Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? (18282 Views)

The Vatican Removed 14 Books From The Bible In 1684 With No Real Explanation / 66 Books Of The Bible In Audio Format - Youtube / Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Chukazu: 3:16pm On Jan 21, 2018
sinaj:
grin grin grin

Av never disposed my bible b4.

I pass dem down to my sibling.

You yaf turn the Bible to an "object of inheritance" grin ?

I give up!

1 Like

Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Missonas(f): 4:09pm On Jan 21, 2018
Bury
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by manutdadex(m): 4:17pm On Jan 21, 2018
Timothyoj:

You called the Bible just a book....? Do you mean the likes of your English Text Book in school? Bro the bible is the true words of God. Pls OP seek the right answer from your pastor. I disagree with burning it cos the contents are fire already...!
lol..bible and intensive English are printed on papers so they are d same.. What differentiates is the content.. So ur pastor go tell u make u do burial for am?
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by manutdadex(m): 4:19pm On Jan 21, 2018
orisa37:

Koboko.
for where? The word is light and lamp on to our path not the book itself.. Like say u no dey uninstall bible app.
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by ezef2k4(m): 4:19pm On Jan 21, 2018
Just give it out to someone you know doesn't have a bible. The guy that advice you take it to the church and leave it there is right because you are indirectly making it available for someone else to use. Just make sure you erase your name and address.
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Dnockeror333(m): 4:31pm On Jan 21, 2018
Even if it is 50years old, hold it. Even if it will leave dip within your books, keep it! You know why? Th informaions written in if at tge sides of one or more copy, are vital for those who will in the future stray into it. KEEP IT!
I have it in me: not until am fallen before a jot of my Bible will fall. If I am no more using it, yes, it can still stay on dustless place.

TAKE MY ALL but LEAVE ME MY BIBLE...!

Why does go burn or throw away your conscience?

The Bible through which you were saved?
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Dnockeror333(m): 4:32pm On Jan 21, 2018
I can get you a new one but I cannot give out my new one at any cost to my life- because of the unpassing informations left in it by my biro/pencil...!
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Dnockeror333(m): 4:34pm On Jan 21, 2018
I can get you a new one but I cannot give out my old one at any cost to my life not until `I am falling!'- because of the unpassing informations left in it by my biro/pencil...!
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Gideonmi(m): 5:06pm On Jan 21, 2018
I don catch person wey dey dump old Bible for my church chair shocked shocked grin
sinaj:
Take it to the church nd leave it there grin

Thank me later wink
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by luluman: 5:07pm On Jan 21, 2018
manutdadex:
Throw it away.. Or burn it.. Its just a book.. D contents is d koko...
By their comments we know them.
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by sinaj(f): 5:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
Gideonmi:
I don catch person wey dey dump old Bible for my church chair shocked shocked grin
I dey dump am for ur chair make u use coz I knw say u no dey carry bible go church tongue
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Gideonmi(m): 5:14pm On Jan 21, 2018
grin grin. I get on top my pad tongue tongue
sinaj:
I dey dumb am for ur chair make u use coz I knw say u no dey carry bible go church tongue
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by sinaj(f): 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
Gideonmi:
grin grin. I get on top my pad tongue tongue
if d ba3 runs low nko
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Willexmania(m): 5:46pm On Jan 21, 2018
[i][/i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] undecided So If You Leave It In A Drawer In Your House Even For 50 Years,what Will Happen.Will Arsenal Win Epl? Ehn?
Abi All Your Childhood Love Letters,are They Not In Your Room For "rememberance" Purposes. Don't Even Think Of Burning Bible Or Throwing It Away. Ever !
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Gideonmi(m): 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
lipsrsealed grin
sinaj:
if d ba3 runs low nko
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by sinaj(f): 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2018

1 Like

Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by DanielGb(m): 6:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
sinaj:
Thank me later wink
This is a brilliant-naughty idea. Sinaj if I catch you.
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by sonofthunder: 7:08pm On Jan 21, 2018
MsNgo40:
Very interesting question...and I've wondered about that too.
I had a Bible for over 10 years (which was given as a gift)....and wasn't made out of the most quality material like "cowhide"...but it lasted.
It started tearing up to the point that scriptures were missing.
I was gifted with a new Bible....as someone I guess felt pity for me...lol.
But I just can't bring myself to discard a Bible...no matter how dilapidated it gets...
I think back to the times when Christians weren't even allowed to read the Bible talk less actually own one.
I won't be throwing mine away.
Perhaps it can be given to someone or fixed (as best as possible)..but to toss it....umm don't know about that.
depending on level of damage, you can visit a small printing press close to you and see if they can do something about it... this goes out to other folks also with worn bibles.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by manutdadex(m): 7:24pm On Jan 21, 2018
luluman:
By their comments we know them.
lol. Know who? Dont just drop one sentence.. Say wats on ur mind
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by sayo147(f): 7:59pm On Jan 21, 2018
So what if you trash it? Growing up in a relatively large family , I took it upon myself to burn every worn out and irrelevant book in the house as everyone else avoided such responsibility. Get a new and durable bible and burn the old worn out one with joy!!! Of what benefit is the worn out bible to you if you decide to keep it! We miss out in things of the spirit while focusing on the irrelevant physical. You will never read that old torn bible, not when you have another one so why keep it . We just use Christianity to cover up for a lot of our bullsh*t. Not cool

Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Harrynight(m): 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2018
sinaj:

Thank me later wink

grin
i luv ur brain

1 Like

Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by allaboutobed(m): 8:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
Burn am.
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by expensive007(m): 10:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
sinaj:

Thank me later wink

Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2018
sonofthunder:

depending on level of damage, you can visit a small printing press close to you and see if they can do something about it... this goes out to other folks also with worn bibles.

Good suggestion....it's worth a try.
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Realtors: 10:53pm On Jan 21, 2018
I will be so delighted to received your old bibles. Am a missionary working among the poorest of the poor in different locality and nations. God will abundantly bless you. I beg you in Jesus name, don't burnt, throwaway or discard your bible indiscriminately. Millions are crying daily to have a bible. God richly bless you for that question. call me for old bible collection. 08022132445

1 Like

Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by ibedun: 11:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
Timothyoj:

God will forgive both of you

Sense and reality will forgive you!
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by orisa37: 5:21am On Jan 22, 2018
manutdadex:
for where? The word is light and lamp on to our path not the book itself.. Like say u no dey uninstall bible app.

I say bury my won out Bibles with me!
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:02am On Jan 22, 2018
aboyaji:
I don't know if I'm OK or it's my conscience. I'd like to know how to dispose of worn out Bible without feeling guilty. There are some old, torn, warped, rough Bibles in my house. I would not want to burn them as I burnt ordinary sheets of papers. I'm not confident carrying out such act, because, I see things differently.

Nairalanders, what do you have to say?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own / Lady With Blocked Fallopian Tube Shares Testimony, Now Has 3 Kids / Wearing Rings On The Toes To Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.