Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. (43184 Views)

I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. / What Can Make U Not Eat Your Wife's Food? / Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by fhutson500: 4:41pm On Jan 21, 2018
Nlanders,

Good afternoon all, something happened of recent I thought I should make it known here. I work from home, cos my wife runs a daycare, though she's got two Nannies that work with her which means she gets to work at anytime she wants at times.

This fateful morning, I had gone to drop the kids @school and branched at the carwash to wash the car, on getting there, she called me that she needs to leave home to meet up the nanny and assist at the daycare cos the other nanny has not arrived, I said can you quickly make something for me to eat b4 u leave, she
said time has gone that she wont be able to do that, being a very understanding and considerate husband, I said she could leave, that I'll sort myself.

In fact she was so much in a rush that she had to leave our maid that follows her from home to work @ home cos the lady was still in the bathroom like she told me. It wasn't up to 10mins, maybe she forgot oo, she said there is traffic jam on the road, that it seems that fuel scarcity is looming again due to queue, asking me if that was the case, Instead of answering her question, I asked where she was going, because that wasn't the way to the daycare she claimed she was heading to. She said she wants to go and pick her internet modem she forgot @ fcmb bank. I was like, but you left due to the fact that you wanted to assist the only nanny with the kids @ daycare, how come modem is more important than that or the food I begged you to make b4 u left, she said well I just have to go there now before her modem vanishes, I said no P.

At that time, I was back home and was really hungry, am the type that makes food, but the hustle in January was hella much, the motive of having to do anything was greatly paralytic, I take care of all the bills, so I understand what am talking about, body nor be fire wood. So i called her later on to ask if she can come home to quickly make the food, work place to home is like 5 mins drive, she said she's been stuck in traffic that she would need to head back to the creche since she didn't go there at first, I was like no P.

10 mins later, I called to ask her something, she apparently was in a noisy environment, I was like, aren't u back at the daycare, she was like NO, I quickly branched at the market to buy something, in which Market wasn't even far from home, like 2 mins, at that moment, I was so angry, so I flared up, I told her 'but why are u doing this", all along the reason u left the house has not been met to the detriment of the hunger am going through now, I was like u know what don't bother, will sort myself, and she was like no P.

However, she had left her wedding band on the room table, though we both agreed that whenever she forgets her ring, she would have to come back home to pick it, so I quickly used the ring as opportunity to trick her home, I was like come and pick ur ring, u have forgotten it again, she was like no oo, she cant, I was like have u forgotten our agreement, I said just come home and pick it. 4 mins later, she bashed in, started yelling, I am sure its because of trust u have enforced me to come home and pick the ring, blah blah blah, at the worms in my stomach were doing takwando training at the moment, I just kept quiet, she tried to abusively hold my head acting like she wanted to pet me, I withdrew, next thing, she just hissed and left, saying I am not even picking the ring, you can do your worse. From that day, I have decided not to eat her food, 2nd reason I am posting this is regarding this thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1307880/not-eating-wife-food-punishment

Is my situation legitimate enough to deny her food? Cos it seems a lot of people are against refusal of wifey food no matter the situation, but i feel the situation here is different. Plus she has been remorseless about the situation, and 7 years already into this union, we have been battling the issue of her responsibility on food from day 1, old problem that I feel should have expired, so we can work on new probs. Brothers and sisters, your 10kobo is needed.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Equal2DeTask(m): 4:47pm On Jan 21, 2018
Sorry sir...

Your wife left her domestic work for who

Maybe the maid should take over...

She is totally wrong. She have to abide to the SUBMISSIVE Rules....

Anyway I knw what is running through mind now...dat she is now cheating on U.

Please don't conclude yet...
Swallow ur pride sir. Be the man incharge...Dnt allow the ENEMY to destroy ur home...

I think Oga Lalasticala....gat some inputs here grin

31 Likes

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by delishpot: 4:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
You just had to torment her with calls Sha grin grin

She was late, she remembers that she forgot her modem at a bank and decides to rush there before customer pick it up. She got stuck in traffic. Through out her ordeal you kept calling just to justify your anger in the fact that she did not make breakfast. To catch her in a tight spot. If na you Dem dey call to monitor like that, you no go vex? Then you use the ring issue to drag her home even tho she has lost time going to the school you still dragging her back home. Hian.
As for the food part, she should make breakfast the night before so that you can have something to eat in the morning. Doesn't she cook at all or is it just breakfast she doesn't get to do?
Me o, I will not reject food o. It's too childish in my opinion.If I reject food, I might as well not come back home. Cos what am I doing in the house with a woman whose food I don't eat?

276 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by MhizzAJ(f): 4:59pm On Jan 21, 2018
God knows i can't get married to any man that doesn't know how to cook and do some basic chores

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by generalbush(m): 5:01pm On Jan 21, 2018
MhizzAJ:
God knows i can't get married to any man that doesn't know how to cook and do some basic chores

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by peacettw: 5:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
Not eating your wife's food is no longer considered a form of punishment. You are only doing her a favour and punishing yourself

285 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Oyindidi(f): 5:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
You will come back begging for my food.

23 Likes

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Equal2DeTask(m): 5:11pm On Jan 21, 2018
MhizzAJ:

Aunty clap for urself....

157 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Homeboiy: 5:13pm On Jan 21, 2018
Your now assuming that she is cheating

If so there are many ways to catch her

Go and learn those ways to undecided free ur mind

4 Likes

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Gentle034(m): 5:14pm On Jan 21, 2018
Bros, to be honest enh, the fault is yours, you already decided that you would sort yourself out, if you already know how to cook oga cook for yourself when your wifey can't do that. Indomie even though I hate am no pass 5 mins to prepare, rice nkor, what of beans? Haba manchi? You and your madam no suppose qwata on top food, even if u no sabi cook, jejely carry food flask go buy food.
Just go and Start eating her food or you kukumah leave house for her, now the ball dey your hand if u like dance Shaku-Shaku ontop.

152 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Martin0(m): 5:14pm On Jan 21, 2018
Oyindidi:
OK
which kinda food is that?
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Gentle034(m): 5:18pm On Jan 21, 2018
MhizzAJ:

Tell us say na Slave you dey look for nau ajebutter. Just pray say God quick grant you a husband of your desire, cos I no wan make d number of single sisters for religious houses dey increase, their matter no get end like dose endless Philippines soap opera wey dey reach 30 seasons grin grin

91 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
MhizzAJ:

You have sense.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:47pm On Jan 21, 2018
peacettw:
Not eating your wife's food is no longer considered a punishment. You are doing her a favour and punishing yourself
Funny you.

13 Likes

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:51pm On Jan 21, 2018
I thought the Op said he could cook.This is childish you think you are punishing her it is yourself you are doing.You are suspecting her of cheating it also means you are a suspect.I agree with Mhizz AJ I can't marry a man who is not domestic to assist himself or the family.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Oyindidi(f): 5:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
Martin0:

which kinda food is that?
Na normal food
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Martin0(m): 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
Oyindidi:
Na normal food
abeg tell jor, ar go like cook am iffa return for bayelsa
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Oyindidi(f): 6:01pm On Jan 21, 2018
Martin0:

abeg tell jor, ar go like cook am iffa return for bayelsa
Who you want cook for?
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by keepingmum: 6:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
What a nag of a man!!! After saying you ll sort yourself with food you now start making calls because of food, ring and sex,??
Where do women see this type of men? Such a petty and childish manchild
Whenever hunger catch you, you' ll beg your wife for food because there's no man born of a woman that ll say he's punishing me by not eating my food....if you like buy food from outside or get a babe to cook for you....when they use poison or jazz to reset YOUR destiny its YOUR problem alone and MY life will go on

140 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by SilentBang(m): 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2018
You were harsh refusing to eat her food just because of what you explained... little by little you ve let the devil to be playing chess with your marriage...

Your wife on her part needs to know what her roles as a wife is... i expect her to come pet you to eat her food again, i mean thats what a homekeeper will do.

But bro two wrongs dont make a right... you my friend is wrong to refuse her food over such petty issue.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Donald3d(m): 6:06pm On Jan 21, 2018
Na wa o
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Donald3d(m): 6:09pm On Jan 21, 2018
MhizzAJ:

God knows I cant marry a woman who doesnt make a contribution to the general welfare of the family , if you agree let me come to your village tommorow and do the needful grin grin

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by MhizzAJ(f): 6:13pm On Jan 21, 2018
Donald3d:

God knows I cant marry a woman who doesnt make a contribution to the general welfare of the family , if you agree let me come to your village tommorow and do the needful grin grin
Of course i agree...You don't need to do the needful

1 Like

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Martin0(m): 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2018
Oyindidi:
Who you want cook for?
hian for myself na
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Oyindidi(f): 6:50pm On Jan 21, 2018
Martin0:

hian for myself na
Okay.. Like say u sabi cook
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Martin0(m): 6:52pm On Jan 21, 2018
Oyindidi:
Okay.. Like say u sabi cook
u dey try me abi?
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Oyindidi(f): 6:54pm On Jan 21, 2018
Martin0:

u dey try me abi?
Yesgrin
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Donald3d(m): 6:56pm On Jan 21, 2018
MhizzAJ:

Of course i agree...You don't need to do the needful
It was a joke na wink
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Martin0(m): 6:56pm On Jan 21, 2018
Oyindidi:
Yesgrin
eheh nor worry oo ar never get ur time now�
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by izaray(f): 7:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
Martin0:

eheh nor worry oo ar never get ur time now�
Martin wey ur girlfriend, I never see her for some days now, happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by Martin0(m): 7:08pm On Jan 21, 2018
izaray:
Martin wey ur girlfriend, I never see her for some days now, happy Sunday

hahah na wa ooo see me never see her ooo but last I checked she was online today
Re: Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. by frostylook: 7:38pm On Jan 21, 2018
@ OP
But you told her you would sort yourself out. So what exactly are you pestering her for? Seriously, you were being annoyingly petty and her reaction is not out of place. You are being too controlling. You have even began suspecting her of cheating.
You can either continue messing with your marriage or drop the attitude and act like an adult. So you will starve if your wife ain't home? Na wa you sef.

72 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Perks Of Being A Pregnant Bride In Today's World / Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended / My Wife Wanted To Commit Suicide Because I Asked Her To Show Me Her Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.