana it’s the same thing.

“I’m not just talking about me, I’m talking about the movement. Sarkodie is big in Ghana, but are there other rappers who are as big as Sarkodie from Ghana? The South African Hip-hop movement is big across, also in London, New York…we are out there performing in different countries.”

Cassper also confessed the topic is controversial as he tried to explain his point further. “Me saying that might offend people here. They might feel that I’m taking shots at Nigerian music. But that’s not the deal. If we are to discuss in terms of numbers and appeal across the world, it’s just the way it is.”

Well, Cassper Nyovest is quite right saying this topic is controversial. But it is also advisable to note that everything he said in the interview are facts. South Africa is in the forefront of African Hip-hop, and Nigerian rappers are unknown in South Africa.

Peep the source for more details.

SOURCE

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Mariangeles(f): 1:41pm On Jan 17, 2018
Who cares though...?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Johnpaul01: 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2018
Who told him Nigerians listen to his songs, Let one south African DJ jam WO in their club and you will see them dancing as if money is involved

118 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by KushyKush: 3:44pm On Jan 17, 2018
This guy wants to trend in Nigeria.

He is aware anyone who bashes our products will trend in the news. Just like Eazi and that shatta guy angry

SA no sabi our artistes but the rest of the world does. The whole southAfrica can burn in hell for all we care.

Abegi.

Now Playing: Science student

136 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by eleojo23: 3:44pm On Jan 17, 2018
We don't know you in Nigeria

Or does anyone know this guy?

I don't.

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by bash4us(m): 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
I want to laugh...........

I don't even know him

Someone please help me with a suitable meme. grin grin grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by pautex: 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
JEALOUSY cheesy NIGERIANS ARE MAKING WAVES WORLDWIDE, YOURE THERE FOOLING YOURSELF. DO WE EVEN KNOW YOU?

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Friedyokes: 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
How many of una we know here

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by samzzycash(m): 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
Okay they are only Good in the rap game
But I bet if he was performing at a club in South Africa and the Dj plays Wizkid MANYA they will chase him Away from the stage and start Grooving.

Meanwhile
Did you steal meat from the soup
Americans:No i did not steal meat from the soup
Nigerians:Meat..?,Me..?,Steal..?
Which pot..?,How..?,When..?

Me that has been in my room since...

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by johnwizey: 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
We don hear jare
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by markbenny(m): 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
okbye

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Eyedea(m): 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
Your fada dia, i don't blame you na, you want to yarn dust and trend.
idiot

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by itchie: 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
He is right. How can we dominate rap when we celebrate wack noisemakers like olamide, phyno, lil kesh and small doctor? People who can't even string two proper English sentences together and whose only expertise is coming up with stupid and vulgar slangs. This mediocre rappers can't even get beyond west Africa with their rubbish music. We relegate real talented rappers like M.I to the background and celebrate quack rappers and expect to be taken serious by others? It can't work

95 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by SomeoneNice: 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2018
Doll ti take over....
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Ermacc: 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2018
who is he?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Badboiz(m): 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2018
None of business
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by chesterlee(m): 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2018
True though

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Snow02: 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2018
he's about attacked online for this and he knows it lol just looking for controversies

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Suspect33(m): 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2018
whats my business with SA pple, all i know is that Messi is better than Ronaldo grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LZAA: 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
DrOkoroafor:
Yes, South-African Hip-Hop Is In The Forefront In General. Nigerian Rappers Are Kinda Unknown In SA – Cassper Nyovest

Prior to winning best Hip-hop at SoundCity MVP. South African rapper, Refiloe Phoolo famously known as Cassper Nyovest, had an exclusive interview with Joey Akan of PulseNG, where he talked about African Hip-hop in general and the state of Hip-hop in Nigeria.

Commenting on the controversial 2017 single “You Rappers Should Fix Up Your Lives” where M.I Abaga admitted that South African rappers are dominating the Hip-hop scene in Africa. Cassper agrees with M.I Abaga, stating as quoted:

“Yes, South African Hip-hop is in the forefront of African Hip-hop in general. It might not be as popular as it is in South Africa in Nigeria. But I know for a fact that the rappers from Nigeria are kinda unknown in SA,” he says

“If we talk about crossing over, I know that a lot of people in Nigeria know about my music. I know that in Kenya and Ghana it’s the same thing.

“I’m not just talking about me, I’m talking about the movement. Sarkodie is big in Ghana, but are there other rappers who are as big as Sarkodie from Ghana? The South African Hip-hop movement is big across, also in London, New York…we are out there performing in different countries.”

Cassper also confessed the topic is controversial as he tried to explain his point further. “Me saying that might offend people here. They might feel that I’m taking shots at Nigerian music. But that’s not the deal. If we are to discuss in terms of numbers and appeal across the world, it’s just the way it is.”

Well, Cassper Nyovest is quite right saying this topic is controversial. But it is also advisable to note that everything he said in the interview are facts. South Africa is in the forefront of African Hip-hop, and Nigerian rappers are unknown in South Africa.

Peep the source for more details.

SOURCE

nigerian hip hop(i mean pure rap)died around 2012
labels dont want it
dy want u to do the trend ie pon pon now and d next trend later
u tell rappers to up dia game and dy still hold on to the past moves and get angry witchu
sad but true

25 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by gloert: 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
coolDry fall

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Aniedi30(m): 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
pls I don't know u sir, I don't know ur country ur music and what u people do in South Africa the only person I know is Nelson Mandela.... so who ur Hip Hop change life.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by roqrules04(m): 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
His right.
Na SA get RAP for Africa

22 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by lascopes(m): 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
Every club in southy bang to the tunes of naija rappers...even most clubs in Pretoria are owned by naija boys. Who no go no know��‍♂️

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by pepethemaniac: 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
Who the hell is cassper?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Emac34: 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
Nigerians don't give a fück about rap

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by rawtouch: 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2018
who knows this one..

the only Casper I can remember is the cartoon Casper the friendly ghost..

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by AnthonyAk(m): 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2018
Jokes nobody knows Casper beyond south africans

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Denrele Edun Reacts As Khloe Returns To The Big Brother House / A Rare Throwback Photo Of Fela’s Family Before Afrobeat / Genevieve Nnaji Looking Beautiful In Cornrows (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.