Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State (13949 Views)

Marriage To Conjoined Twins From The Shari'ah Perspective / Writing A Shari'ah-compliant Will As A Muslim (lesson 3) / Two Pastors Accept Islam In Ogun State During Ramadan Lecture (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by Lukgaf(m): 1:22pm On Jan 18, 2018
Alhamdulilah, It's eventually established in Ogun state, a Shari'ah court which Ogun State Muslims have been yearning for ages.

People living in Ogun state and environs can now seek redress or have their case adjudicated based on Qur'an and Sunnah by reputable Islamic Jurists.

The Shari'ah court is under the able leadership of Eminent, Reputable and Erudite Scholars like:
i. Shaykh Dr Khidri Mustafa - Grand Qadi
ii. Shaykh Abdu-r-Rasheed Mayeleke
iii. Dr Musa Afis and host of competent islamic Jurists is opened to all Muslims, male and female.

The Shariah Court handled cases on

1. Marital dispute
2. Imamship tussle
3. Organisational conflict
4. Child custodian and guardianship
5. Inheritance imbroglio and host of other disputes emanated as a result of being Muslims and in the course of practising our Deen.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:21pm On Jan 18, 2018
Alhamdulillah, We are blessed! May Allah grant us more of this in all other states too! It is only by Judging by the Book of Allah do we get sanity and serenity. May Allah bless all those who are involved in making these come to fruition. Really happy with this development!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:25pm On Jan 18, 2018
Assalamun Alaykum bro Lukgaf, Can we get marriage certificate from them?

1 Like

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by Lukgaf(m): 4:07pm On Jan 18, 2018
Rashduct4luv:
Assalamun Alaykum bro Lukgaf, Can we get marriage certificate from them?

Walekum Salam sheikh. I think we can. Though not sure. May be we confirm From the contact Sir

1 Like

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by Lukgaf(m): 4:10pm On Jan 18, 2018
Since it is Sharia courts, such provisions would be made even if not in their agenda before Sir.
Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:30pm On Jan 18, 2018
Lukgaf:

Walekum Salam sheikh. I think we can. Though not sure. May be we confirm From the contact Sir
Bro, No dey call me Sheikh o. Jazaak Allahu khayran. I will send a mail to the contact first.
Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by tartar9(m): 8:51pm On Jan 18, 2018
Alhamdulilah

1 Like

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by Lukgaf(m): 8:33am On Jan 19, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Bro, No dey call me Sheikh o. Jazaak Allahu khayran. I will send a mail to the contact first.

Please find feed us back ASAP

1 Like

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by Mynd44: 9:39am On Jan 19, 2018
Until someone appeals the judgement of the court in a high court and it gets thrown out.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by honEmirate(m): 9:41am On Jan 19, 2018
Alhamdulillah!

1 Like

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by Mynd44: 9:41am On Jan 19, 2018
Wait fess, they dont even have any constitutional powers.

This is just like calling me in front of a pastor and expecting me to abide by the decision of that pastor.

99 Likes 9 Shares

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 19, 2018
grin fukery

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by KayTash(m): 9:50am On Jan 19, 2018
Da fuq is this?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by verygudbadguy(m): 9:51am On Jan 19, 2018
So long as there is no verdict of amputation or public flogging, it is cool. Please, note that you can only seek redress on case that involves Muslim parties.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by usba: 9:53am On Jan 19, 2018
Mynd44:
Until someone appeals the judgement of the court in a high court and it gets thrown out.

But that is how the judiciary works. Wrong ruling by lower courts are remedied by higher courts.

1 Like

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by usba: 9:54am On Jan 19, 2018
[s]
ELKHALIFAISIS:

grant you what in all state hope you can tolerate Christian court in Sokoto islamisation of yellowbar land in progress... religion of piss and tolerance indeed... you are free to start ur newest caliphate in yellowbar land
[/s]

Why are you soo pained?

2 Likes

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by Mynd44: 9:54am On Jan 19, 2018
verygudbadguy:
So long as there is no verdict of amputation or public flogging, it is cool.
The verdict is not binding as they have no constitutional powers

25 Likes

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by nawtyme: 9:55am On Jan 19, 2018
Please will there be live broadcast of the whipping stoning to death and hand chopping?
That is the only interesting thing for me.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/insurgency-buharis-call-full-sharia/

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/buhari-calls-total-sharia-nigeria/

2 Likes

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by Quality20(m): 9:56am On Jan 19, 2018
our Yoruba brothers I'm really happy for u guys. How can states like Kogi and Niger have such courts, while Yoruba who are strong Muslims not have still wonders me

7 Likes

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by Mynd44: 9:57am On Jan 19, 2018
usba:

But that is how the judiciary works. Wrong ruling by lower courts are remedied by higher courts.
Wrong! A lower court is part of the judiciary this is not a lower court. It is like a community having a head and people take their conflict to him/her. The decisions are not binding on anybody and you can even decide not to show up.

A lower court can have to arrested by the police if you refuse to show

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by Ramon92: 9:57am On Jan 19, 2018
How come Mynd44 doesn't have that stupid declaration on his profile yet I'm required to do so before I can comment on a Muslim thread?

Anyway, all na politics sha..

Little things like this matter a lot and this is just them testing the waters. Religion is politics and this what the Muslims have realised but the Christians are yet to.

If this is allowed to stand, very soon they'll start fighting to get recognised by the constitution and we have an idea how that'll end up.

I'm not a Christian, neither a Muslim but if Christians continue to remain docile and depend on an imaginary protection from somewhere, it's only a matter of time before there's a title called Emir of Lagos..

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 9:58am On Jan 19, 2018
usba:
[s][/s]

Why are you soo pained?
the law are made for poor almajiri like you... abeg go and deal with it

28 Likes

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by Hotfreeze: 9:59am On Jan 19, 2018
This is just a beer parlour gathering where disgruntled people go to express their frustration.

The so-called court has no legislative backing in the Laws of Ogun State and those Qadis manning the court are judicial ghosts: they don't exist. They court is illegal and its judgment are not enforceable.

Meanwhile, all these Muslim leaders are bare-faced hypocrites. They all make noise about sharia but run to the west for treatment and better life.

Why didn't Buhari carry Yusuf to Saudi for treatment? Why didn't the Sultan carry his daughter to Saudi to study instead of the UK? Why did Sani Yerima have his kid born in the UK instead of Saudi?

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by Quality20(m): 10:00am On Jan 19, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:

grant you what in all state hope you can tolerate Christian court in Sokoto islamisation of yellowbar land in progress... religion of piss and tolerance indeed... you are free to start ur newest caliphate in yellowbar land
show us a xtian court in Anambra or calabar before talking of one in Muslim land. u guys like copy copy. we go on hajj u wanna go to Italy for pilgrimage. We have shariah so bring up ur own

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by usba: 10:07am On Jan 19, 2018
Mynd44:
Wait fess, they dont even have any constitutional powers.

This is just like calling me in front of a pastor and expecting me to abide by the decision of that pastor.

So in essence it is arbitration

1 Like

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by OgologoDimkpa: 10:08am On Jan 19, 2018
I hope all these Female Yoruba Muslim lawyers that bent on wearing hijab during a court section
would troop to this sharia court.

They can even dress like masquerade if they like embarassed

12 Likes

Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by lilAZeeZ(m): 10:10am On Jan 19, 2018
masha Allah. Jazakllahul khair the sharia will be made gradually
Re: A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State by Hotfreeze: 10:10am On Jan 19, 2018
OgologoDimkpa:
I hope all these Female Yoruba Muslim lawyers that bent on wearing hijab during a court section
would troop to this sharia court.

They can even dress like masquerade if they like embarassed

Females aren't allowed to appear as lawyers in Sharis courts. They are considered filthy and unworthy.

I have more knowledge of the Sharia than most Muslims and can testify that the very basis of the Sharia is discrimination and deprivation. I can testify to that as I studied Islamic law sometime ago.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“freedom” Of Women Or “freedom” To Men To Enjoy Them? / Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? / She Called Her; "Selfish First Wife!!!"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.