Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) (6626 Views)

'Poet Who Died By His Poem' - Godspower Oshodin Launches Book In Dubai / Chidi Nwaogu, Just Broke A Fresh Guinness World For Longest Credit On A Book / Read A Book Today!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 22, 2018
I Want To Publishe books But I Dont know Where To Start From... I See Books In Book Shops And Market Stores. I Want My Book To Also Be Out In The Market For Sale... How Do I Go About This? Which Publishers Do I Meet? Who Are The Best Publishers?

Please Help Me... Divepen1

Lalasticlala

Mynd44
Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by Divepen1(m): 12:12pm On Jan 22, 2018
DeadRat:
I Divepen1

Lalasticlala

Mynd44

The first thing you need to know to whether you want to self-publish or use traditional method.
There are various traditional publishing houses.
You can get how to publish with this methods that I've written out here.
1.​How to Publish with Quramo Publishing Limited

http://writertain.com/2017/11/17/%e2%80%8bhow-to-publish-with-quramo-publishing/

2. How to Publish with Cassava Republic
http://writertain.com/2017/11/06/how-to-publish-with-cassava-republic/

3.​How To Publish With Farafina Book Publisher

http://writertain.com/2017/08/29/%e2%80%8bhow-to-publish-with-farafina/

Then, if you need to publish by yourself you can use this checklist to publish by yourself

1.Book Covers Design:you need a well-designed book cover for your books. For example: Imasetng, the official book cover designers for Writertain Publishers.
2.Book Editor: you need a very good book editor to ensure that the book is topnotch.
3.Book Publisher: this refers to the medium you want to use. Are you ready to self-publish the book as an Ebook or as a hardbook or both.
4.Book Distributions: this is your marketer.
5.Synopsis: the best summary is required to make a great sales
6.Book Reviewers: these are people you can easily talk to make others see the message others have not seen. They enlighten the world about your book before it is being published.
7.Marketing Book Reviews: this is the book review you wrote yourself.
8.Obtaining and Assigning an ISBN (hardcopy)
9.Obtain Copyright Registration(hardcopy)
10Printing Press: if you are for hardcopy, you need to get a very good hard copy. A very good example of such person is
11.Book Launching: the date and all other things required to make sure your book is exposed to the world on a personal level.
12. Awards that can be contested for.
13. Speaking Engagement.

http://writertain.com/2017/11/07/%e2%80%8ba-checklist-of-self-publishing-your-publishing/

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 22, 2018
Divepen1 thank You. How Is Copyright and Isbn obtained
Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by Aldebaran(m): 7:09am On Jan 23, 2018
O.K
Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by rxmusa(m): 7:11am On Jan 23, 2018
What a timely post! Right now I have my book ready for publishing but I'm having problem on how to go about it
Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by Pubichairs(m): 7:12am On Jan 23, 2018
smiley inspirational books or folk tales
Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by Williamstd9: 7:12am On Jan 23, 2018
There are so many publishers in the market,what you should be worried about is the best marketers.
Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by kollinz1234(m): 7:13am On Jan 23, 2018
@op thank you for bringing this issue up.
I published my first book titled "Guilty pleasure" a book that boils down on how to overcome masturbation. I sold 487 copies in the first month of publication alone of the 500 I published but since then I have been negligent about the work because the publisher didn't do a perfect job on it. Wish I know how to self publish. Right now I don't even know how to place the book online
Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by Shortyy(f): 7:18am On Jan 23, 2018
I want to publish online. Don't even know how to go about that.
Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by obbasiasa(m): 7:25am On Jan 23, 2018
DeadRat:
I Want To Publishe books But I Dont know Where To Start From... I See Books In Book Shops And Market Stores. I Want My Book To Also Be Out In The Market For Sale... How Do I Go About This? Which Publishers Do I Meet? Who Are The Best Publishers?

Lalasticlala

Mynd44
google BRIEF.com.ng , you will get ur answers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by QuestionMark910: 7:29am On Jan 23, 2018
DeadRat:
Divepen1 thank You. How Is Copyright and Isbn obtained
Go to the National Library.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by QuestionMark910: 7:31am On Jan 23, 2018
kollinz1234:
I published my first book titled "Guilty pleasure" a book that boils down on how to overcome masturbation. I sold 487 copies in the first month of publication alone of the 500 I published but since then I have been negligent about the work because the publisher didn't do a perfect job on it. Wish I know how to self publish. Right now I don't even know how to place the book online
Google and check Bookbaby at www.bookbaby.com. Lots of good free resources for self publishing.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by QuestionMark910: 7:35am On Jan 23, 2018
Shortyy:

check The 2017 Self-Publishing Survey conducted by BookBaby. You can get it at www.bookbaby.com
Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by Divepen1(m): 7:36am On Jan 23, 2018
Shortyy:

There are various platforms for that like Okadabooks, Buboox.com

1 Like

Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by barineh(m): 8:14am On Jan 23, 2018
Farafin is the best publisher to me for now.
Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by iHart(m): 8:26am On Jan 23, 2018
have you considered self publishing?
Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by nnamdiosu(m): 8:26am On Jan 23, 2018
DeadRat:

Lalasticlala

Mynd44

Pm me. I have a very credible publisher who will do everything for you...from proof reading to obtaining ISBN number etc.
Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 23, 2018
Williamstd9:
There are so many publishers in the market,what you should be worried about is the best marketers.
please Who Are The Best Marketers. Is It Better To Market The Book Myself
Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 23, 2018
Shortyy:

www.okadabooks.com
Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 23, 2018
iHart:
have you considered self publishing?
please How Do I Self Publishe
Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by iHart(m): 8:56am On Jan 23, 2018
DeadRat:
please How Do I Self Publishe
publishing the work without contracting a publishing firm.
Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 23, 2018
iHart:
publishing the work without contracting a publishing firm.
Yes! I Want More Understanding About Self Publishing...
Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by bewla(m): 9:12am On Jan 23, 2018
here to lean to
Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by Sammy1932(m): 9:14am On Jan 23, 2018
DeadRat:

Lalasticlala

Mynd44

I know a publishing company that is into publishing from the manuscripts to editorials, proofreading and publishing. All they need from you is your manuscripts and your book will be ready with its ISBN number. They have been existing for over 15 years.
You can call the company editor for more info...
Editor Mike. 08034031940
BLUE PARTNERS PUBLISHING COY.
TELL HIM SAMSON ONYEKA GAVE YOU HIS NUMBER.

Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by Philtrik(m): 9:15am On Jan 23, 2018
kollinz1234:
Publish your book for sale online at Okadabooks.com

1 Like

Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by Sammy1932(m): 9:17am On Jan 23, 2018
samples of their works @ Blue Partners.

Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by iHart(m): 9:20am On Jan 23, 2018
DeadRat:
Yes! I Want More Understanding About Self Publishing...
who is your audience? I can only tell you more if your audience is students...
Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 23, 2018
Sammy1932:

I know a publishing company that is into publishing from the manuscripts to editorials, proofreading and publishing. All they need from you is your manuscripts and your book will be ready with its ISBN number. They have been existing for over 15 years.
You can call the company editor for more info...
Editor Mike. 08034031940
BLUE PARTNERS PUBLISHING COY.
TELL HIM SAMSON ONYEKA GAVE YOU HIS NUMBER.
thank You Sir! Will They Put My Book In The Market
Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 23, 2018
iHart:
who is your audience? I can only tell you more if your audience is students...
its For Students And Non-students
Re: How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) by Sammy1932(m): 9:25am On Jan 23, 2018
One of their books.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Haters / 5 Secret Ways To Make Money As A Beginner Freelance Writer / Naughty Popo In School (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.