Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics (37759 Views)

These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba / List Of Art Courses You Can Study Without Literature In English / 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by EternalTruth: 11:05pm On Jan 18, 2018
slyfoxxjoe:
[s] After you graduate in any if these courses, just take your certificate and flush down the toilet because unemployment sure for you die. [/s]
sharap. Ignoramus

1 Like

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by EternalTruth: 11:07pm On Jan 18, 2018
Krafty006:
nice, I studied shoe making without any credit pass in mathematics.
up till now even in this new year, you no still get sense. I pity you
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by micflo28(m): 11:54pm On Jan 18, 2018
Naija youths and emphasis on certificates even at age 30 when the so called current fold of leaders started leading us at early 20's with little less of an ordinary school leaving certificate and still leading... angry iffa hear anything about courses or certificates I will.... angry
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 19, 2018
EternalTruth:
sharap. Ignoramus
bitter truth bro..In today's job market, some degrees will render you virtually noncompetitive unless you have connections somewhere in which case degree doesn't matter at all. You don't have to go to a university..i'ts only in this country we place too much emphasis on paper degrees. No matter how useless the course, everyone just wants to have certificate. You are better off doing an apprenticeship, learning a craft or starting a business instead of wasting 4 years only to graduate with a 2:2 in Yoruba science. Does that make sense to you?

1 Like

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by Nobody: 12:14am On Jan 19, 2018
omoelerin1:
Mumu
bitter truth bro..In todays job market, some degrees will render you virtually noncompetitive unless you have connections somewhere in which case degree doesn't matter at all. You don't have to go to a university..i'ts only in this country we place too much emphasis on paper degrees. No matter how useless the course, everyone just wants to have certificate. You are better off doing an apprenticeship, learning a craft or starting a business instead of wasting 4 years only to graduate with a 2:2 in Yoruba science. Does that make sense to you?
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by Nobody: 12:58am On Jan 19, 2018
laudate:

Oga that must be a backward university. Nobody asked me for that when I did my Masters.

Abeg which uni be that ? They were even insisting that its a regulation affecting all uni..
Many of those around me had to resolve to some ways to GEt in maths
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by laudate: 1:35am On Jan 19, 2018
nurshah:
Abeg which uni be that ? They were even insisting that its a regulation affecting all uni..
Many of those around me had to resolve to some ways to GEt in maths
Unilag...
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by aragon4realz(m): 5:49am On Jan 19, 2018
AreaFada2:

Who says? That is where we need to do more research. Take Benin Kingdom for example. When the Europeans first came in the 1470s, before America was even discovered, they met a well-organised state with a well established hierarchy, a King, a traditional prime minister, palace societies of chiefs, in charge of about 33 professional guilds of occupation: royal physicians and diviners (Ewaise), Bronze casters guild (Igun n'eronmwon), Wood/Ivory carvers guild (Igbesanmwan), Drummers guild (Ikpemaba), Leather workers guild (Isekpokin), etc.

I have no doubt many other kingdoms across Nigeria had great achievements since antiquity like NOK culture, Igbo-Ukwu, Oyo, Owo, Ife, Kano, Kanem Bornu, Borghu, etc.

So just because we have not studied our history much does not mean there isn't. Imagine a common disease like malaria, we still do not have a vaccine for it. Why? Because it is poor people's (Africans') disease. This is literally what a renowned medical researcher/professor once told me.

We Africans should be researching/excavating our history and researching our diseases. But no, we fail both ways woefully.
alright...I get what you're trying to say but believe when I say that who ever study this ....is definitely good hungry

1 Like

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by AreaFada2: 7:43am On Jan 19, 2018
aragon4realz:

alright...I get what you're trying to say but believe when I say that who ever study this ....is definitely good hungry
Well I know a time will come when transferable skills will become more important in 9ja no matter your degree. But just try to be very good at whatever you do. Get a 1.1 degree for example. And you might find yourself doing post grad abroad. Other things may follow.

1 Like

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by yoruBADboi(m): 8:02am On Jan 19, 2018
Chikita66:
Not having a credit in mathematics limits someone so much, you will end up with courses like Igbo linguistics, history, English, mass comm, philosophy, religion and other orishirishi courses.

limit someone so much! and you added mass communication? really?

1 Like

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by Mypeople2(m): 2:42pm On Jan 19, 2018
All these ones you listed here, saying they don't need maths ..
I won't say much. It is when you graduate and you want to do clearance that you will know afar

1 Like

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by encryptjay(m): 7:05pm On Jan 19, 2018
OP should stop deceiving people.
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by omoelerin1: 9:07pm On Jan 19, 2018
slyfoxxjoe:
bitter truth bro..In todays job market, some degrees will render you virtually noncompetitive unless you have connections somewhere in which case degree doesn't matter at all. You don't have to go to a university..i'ts only in this country we place too much emphasis on paper degrees. No matter how useless the course, everyone just wants to have certificate. You are better off doing an apprenticeship, learning a craft or starting a business instead of wasting 4 years only to graduate with a 2:2 in Yoruba science. Does that make sense to you?
No course is useless.
If you believe going to university is wasting of time, irrespective of the course the person studied, then I will agree with you, considering the current job market.
But if you believe studying certain course is a waste of time, then you are very wrong.

1 Like

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by kennyjam: 5:28am On Jan 21, 2018
free2ryhme:

it is marching time not marking time

thank you, i meant it -marking time not your marching time.

what is mark time: to march in one place without moving forward

1 Like

Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by Bodyodour: 2:44am On Feb 02, 2021
JARUSHUB:
Mathematics is highly dreaded among Nigerian students and many students wish to say bye bye to it after secondary school. If you don’t like math, or just don’t want to have anything with it again, or you didn’t make credit pass in it in WAEC or GCE, these are the courses and schools (universities) that can still offer you admission with pass (D7 or E8) in o’level Mathematics.

List of schools and courses that accept pass in Mathematics:-

Archaeology (ABU, Ibadan)
Arabic Studies (ABU, Fountain, BUK, Al-Hikmah, Ilorin, Jos, KWASU etc)
Classical Studies (Ibadan)
Christian Religious Knowledge (Abuja, Babcock, Bowen, etc)
Fine and Applied Arts (Delsu, Benin, UNN etc)
Creative Arts ( Lagos, UNIPORT, UNN, UNIMAID etc)
Dramatic/Performing/Theater Arts/Films Studies (ABU, Abuja, OAU, Bayero, Bowen, Calabar etc)
English Language/English Studies (ABU, AAU, ABUAD, Babcock, Caritas, Uyo, UNIOSUN, Redeemers, LASU etc)
English Language & Literature (AUN, UNIZIK, ABSU, UNIBEN etc)
Literature in English (ABU, UDUS, OAU etc)

French (UNILAG, Lapai, LASU, OAU, UNN, Tai Solarin etc)
Hausa (ABU, Bayero, Gusau, Maiduguri etc)
History (OAU, BASU, ABU UNIZIK etc)
History and International Studies (Ajayi Crowther, Babcock, Bowen, Akwa Ibom State University etc)
International Studies and Diplomacy (Biu, Benin)
Igbo (UNIZIK, ABSU etc)
Islamic Studies (Abuja, Al-Hikmah, Bayero, KWASU, Summit, NOUN etc)
Linguistics (Benin, Calabar, Jos, Fountain, Ekiti State University, Ibadan, Lagos, IMSU etc)
Mass Communication (Adekunle Ajasin, Abia State University, Covenant, Bingham, Jos etc)
Philosophy (Ambrose Alli University, UniAbuja, Dominican, JABU, KSU, UNILAG, OAU, Bowen, Madonna etc)

Religious Studies (Augustine, ABSU, AUE, Harvest, Calabar, Calvary, Immaneul, IMSU, McPherson etc)
Theology (Madonna)
Comparative Religious Studies (Ilorin)
Yoruba (Fountain, OAU, OOU, EKSU etc)
Anthropology (Ibadan)
Communication Arts (Bowen, Uyo)
Chinese Studies (KASU, UNILAG, UNIZIK)
Political Science (Federal Universities in Lokoja, Kashere, Wukari, Ndufu and Otuoke – but you must have at least D7 or E8 in Mathematics)
Sociology (only Plateau State University accepts D7 in Math, other schools you must have credit in Math)[/b]
Elementary Education (Calabar – but at least a pass in Mathematics)

Education & Yoruba (Ibadan, Fountain, TASUED etc)
Education & Islamic Studies (ABU, Abuja etc)
Education & History (AAU, Benin etc)
Physical & Health Education (ABU, Bayero, Calabar, Jos etc)
[b]Education & English Language (AAU
, Abuja, Lead City etc)
Education with Fine & Applied Arts (DELSU, OAU etc)
Education & Hausa (ABU etc)
Education & Religious Studies (Ibadan, Ikere Ekiti, Pankshin etc)
Education & Arabic (NorthWest, Bayero etc)
Educational Foundations (ESUTECH, UNIZIK LASU, EBSU etc)

Curriculum & Instruction with Arts options (Niger Delta University)
Primary Education Studies (EKSU, TASUED, Jos – but with E8 or D7 in Math)
Guidance & Counselling (Only IMSU, TASUED, Ibadan and Ilorin accept D7 or E8 in Mathematics)
Special Education (Ibadan)
Adult Education (ESUTECH, RSUST, Ibadan, UNIPORT)
Education & Social Studies (DELSU, Calabar, EBSU)
Civil Law (UNN, Ibadan, Uyo, Madonna, Biu, IMSU, DELSU, AAU, NAU, Jos, OOU, Ilorin, OAU)
Islamic Law/Sharia Law (Ilorin, Bayero, LASU, KSU)
Common Law (Ilorin)
Criminology & Security Studies (Jos)

source: http://www.jarushub.com/50-courses-you-can-study-without-credit-in-mathematics/

@the bolded, what the difference between the 3?
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by Kayprincefav: 4:41pm On May 08, 2021
ABSU Admission List for 2020/2021 Academic Session (1st-3rd Batch)

The management of the Abia State University (ABSU) has released the 2020/2021 academic session 1st, 2nd and 3rd batch admission lists.

This is to inform Candidates that took part in the Abia State University (ABSU) 2020/2021 aptitude test can now access their admission status online.

The ABSU admission list contains the names of candidates offered provisional admission into the university’s various degree programmes.

How to Check ABSU Admission List

Prospective students of ABSU can access their admission status by checking names pasted on the NOTICE BOARD within the school premises.
Read more here [https://www.latestadmissionnews.com.ng/absu-admission-list-for-2020-2021-academic-session-1st-3rd-batch/]
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by Konquest: 12:14am On May 09, 2021
JARUSHUB:
Mathematics is highly dreaded among Nigerian students and many students wish to say bye bye to it after secondary school. If you don’t like math, or just don’t want to have anything with it again, or you didn’t make credit pass in it in WAEC or GCE, these are the courses and schools (universities) that can still offer you admission with pass (D7 or E8) in o’level Mathematics.

List of schools and courses that accept pass in Mathematics:-

Archaeology (ABU, Ibadan)
Arabic Studies (ABU, Fountain, BUK, Al-Hikmah, Ilorin, Jos, KWASU etc)
Classical Studies (Ibadan)
Christian Religious Knowledge (Abuja, Babcock, Bowen, etc)
Fine and Applied Arts (Delsu, Benin, UNN etc)
Creative Arts ( Lagos, UNIPORT, UNN, UNIMAID etc)
Dramatic/Performing/Theater Arts/Films Studies (ABU, Abuja, OAU, Bayero, Bowen, Calabar etc)
English Language/English Studies (ABU, AAU, ABUAD, Babcock, Caritas, Uyo, UNIOSUN, Redeemers, LASU etc)
English Language & Literature (AUN, UNIZIK, ABSU, UNIBEN etc)
Literature in English (ABU, UDUS, OAU etc)

French (UNILAG, Lapai, LASU, OAU, UNN, Tai Solarin etc)
Hausa (ABU, Bayero, Gusau, Maiduguri etc)
History (OAU, BASU, ABU UNIZIK etc)
History and International Studies (Ajayi Crowther, Babcock, Bowen, Akwa Ibom State University etc)
International Studies and Diplomacy (Biu, Benin)
Igbo (UNIZIK, ABSU etc)
Islamic Studies (Abuja, Al-Hikmah, Bayero, KWASU, Summit, NOUN etc)
Linguistics (Benin, Calabar, Jos, Fountain, Ekiti State University, Ibadan, Lagos, IMSU etc)
Mass Communication (Adekunle Ajasin, Abia State University, Covenant, Bingham, Jos etc)
Philosophy (Ambrose Alli University, UniAbuja, Dominican, JABU, KSU, UNILAG, OAU, Bowen, Madonna etc)

Religious Studies (Augustine, ABSU, AUE, Harvest, Calabar, Calvary, Immaneul, IMSU, McPherson etc)
Theology (Madonna)
Comparative Religious Studies (Ilorin)
Yoruba (Fountain, OAU, OOU, EKSU etc)
Anthropology (Ibadan)
Communication Arts (Bowen, Uyo)
Chinese Studies (KASU, UNILAG, UNIZIK)
Political Science (Federal Universities in Lokoja, Kashere, Wukari, Ndufu and Otuoke – but you must have at least D7 or E8 in Mathematics)
Sociology (only Plateau State University accepts D7 in Math, other schools you must have credit in Math)
Elementary Education (Calabar – but at least a pass in Mathematics)

Education & Yoruba (Ibadan, Fountain, TASUED etc)
Education & Islamic Studies (ABU, Abuja etc)
Education & History (AAU, Benin etc)
Physical & Health Education (ABU, Bayero, Calabar, Jos etc)
Education & English Language (AAU, Abuja, Lead City etc)
Education with Fine & Applied Arts (DELSU, OAU etc)
Education & Hausa (ABU etc)
Education & Religious Studies (Ibadan, Ikere Ekiti, Pankshin etc)
Education & Arabic (NorthWest, Bayero etc)
Educational Foundations (ESUTECH, UNIZIK LASU, EBSU etc)

Curriculum & Instruction with Arts options (Niger Delta University)
Primary Education Studies (EKSU, TASUED, Jos – but with E8 or D7 in Math)
Guidance & Counselling (Only IMSU, TASUED, Ibadan and Ilorin accept D7 or E8 in Mathematics)
Special Education (Ibadan)
Adult Education (ESUTECH, RSUST, Ibadan, UNIPORT)
Education & Social Studies (DELSU, Calabar, EBSU)
Civil Law (UNN, Ibadan, Uyo, Madonna, Biu, IMSU, DELSU, AAU, NAU, Jos, OOU, Ilorin, OAU)
Islamic Law/Sharia Law (Ilorin, Bayero, LASU, KSU)
Common Law (Ilorin)
Criminology & Security Studies (Jos)

source: http://www.jarushub.com/50-courses-you-can-study-without-credit-in-mathematics/

Interesting...
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by Odun7890: 8:27am On Sep 18, 2021
Konquest:

Interesting...

��
Re: 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics by complexstuffs(m): 8:44am On Sep 05, 2023
Not having a credit in mathematics limits someone so much, you will end up with courses like Igbo linguistics, history, English, mass comm, philosophy, religion and other orishirishi courses.

Very very true....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JAMB Announces Date For 2019 Registration / "My Boyfriend Encouraged Me" –UNILORIN Best Anatomy Graduate / 5 Categories Of Students Who Will Benefit From ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.