Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Something Wrong With Religion But Will Keep Growing. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Something Wrong With Religion But Will Keep Growing. (595 Views)

Questions For Those Who Don’t Have Religion But Believe In God / Anyone Who Dies Must Have Done Something Wrong – Guru Mahraji / Is It Good To Advise A Pastor When You Feel He Has Done Something Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something Wrong With Religion But Will Keep Growing. by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 22, 2018
It is amazing that nairaland is one of the most viewed Nigerian website. This place tells you a lot about Nigeria and as a regular reader I can predict how frustrated i will get from replies on this post. But pls my audience is for people who ever have the thought that something is wrong with religion but wonder why many still follows it.

Sometime last year I shared a video on whatsapp with my senior sister about the brutality a reporter received from chris okotie church enforcement guard ( I can't find the video yet). Her first reply " but why was the reporter spewing lies about the pastor".why that reply was soo wrong in many level". I will be back.

If you are one of those that always suspected something is definetely wrong with religion, trust me there is no devil working in your mind like people here will want to make you feel lmao. I will show you some little fun fact

Gdp per cpital of the top (1) 8 most religious countries in the world vs (2) 8 of the least religious countries
1. Nigeria: $2000 Ghana : $1500 Tanzania:$800 Burkina faso: $647 Pakistan:$1400 Uganda:$600 Indonesia:$3500 Senegal:$958 Ethiopia:$700
total=$12105
2. China:$8000 Japan:$38,000 France:$36,000 Australia:$49,000 South Korea:$27,000 Russia:$8,000 United kingdom:$57,00 Spain:$2600
I will let you do the toatal calculation and wonder why the almighty love seeing his people suffer grin grin

we all know how religious people love to talk about morality. If so shouldn't there be less corruption in religious society right, Nigeria for example has 88% think religious more important yet she is 136th in the world in terms of corruption. I mean with all this church everywhere, revival every week, crusades every friday, always a miracles topic on NL frontpage but the immoral corruption is the norm of its day in the society.

you dont even want to know how many gay Nigerians in nigeria seminary school ( infact this should be a topic for another day lol)
I can keep going on and on about religion and wont even mention the criminals in it (everyone know already) but i need to go back to the topic before one lazy reader complains how this is too much to read.

Look brothers and sisters, you have to understand what religion does to the brain and mind to know why everyone around you went to church yesterday and go back next week with more offering. Religious and spiritual thought can be rewarding to their brain. They activate the same reward systems between their ears as do feelings of love, being moved by music and even doing drugs. I am not making this up(http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/10.1080/17470919.2016.1257437).
Think of it this way Nigeria is already hell fire on earth, we are living in hell already. These people are deeply in search for a reason for living. What is best hope other than that your reward is not here on earth but in heaven. All they need is someone that can shout this to their ears every sunday assuring them to trust this fictiional book written 2000 years by people who dont even know what penicillin is.
And " woe to tha" that speaks up against this person (pastor, prophet, daddy etc). Ok remember my sister reply to that video? you see she skipped the reported but attacked the reporter and thats a common tactics used by this believers. I just hope i get my point across for my readers. stay strong brothers and sisters.

2 Likes

Re: Something Wrong With Religion But Will Keep Growing. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 22, 2018
You talk about GDP as a measure of economic development right. The countries you classified as less religious country have good government. Their leaders are working and their way of reasoning differs.Why didn't you point SA, Egypt,Botswana and among others because they are religious too yet their economy is good
Re: Something Wrong With Religion But Will Keep Growing. by vaxx: 1:26pm On Jan 22, 2018
this is a purely bias topic.....

base on the Constitution , Ghana, Nigeria Tanzanian, Burkina Faso apart from Pakistan are not a religious country....they are secular state

why not the GDP of these full fledged religious nations UNITED ARAB EMIRATE, SAUDI ARABIA, QATAR, ISRAEL etc.....you will realize you will be wrong....

there is nothing wrong with religion, it is the war of ideas that needs peace....

Humanity must learn to communicate via language (with rationality) and not by emotional or physical violence.

Take away religion,humans will still be selfish, fight and kill each other......it is human nature..... religion aim is to check and balance these natural attitude of ours so that the society can be a better place for us ........
Re: Something Wrong With Religion But Will Keep Growing. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 22, 2018
asuustrike2009:
You talk about GDP as a measure of economic development right. The countries you classified as less religious country have good government. Their leaders are working and their way of reasoning differs.Why didn't you point SA, Egypt,Botswana and among others because they are religious too yet their economy is good

What is the best way to measure economic developmemt?
Re: Something Wrong With Religion But Will Keep Growing. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 22, 2018
Toaskarity:

What is the best way to measure economic developmemt?
Human Development Index

(1) (Reply)

Can I Praise God Without Opening My Mouth? / How The Fine Tuning Of The Universe Points Directly To God. / [PHOTOS] "God Told Me Not To Visit Before Buhari" - Pastor Adeboye Visits Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.