Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,358 members, 7,780,972 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:38 AM

My Jazebel - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Jazebel (465 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Jazebel by anonymousthug(m): 2:26pm On Jan 19, 2018
NOTE:
This is a work of fiction and any resemblance to real life is totally coincidental .
Whether or not this is going to be in my future or was in my past is, in fact, a matter of little or no importance because occurrences like this is very rare and if I were you I’d rather not miss any part of this weekly release that begins today...

YOUR CRITICISM IS WELCOME!!!!
but make una easy oh
Re: My Jazebel by anonymousthug(m): 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2018
When I was young I used to think that the aphorism, what you sow is what you reap, is true to all issues of life without any exceptions whatsoever. But looking back , I feel differently about how true this saying might be; a suspicion has risen in me that there might be a few or many exceptions to this rule; that some people have been damned even from the womb such that anything they touch becomes just about as damned as them; that nature might choose to pay you with evil even after you have done a whole lot of good.
Like I said earlier, this is merely a suspicion but I’d rather not rule out the possibility of such suspicion being true because most_if not all_discoveries of truth have come from mere suspicion .
I wasn’t the most fortunate kid in the world and I wasn’t born with a silver spoon . My parents weren’t the richest people in the world. No, they weren't even close. Everyday, we get to wake up and ask for the necessities of life. In some of the rich homes they probably did the same thing but the difference between what we did and what they do is a matter of kind and not of degrees; they already had what they asked for while we hoped to get what we asked for.
I grew up in that lifestyle and though it wasn’t the best anyone would have hoped for, I did love it as a child. Yeah there was the occasional hunger and we got to put on rags but we were happy that way. We slept and woke up on mats ,some of us pissed in bed and got spanked by either of mama and Papa but look that was the way they were brought up and you couldn’t blame then for spanking your ass when you were the cause anyway.
When I was five, I enrolled in the local elementary school where I met a whole lot of new friends and learned a whole lot of things ; I only did six years but thank God I could read and write . The the teachers thought I was a smart kid and needed to go further or I’d be a waste of natural endowments . Mrs Adenike, my class mistress even had to come home with me on learning that I’d be going no further than elementary six, her simple reason for coming was to convince my parents to let me go further but my father wasn’t going for it. Not that he didn’t want to but he always said it would be foolish of any one to start something they obviously won’t be able to finish. I always thought he was right.
Mrs Adenike was the fat type and she had some trouble passing through the small door that linked our small house to the outside world . My father was relaxing in his wooden chair at a semi sleeping position with his face to the roof which didn’t have any form of ceilings (and that should tell tell you we had hard times at cold nights ). He was at first taken by surprise and his face didn’t conceal it; this was because all comments and advices that I needed to further my education had always come from hearsay like....... “ Pa, this was what my headmaster said today” or “Pa, class two teacher thinks it would be a shame if I stopped at six “. But today here a teacher stood and I could feel my father sending some telepathic warning like “ Son I hope you have done no wrong ‘cause your ass is gonna be in a sling”.
He didn’t have to wait for long though. “Good afternoon sir” Mrs Adenike greeted. There wasn’t any sofas or armchairs or any of those things in the ten feet square sitting room. There was my father’s wooden chair and there were a couple of small wooden stools as well. The wooden stools were packed together at one corner of the room.
“you’re welcome ma’am “ replied my father. “Paul, do get her a stool from there. “ he said pointing to where the stools were packed. I walked across the room and brought one for my teacher to sit.
For a reason best known to him my father ordered me out of the room . I obeyed and walked out through the door that led into the passage which in turn led to the back exit door. Though I was ordered out I wasn’t ordered not to eavesdrop and so I helped myself.
I caught every word from the conversation that ensued, with an underlying hopethat my father would be convinced by the extra effort of Mrs Adenike .
“Auntie, we already concluded the matter. “ my father said with a hint that he would say no more about e subject . “Paul is my son and I want the best for him and that is why he’ll be leaving the village within the week. Remember that education is not all about spending long years within the blocks of a classroom; travelling is also a part of education and if you don’t have one type you better don’t lack the other”
I wasn’t there to see off Mrs Adenike so I could see what was written on her face but I didn’t need to be there to know that it was nothing but disappointment and regret and the wish that she could help me. I suspected that she would have helped me if she could and now that she couldn’t I had to face the life that I didn’t want and to live through it like it’s my heritage.
I didn’t know exactly what lay in wait but I didn’t hope it would a bed of roses because a lot if stories have been told and most -if not all – of the stories were damning.

NOTE: don't miss the next episode as Paul narrates his struggles with JEZEBEL.
Re: My Jazebel by anonymousthug(m): 3:23pm On Jan 19, 2018
Continuation...

If I had the chance to blame anyone, it would have been my father, and that would have been as a result of the striking contrast between what he promised and what I got . But hey, I was not afforded that chance as things moved a bit faster than I had expected.
“Paul, if you’re ever gonna have a problem living with Maxwell and his family, it’d be of your own makings. “ Those were the words with which my father bade me farewell from the place of my birth.
I knew I was going to be a good kid and if the problem was going to be of my makings then there won’t be any problems at all;the man whom my father introduced as my boss was of a peaceful predisposition, and heck, he don’t look like he talked too much and that made me think my father was probably right.
But I as well as my father was wrong ; wrong as hell. Only problem was we didn’t know it until it was rather too late. My father probably measured every man in the same standard with which he measured himself; he probably thought -without making much enquiry – that every man – my boss included-is the head of his home and dictates the affairs of everyone just like himself. In him there was no form of liberalism whatsoever and he’s of the unwavering belief that every leader ought to adopt the same system of thought if they were to leave any legacies behind them.
In the course of the short arrangement for my leaving home, nobody said anything about the fact that my boss had a wife; but he did have a wife, and a darned beautiful one for that matter ; and she’s the woman that would change the story of my life forever. She’s the one who’s angelic beauty caused my jaws to drop in awe; where I grew up, it was almost abominable for a kid -yet to be a man- to acknowledge a woman let alone, her beauty. But that doesn’t mean we kids didn’t know the beautiful ones when we see them only thing we did was to keep shut about them for fear of getting cursed or starved or disowned, you know stuff like that. And that was what went down when I first met my boss' wife; it was like her beauty had invisible claws that reached down to my heart through my gasping mouth and pulled at the fabrics of my soul but I knew I'd be damned as Satan in hell to say a thing about it - she seemed to know what I was thinking though . Yeah, her beauty really had claws and she knew it, alright. And in the course of my apprenticeship, she reached out some more with those claws, blackened my heart and changed the hue of my soul forever. My life never remained the same again, not after the first time I saw her.

(1) (Reply)

How I Make Money Writing Online, And 2 Reasons Why You Dont / 22 Years Old Nigerian Author Wins Award In America / Classical Theories, Behavioural Perspcetive And Modern Theories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.