Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,858 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:57 AM

Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. (2234 Views)

How To Discourage Cattle From Grazing On Cassava Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by gnykelly(m): 6:33pm On Jan 20, 2018
got this two acres of land. for it. estimates given to me for clearing and planting is around #60,000.

what's your expert opinion on this and what are the possibility of returns

1 Like

Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by yomie040(m): 8:33pm On Jan 20, 2018
what's your location?
Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by Abojupupa: 8:36pm On Jan 20, 2018
1.What are the best varieties to plant?
2. Farmers near my farm plant oko iyawo and Cotonou varieties. Are these the same as TNR 419 variety?
Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by gnykelly(m): 3:52am On Jan 21, 2018
yomie040:
what's your location?
ogun state.
Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by jethro2: 5:42am On Jan 22, 2018
gnykelly:
got this two acres of land. for it. estimates given to me for clearing and planting is around #60,000.

Don't dare go to farm without taking time to understudy a cassava farmer for minimum of a year.

Yes.

Minimum of a year

Anything less will be throwing your money down the drain.

Forget the internet advice, suggestion and guidelines.
Reality is quite different
Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by yomie040(m): 8:45pm On Jan 22, 2018
gnykelly:

ogun state.
from experience, that amount is inadequate to do cassava on two acres of farmland. land preparation alone can take half of that money depending on how bushy the place is. my advice, get someone to look at your farm site and advice you appropriately.
Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by gnykelly(m): 8:54pm On Jan 22, 2018
yomie040:

from experience, that amount is inadequate to do cassava on two acres of farmland. land preparation alone can take half of that money depending on how bushy the place is. my advice, get someone to look at your farm site and advice you appropriately.
thank you sir.
Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by gnykelly(m): 9:14pm On Jan 22, 2018
yomie040:

how lucrative is it. will I be able to get buyer for it. thanks sir.
Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by yomie040(m): 10:34pm On Jan 22, 2018
gnykelly:

how lucrative is it. will I be able to get buyer for it. thanks sir.
market for cassava in ogun state is inexhaustible. many companies from your state goes as far as oke-ogun in Oyo State to buy cassava for their factory needs not to talk of garri making by local women.
my advice is that do a background check of potential markets within your vicinity to know when it will appreciate in value, that will inform you when to plant and what variety to plant.
Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by gnykelly(m): 10:37pm On Jan 22, 2018
yomie040:

market for cassava in ogun state is inexhaustible. many companies from your state goes as far as oke-ogun in Oyo State to buy cassava for their factory needs not to talk of garri making by local women.
my advice is that do a background check of potential markets within your vicinity to know when it will appreciate in value, that will inform you when to plant and what variety to plant.

thanks once again.
Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by jethro2: 6:47am On Jan 23, 2018
gnykelly:

thanks once again.

I see you thanks everybody but choose to ignore what I wrote.

My word will keep ringing in your end by the time you get the result.

Starting an acre of cassava farm from clearing will cost you not less than N400,000 in Ogun State.
Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by gnykelly(m): 8:24am On Jan 23, 2018
jethro2:

Starting an acre of cassava farm from clearing will cost you not less than N400,000 in Ogun State.

I will heed your advice

1 Like

Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by prudentkolly(m): 10:33pm On Jan 31, 2018
Plant maize in conjunction with cassava
The maize if well manage and fertilized can cater for 90- 100% of your total cost of production then the cassava will now b ur profit. That is what I did in osun

3 Likes

Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by shasere(f): 9:12am On Feb 01, 2018
If you are intrested in cassava farming or investing call 07032276728
Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by gnykelly(m): 1:00am On Feb 03, 2018
shasere:
If you are intrested in cassava farming or investing call 07032276728

can I whasapp you.
Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by shasere(f): 11:18am On Feb 07, 2018
Yes you can wasp me
Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by bassey25(m): 7:14pm On Feb 07, 2018
jethro2:

that's totally impossible. how will you plant an acre of land with cassava with 400k. please go and do your research well again. haba mallam! haba

1 Like

Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by jethro2: 2:59am On Feb 09, 2018
bassey25:

that's totally impossible. how will you plant an acre of land with cassava with 400k. please go and do your research well again. haba mallam! haba

Have you planted one before?

I am guessing No.

I learnt not to argue with internet mouth farmers.

It save me so much data and time

Let's discuss better when you start farming

Cheers
Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by tintedniggz(m): 4:05am On Feb 09, 2018
bassey25:

Maybe he included outright purchase of the land
Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by bassey25(m): 10:42am On Feb 09, 2018
jethro2:

Have you planted one before?

I am guessing No.

I learnt not to argue with internet mouth farmers.

It save me so much data and time

Let's discuss better when you start farming

Cheers

I laugh out loud! I an a farmer if you want to know. I have been into this profession since 2014 till now if you want to know. I can boldly tell you that to cultivate an acre of cassava land you need between 100 to 150 k at most. so please stop broadcasting things you are not sure of. If you need any advice on that ! thanks
Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by jethro2: 2:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
bassey25:

I laugh out loud! I an a farmer if you want to know. I have been into this profession since 2014 till now if you want to know. I can boldly tell you that to cultivate an acre of cassava land you need between 100 to 150 k at most. so please stop broadcasting things you are not sure of. If you need any advice on that ! thanks

Congratulations
Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by bassey25(m): 7:24pm On Feb 09, 2018
jethro2:

Congratulations
THANK YOU! GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by Slimzitee(m): 8:51pm On Feb 10, 2018
gnykelly:

let's talk am also into it from Ogun State
Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by Ken4agent(m): 10:15am On Feb 11, 2018
gnykelly:

Thanks in anticipation of your interest in our Book on TME419 cassava cultivation in the Tropic….......Information there in was carefully gathered by a Doctor of Plant Nutrition and kenfarm. Resource centers are IITA, NIHOT, IR&T all research institute as well as cassava traders.

The book is meant to be cassava farmers manual. It will educate you on how to cultivate cassava, how to manage your cassava farm, how to process into garri including cost of processing,

it highlight the best variety and their yield as well as how to make money from your cassava plantation.

The book Quoted resent prices of all the labour charges from harvesting to peeling, grinding and frying. It elaborate the number of bags that can be harvested in One hectare, number of bags it will reduce into after peeling, after grinding and after frying cum cost analysis.

The Book also elaborated the ton of cassava tuber you will get in one hectare, how much you will sell it and how much profit to expect.

The Book Quote recent price for all labour charges from harvesting, peeling, grinding, fermenting, sifting and frying. The Book explain how many pickup full of cassava tuber can be obtained from one hectare and how much it can be sold.

The Book explain the expected profit if you selling out the tubers at farm gate and if you processing into garri in 50kg bags.

The Book detailed all the agronomic best practice for cultivating TME419 stem, weeding, fertilization, planting and harvesting.

Contact us via the contact detail below and request for the Book Table of content for your perusal. You will agree with us it comprehensive base on the Table of content. If you need a copy contact us and we send you modalities for securing a copy

This Book is meant for intending cassava farmers and existing cassava farmers who intend to improve yield and maximize profit. If you already have a cassava farm, ensure you secure a copy.

The Book will enlighten you on what steps to take to make cash out of your plantation. All the prices quoted are not static but only meant for you to have idea needed to make concise decision.

Ignorance is never a reason for failure. Equip yourself with adequate info before kicking off.

We invested lot of time and resources in gathering the information in the Book. The need to produce the book arose out of our client FAQs. So if you are our esteem customer expect to purchase the Book at a much reasonable price. The Book is available both in hard copy and soft copy.
Book is sent after payment confirmation.
If you are in Ibadan, you can meet us at UI to collect your Hard copy
WhatsApp chat line: 08038623884

Re: Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. by readtech(m): 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
Contact us for reliable geophysical survey and borehole drilling for your farming

(1) (Reply)

Efo Shoko / Pig Pen House Construction Professional / Please What Type Of Bird Is This?(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.