Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

A Lady's World 2 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Lady's World 2 (455 Views)

A Lady's World 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Lady's World 2 by jmix(m): 11:50pm On Jan 18, 2018
A LADY'S WORLD (part 2).
When I saw the inscription on the tomb of my mother's grave, I wished she was given a chance to write her epitaph. My dad didn't prepare anything special, the date of her birth and the date of her death wasn't enough to animate her grave. But we don't get to write our obituaries, do we? I stared at mother's grave like i was hypnotized. My mind was blank, I felt light, I didn't know what to say or think. I felt no emotions, I felt empty, was this the feeling of death.
My thoughts didn't bring me here, if I had thought about anything perhaps i would have brought a flower with me. There was no doubt that the death of mum was making me paranoid. My gaze met hundreds of graves as i made my way out, then, I realized I had walked into the cemetery absentmindedly. The sight was like another world, the dead living in the world of mystery. Maybe we sorrow for nothing, maybe there are happy in their world and perhaps to them, we are really the ones dead.
The cemetery was unnaturally silent. The wind was still, the sun was gentle and I felt like an intruder. Without anymore thought I left.
"Nkechi where have you been?"
"No where father "
"Nkechi am talking to you". I needed rest, for a while i hadn't slept well. My body felt ready to give me the rest i needed. Since the death of my mum, dad had been trying to be two parent in one. His words of console sounded odd, whenever he gives advice it became obvious father was trying to be someone he was not.
Dad am fine, i just need some rest "I was casual" Nkechi are you sure, you look rather pale "
" Dad I understand what you're trying to do, but I can look after my self " I gave him a tender look before I walked to my room.
We don't see death but we see the banner of agony it carries. Death can take away life but life cannot take away death. It simple, life as never been fair. The gracious voice that brought me back from the realm of thoughts, was a voice i loved so much. "Nkechi. . ." I sensed fright behind the voice and it made uncomfortable "Angel what wrong?" "Nkechi I. . . I think am going to die". My heart stopped for a second, I felt a nut in my stomach. Am I in the house of echoes. "No Angel, you are not going to die, don't say that, tell me what wrong" As i urged her, nervousness engrossed her, I knew I wouldn't get her to speak like this, I had to use the other way round. "Tell me what wrong or get out of my room" my voice was firm and authority hovered upon it. "Nkechi. . ." her voice was really shaky, but as usual I stood my ground. "Yes!" "Nkechi, i saw blood in my panties this morning" she immediately burst into tears. At first I didn't understand what she meant, but when I did i gave her a very sly smile. "Nkechi are you really happy am going to die". This time i laughed "Nkechi. . ! So am going to die like mum"
"No, Angel you're not going to die, as a matter of fact your life is just about to begin. Come seat let me tell you about it". She looked confused and lost, but she came anyway. "Angel, what happening to you is called menstruation and it happens to every lady. "Every lady?" "yes Angel, every lady".
As i continued my explanation, i knew that death had given me something. . .A responsibility. But it wasn't over mum's death was a mystery.

Adumati olumide
Re: A Lady's World 2 by kennysam91: 11:59pm On Jan 18, 2018
Hummm

jmix:
A LADY'S WORLD (part 2).
When I saw the inscription on the tomb of my mother's grave, I wished she was given a chance to write her epitaph. My dad didn't prepare anything special, the date of her birth and the date of her death wasn't enough to animate her grave. But we don't get to write our obituaries, do we? I stared at mother's grave like i was hypnotized. My mind was blank, I felt light, I didn't know what to say or think. I felt no emotions, I felt empty, was this the feeling of death.
My thoughts didn't bring me here, if I had thought about anything perhaps i would have brought a flower with me. There was no doubt that the death of mum was making me paranoid. My gaze met hundreds of graves as i made my way out, then, I realized I had walked into the cemetery absentmindedly. The sight was like another world, the dead living in the world of mystery. Maybe we sorrow for nothing, maybe there are happy in their world and perhaps to them, we are really the ones dead.
The cemetery was unnaturally silent. The wind was still, the sun was gentle and I felt like an intruder. Without anymore thought I left.
"Nkechi where have you been?"
"No where father "
"Nkechi am talking to you". I needed rest, for a while i hadn't slept well. My body felt ready to give me the rest i needed. Since the death of my mum, dad had been trying to be two parent in one. His words of console sounded odd, whenever he gives advice it became obvious father was trying to be someone he was not.
Dad am fine, i just need some rest "I was casual" Nkechi are you sure, you look rather pale "
" Dad I understand what you're trying to do, but I can look after my self " I gave him a tender look before I walked to my room.
We don't see death but we see the banner of agony it carries. Death can take away life but life cannot take away death. It simple, life as never been fair. The gracious voice that brought me back from the realm of thoughts, was a voice i loved so much. "Nkechi. . ." I sensed fright behind the voice and it made uncomfortable "Angel what wrong?" "Nkechi I. . . I think am going to die". My heart stopped for a second, I felt a nut in my stomach. Am I in the house of echoes. "No Angel, you are not going to die, don't say that, tell me what wrong" As i urged her, nervousness engrossed her, I knew I wouldn't get her to speak like this, I had to use the other way round. "Tell me what wrong or get out of my room" my voice was firm and authority hovered upon it. "Nkechi. . ." her voice was really shaky, but as usual I stood my ground. "Yes!" "Nkechi, i saw blood in my panties this morning" she immediately burst into tears. At first I didn't understand what she meant, but when I did i gave her a very sly smile. "Nkechi are you really happy am going to die". This time i laughed "Nkechi. . ! So am going to die like mum"
"No, Angel you're not going to die, as a matter of fact your life is just about to begin. Come seat let me tell you about it". She looked confused and lost, but she came anyway. "Angel, what happening to you is called menstruation and it happens to every lady. "Every lady?" "yes Angel, every lady".
As i continued my explanation, i knew that death had given me something. . .A responsibility. But it wasn't over mum's death was a mystery.

Adumati olumide

(1) (Reply)

Daily Memoirs Poetry Deut " Music By Myranda Ezinne And Soibi Ransom / In The Eye Of The Storm. Love, Family & Finances / 5 Codes Of An Unbecoming Side-chick – A Fiction Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.