Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India (1385 Views)

TECNO Camon 12 Pro Unboxing And Quick Review (photos) / Photo Of World First Bezel-less Phone With 4 Cameras Coming At A Cheap Prize / Do You Use Bezel-less Smart Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by Ejadike(m): 12:11am On Jan 21, 2018
TECNO Camon i with 18:9 ‘FullView’ display launched, priced at Rs 8990
SPONSORED : TECNO Camon CM unboxing

Tecno has launched the Camon i, its latest smartphone with the 18:9 aspect ratio NEXT

Tecno Camon i aims to take on the likes of Micromax Canvas Infinity and Honor 9 Lite.

Tecno has launched the Camon i, its latest smartphone with the 18:9 aspect ratio display. Priced at Rs 8,990(50k) Camon i will be made available across 30,000 retail outlets in the first week of February. Tecno is offering 100 days replacement warranty, 1-time screen replacement and 1-month extended warranty over and above the 12 months’ warranty period. Tecno Camon i will be available in Champagne Gold, Midnight Black, and City Blue colour options.
The dual-SIM smartphone sports a 5.65-inch HD+ (720 x 1440) and aspect ratio of 18:9. It is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor coupled with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage. A microSD card slot is also available for memory expansion ( up to 128GB). The device is backed by a 3050mAh battery and runs on HiOS 3.2, which is based on Android 7.1 Nougat. The smartphone also features a 13MP camera on the back and front. The primary camera is backed by quad-LED flash, f/2.0 aperture and a 5P lens. The Camon i also features a fingerprint scanner for added security. Other connectivity options include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, USB 2.0 port, and OTG support.
“Camon i will play a vital role in bolstering TECNO’s India growth story. With Camon series in our portfolio, we are certain that TECNO will soon make it to the Top 5 smartphone brands in India market,” said Lin Qin, Vice president, Transsion Holding.
Tecno Camon i aims to take on the likes of Micromax Canvas Infinity and Honor 9 Lite. The latter smartphone has been recently launched in the market, featuring a 5.65-inch Full HD + (2160 x 1080) display, dual camera setup on the back, either 3GB or 4GB RAM, and Android 8.0 Oreo. The smartphone starts at Rs 10,999(62k)in the Indian market.

Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by tafat: 8:48am On Jan 21, 2018
wow,tecno camon i? never heard of that,i only know the tecno camon cm and its a cool device
Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by shiftback: 9:50am On Jan 21, 2018
tafat:
wow,tecno camon i? never heard of that,i only know the tecno camon cm and its a cool device
Same device, different markets. Camon CM for Africa, Camon i for India.
Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by MizMyColi(f): 11:11am On Jan 21, 2018
shiftback:

Errrmmm, I doubt they are same device o..
This one looks bezel-less to me, while the one made for Naija doesn't.
Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by Ejadike(m): 3:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
The Camon I is actually bezel less
Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by Ejadike(m): 3:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
shiftback:

They ain't same. Camon I has 3gb ram while the Camon CM has 2gb
Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by shiftback: 9:22pm On Jan 21, 2018
MizMyColi:

Errrmmm, I doubt they are same device o..
This one looks bezel-less to me, while the one made for Naija doesn't.
Bar the extra RAM it's 1:1 identical. Forget the image, the device is out already, I've watched a couple videos from Indian tech YouTubers. Same design, just check YouTube and see for yourself

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by MizMyColi(f): 10:24pm On Jan 21, 2018
shiftback:

Bar the extra RAM it's 1:1 identical. Forget the image, the device is out already, I've watched a couple videos from Indian tech YouTubers. Same design, just check YouTube and see for yourself

Okay
Many thanks to you.
Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by omoalajah(m): 2:25am On Jan 22, 2018
Makes sense
Ejadike:
The Camon I is actually bezel less
Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by datyorubaboy: 2:40am On Jan 22, 2018
Yeah heard about that
shiftback:

Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by missslimzy(f): 2:49am On Jan 22, 2018
So nice, Tecno is in india too
Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by tafat: 9:17pm On Jan 22, 2018
the camon cm is surely a unique device however i think the camon i is for those in india
tafat:
Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by Poshkeez: 12:46am On Jan 24, 2018
shiftback:

They are not the same, the india version is bezel-less
Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by Ennyholar: 5:27am On Jan 24, 2018
The phone is almost the same as the Camon CM
Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by Queentito(f): 9:36am On Jan 29, 2018
Ennyholar:
The phone is almost the same as the Camon CM

But bigger Ram and it is bezeless
Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by Poshkeez: 9:38am On Jan 29, 2018
shiftback:

I saw it on youtube too, the camon I review videos are plenty on youtube
Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by chicwoman(f): 7:44pm On Jan 29, 2018
Beautiful specs. I trust Tecno products.
Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by naijatechgist: 9:07am On Jan 30, 2018
yes the Tecno camon i is similar to the Camon Cx and CM no much difference.
you can read more review here and be the first person to order online http://naijatechgist.com/2018/01/19/tecno-camon-price-specs-features-review/
Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by scarycuteface(m): 9:13am On Jan 30, 2018
naijatechgist:
yes the Tecno camon i is similar to the Camon Cx and CM no much difference.
you can read more review here and be the first person to order online http://naijatechgist.com/2018/01/19/tecno-camon-price-specs-features-review/
Order online? I thought the Camon I is for Indian market? And the CM is for the African market.
Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by bravesoul247(m): 11:15am On Jan 30, 2018
I never knew the TECNO Camon I is bezel-less. Nice
Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by bravesoul247(m): 11:18am On Jan 30, 2018
missslimzy:
So nice, Tecno is in india too
it is. Nice one from the brand
Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by naijatechgist: 1:28pm On Jan 30, 2018
scarycuteface:
Order online? I thought the Camon I is for Indian market? And the CM is for the African market.
Camon i is targeted at the Indian market but will also be available in Nigeria and other African countries.
Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by saxby(f): 2:35pm On Jan 30, 2018
naijatechgist:

Camon i is targeted at the Indian market but will also be available in Nigeria and other African countries.
will it be it nigeria as camon i? i tot the nigerian version is camon cm?

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by chicwoman(f): 3:28pm On Jan 30, 2018
The micro SD card space is something I find interesting, I hope it addresses some storage concerns of the past.
Re: Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India by scarycuteface(m): 1:57pm On Feb 10, 2018
naijatechgist:

That is good then. Would be nice.

(1) (Reply)

A Week Old Tecno Spark 2 For Sale / Neat Samsung Galaxy S9 For Sale / Get Huge Data Bonus With Glo Oga SIM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.