Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

My Scanned Honda Codes - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Scanned Honda Codes (3906 Views)

I Need My Car To Be Scanned At My Home In Ikorodu; Any Help? / Honda Accord Scanned Error / CEL On My Camry, Error Codes Scanned. Please Advise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Scanned Honda Codes by Mist100: 12:07am On Jan 22, 2018
Ran a scan on my EOD and got the values in the screen shot below. Guru in the house please help interpret. Plus this codes. P0498, P0496 and P1157. Thanks

Re: My Scanned Honda Codes by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 22, 2018
Mist100:
Ran a scan on my EOD and got the values in the screen shot below. Guru in the house please help interpret. Plus this codes. P0498, P0496 and P1157. Thanks

P0498: https://www.obd-codes.com/p0498

P0496: https://www.autocodes.com/p0496.html

P1157: https://www.autocodes.com/p1157_honda.html
Re: My Scanned Honda Codes by Mist100: 11:13pm On Jan 22, 2018
how about the values on the screen shot?
Re: My Scanned Honda Codes by sultaan(m): 3:05am On Jan 23, 2018
Will have to compare those to a normal car but your stft1 at 0% is not what I expect and I assume you just started the car because your temp is 75 that could mean your fan is directly connected to the battery and thermostat removed
Re: My Scanned Honda Codes by thebigkendo(m): 8:36pm On Jan 23, 2018
Mist100:

Do you experience hard start or stalling after buying fuel?
Re: My Scanned Honda Codes by Mist100: 11:43pm On Jan 23, 2018
thebigkendo:

Do you experience hard start or stalling after buying fuel?
wow.... yes
Re: My Scanned Honda Codes by thebigkendo(m): 11:11am On Jan 24, 2018
Mist100:

wow.... yes

I suspect your evap canister purge valve is stuck open, Start troubleshooting by making sure the connector to EVAP Canister vent shut valve & EVAP Canister Purge valve are connected properly, If okay then let your rewire check if the 2 valves are working properly
Re: My Scanned Honda Codes by Mist100: 10:46am On Jan 25, 2018
thebigkendo:

I suspect your evap canister purge valve is stuck open, Start troubleshooting by making sure the connector to EVAP Canister vent shut valve & EVAP Canister Purge valve are connected properly, If okay then let your rewire check if the 2 valves are working properly

Thanks so much. Can you please tell me were these are located so I can easily direct my mechanic to service or change the parts.

YouTube videos haven't been that helpful. Thanks
Re: My Scanned Honda Codes by autologic: 2:39pm On Jan 25, 2018
Mist100:

Thanks so much. Can you please tell me were these are located so I can easily direct my mechanic to service or change the parts.

Don't waste your mechanic time and your money ,evap system is more complex and require special equipment than what ordinary mechanic in the street can handle .Find a recommended techie that is good in the art of troubleshoting evap system to do this for you before your start to waste money swaping parts that is not faulty.

1 Like

Re: My Scanned Honda Codes by thebigkendo(m): 12:45pm On Jan 26, 2018
Mist100:

i hope this helps you to identify the parts

Re: My Scanned Honda Codes by Mist100: 2:27pm On Jan 26, 2018
thebigkendo:

i hope this helps you to identify the parts
overly grateful. will have then do a check tomorrow.
Re: My Scanned Honda Codes by thebigkendo(m): 2:51pm On Jan 26, 2018
autologic:

Don't waste your mechanic time and your money ,evap system is more complex and require special equipment than what ordinary mechanic in the street can handle .Find a recommended techie that is good in the art of troubleshoting evap system to do this for you before your start to waste money swaping parts that is not faulty.

Oga atleast "ordinary rewire in the street" can test the valves/solenoid to confirm if they are working if okay then he goes on to "techie that is good in the art of troubleshoting evap system" for vacumn/pressure test.
It might just be a simple case of the 2P connector not connected properly
Re: My Scanned Honda Codes by thebigkendo(m): 4:55pm On Jan 26, 2018
Mist100:

overly grateful. will have then do a check tomorrow.

OP message me on whatsapp, So i can send you some document that will help your rewire test the valves. Number is on my signature
Re: My Scanned Honda Codes by autologic: 5:29pm On Jan 26, 2018
thebigkendo:

Oga atleast "ordinary rewire in the street" can test the valves/solenoid to confirm if they are working if okay then he goes on to "techie that is good in the art of troubleshoting evap system" for vacumn/pressure test.
It might just be a simple case of the 2P connector not connected properly
If u must know I will enlight u .
evap is one most complicated system to troubleshoot out of vehicle emission system and lot of effort,dedicated tool ,skill and the knowledge is required to troubleshoot it issue.
To troubleshoot evap in a simplify professional method ,u need to have the following the
1.manufacture evap routing diagram for that particular car ,
2.Handheld vacuum pump
3.scan tool that can do evap bidirectional control and 4.smoke machine .
5.And finally the knowledge of your car manufacturer evap design implementation.

That your so -called ordinary rewire in the street can click evap solenoid but doesn't mean the solenoid is OK cos the solenoid can be clicking and not still able to perform its main function of opening and closing .To confirm if evap solenoid is OK ,at least u must make use of a bidirectional scanner and vacuum pump .
Bidirectional scanner will be used to actuate the solenoids and vacuum pump will confirm the integrity of solenoid.
Also ,I agree with u that the issue can as simple as 2p connector not well inserted but what about if it is confirmed that it is OK how do u go about the next troubleshooting stage if u are not well equipped .

Re: My Scanned Honda Codes by thebigkendo(m): 9:26pm On Jan 26, 2018
autologic:

If u must know I will enlight u .
evap is one most complicated system to troubleshoot out of vehicle emission system cos lot of effort,dedicated tool ,skill and the knowledge is required.

EVAP system on a 7th Gen honda accord is not that complex

To troubleshoot evap in a simplify professional method ,u need to have the following the
1.manufacture evap routing diagram for that particular car ,
2.Handheld vacuum pump
3.scan tool that can do evap bidirectional control and 4.smoke machine .
5.And finally the knowledge of your car manufacturer evap design implementation.

Bros all this things you are saying are stories. You are not helping,I don't know why you assumed the worst case scenario.. If OP had an EVAP leak problem like P0442 P0443 P0455 P0456 P0547 or P0497 with no other Code, i will understand why you need to bring out all the guns with your bidirectional scanner and what not.
When troubleshooting a system i start by eliminating the simpler and basic elements in this case:solenoids, hence why i said he should check connectors(simpler)after that check the solenoids, basically by "clicking" if everything is fine he can then move on to more complex scenario like solenoid not operating fully ie opening or closing completely.

That your so -called ordinary rewire in the street can click evap solenoid but doesn't mean the solenoid is OK cos the solenoid can be clicking and not still able to perform its main function of opening and closing .To confirm if evap solenoid is OK ,at least u must make use of a bidirectional scanner and vacuum pump .
Bidirectional scanner will be used to actuate the solenoids and vacuum pump will confirm the integrity of solenoid.

Aside clicking, integrity of the solenoid can also be checked measuring the resistance of the coils
For EVAP canister purge valve: resistance should be about 33 ohms
EVAP Canister vent shut valve: Resistance should be between 25 - 30 ohms

Also ,I agree with u that the issue can as simple as 2p connector not well inserted but what about if it is confirmed that it is OK how do u go about the next troubleshooting stage if u are not well equipped .

How about if it is Just the 2P conector not connected properly or the solenoid not clicking at all. When troubleshooting you don't just jump to the hardest possible fault.
If Op checks all the basic and no way he can then come to autologic workshop for "advanced vacuum test with bidirectional scanner"

2 Likes

Re: My Scanned Honda Codes by heliskiier: 6:34pm On Apr 05, 2020
thebigkendo:

Why not just replace the dang thing? It's pretty easy and not expensive to buy.

Bros all this things you are saying are stories. You are not helping,I don't know why you assumed the worst case scenario.. If OP had an EVAP leak problem like P0442 P0443 P0455 P0456 P0547 or P0497 with no other Code, i will understand why you need to bring out all the guns with your bidirectional scanner and what not.
When troubleshooting a system i start by eliminating the simpler and basic elements in this case:solenoids, hence why i said he should check connectors(simpler)after that check the solenoids, basically by "clicking" if everything is fine he can then move on to more complex scenario like solenoid not operating fully ie opening or closing completely.

Aside clicking, integrity of the solenoid can also be checked measuring the resistance of the coils

How about if it is Just the 2P conector not connected properly or the solenoid not clicking at all. When troubleshooting you don't just jump to the hardest possible fault.
If Op checks all the basic and no way he can then come to autologic workshop for "advanced vacuum test with bidirectional scanner"

Re: My Scanned Honda Codes by dicksonadams(m): 6:01am On Sep 04, 2020
thebigkendo:

Awesome, currently have this issue, woukd give your simple recommendations a try before going complex

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of The Man Who Drove His Mercedes G-wagen To 215 Countries For 26 Years! / Car Gurus Come In Here...gazzuzz Et All...your Professional Advice Is Key / Trip From PH To Lagos To PH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.