Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,477 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings (95346 Views)

Yoruba Names Whose Meanings Are Now Lost / 13 Trending Nigerian Slangs And Their Meanings / Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Isahalbash(m): 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

Two different scenarios.

I don't know what happened with your Shiite brothers but if you think the president sits around thinking about killing or marginalizing shiites, in the process reducing his votes then that thought mirrors that behind all the rubbish you've been typing here.

Every human is my brother/sister in humanity irrespective of his/her religious affiliation.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Isahalbash(m): 2:04pm On Mar 06, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

Can you refer me to the specific post he made this exact comment in?

"Well the problem is most Nigerians are not the way you think they are. A lot of it is cultural. As you know certain ethnic groups behave differently from others, so there is no "one Nigerian behaviour fits all" kind of thing.

I often think that if there are people stereotyping Nigerians in the country you are currently at, you should do the same thing with them. I find it ridiculous when people see Nigerians a particular way. If I am abroad, I am one of the biggest defenders of the country.

Dividing Nigeria will only weaken it, also I disagree with your assertion that Nigeria has been failing for a century. It's been failing now since Babangida came into power, but prior to that, at one point 1 Naira = 2 dollars. Nigeria was set to become a great nation until Babangida came into power and then f00ls like Abacha, Goodluck Johnathan, etc. followed.

Buhari, despite what people think has great intentions for the nation. I'm not saying this because I'm a Northerner like him, I'm saying this because he's one of the first few leaders that is not corrupt. I do however agree that those who are pilfering (the elites) from the nations' wealth need to be dealt with in a way to show others their actions are not permitted.

There is a saying, United we stand, divided we fall. If we are divided we become more of a laughing stock than Sudan in its current state. This is what Westerners want to happen. They want to see Nigeria's economy grow even weaker. We don't need that. We need to starting increasing the power of the Naira (which Buhari is for, unlike that idi0t Babangida), we need to start immersing ourselves in newer tech, advancing our educational and health systems. We need to build ourselves up from a technological point of view.

Ideally, I want to see Nigeria become the next South Korea. I know that we are not a monolithic nation like S.Korea in that everyone is the same culturally speaking, but look at India. It's almost as diverse as Nigeria, yet they are doing so well.

I do not understand, but why the Pessimism? What caused it?"
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 06, 2018
Isahalbash:

According to you..

According to islam. Not that it matters. Obviously there are Christians and what not and I feel indifferent towards all infidels so I'm not saying that to spite them. Just trying to be accurate
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2018
Isahalbash:

Every human is my brother/sister in humanity irrespective of his/her religious affiliation.

Good for you mother Theresa. But like I said, whatever happened to your Shiite brothers. Go find someone else to blame. Your conspiracy theories sound retar ded. The president isn't sitting on a chair thinking of how to exterminate shiites.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 06, 2018
Isahalbash:

"Well the problem is most Nigerians are not the way you think they are. A lot of it is cultural. As you know certain ethnic groups behave differently from others, so there is no "one Nigerian behaviour fits all" kind of thing.

I often think that if there are people stereotyping Nigerians in the country you are currently at, you should do the same thing with them. I find it ridiculous when people see Nigerians a particular way. If I am abroad, I am one of the biggest defenders of the country.

Dividing Nigeria will only weaken it, also I disagree with your assertion that Nigeria has been failing for a century. It's been failing now since Babangida came into power, but prior to that, at one point 1 Naira = 2 dollars. Nigeria was set to become a great nation until Babangida came into power and then f00ls like Abacha, Goodluck Johnathan, etc. followed.

Buhari, despite what people think has great intentions for the nation. I'm not saying this because I'm a Northerner like him, I'm saying this because he's one of the first few leaders that is not corrupt. I do however agree that those who are pilfering (the elites) from the nations' wealth need to be dealt with in a way to show others their actions are not permitted.

There is a saying, United we stand, divided we fall. If we are divided we become more of a laughing stock than Sudan in its current state. This is what Westerners want to happen. They want to see Nigeria's economy grow even weaker. We don't need that. We need to starting increasing the power of the Naira (which Buhari is for, unlike that idi0t Babangida), we need to start immersing ourselves in newer tech, advancing our educational and health systems. We need to build ourselves up from a technological point of view.

Ideally, I want to see Nigeria become the next South Korea. I know that we are not a monolithic nation like S.Korea in that everyone is the same culturally speaking, but look at India. It's almost as diverse as Nigeria, yet they are doing so well.

I do not understand, but why the Pessimism? What caused it?"

He also left out OBJ so what's your point?

1 Like

Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Fulaman198(m): 7:43pm On Mar 06, 2018
1Sharon:
Sadly, most Hausa are mostly brainwashed wannabe Arab slaves..

If you want to go there, sadly most Southerners are brainwashed white-washed, wannabe slaves that can't even be considered Africans.

Hausa Are some of the most traditional Africans. What we call Gargajiya. They play traditional music, look at what other people within the nation are doing, copying the West.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Fulaman198(m): 7:45pm On Mar 06, 2018
labi1977:

Better leave that clown quoting u alone before he brings out e-machete next lol

he sounds like a herdsman, Very low reasoning

This is a hausa thread anyway

Did you even go to school?
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by labi1977(m): 7:49pm On Mar 06, 2018
Fulaman198:

Did you even go to school?

I'm very well educated I'm quite sure you are not.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Fulaman198(m): 7:59pm On Mar 06, 2018
Firstpage:

I'm not interested in your weak sermon. All I ask you is to use your influence ( I can see you are one of the few educated out of the millions of imbeciles from the north who would die for one Nigeria) to persuade your people like fulaman to work for the dissolution of this cesspit so that you can practice your boko haram brand of sharia in peace.

Such idiotic rhetoric! Surely, you can do better than that.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Fulaman198(m): 8:01pm On Mar 06, 2018
labi1977:

I'm very well educated I'm quite sure you are not.

You wouldn't want to compare your educational level with mine. Let's just get that out of the way.

If you were "well-educated" you wouldn't be making such simple lexicographic errors.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Fulaman198(m): 8:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
labi1977:

Your mad and your mum can suck my rod kiss if you think I schooled here

Your culture can suck it too if it means insulting outsiders at the drop of a hat

Who Fkn cares what gworo means ahole

Anyway I don't argue with cows so you can fuk off, ok ? wink

First and foremost "Mr. Educated" it's "you're" not "your".

Certainly, you went to school.

Also, I didn't think you had much of a rod to begin with.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by labi1977(m): 8:11pm On Mar 06, 2018
Fulaman198:

You wouldn't want to compare your educational level with mine. Let's just get that out of the way.

If you were "well-educated" you wouldn't be making such simple lexicographic errors.

Well education is not by mouth so go and tell that to someone who cares.

An md made a simple comment here and even apologized to keep peace and you people kept insulting him why is that what's the point. Isn't that very uncultured behaviour, but I'm sure it's very ok with you.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by labi1977(m): 8:13pm On Mar 06, 2018
Fulaman198:

First and foremost "Mr. Educated" it's "you're" not "your".

Certainly, you went to school.

Also, I didn't think you had much of a rod to begin with.

Fk u,

feel free to correct that too lol.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Fulaman198(m): 8:20pm On Mar 06, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

I would probably tell them the same thing that I told you. Anyone who feels offended by that word has a thin skin. I know I don't, my mates don't either. We don't feel offended when inferior beings attempt to rile us up.

No. You are so clueless and ignorant about issues it's not even funny. I have made numerous posts about culture and every other person here knows my opinion about bayajidda.

And BTW, if you actually read the story, it never says hausas are descendants of bayajidda bonehead. His name is "ba ya ji da". He came and he met Hausa people and was a founder of states according to the "fairytale".

My usage of his name is a figure of speech given the most mainstream perception of the weight his name carries.

I don't know what minority ethnicity you belong to or the inferiority complex that drives your clearly insecure shades at hausas and or fulanis but please go and weep elsewhere and stop trying to bring me into your confusion and worthless self reflection small fry.

As far as I know Kabila means ethnicity or is a word for outsiders like the Japanese have gaijin. No reason why it has to be derogatory or pejorative. If you don't call them that and you kill the meaning of the word, what else should you call them?

He's obviously Manga (Kanuri) BH affiliation.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Isahalbash(m): 8:20pm On Mar 06, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

He also left out OBJ so what's your point?

He has already mentioned obj in his past post; besides, why given excuse for Buhari's failure? From there, you you already knw where he was coming from unless you are from dsame ship.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Fulaman198(m): 8:26pm On Mar 06, 2018
Isahalbash:

Lolz.. " he didn't mention anyone else," are you for realgrin

" Nigeria was set to become a great nation until Babangida came into power and then f00ls like Abacha, Goodluck Johnathan,"
etc. followed.

Atleast he should have included late Yar' Adu'a before Goodluck or Buhari..it was a tactics ai daz why he was given excuses for Buhari's failure. If he was not tribalistic here, he should have given excuses for odas too.

Did you see me mention Obasanjo? He's Fulani now?
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Isahalbash(m): 8:28pm On Mar 06, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

According to islam. Not that it matters. Obviously there are Christians and what not and I feel indifferent towards all infidels so I'm not saying that to spite them. Just trying to be accurate

Where were christians called infidel in d quran by namegrin

According to islam without any quotation..

They are Muslims eventhough they are diverting from somethings.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Isahalbash(m): 8:29pm On Mar 06, 2018
Fulaman198:

Did you see me mention Obasanjo? He's Fulani now?

So, you are backgrin

Welcome.

That one nah tactics kawai.. A wuce gun.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Fulaman198(m): 8:30pm On Mar 06, 2018
labi1977:

Well education is not by mouth so go and tell that to someone who cares.

An md made a simple comment here and even apologized to keep peace and you people kept insulting him why is that what's the point. Isn't that very uncultured behaviour, but I'm sure it's very ok with you.

It's difficult to understand the incoherent jargon that you are typing because only half of it makes sense.

In any case, I'm not going to waste my breathe or words on someone like you.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Fulaman198(m): 8:31pm On Mar 06, 2018
Isahalbash:

So, you are backgrin

Welcome.

That one nah tactics kawai.. A wuce gun.

You are free to believe what you want to believe even when it's false.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Isahalbash(m): 8:35pm On Mar 06, 2018
Fulaman198:

You are free to believe what you want to believe even when it's false.

You started it all ai.. Why would you called ur master a fool even at death?
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Fulaman198(m): 8:36pm On Mar 06, 2018
Isahalbash:

You started it all ai.. Why would you called ur master a fool even at death?

Please, spare me the childish banter. You are not making any sense guy.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Isahalbash(m): 8:41pm On Mar 06, 2018
Fulaman198:

He's obviously Manga (Kanuri) BH affiliation.

Hahaha.. My slave continue barking. Manga are mostly from jigawa, besides, did you see me supporting or defending boko haram like you were defending herdsmen even wen they are d ones at faultgrin

Even if boko haram was founded by my father, I will still not support their foolish acts..that's d difference.

1 Like

Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Isahalbash(m): 8:49pm On Mar 06, 2018
Fulaman198:

Please, spare me the childish banter. You are not making any sense guy.

So you did say that?

When you failed to accept your mistakes; how could you knw if someone is making sense or not..
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Fulaman198(m): 8:49pm On Mar 06, 2018
Isahalbash:

Hahaha.. My slave continue barking. Manga are mostly from jigawa, besides, did you see me supporting or defending boko haram like you were defending herdsmen even wen they are d ones at faultgrin

Even if boko haram was founded by my father, I will still not support their foolish acts..that's d difference.

Slave? No maccudo, since when has a Fulani Ben a slave to a Kanuri. Such a thing must only happen in your dreams.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Fulaman198(m): 8:50pm On Mar 06, 2018
Isahalbash:

So you did say that?

When you failed to accept your mistakes; how could you knw if someone is making sense or not..

I'm beginning to question your ability (inability) to comprehend simple written English.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Isahalbash(m): 8:55pm On Mar 06, 2018
Fulaman198:

I'm beginning to question your ability (inability) to comprehend simple written English.

Ok mastering Englishgrin

You have won shikenan.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Isahalbash(m): 8:56pm On Mar 06, 2018
Fulaman198:

Slave? No maccudo, since when has a Fulani Ben a slave to a Kanuri. Such a thing must only happen in your dreams.

Since the creation of man.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Fulaman198(m): 9:00pm On Mar 06, 2018
Isahalbash:

Since the creation of man.

Let me know when you wake up.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Isahalbash(m): 9:03pm On Mar 06, 2018
Fulaman198:

Let me know when you wake up.

Let me know when you start to behAve like a fulani.
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Fulaman198(m): 9:05pm On Mar 06, 2018
Isahalbash:

Let me know when you start to behAve like a fulani.

Lol whatever you so mean by that
Re: Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings by Isahalbash(m): 9:12pm On Mar 06, 2018
Fulaman198:

Lol whatever you so mean by that

Am used to them tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You / Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. / Ikwerre Names & Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.