Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Go To Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Go To Church. (1039 Views)

Dubai Yahoo Boy Who Wants To Marry A Prostitute Meets TB Joshua (Video) / Never Skip These Before You Marry As A Christian / Bishop Abioye: Any Man Who Doesn't Show Commitment Financially Not Safe To Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Go To Church. by nancyv(f): 5:32pm On Jan 19, 2018
This question is strictly for Christians only!!!

my elder sis has been dating a guy for three years now. The guy is really a good person but the problem is that around June last year,he told my sis he no longer goes to church.
He believes in God but says he detests going to church cos he sees it as politics.
my mum advised my sis not to marry him but she refused becos she loves him and time is not really on her side.
I have told her to follow her heart but I fear the thing might cause problem for them tomorrow if they are to marry.
please I need your advice.
Re: Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Go To Church. by HeyCorleone(m): 5:36pm On Jan 19, 2018
As long as he has that consciousness, as long as he recognizes God and the significance of prayer not just as a last resort but as a lifestyle, then there is no problem.

After all there are Church goers, even some pastors, who commit heinous crimes, once out of Church (which they misconstrue as God's presence because really God's presence is everywhere).

So I don't see Church going as a prerequisite of some sort. Rather it should be what goes on in the individual's mind.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Go To Church. by gabinogem(m): 5:37pm On Jan 19, 2018
As long as both genuinely love themselves, nothing will cause problem.
Re: Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Go To Church. by GideonG(m): 6:07pm On Jan 19, 2018
Let her not allow going to church thing affects her happiness, having a better personal relationship with God is better than going to church which some people turned it to be like a tradition, people are just being more religious than spiritual. Mum has already done hers, let the daughter do hers too. Its a lifetime matter, happiness shouldn't be compromised.
Re: Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Go To Church. by BiafranBushBoy: 6:09pm On Jan 19, 2018
Mods hide this thread...

I don't want my girl to see it!!
Re: Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Go To Church. by Mhissgaga(f): 6:10pm On Jan 19, 2018
cheesy cheesy
I can't
So what are we going to be doing at home on Sundays?

God over a man's looks,love or financial success

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Go To Church. by Elthugnificent(m): 6:15pm On Jan 19, 2018
All this over religious folks though.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Go To Church. by festwiz(m): 6:31pm On Jan 19, 2018
Elthugnificent:
All this over religious folks though.

Your moniker tells me you like "The Boondocks". Respect BRUH.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Go To Church. by Daviddson(m): 6:34pm On Jan 19, 2018
It's a risky adventure to get married to someone who has wide different spiritual orientation from you. It'll invariably cause many misunderstandings.
The guy is most likely a closet atheist (just like Freeze) or an agnostic.
Re: Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Go To Church. by Elthugnificent(m): 6:39pm On Jan 19, 2018
festwiz:
Your moniker tells me you like "The Boondocks". Respect BRUH.
You can't be more right.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Go To Church. by uboma(m): 6:54pm On Jan 19, 2018
Will being a Church goer guarantee a happy marriage? NO

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Go To Church. by connectikut89(m): 7:43pm On Jan 19, 2018
Daviddson:
It's a risky adventure to get married to someone who has wide different spiritual orientation from you. It'll invariably cause many misunderstandings.
The guy is most likely a closet atheist (just like Freeze) or an agnostic.

Lool. So Freeze is "most likely" a closet atheist? Are you his psychologist or something? Someone who has always proclaimed his belief in God is a closet atheist? I don't think a closet atheist would do that. I might say he is anti-pentecostal though because he criticizes most of their doctrines.
Re: Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Go To Church. by Daviddson(m): 7:52pm On Jan 19, 2018
connectikut89:

Lool. So Freeze is "most likely" a closet atheist? Are you his psychologist or something? Someone who has always proclaimed his belief in God is a closet atheist? I don't think a closet atheist would do that. I might say he is anti-pentecostal though because he criticizes most of their doctrines.
I know better, bro. Did you see the reply he gave - yesterday - to a lady who confronted him about premarital sex and how his cohabiting girlfriend exposes her breast?

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Go To Church. by Seun(m): 8:25pm On Jan 19, 2018
nancyv:
He believes in God but says he detests going to church cos he sees it as politics. my mum advised my sis not to marry him but she refused becos she loves him and time is not really on her side.
Your sister should marry the guy if she doesn’t mind allowing her future kids to stay home with daddy instead of going to church on Sundays. If she is willing to accept that her husband and kids could become full atheists who don’t believe that God exists and speak openly about it.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Go To Church. by Desyner: 9:44pm On Jan 19, 2018
Bad idea.
Re: Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Go To Church. by adepeter2027(m): 11:53pm On Jan 19, 2018
Mhissgaga:
cheesy cheesy I can't So what are we going to be doing at home on Sundays?
God over a man's looks,love or financial success
Kúkú marry your pastor or marry God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Go To Church. by seunmsg(m): 6:30am On Jan 20, 2018
nancyv:
This question is strictly for Christians only!!!

my elder sis has been dating a guy for three years now. The guy is really a good person but the problem is that around June last year,he told my sis he no longer goes to church.
He believes in God but says he detests going to church cos he sees it as politics.
my mum advised my sis not to marry him but she refused becos she loves him and time is not really on her side.
I have told her to follow her heart but I fear the thing might cause problem for them tomorrow if they are to marry.
please I need your advice.

I don't go to church as well but my wife hardly miss a Sunday service. It is all about understanding. I told my wife clearly before we got married that I am done with church but I won't stop her from going. The only thing is, she can only attend Sunday services, no mid week service or special program.

Again, I allow her to attend church with our children. When they are old enough, they will make their decision if they want to continue with church or not. So, I see no reason why they should not marry. They should just clear some things up before marriage. What's most important is that the guy is a good guy according to you.

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Traditional African Religion - Questions / Why Do You Hate Jesus Christ? / The Gospel Faith Mission International (gofamint) 2019 Annual Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.