Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,329 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:35 PM

Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed (16846 Views)

2019: Buhari, Atiku Not Options For Nigerians – Junaid Mohammed / Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends / Tunde Sabiu, Buhari's Nephew Is A Billionaire At 20 - Junaid Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by nairavsdollars(f): 1:00pm On Jan 22, 2018
Buhari’s Re-Election Will Further Divide Nigerians – Junaid Mohammed

Dr. Junaid Mohammed, a Second Republic lawmaker, has warned President Muhammadu Buhari not to contemplate seeking re-election in 2019, saying Nigerians are already divided under the present government and the situation will be further worsened if Buhari continues beyond 2019.

Speaking exclusively with INDEPENDENT, Junaid also flayed governors of the All Progressives Congress (APC) who adopted President Buhari as the sole candidate of the party for the 2019 presidential election.

Junaid, who also questioned the president’s integrity, recalled an interview granted by Buhari in 2011 where he promised to run for only one term on account of his age.

“First and foremost, I don’t know who are the people urging him to contest election in 2019. But I knew, he gave an interview to a national newspaper and said he was going to contest and serve for only one term. There are quite a number of people who know the paper and the date of the paper. I believe if he is responsible and honourable he is supposed to be bound by what he undertook to do.

“Most Nigerians will say he is not the only politician who made a promise, but broke it. I don’t believe it is honourable for somebody to make a promise and march on that promise simply because it is his own convenience or his friends or ministers tell him to do so”, he said.

The outspoken ex-lawmaker also declared that Buhari has not done enough to seek re-election.

“Second issue has to do with performance. In a democracy, for there to be a legitimate government, you must win a free, fair and credible election. Even if you don’t come by way of democracy, there is what you call in political terms, ‘performance legitimacy’”, he noted.

Junaid, who said many Nigerians no longer believe in Buhari’s competence to lead the country, advised him to go home and take care of his health after completing his term in office.

“Now, if we were to be sincere, we would say let this man stand and we make him lose the election. But, the fear we have is that by winning the election, by insisting that he must contest, he must also win. That means rigging.

“He will further divide the country and if he succeeds in winning the election, there may be violence in the course of the election, or after because, clearly, majority of Nigerians do not believe in his competence, do not believe in his integrity or anything anymore. He has done one term, let him go home and rest and take care of himself. That is my advice”, he said.

Also evaluating the performance of APC as a ruling party since 2015, Junaid said the party has failed to fulfil its promises to Nigerians especially as regards the fight against corruption, improving the economy and waging a total war against corruption.

He argued that though the APC met a damaged economy, the party and its elected government officials have worsened the situation through lies and unworkable policies.

“By the promises made by the APC government and the lousy cast of characters brought into government, they have failed and failed miserably. First, they promised to take the Boko Haram and defeat it. Everybody you talk to will tell you that Boko Haram is alive. It has not been defeated in spite of the lies emanating from the presidency and some of the Generals.

“Secondly, they promised to fight corruption. Not only have they engendered and encouraged it, it is now at the highest level at the presidency. This is why we are not making any appreciable dent in the fight against corruption.”
https://independent.ng/buhari-wont-seek-re-election-health-will-limit-presidency/

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by Bigii(m): 1:25pm On Jan 22, 2018
FTC
for the first time on nairaland

2018 is my year cool

Buhari is a disease

12 Likes

Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by magoo10(m): 1:27pm On Jan 22, 2018
Buhari is the worst nepostic leader and an unrepentant tribal religious bigot unfortunately most of these leaders complaining today contributed to his emergence even when sane minds knew that he was just an empty carton.

103 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by hucienda: 1:34pm On Jan 22, 2018
From supposed 'saviour' to those who have no sense of history to pariah just over two years.

Any book by M. Buhari on 'How To Squander Massive Goodwill In Two Years' would be a hit in stores.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by MicheyJ1: 1:36pm On Jan 22, 2018
I still can't believe I had a hand in voting in such a nepotistic and religious bigot in to power

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by yarimo(m): 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2018
Junaid muhammed you are claiming BUHARI is not fighting corruption, and you are the type if EFCC invite you. You will be claiming government is after you. Mtcheeew

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by Hector09(m): 1:44pm On Jan 22, 2018
Nigeria is already rotten before buhari came to power, but my concern is how he is handling miyatte alla nd herdmen issue, nd nigeria is divide

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:04pm On Jan 22, 2018
yarimo:
Junaid muhammed you are claiming BUHARI is not fighting corruption, and you are the type if EFCC invite you. You will be claiming government is after you. Mtcheeew
When is Efcc going to invite former sgf?

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by osazeeblue01: 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2018
NO to Buhari

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by amiibaby(f): 3:58pm On Jan 22, 2018
Na u sabi
Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by NotBeenPaid: 3:58pm On Jan 22, 2018
Its his civil right to be reelected into office again come 2019 because the idea of second term was introduced into the constitution base on greed!

#NigeriaWails
Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by amiibaby(f): 3:58pm On Jan 22, 2018
Yes to atikulate
osazeeblue01:
NO to Buhari

7 Likes

Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by sapientia(m): 3:58pm On Jan 22, 2018
Buhari's mission is to be Nigeria's last President

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by BLSYNG: 3:59pm On Jan 22, 2018
Nigeria will technically break down if Buhari is re-elected.
Someone that is behaving like this despite his re-election bid, how would he now behave after being re-elected knowing full well too that he is not coming back to patronize you for votes again. Nigerians especially the south can go and kill themselves.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by mbaboy(m): 3:59pm On Jan 22, 2018
The name Buhari is synonymous to failure if u doubt me ask Aisha Buhari and Zahra cuz they just observed that their father is irredeemable

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by fulaniHERDSman(m): 3:59pm On Jan 22, 2018
grin
Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by Newbiee: 3:59pm On Jan 22, 2018
Divide kor! Disintegrate ni!
All I know Buhari till 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by DollarAngel(m): 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2018
Can someone help me with this "logic"?
1. "ISIS" is in Benue, but you send the Police?
2. Unarmed IPOB protesters are in the South East, but you send the Army (Operation Python Dance), for 3 months?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by Firefire(m): 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2018
una never see anything.
Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by pussypounder(m): 4:01pm On Jan 22, 2018
No to Buhari/APC !!!!!
No to Atiku/PDP!!!!
No to Aboki/Fulani ( Gworo eating terrorist) !!!!
Yes to Southern Nigeria!!!
Yes to Igbo president!!!
Yes to Yoruba president!!!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 22, 2018
We divided already
Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 22, 2018
No two ways about that fact... Gbam
Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by Naijacost22: 4:02pm On Jan 22, 2018
Did we not warn you people not to even vote him at all?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by ednut1(m): 4:02pm On Jan 22, 2018
he must complete what he started as punishment for those who voted him in 2015. Buhari till 2023. meanwhile i dey fuel queue. but i dont care Buhari till 2023.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by FrenchWay: 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2018
Mugabes wife would do better than Buhari
Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by allcomage: 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2018
Buhari is very useless. He is empty like empty calabash. Very useless man.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by Chukazu: 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2018
As bad as IBB was ,he warned us against Buhari...but we never listened.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by NotBeenPaid: 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2018
ednut1:
he must complete what he started as punishment for those who voted him in 2015. Buhari till 2023. meanwhile i dey fuel queue. but i dont care Buhari till 2023.
They've not seen anything yet. Papa Wicked (Buhari) is entitled for second term.
Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by Guyman02: 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2018
Jumaid Mohammed. This man has no permanent friend, he says his mind without sentiments, today he is bashing Igbo leaders, tomorrow it is Yoruba, Fulani, Ijaw leaders.
He is a very difficult but respected statesman

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by Pomlord(m): 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2018
So serious!
Re: Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed by bigplayerz(m): 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2018
Junaid na your entire family go divide..we are hungry,helpless, even without a major war in Nigeria..but we have our boko,benue killing,kidnapping etc. Oga park well you are a political thug and i hereby declare you an enemy of Nigeria. Buhari must complete his good or bad deeds 4yrs to go loading................

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Cashless System Can Help Track Election Financing In Nigeria"- Osinbajo / Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island / Fashola On Live On AIT Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.