Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,127 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. (2943 Views)

Is Investment In Farmsby.com A Scam Or Ponzi. / Beware Of A Scammer On This Section I Got Scammed Of 20000 Naira / Is Kenfarm A Legit Or A Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 20, 2018
It is with great regret that I present this issue here. I got to know the details of Grownaira aka Ibrahim Bello on Nairaland where he advertised Groundnut and soya bean cake in large quantities with the post- https://www.nairaland.com/3365095/good-quality-soya-cake-grndnut. He goes by the name Takunko Ventures and is based in Kaduna.

I contacted him and ordered my first consignment of groundnut cake and soyabean cake and maize, 1 tonne each in September 2016. I paid for transporters and the goods arrived as scheduled. Even though the goods were not up to expectations due to lots of wastes and debris that was bagged, I did mention it to him and he apologised and promised to send better quality next time.
Every now and then he will send me price updates of all the products he has, claiming he has them in tonnes ready for dispatch.
Fast forward to Decemeber 2017, I decided to order another consignment from him, just like I did previously. I ordered 1 tonne each of groundnut cake, soyabean cake and maize. He assured me that he had lots of tonnes of these materials except for the maize which he has to buy for me from another dealer. The total cost of these products was N317,000.1 Tonne of corn- N88,000, 1 tonne of soyabean cake-N133,000, 1 tonne of groundnut cake-N96,000.
In my first order he asked me to pay him 50% of the total quantity then balance him 50% on receipt of the goods. On this occasion, he insisted that I pay him 70% of the total cost and then balance him the rest on receipt. I informed him that that was a bit too high for me but he insisted that I pay 70% upfront. I had no choice and made the payment of N263,100 to his account on 14/12/2017 to his account. He sent me an email instantly acknowledging receipt of the money and promised that the goods will be ready for dispatch in 3 days time. After 5 days I did not hear from him, I sent him another email, but he did not respond. After about a week, he sent me an email and informed me that all the 34 bags of the products were ready for dispatch but that the only reason why he has not sent it to me is because of the festivities and that it is really difficult to get a cheap transport. From then he stopped sending me emails. I sent him series of emails, but no reply. I waited again for almost 2 weeks, then he sent me an email stating that the had a problem with his gmail account and that was why he wasn’t responding to my email, that is took him time to get gmail to repair his account. He said he has been trying to get a truck to send my products as they were 34 bags in total. After that email he stopped sending emails yet again.
That was when I started suspecting that he was out to defraud me. On Jan 10 2018, I sent him an email asking for a refund of my money since his actions were being dishonest and that he was delaying work at the site by not sending the products I ordered from him since Dec 14 2017.
I also called him severally on his number which he attached to his advert, but he never picked. I sent series of text messages which he never responded to. After almost 5 days of continuous calling on the phone he picked up, I asked him what happened to the goods I paid for, he informed me that he used my money to buy good for his site and that he sold my goods and now he doesn’t have my money with him to refund me. I now asked him , so you never even had any intention to supply goods to me and yet asked me to send money to you, only for you to spend the money. I was very upset. I told him that what I wanted was a full refund, that I will forgive him for delaying the work on my site. He agreed to pay the full sum that I paid to him. I sent him the account details.
Ever since I sent the account details he has been telling me stories of him expecting someone that owes him to pay before he can pay me, and promised to pay last week unfailingly. But for the last 4 days he is not picking his calls , responding to his emails nor replying to me email.
The reason why I bring this issue here is that a lot of people rely on this forum as a source of contact for buying and selling. But there are some people like Grownaira aka Ibrahim Bello who posses as genuine sellers and defraud well meaning buyers of hundreds of thousands of naira. I do not understand why Grow naira will advertise sales of non existent goods only to take my hard earned money and disappear into the thin air. Please people should be careful when dealing with others, there are heartless scammers everywhere.

cc- Moderators
Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by TITOBIGZ(m): 3:23pm On Jan 20, 2018
shocked
Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by divineappo(m): 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2018
so sad
some people are so wicked.
people like him will not make buyers trust real genuine pple
Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by nams77: 6:52pm On Jan 20, 2018
I don't really understand how people can not be honest in business.being fraudulent will only get u chicken change and after that, ur reputation is damaged. I don't know him in person neither am I trying to blow his trumpet, but someone like gazzuzz in the auto section have gotten sizeable amount of businesses because of integrity. I pity these petty thieves.
Op, go to the bank he operates with, lodge a complaint, involve the police and they will flag his account. Whenever he steps into any branch to withdraw, he will be arrested and you will be notified.
Even when he tries to use the ATM, he will not be able and he will ultimately have to step into a branch to complain. I wish you good luck sir

8 Likes

Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 20, 2018
Thanks, I will cretainly do that. I have also discovered that he also operates as agonbello and provides up to 4 different phone numbers. He is nothing but a scammer. Even the address he has provided has been difficult to locate.
Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by Pavore9: 9:47am On Jan 24, 2018
Philpham:
Thanks, I will cretainly do that. I have also discovered that he also operates as agonbello and provides up to 4 different phone numbers. He is nothing but a scammer. Even the address he has provided has been difficult to locate.

What is the update regarding the refund?

If he did operate as Agonbello, that account was deactivated in 2017 and Agonbello is also the username Nobody while Nobody is also Adeneyagrofeeds and Adeniyimi.
Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 24, 2018
I have not heard from him. He is not picking up calls or replying emails or text messages.
Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by shariff84: 12:06pm On Jan 24, 2018
Philpham:
I have not heard from him. He is not picking up calls or replying emails or text messages.
If u dont hear from him 4 two weeks,contact me.we go used juju to kill the bastard within three days! with the use of only one chicken.iam a nupe man from niger state.therefore,i know what iam saying

1 Like

Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by adisabarber(m): 1:48pm On Jan 24, 2018
E don happen again
Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by jamp: 4:34pm On Jan 24, 2018
@mod we need to hear from grownaira before we can pass judgment on this case

my advice to farmers....watch very well before you commit your money

1 Like

Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by 2shure: 4:40pm On Jan 24, 2018
nawa o.
see as u bless person juz before xmas. he don drink beer tire.chop turkey wit chickem.men his xmas celeb for don sure
all u fools shouting police
u tink say na free
all biz in naija na scam.
u dull sha.see whr greed has landed u.
hajajahahaha.
maye many for naija o
Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by Pavore9: 5:43pm On Jan 24, 2018
jamp:
@mod we need to hear from grownaira before we can pass judgment on this case

my advice to farmers....watch very well before you commit your money

From Grownaira's profile he was last seen on this forum at 5:41pm On Jun 11, 2017! angry
Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by adisabarber(m): 6:38pm On Jan 24, 2018
And OP gave money to him in December 2017. Looks like the money is gone cry

Pavore9:

From Grownaira's profile he was last seen on this forum at 5:41pm On Jun 11, 2017! angry
Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by SehgateTeam(m): 11:21am On Jan 25, 2018
Well, sorry about your time and money been wasted. But i blame you for some reasons:

1. your first transaction with someone was full of error and yet you trust him again and send 70% upfront.
2. you are a business man, money exchange should be the last in any transaction of this nature. hold on to your money, tell him to bring it since he has it in stock and if not in stock, tell him to get it and bring it to your location and you pay him accordingly. his response will let you know how geniue is the person you are dealing with.
3. Kaduna is not another country and you dont need visa to go there. Next time, go in person for the first time to visit your supplier. it cost little compare to what you can lost.
4. watch out for lower price quote. as at the time he gave you 88k for 1 ton of maize, maize is selling for 112k/ton at mubi adamawa. So where did he get his own maize from?

My Advise based on experience, about 72% of people claiming they have stock pile of commodity on this forum don't have anything. imagine someone telling you he has stockpile of cocoa and looking for buyer. all cocoa traders already have their selling point even before harvest so why will i keep 30million worth of cocoa and be looking for imaginary buyer's online if not for scam.

in conclusion,

you have two option to get your money back

1. Go to Kpanti and report, they flag his account and related account with bvn then notify you after arrest

2. Wait after a month without calling and sending him message requesting the money. after 1 month, send me PM, i will help you track him anywhere. now is going to be hard. u already online and NL is free registration so he might be reading all this with another handle

www.sehgatehub.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 25, 2018
Current update is that he is waiting to cash out a post dated check which is due on 30/1/18 then he can make the full refund. That has been the sort of story he has been propagating for nearly 3 weeks now. I will still wait and see what happens.
Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by gozzlin: 5:43pm On Jan 25, 2018
2shure:
nawa o.
see as u bless person juz before xmas. he don drink beer tire.chop turkey wit chickem.men his xmas celeb for don sure
all u fools shouting police
u tink say na free
all biz in naija na scam.
u dull sha.see whr greed has landed u.
hajajahahaha.
maye many for naija o

All biz in Naija na scam? You are clearly a scammer justifying your actions with that statement. One day you'll run out of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by 2shure: 5:54pm On Jan 25, 2018
less jobs more crime.
i aint no scammer
out of 10 jobs/biz over online 7 are scam
gozzlin:

All biz in Naija na scam? You are clearly a scammer justifying your actions with that statement. One day you'd run out of luck.
Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 01, 2018
Philpham:
It is with great regret that I present this issue here. I got to know the details of Grownaira aka Ibrahim Bello on Nairaland where he advertised Groundnut and soya bean cake in large quantities with the post- https://www.nairaland.com/3365095/good-quality-soya-cake-grndnut. He goes by the name Takunko Ventures and is based in Kaduna.

I contacted him and ordered my first consignment of groundnut cake and soyabean cake and maize, 1 tonne each in September 2016. I paid for transporters and the goods arrived as scheduled. Even though the goods were not up to expectations due to lots of wastes and debris that was bagged, I did mention it to him and he apologised and promised to send better quality next time.
Every now and then he will send me price updates of all the products he has, claiming he has them in tonnes ready for dispatch.
Fast forward to Decemeber 2017, I decided to order another consignment from him, just like I did previously. I ordered 1 tonne each of groundnut cake, soyabean cake and maize. He assured me that he had lots of tonnes of these materials except for the maize which he has to buy for me from another dealer. The total cost of these products was N317,000.1 Tonne of corn- N88,000, 1 tonne of soyabean cake-N133,000, 1 tonne of groundnut cake-N96,000.
In my first order he asked me to pay him 50% of the total quantity then balance him 50% on receipt of the goods. On this occasion, he insisted that I pay him 70% of the total cost and then balance him the rest on receipt. I informed him that that was a bit too high for me but he insisted that I pay 70% upfront. I had no choice and made the payment of N263,100 to his account on 14/12/2017 to his account. He sent me an email instantly acknowledging receipt of the money and promised that the goods will be ready for dispatch in 3 days time. After 5 days I did not hear from him, I sent him another email, but he did not respond. After about a week, he sent me an email and informed me that all the 34 bags of the products were ready for dispatch but that the only reason why he has not sent it to me is because of the festivities and that it is really difficult to get a cheap transport. From then he stopped sending me emails. I sent him series of emails, but no reply. I waited again for almost 2 weeks, then he sent me an email stating that the had a problem with his gmail account and that was why he wasn’t responding to my email, that is took him time to get gmail to repair his account. He said he has been trying to get a truck to send my products as they were 34 bags in total. After that email he stopped sending emails yet again.
That was when I started suspecting that he was out to defraud me. On Jan 10 2018, I sent him an email asking for a refund of my money since his actions were being dishonest and that he was delaying work at the site by not sending the products I ordered from him since Dec 14 2017.
I also called him severally on his number which he attached to his advert, but he never picked. I sent series of text messages which he never responded to. After almost 5 days of continuous calling on the phone he picked up, I asked him what happened to the goods I paid for, he informed me that he used my money to buy good for his site and that he sold my goods and now he doesn’t have my money with him to refund me. I now asked him , so you never even had any intention to supply goods to me and yet asked me to send money to you, only for you to spend the money. I was very upset. I told him that what I wanted was a full refund, that I will forgive him for delaying the work on my site. He agreed to pay the full sum that I paid to him. I sent him the account details.
Ever since I sent the account details he has been telling me stories of him expecting someone that owes him to pay before he can pay me, and promised to pay last week unfailingly. But for the last 4 days he is not picking his calls , responding to his emails nor replying to me email.
The reason why I bring this issue here is that a lot of people rely on this forum as a source of contact for buying and selling. But there are some people like Grownaira aka Ibrahim Bello who posses as genuine sellers and defraud well meaning buyers of hundreds of thousands of naira. I do not understand why Grow naira will advertise sales of non existent goods only to take my hard earned money and disappear into the thin air. Please people should be careful when dealing with others, there are heartless scammers everywhere.

cc- Moderators

Ur not a serious businessman
Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by Jethrolite(m): 12:27pm On Feb 02, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Ur not a serious businessman
Sometimes people learn the hard way. Last year I lost N7.5m to a similar scam but the case is almost going to court and the thief is running around to pay my money to prevent prison.

I made my money online, I've run businesses worth millions of naira here without ever meeting the other parties in person. When this happens, you tend to believe everyone here is like that and get relaxed but I've learnt my lessons and I believe this OP will too.

1 Like

Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by Yhemit(m): 8:58am On Feb 04, 2018
am always surprised why people do such thing. My carpenter is owning the some amount for my rabbits cage business here. just watching the man in 3D.
Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by Aden777(m): 9:48am On Feb 05, 2018
Contact me on adenadedokun@gmail.com lemme see how I can help u out on this...
Philpham:

cc- Moderators
Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by Aden777(m): 9:51am On Feb 05, 2018
Kubetin - Nupe Bida or Agaei?
shariff84:
If u dont hear from him 4 two weeks,contact me.we go used juju to kill the bastard within three days! with the use of only one chicken.iam a nupe man from niger state.therefore,i know what iam saying
Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 15, 2018
Up till now Grownaira has failed to complete the payment of the money he has been owing me for nearly 2 months now. His phone number is now permanently disabled. He does not reply to his emails. I have no choice than to involve the authorities in case as I have given him enough time. He is nothing but a certified fraudster.
Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 10, 2018
Just a bit of update. I have sent someone to go and check out the addresses Ibrahim Bello gave me which include-
1)Block 1 Balarabe Musa Plaza. TCC Commerce center . Abakpa, Kaduna.
2) 3 Old Garage by Nnamdi Azikiwe Express Way , Kurmin Maashi, Kaduna.
In the first address, nothing like his business exists there and no body knows him by that name either, even people that have been trading at the plaza for years do not know about him. In the second address his business does not exist let alone his factory as he claimed.
I have spent over N25,000 tracking this man down to no avail. His number is never available.
He still owes me N138,100 till date and has disappeared into the thing air.
Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by AreaFada2: 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2018
Philpham:
Just a bit of update. I have sent someone to go and check out the addresses Ibrahim Bello gave me which include-
1)Block 1 Balarabe Musa Plaza. TCC Commerce center . Abakpa, Kaduna.
2) 3 Old Garage by Nnamdi Azikiwe Express Way , Kurmin Maashi, Kaduna.
In the first address, nothing like his business exists there and no body knows him by that name either, even people that have been trading at the plaza for years do not know about him. In the second address his business does not exist let alone his factory as he claimed.
I have spent over N25,000 tracking this man down to no avail. His number is never available.
He still owes me N138,100 till date and has disappeared into the thing air.

So any update on this?

I just mentioned earlier that we have all manner of weird characters on this thread. I hope you at least recorded his voice.

1 Like

Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 09, 2018
Yet another reason to never pay for stuff on naira land. I wanted to buy a laptop from one guy on this forum, he said I have to send him the whole money which is almost 170k b4 he will ship the laptop for me, I disagreed , i said he should send it first & I will pay him promptly, he refused, so the deal is off
Re: Beware! Grownaira Is A Scam. by kunleweb: 7:04pm On Oct 09, 2018
sorry op

(1) (Reply)

Supply Of Melon(egusi) And Sesame Seed / I Need Reliable Suppliers Of Palm Kernel Oil (PKO) / Araucaria Pine Plant Selling Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.