Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Learn How To Build A Realtime Chat Application With Django, Rabbitmq And Vue.js - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Learn How To Build A Realtime Chat Application With Django, Rabbitmq And Vue.js (2961 Views)

Someone Should Help Me With This Mysql And Vue Problem / Getting Started With Firebase Realtime Database On The Web / Building An Ionic 3 Shopping Cart App With Firebase Realtime Database Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn How To Build A Realtime Chat Application With Django, Rabbitmq And Vue.js by danidee10(m): 3:07pm On Jan 19, 2018
I've been writing this tutorial since the beginning of the year it's finally ready for public consumption smiley

https://danidee10.github.io/2018/01/01/realtime-django-1.html

It leverages an open source notification library i created called django-notifs to send messages to RabbitMQ, the messages are consumed and then sent down to the user's through WebSockets (uWSGI websockets).

The source code for the chat application is available on github https://github.com/danidee10/chatire
The source for django-notifs https://github.com/danidee10/django-notifs

I'm currently working on an API for django-notifs to decouple it from django and make it usable from any system/app you can think of PHP, Node, a frontend SPA, Mobile apps, Command line etc

If you have any suggestions on how it can be improved or you want to contribute. you can raise an issue on github or here on nairaland.

Thanks for reading

Re: Learn How To Build A Realtime Chat Application With Django, Rabbitmq And Vue.js by danidee10(m): 3:08pm On Jan 19, 2018
The gif was supposed to be animated sad

Re: Learn How To Build A Realtime Chat Application With Django, Rabbitmq And Vue.js by LordRahl001: 7:39pm On Jan 19, 2018
Why use a rabbitmq when javascript can read from websockets directly? It's streams and it's non-blocking... Just asking those...
Re: Learn How To Build A Realtime Chat Application With Django, Rabbitmq And Vue.js by yorex2011: 8:01pm On Jan 19, 2018
You did a great job. I dunno much python/Django now tho... But I'd learn it soon. Planning an app that'll need to have a really fast api endpoint due to potential scaling issues.

I'm thinking of either node or python.

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University / Creating A Mobile App / Questions A Beginner Python Programmer Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.