Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,061 members, 7,807,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate (22549 Views)

Edo Forest Where Fulani Kidnappers Operate / 'One Chance' Robbers Busted By Police As One Jumps Into Lagoon With Loot. Photo / Man Causes Accident While Being Robbed By 'One Chance' Operators In Abuja.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by TopNaijaBlogger: 10:24pm On Jan 19, 2018
BEWARE! One-Chance Taxi robbery now rampant in Owerri...SEE HOW THEY OPERATE

The rate of inside-vehicle-thieves, popularly known as "One-Chance", has drastically increased in Owerri.
And it became so after the executive governor of Imo state; Rochas Okorocha, banned Tricycle commuters (Keke Napep) and introduced an array of in-town taxi and cabs; The Yellow and Black: Taximo and the Imo Black Cab.

The sudden and abrupt stop of the Keke Napep led to high demand of taxi services in Owerri as the number of people on the streets of Owerri greatly surpassed the number of approved taxis, this led to a new business opportunities for lots of car owners; who instantly dived into the business...commuting people without any form of authorization or licencing, Thus leading to the advent of the new crime; ONE CHANCE, which is now the menace of every evening in Owerri.

How they operate:

They operate in similar fashion to their colleagues in other parts of the nation, by leaving a sitting spot either in front of the car or behind (or both)...Once you enter the car, they employ several tricks which includes;

1) THE DOOR TECHNIQUE:
In this technique, you are allowed to sit next to the door (a malfunctioning door), the car moves immediately before you close the door, then as you try to close the door, the person next to you presses himself heavily against you, making it nearly impossible for you to properly jam the door shut, as you try and try, the person puts his hand out of the door and clamps his fingers on the roof of the car and immediately relieves the pressure he had put on you...and immediately you will succeed in jamming the door, then thats when the entire act explodes.
The guy will instantly start screaming that you have jammed the door against his hand and frantically compels you to open the door...screaming and crying into your ears, everyone in the car will join in on the commotion, thus rendering you unconscious whats happening in the car as all your focus will be on how to save the screaming guys fingers. THEY WILL ROB YOU OF ALL YOUR POSSESSIONS ...in that little seconds of heavy commotion. Then When you finally open the door, the driver will stop the car as the supposedly hurt guy will keep screaming...asking you to help pull his fingers as he cries. Then the driver will ask you to move to a sitting spot either in front or at back, depending on where you were seated. And once you step out to comply, they will immediately zoom off, leaving you outside and making away with whatever they must have stolen from you.

2) THE GET INSIDE TECHNIQUE:

In this technique, the only available sitting spot will be at the back and when you stop the taxi, the person near the door will come down for you to go inside, once you go inside, the person that stepped out will sit back and slam the door shut.
The driver will then enter every single pothole in the road with speed, juggling you and everyone in the car...forming that he is late for something and needs to be fast...the other passengers will start abusing him, hurling all forms of obscenities at him and he keeps doing what he is doing...with all the bumping, juggling and commotion, THEY WILL SMOOTHLY ROB YOU...and as if with signal, the driver will screech to a halting brake, turn around and face you, asking you why you are insulting him, he will sound so angry and pissed, the other passengers will immediately start shouting him saying that they also insulted him, trying to stand with you but the driver will be so hellbent on you and will ask you to leave his car, instantly the person next to the door will shout to the driver and say "if you go push am out like that then all of us go comot and we no go pay you"...he will instantly open the door and step out...cajoling everyone to join him, immediately the person in front will follow the move and step out and then you will want to step out too and if you haven't the people outside will talk you into coming out as everyone else by now would have been out of the car, the driver will start begging and they will immediately rush in, leaving you to enter last, as you make to enter, the car zooms off.,,THERE YOU ARE AGAIN, ROBBED ONCE MORE!

There are other methods in which they even employ the use of guns, charms and daggers but these ones above have been the most used now in Owerri.

So please before you enter that taxi, look well...avoid crowded suspicious vehicles, if possible seek out only the approved vehicles, avoid late night movements as that is their best operating time.
I was a victim few days back.
I had to carefully take out time to study their moves, gather testimonies and alert the general populace on this.
Please the state government should try and regulate the taxis and cabs...don't leave us to the mercy of this menace.

https://vibesngists..com/2018/01/beware-one-chance-taxi-robbery-now.html

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by LionDeLeo: 10:27pm On Jan 19, 2018
Owerri abi?

Okay,

8 Likes

Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by obaataaokpaewu: 10:40pm On Jan 19, 2018
Many unregistered cab in that town now.
The day i was going from Akwakuma Junction to Ama JK, i even saw a man plying Wethdral road with his Mercedes 230

7 Likes

Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by NIGHTMAREOO7: 10:41pm On Jan 19, 2018
undecided
Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by Luisema4luv(m): 10:53pm On Jan 19, 2018
Na d full nigeria naw, just b careful even wen going to bathroom
Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by TopNaijaBlogger: 8:45am On Jan 22, 2018
TopNaijaBlogger:
CC @ LalaSticlala...

The rate of inside-vehicle-thieves, popularly known as "One-Chance", has drastically increased in Owerri.
And it became so after the executive governor of Imo state; Rochas Okorocha, banned Tricycle commuters (Keke Napep) and introduced an array of in-town taxi and cabs; The Yellow and Black: Taximo and the Imo Black Cab.
The sudden and abrupt stop of the Keke Napep led to high demand of taxi services in Owerri as the number of people on the streets of Owerri greatly surpassed the number of approved taxis, this led to a new business opportunities for lots of car owners; who instantly dived into the business...commuting people without any form of authorization or licencing, Thus leading to the advent of the new crime; ONE CHANCE, which is now the menace of every evening in Owerri.

How they operate:
They operate in similar fashion to their colleagues in other parts of the nation, by leaving a sitting spot either in front of the car or behind (or both)...Once you enter the car, they employ several tricks which includes;

1) THE DOOR TECHNIQUE:
In this technique, you are allowed to sit next to the door (a malfunctioning door), the car moves immediately before you close the door, then as you try to close the door, the person next to you presses himself heavily against you, making it nearly impossible for you to properly jam the door shut, as you try and try, the person puts his hand out of the door and clamps his fingers on the roof of the car and immediately relieves the pressure he had put on you...and immediately you will succeed in jamming the door, then thats when the entire act explodes...continue reading here>> https://vibesngists..com/2018/01/beware-one-chance-taxi-robbery-now.html

CC:
Lalasticlala
Salamrushdie
Sarrki
Donbobes
Seun
Semid4lyfe
Ishilove
Mynd44
Marpol
Obinoscopy
Fynestboi
Be informed
Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by DonBobes(m): 8:52am On Jan 22, 2018
TopNaijaBlogger:

CC:
Lalasticlala
Salamrushdie
Sarrki
Donbobes
Seun
Semid4lyfe
Ishilove
Mynd44
Marpol
Obinoscopy
Fynestboi
Be informed
Nawao
Man must wakk. Anyway is a way
Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by MrGreenMavro: 11:55am On Jan 22, 2018
angry angry
Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by EmekaBlue(m): 11:55am On Jan 22, 2018
city of flexing big boys and beautiful ladies

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by BruncleZuma: 11:55am On Jan 22, 2018
Where is Little Sculptor Man?

[img]https://im-01./mz.gif[/img]

3 Likes

Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by Boys882: 11:56am On Jan 22, 2018
Since them ban Keke na
Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by SalamRushdie: 11:56am On Jan 22, 2018
APC and crime development na 5 and 6

2 Likes

Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by muthmayinnah: 11:56am On Jan 22, 2018
THAT ONE IS NORMAL IN SOUTH EAST
Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by kaycyor: 11:57am On Jan 22, 2018
Rochas is working... Vote Rochas for president 2200
Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by dust144(m): 11:58am On Jan 22, 2018
Let me call Rochas.
Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 12:02pm On Jan 22, 2018
Nonsense, State

1 Like

Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by beetown(m): 12:02pm On Jan 22, 2018
TopNaijaBlogger:

CC:
Lalasticlala
Salamrushdie
Sarrki
Donbobes
Seun
Semid4lyfe
Ishilove
Mynd44
Marpol
Obinoscopy
Fynestboi
Be informed

Town crier

4 Likes

Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by soberdrunk(m): 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2018
I remember one night i entered a taxi filled with all men, as soon as i closed the door i looked round and it occured to me that i will get robbed if i didnt act fast, first thing i did was i brought out my packet of cigarette from my pocket and put one stick in my mouth without lighting it and i pretended to be on the phone with my guy using all the cult slangs i know in this life, i noticed they all relaxed and knew i now had the upperhand so i decided to establish my authority by shouting at the driver with my deepest voice "You dey crase you nor go reduce that radio!!" ironically when we got to my destination the driver did not even collect money, he just said "carry your problem go"!

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by Shayneward1: 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2018
Commissioner for happiness should look into this.

3 Likes

Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by itsandi(m): 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2018
No 'one chance' people in Uyo mbok
Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by 222Martins(m): 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Many unregistered cab in that town now.
The day i was going from Akwakuma Junction to Ama JK, i even saw a man plying Wethdral road with his Mercedes 230
FACT!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially now that election year is around the corner. A female friend of mine was saved from entering one last week. She got to the wetheral bus stop by Aba road waiting to board a cab.

While standing, the touts at that bus stop were teasing her calling her fine girl. She just smiled at them and kept mute. A cab came along and she ran to board it and the occupants opened the door for her to enter, only for the touts to run after her shouting in Igbo language: " Fine girl no enter oh, it's one chance oh" and the cab zoomed off with their door still opened. If not for those touts, or if she had insulted them, they would have left her to her fate.

Still same last week, a man was chased down, caught and beaten to death at No 2 bus stop Naze / Aba road Owerri. He was alleged to be a member of the "One Chance crew." His accomplices escaped.

11 Likes

Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by oshe11: 12:05pm On Jan 22, 2018
I was expecting something new and outta the box

These methods are too lame bruh

2 Likes

Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by BlackDBagba: 12:05pm On Jan 22, 2018
grin
Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by Icecomrade: 12:07pm On Jan 22, 2018

I BLAME OKOROCHA for this menace.

People are going hungry and the mumu is building statutes.

2 Likes

Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by adekhingz(m): 12:07pm On Jan 22, 2018
You explained it so well as if you have once been a part of the assailants and not a victim ##Just kidding**. Anyway, thanks for sharing@O.P

12 Likes

Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by Damfostopper(m): 12:10pm On Jan 22, 2018
Yu don't mean it

3 Likes

Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by Crixina(f): 12:12pm On Jan 22, 2018
They are this skillful, yet it can't be put to good use, see the stress they go through, at the end of the day, they may get maybe 5k from one person and end up sharing 1k each among themselves, if they are up to five.
Re: One Chance Taxi Robbery Rampant In Owerri: How They Operate by mecussey(m): 12:13pm On Jan 22, 2018
thank God e never reach kidnaping level bc, thats where its heading to. Everyone should just go and buy motor no matter how small.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibrahim Auta Implicated In $1.3M Bribery Arrest - Sahara Reporters / Customs And Youths Clash In Ogun, Three Feared Dead / EFCC Arrests 44 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.