Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,747 members, 7,802,286 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar (45333 Views)

First Thing Dasuki Did When He Returned Home After He Regains Freedom [PHOTOS] / Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo / Reactions As Amaechi And Abike Dabiri Clash At APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by aminulive: 5:09pm On Jan 17, 2018
Dabiri Meets Nigerian In Qatar Who Returned N150m Wrongfully Paid To Him

Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora has hailed a Nigerian, Michael Jonathan Asemota a.k.a Teddy for his sincerity and honesty in returning QR1,502,000 ($441,127.99) about N150 million wrongfully posted into his account in Qatar.

In a statement by Abdur-Rahman Balogun, Special Assistant on Media to Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa stated that the SSA gave the commendation when she received Mr. Michael Asemota in her office on Wednesday in Abuja.

The SSA said that such a rare display of honesty and sincerity from a Nigerian in the Diaspora has given the country a facelift as well as other Nigerians living in Qatar.

She urged Asemota to continue to be a good ambassador of Nigeria and implore other Nigerians in the Diaspora to emulate the positive image he has given to Nigeria in Qatar .

`` With this exceptional act of honesty, you have become a positive image for Nigerians and Nigeria in Qatar in the midst of bad news tag against Nigerians in the Diaspora.

``We are truly proud of you and urge you to continue to extol the virtues and strength of the Nigerian heritage of honesty, integrity and honour. Your shinning beacon serves as inspiration to the Youth of Nigeria’’, Dabiri-Erewa stated in a letter of commendation personally signed by her and given to Asemota.

Michael Asemota, a native of Edo state but based in Doha, Qatar, had opened an account with a cheque of QR150, 200 with an undisclosed commercial bank, where he is the sole signatory of the account.

Narrating his experience to the SSA during the courtesy call in Abuja, ``as i got back home, I received an alert showing that a QR1,502,000 had been credited into my account by mistake instead of QR150,200.

“I went to see the manager to report the error of QR1, 502,000 deposited into my account. After checking for confirmation, the manager gave me a warm handshake in appreciation.”

Asked why he alerted the bank about the error, Asemota said:“I knew the money did not belong to me and shouldn’t be in my account in the first place, so there were no motives and temptations to keep it.”

He advised people faced with similar situations to ”immediately notify their bank to avoid any potential problems as the bank will eventually trace their mistake back to your account and withdraw the mistakenly deposited money.”

He said the singular act has given Nigeria and Nigerians positive image in Qatar in the midst of bad stories of Nigeria emanating from the country.

Asemota is an official of Nigerians in Diaspora Organisation-Qatar (NIDO-Qatar), the umbrella body of Nigerian residents in the country.

https://politicsngr.com/dabiri-meets-nigerian-qatar-returned-n150-million-wrongfully-paid/

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by GavelSlam: 5:11pm On Jan 17, 2018
Correct bros.

18 Likes

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 17, 2018
Both of them be looking like #200 Agege Bread.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by agwom(m): 5:24pm On Jan 17, 2018
hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by itchie: 5:42pm On Jan 17, 2018
Honest men still dey o. Although the man just escaped his village people's attempt to catch up with him in Qatar. Just last week in Nigeria, a man was arrested for converting 10million naira mistakenly transferred to his account. His honesty has prevented his village people from singing Ajekun Iya to him

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by MZEE01: 6:25pm On Jan 17, 2018
With this exceptional act of honesty, you have become a positive image for Nigerians and Nigeria in Qatar in the midst of bad news tag against Nigerians in the Diaspora.

If we all resolve to be like Asemota today, I bet you Nigeria will be the best country where people will aspire to live in. The truth is this, Success does not count unless you earn it fair and square.

Asemota has no guilt to walk on broken paths of false success while living a discolored flamboyant life styles with what he never earned. The colony of broken ass boys and girls will quote me very soon telling he gave out an opportunity. But before then, remember that definitions of opportunity will not be complete without acknowledging circumstances.

I give it to Asemota for redefining the image of Nigeria from a bad light!

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by neoGRAVITY(f): 6:25pm On Jan 17, 2018
Na wahh

2 Likes

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by fulaniHERDSman(m): 6:25pm On Jan 17, 2018
angry angry sad
Mallam Buhari should also return the votes he wrongfully got from BENUE, ADAMAWA, TARABA, SOUTHERN KADUNA etc if there is any honesty in him.

useless ethnic champion angry sad

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 17, 2018
lipsrsealed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Firefire(m): 6:26pm On Jan 17, 2018
Good!

1 Like

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by opeoluwa20(m): 6:26pm On Jan 17, 2018
You need a intimacy gadget [quite author=kmcutez post=64283947]Both of them be looking like #200 Agege Bread.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by forayfleo(m): 6:26pm On Jan 17, 2018
Good one bro

2 Likes

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by forayfleo(m): 6:27pm On Jan 17, 2018
God Almighty will bless you abundantly

7 Likes

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Blackfire(m): 6:28pm On Jan 17, 2018
Fo.ol.

3 Likes

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Newpride(m): 6:28pm On Jan 17, 2018

How does ur father, mother, sister and brother look like ........... ?

7 Likes

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by BlackDBagba: 6:28pm On Jan 17, 2018
Ok
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by blackjack21(m): 6:29pm On Jan 17, 2018
itchie:
Honest men still dey o. Although the man just escaped his village people's attempt to catch up with him in Dubai. Just last week in Nigeria, a man was arrested for converting 10million naira mistakenly transferred to his account. His honesty has prevented his village people from singing Ajekun Iya to him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by phkka1(m): 6:29pm On Jan 17, 2018
Can our president and Lai Muhammad display this type of honesty?

6 Likes

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by youngsahito(m): 6:29pm On Jan 17, 2018
somebody should pls use that kind of money to play wif me na

11 Likes

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Stethaine: 6:29pm On Jan 17, 2018
Who own the money he returned at first place.
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Garose(f): 6:29pm On Jan 17, 2018
In this period of hunger i no sure say i go return am.
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by 9japrof(m): 6:29pm On Jan 17, 2018
Would any of Nigerian hardcore politicians be this honest?

Hell No, so why should they be going around congratulating the few honest people around when they are bunch of crooks and canker worms to the polity...

4 Likes

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by coolfredo(m): 6:30pm On Jan 17, 2018
kmcutez:
most time it is better to keep quiet than to open mouth n clear all doubt

9 Likes

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by So101: 6:30pm On Jan 17, 2018
Ha no be under this kind of hardship I go do Good Samaritan oh make nobody make mistake transfer money to my account bewarned once I get alert it’s mine..lol..just kidding. Nice one for returning the money he is blessed!!
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by kygo(m): 6:30pm On Jan 17, 2018
wow proud of this guy
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by So101: 6:31pm On Jan 17, 2018
coolfredo:
most time it is better to keep quiet than to open mouth n clear all doubt
say him mouth dey smell abi what lol
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by VivaDeAngelo(m): 6:32pm On Jan 17, 2018
So this madam is still around? How obscure this clueless government can make one to become.

Kudos to that Nigerian jari!!! There are many of us like that, if you doubt it you can try me.

Bolaji Lotanna Farouk
Wema Bank

2 Likes

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Adonis86(m): 6:32pm On Jan 17, 2018
Rubbish... if it's Madam Abike in this man's position, could she have done same?
I think the man just don't know what to do with the money, hence return it for fear of the unknown, not based on integrity as alleged.
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by phenylalanine(m): 6:33pm On Jan 17, 2018
Newpride:

How does ur father, mother, sister and brother look like ........... ?
Guy ur own come too much, d send u make u curse am back? Follow ur lane
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by ToluSuo(m): 6:36pm On Jan 17, 2018
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police IG Orders Arrest Of Senator Abbo, His Orderly Over Assault On Sales Girl / President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria / Two Of The Biggest Losing Governors In The Last Elections (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.