Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) (21233 Views)

Tunde Ednut Celebrates His 37th Birthday In 8 Countries. P'square Buy Cow / Don Jazzy Celebrates His 37th Birthday With New Mavin Headquarters (photos) / Timi Dakolo Celebrates His Wife, Busola Dakolo’s Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by lalasticlala(m): 8:02am On Jan 20, 2018
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6409647_ttb_jpegb0d22b1f62f3c14f874631a4727fcce7

Timi Dakolo (born; January 20, 1981) is a Nigerian singer. He emerged winner of the inaugural season of Idols West Africa in 2007. With his victory, he got a recording contract with Sony BMG, in addition to other prizes.

In 2006, Dakolo auditioned for reality show Idols West Africa in Calabar. His songs of choice were Commissioned's More Than I and Lemar's Time to Grow. His vocals impressed the judges, and he was seen as a contender for the prize. A week before the viewing of the Top 24 performances, Dakolo received the news that his grandmother had died.

Dakolo first auditioned in Calabar, Cross River State of Nigeria with Commissioned More Than I and Lemar's Time to Grow. While in the competition, Timi Dakolo was never in the bottom 3. In the final three weeks of the competition it was revealed by the producers of the show that Timi had the highest number of votes each of those weeks.

While in the competition, Timi's grandmother died, a week before the viewing of the Top 24 performances. This was a big emotional blow to him. At that time, he turned to his Christian faith for strength to pull through in the competition. Before going to Idols West Africa, Timi was a student of Communication Studies in the University of Port Harcourt.

After winning Idol West Africa in 2007, on January 1, 2008, on New Year's Day, Timi Dakolo was shot at the lobby of the Presidential Hotel in Port Harcourt. He had gone to the hotel to attend a church service in the company of his friends. The attack was a random act of violence by a faction of Niger Delta militants and did not target Timi. Although a hotel security guard was murdered in the attack, Timi escaped with a flesh wound, was rushed to the hospital, treated and discharged on the same day.

Timi Dakolo released his first single comprising three songs in October 2009.

In 2011, he released the song "There's a Cry". The music video was filmed in Nigeria. He is currently signed with Lone Records/Now Muzik.

Timi Dakolo is one of the Judges on The Voice Nigeria.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timi_Dakolo

He shared a new photo to celebrate his birthday
https://www.instagram.com/p/BeKUKcBFKAH/?hl=en

Timi Dakolo alongside other contestants of 2007 Idols

Timi Dakolo and Omawumi at Idols West Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7lvww7XVSk

3 Likes

Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 20, 2018
Congratulations
Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by RentedReality(m): 8:04am On Jan 20, 2018
Humble man with humble beginnings

Also a proud representative of his people, the Ijaws

I remember he always had headphones on wherever he went

Happy his passion paid off

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by HeWrites(m): 8:04am On Jan 20, 2018
OK na
Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by justi4jesu(f): 8:05am On Jan 20, 2018
grin grin

Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 20, 2018
To d man who maturely sings inspiring songs and not shake bombom, banana fall, whine ur yansh! Etc. Whose backup singers don't wear only pata on stage ...Respect!

To the man whose wife And chdren are decently presented to the world and not snapping nude baby bomb, or wife just entering the media with half nude pic just to show that iyawo lagbaja is a hottie..odindi iyawo ile ...Respect!

To the man who believes in decency and does not decorate his body with tattoo neither is his wife ever dressed like olosho on media. ...Respect!

To the man who knows the limit of information about his marriage he should share with fans. ...Respect!

Happy birthday sir. God bless your new age!

97 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by AyoSammyTunDe(m): 8:10am On Jan 20, 2018
What's timi dakolo? is it buhari pet rat?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 20, 2018
angry

∆ Happpy Biiiirthdaaay ∆
Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by jidxin(m): 8:14am On Jan 20, 2018
Momey is good oooo.... a Randy grl just looked at me nd said I would be very handsome wen I get rich....abeg who handsomeness epp

2 Likes

Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by Mythologytips12: 8:14am On Jan 20, 2018
So
Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by princechurchill(m): 8:15am On Jan 20, 2018
His teeth is too brownish for my liking

1 Like

Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by Mythologytips12: 8:15am On Jan 20, 2018
oluwasegun007:
h
jidxin:
V

They are here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by emperor94(m): 8:16am On Jan 20, 2018
One the making sense artistes in Nigeria, could listen to him all day. Happy birthday, Timi.

1 Like

Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by jidxin(m): 8:17am On Jan 20, 2018
Mythologytips12:

They are here

Who are d day
Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 20, 2018
Happy birthday Timi
Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by maberry(m): 8:17am On Jan 20, 2018
AyoSammyTunDe:
What's timi dakolo? is it buhari pet rat?
You are trying too hard to be funny
It doesn't suit you

12 Likes

Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by dayleke: 8:17am On Jan 20, 2018
Good for him
Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by lightheart(m): 8:18am On Jan 20, 2018
Happy birthday, Timi Dakolo!

Great vocals!
Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by oluwasegun007(m): 8:23am On Jan 20, 2018
Mythologytips12:

my from scene no good

They are here
Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by Eke40seven(m): 8:25am On Jan 20, 2018
He looks better before, just that cameras have become better... The fact that one becomes "fatter" doesn't mean you are better but for Naija big unhealthy belle means say your own don better.
However, in his case Shaa he has been able to maintain his weight so I give him a big pass

1 Like

Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by OduntanGabriel(m): 8:27am On Jan 20, 2018
Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by exlinkleads(f): 8:28am On Jan 20, 2018
and they say money is the root of all evil.... bible too dey lie jor

congrats bro
Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by cerowo(f): 8:30am On Jan 20, 2018
See how cute he's now, indeed money is good. HBD
Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by millionboi2: 8:30am On Jan 20, 2018
A boy and a man is all I see
Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by kaylight12(m): 8:32am On Jan 20, 2018
My number one musician in the country, though I wish you could play for Me cry\on my wedding day but can't pay your bills and I decided to play your songs.... Hbd llnp bro kiss

3 Likes

Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by thesicilian: 8:32am On Jan 20, 2018
The Nigerian Lionel Richie
Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by gnykelly(m): 8:35am On Jan 20, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:
To d man who maturely sings inspiring songs and not shake bombom, banana fall, whine ur yansh! Etc. Whose backup singers don't wear only pata on stage ...Respect!

To the man whose wife And chdren are decently presented to the world a d not snapping nude baby bomb, or wife just entering the media with half nude pic just to show that iyawo lagbaja is a hottie..odindi iyawo ile ...Respect!

To the man who believes in decency and does not decorate his body with tattoo neither is his wife ever dressed like olosho on media. ...Respect!

To the man who knows the limit of information about his marriage he should share with fans. ...Respect!

Happy birthday sir. God bless your new age!

today is my birthday also he is exactly 10yrs older than me.

write me my own lines

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) by johnnychuks(m): 8:36am On Jan 20, 2018
happy birthday to me and you and my lovely'daughter timi!!! I wish us many more years in advance, i thank God for giving us today.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bbnaija Bambam Looks Adorable In New Photo / Stephanie Kalu Uche With Her 2 Daughters (Photos) / Man Mocks Naira Marley: Those Hailing You Have Now Abandoned You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.