Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. (10101 Views)

People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes / The Erroneous Expectation Have Caused Many To Backslide / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by Investorbj: 1:41pm On Jan 21, 2018
bullshit.. the bible confirms that you are a fool.

lankieman:
angry
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by SensaGreene: 1:47pm On Jan 21, 2018
XaintJoel20:

Try to discover God for yourself. You would forever be grateful...

There is nothing as important as discovery God..

Discovering God is totally different from religion. Discovering God is a spiritual thing

1 Like

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by lankieman: 2:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
Investorbj:
bullshit.. the bible confirms that you are a fool.

Mental slave.

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by walls01: 2:02pm On Jan 21, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Because many think they need god or they won't carry on

good answer, their must be reason they need God. From common scientific point their musr be a very good reason for mans rational behavoir towards life different from animals. Maybe really their is God u cant rule that out
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by Distinguishy(m): 2:24pm On Jan 21, 2018
KushyKush:
I felt Christianity was a total waste of time when prayer couldn't save my dad from death. undecided

If only God open ur eyes to see ur dads glory in heaven, u would know he too was begging God not to come back. Don't mistake earth for been d best. None of us will remain here forever. Just thank God in all things but I feel ur pain though. But please don't loose faith in God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by Investorbj: 2:30pm On Jan 21, 2018
lankieman:

Mental slave.

Psalm 14 v 1 : The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good

1 Like

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by eazzzy1(m): 2:47pm On Jan 21, 2018
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by Uhomanbulus110(f): 2:47pm On Jan 21, 2018
All we need is the grace of God to carry us on

1 Like

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by lankieman: 4:01pm On Jan 21, 2018
Investorbj:

Psalm 14 v 1 : The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good
Quoting the from the instrument that was used to enslave your forefathers
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by chritalitehack: 4:17pm On Jan 21, 2018
CHRISTALITE HACKERS
Contact a reliable and trusted hacker for your SCHOOL GRADE CHANGE, CLEAR CRIMINAL RECORDS and other hacking services which

include:
Accounting Services
Key-logger
Cookie theft
Click Jacking Attacks
WiFi Hacking
Bait and switch
Phishing
Facebook account hack
Yahoo account Hack
G mail account hack
Fake WAP
Eavesdropping (Passive Attacks)
Waterhole attacks
Denial of Service (Dos\D Dos)
Master Cards/visa cards
Bank account
WU transfer
Money Gram
Credit Transfer

Email us @ christalitehackers00@gmail.com
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by eagleonearth(m): 5:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
wheelchairboy:
Not everybody who backslides is a sinner! Some just stop going to church because when the pastor sleeps with church members, folks over there will tell you to leave him, God will judge him. Let the usher or choir member or just an ordinary member try it, they are going to hell! Hell starts from the church. Some of us just got tired. It is not sin, I was youth President for two years before I handed over. It was not as a result of sin.
then change church. A pastor misbehaving can't be your reason of quitting the gathering of believers. You're safer in that gathering than out.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by eagleonearth(m): 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
geezyk:
I've come to notice that it's the ones that are overly active in church that tends to "backslide" reason being that they now know the truth.

Be Enlightened..
liar. Though Satan attacks the active belivers causing problem for him, they don't backslide (for those that do) because they still don't believe in Christ but because of lukewarmness. Otherwise, they never had the Spirit of Truth.
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 21, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:
Any one that preaches how very difficult /impossible it is to serve God is of the devil. Anyone that thinks being a born again is an impossible task because it is not possible to live without sin, is thinking wrong.

We are saved because of God's love, not because we deserve it. As a born again, we became righteous not by our personal effort but by His grace we received it as a gift.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

But we must live right to be preserved in Christ. We must follow the cammands of Christ and we have a helper who empowers us to obey His commands, which is in the person of the Holy Spirit.

2 Peter 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Note : Despite all these, we still fail occasionally. We still fall into sin occasionally. When this happens, we must have to reconnect with the Holy Spirit by asking God for His forgiveness.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

At the time when we fail, there's a voice that comes to speak to us, telling us how God will not pardon us, how it is difficult to live to please God. We must not listen to this voice. God already knows our weaknesses, all we need to do is to desire to overcome these sins and pray to overcome, then He will surely, definitely help us overcome, as long as we really desire to live right.

Anyone that has the Holy Spirit in Him, should hate sin and love righteousness. We must live right, desire and strive to live righteously, only then will He lead us in paths of righteousness. This sometimes is a gradual step. Alot of people backslide and never come back because they listen and believe that voice. It tells them that they can never make it right with God.

" We must assure those who have wandered away that God's love will continue to cover their sins, for many yearn to come home but are afraid they will only fail again. We must assure them that God is never disappointed, nor is He surprised by human failure for it is inevitable...And in the meantime, despite false start and failures, God is at work conforming some small part of us to His likeness, making us His portrait, His production, His work of fine art." - David Roper.

Let me conclude with the poem below by John Donne.

Wilt Thou forgive that sin where begun,
Which was my sin, though it were done before?
Wilt Thou forgive that sin through which I run,
And do run still, though still I do deplore?
When Thou hast done, Thou hast not done,
For I have more.

Wilt Thou forgive that sin which I have won
Others to sin? and made my sin their door?
Wilt Thou forgive that sin which I did shun
A year or two, but wallowed in a score?
When Thou hast done, Thou hast not done,
For I have more.

I have a sin of fear, that when I have spun
My last thread, I shall perish on the shore ;
But swear by Thyself, that at my death Thy Son
Shall shine as He shines now and heretofore;
And, having done that, Thou hast done —I fear no more.

Thanks and God bless you all.
being born again is not by human effort and being preserved is not by human effort.
One thing about fallen man is that he exults and take pride in human effort, they always look for every opportunity to sneak in human effort.

A Christian can never backslide without going back to God only a man who does not know God.

Salvation from beginning to end is God effort and you can only receive it by faith in Jesus freely or reject or mock at it.
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:06pm On Jan 21, 2018
They went out from us because they were not of us. If they were of us, they would've remained.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by nosagold(m): 7:24pm On Jan 21, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
They went out from us because they were not of us. If they were of us, they would've remained.

God bless you sir, that is in the book of John I think.
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by JesusSonOfGod: 7:32pm On Jan 21, 2018
Daviddson:
Mr man, what you're doing by taking this kind of moniker is tantamount to blasphemy. You're not Jesus the Son of God. I humbly advise you to take another moniker. Jesus is an ordinary name that anyone can bear, but when it's combined with "theSonofGod", you're saying something else.
That aside, the writeup is splendid. God bless you. Please deactivate this account and get another name. I guess you were the one also operating the ChristJesus moniker. It's wrong.

No brother, the moniker means I am confessing Jesus as the Son of God, not claiming to be Him. The other moniker you mentioned does not belong to me.
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
nosagold:

God bless you sir, that is in the book of John I think.
Yes sir, it is.
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by Daviddson(m): 7:43pm On Jan 21, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

No brother, the moniker means I am confessing Jesus as the Son of God, not claiming to be Him. The other moniker you mentioned does not belong to me.
Actually, that is not what it mean. If it had been JesusIsSonofGod, I'd have agreed. You're actually claiming to be Him, unknown to you.
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by JesusSonOfGod: 7:44pm On Jan 21, 2018
solite3:
being born again is not by human effort and being preserved is not by human effort.
One thing about fallen man is that he exults and take pride in human effort, they always look for every opportunity to sneak in human effort.

A Christian can never backslide without going back to God only a man who does not know God.

Salvation from beginning to end is God effort and you can only receive it by faith in Jesus freely or reject or mock at it.

I agree with you, but some Christians do back slide because they really didn't understand what Jesus actually did for them. This is why I stated that one can only overcome with the help of the Holy Spirit.
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by JesusSonOfGod: 8:07pm On Jan 21, 2018
Daviddson:
Actually, that is not what it mean. If it had been JesusIsSonofGod, I'd have agreed. You're actually claiming to be Him, unknown to you.

It's a thing of the heart my dear. All you needed to do is to ask, which you did and I have explained, why then do you accuse me of claiming to be same God who is my Lord and personal savior. I have told you what my intention is. I am replying you because I believe I owe you explanation and I have done just that. So please, don't take up the like of the 'accuser of the brethren'

Besides, I tried opening with JesusIsSonOfGod, but it was rejected because it was too long. Christ knows the heart of all men. God bless you
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by Daviddson(m): 8:29pm On Jan 21, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

It's a thing of the heart my dear. All you needed to do is to ask, which you did and I have explained, why then do you accuse me of claiming to be same God who is my Lord and personal savior. I have told you what my intention is. I am replying you because I believe I owe you explanation and I have done just that. So please, don't take up the like of the 'accuser of the brethren'

Besides, I tried opening with JesusIsSonOfGod, but it was rejected because it was too long. Christ knows the heart of all men. God bless you
It's alright. I understand you better now.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by geezyk(m): 10:35pm On Jan 21, 2018
eagleonearth:
liar. Though Satan attacks the active belivers causing problem for him, they don't backslide (for those that do) because they still don't believe in Christ but because of lukewarmness. Otherwise, they never had the Spirit of Truth.
It's just my personal observation though and it ain't a lie, There's no Satan causing a problem anywhere, y'all attribute our problems to Satan and our successes to God..

Think wisely..
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by eagleonearth(m): 10:10am On Jan 22, 2018
geezyk:
It's just my personal observation though and it ain't a lie, There's no Satan causing a problem anywhere, y'all attribute our problems to Satan and our successes to God..

Think wisely..
there's no Satan? Rotflmao. Have you seen the part where he even tempted Jesus the Christ? You remember Job? Loool

1 Like

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by OtemAtum: 8:25pm On Jan 22, 2018
Daviddson:
Mr man, what you're doing by taking this kind of moniker is tantamount to blasphemy. You're not Jesus the Son of God. I humbly advise you to take another moniker. Jesus is an ordinary name that anyone can bear, but when it's combined with "theSonofGod", you're saying something else.
That aside, the writeup is splendid. God bless you. Please deactivate this account and get another name. I guess you were the one also operating the ChristJesus moniker. It's wrong.
So in essence, you are saying that the OP is not the son of God or God has only one son. Hmm.
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by OtemAtum: 8:27pm On Jan 22, 2018
eagleonearth:
there's no Satan? Rotflmao. Have you seen the part where he even tempted Jesus the Christ? You remember Job? Loool
Yahweh is named Satan because of his enmity with humanity many years back.
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by geezyk(m): 9:10pm On Jan 22, 2018
eagleonearth:
And that's your own opinion, to each man his Own Cup.
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by eagleonearth(m): 4:29am On Jan 23, 2018
OtemAtum:
Yahweh is named Satan because of his enmity with humanity many years back.
if you don't have any intelligent thing to say, don't mention me please.
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by eagleonearth(m): 4:31am On Jan 23, 2018
geezyk:
And that's your own opinion, to each man his Own Cup.
you're now acting the ostrich. Standing in the middle of a highway and claiming that no car can hit you might prove to be a fatal mistake and foolery you know? I have never dodged reality all my life.
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by OtemAtum: 6:38am On Jan 23, 2018
eagleonearth:
if you don't have any intelligent thing to say, don't mention me please.
You think I am joking? is there no reference to back it up?
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by JesusSonOfGod: 11:56am On Jun 19, 2018
Good day people
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by donnie(m): 11:57am On Jun 19, 2018
Because rather than pray for the saints, some Christians are busy criticizing other Christians.
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2018
tstx:
That is why Africa is the most religious continent in the universe.... W
Yeah

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Experience The First Time You Preached The Gospel / Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? / 20 Richest Pastors In The World Updated (with Seven Nigerians)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.