Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,201 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:34 AM

A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness (4637 Views)

Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria / My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. / I'm Tired Of Joblessness. Please Heeeeeelp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by tallfish145(m): 6:14pm On Jan 22, 2018
Controversial Cool FM OAP, Daddy Freeze has reacted to a tweet which says a man who has been jobless for 4 years, rejected a N500k job from British American Tobacco because according to him, smoking is a sin.

“Imagine a Nigerian Christian who has been jobless for 4 years rejecting a job offer that pays more than 500k from British American Tobacco/Nigerian breweries because smoking/drinking is a sin.”

Freeze reacted below:

“Drinking alcohol is NOT a sin! Jesus drank alcohol and produced ‘wine’ which is alcoholic…. let’s remember that Jesus was accused of being a drunkard… you can’t be accused of being a drunkard if you drink grape juice.

The disciples were also accused of acting drunk on ‘new wine’ in Acts2 if wine wasn’t alcoholic, why were the disciples accused of being drunk on it?�

Cigarettes on the other hand, although not expressly mentioned in the Bible, can be a source of ‘moral’ concern, especially because of the high number of deaths attributed to them each year.

It is however not the job of your pastor to decide your choice of employment, let the Holy Spirit lead you! ~FRZ

◄ Acts 2:13 ►

New International Version
Some, however, made fun of them and said, “They have had too much wine.”

English Standard Version
But others mocking said, “They are filled with new wine.”

Berean Study Bible
But others mocked them and said, “They are drunk on new wine!”

New American Standard Bible *******************************
But others were mocking and saying, “They are full of sweet wine.”

King James Bible
Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.”

3 Likes

Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by delishpot: 6:18pm On Jan 22, 2018
Na his choice.

1 Like

Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by HOLYDICK(m): 6:19pm On Jan 22, 2018
Daddy freeze....the man that rejected 500k job after 4 yrs of joblessness...the tobacco company

UNA FADA common get away from here liars

6 Likes

Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by MhizzAJ(f): 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2018
He's a foolish man
I don't believe anywayz

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by yanabasee(m): 6:23pm On Jan 22, 2018
Religion is a burden that people carry on them without even knowing, most of them get over powered by the burden then blame it on Satan or witches.....

Be free, live a sane life read the Bible and love your neighbour, love God....

What's so hard about the Christendom that lots of Christians get themselves over worked!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by mazimee(m): 6:25pm On Jan 22, 2018
MhizzAJ:
He's a foolish man
I don't believe anywayz

I don't expect anybody to believe it, except for a child

1 Like

Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by Ahmed0336(m): 6:27pm On Jan 22, 2018
Man of value that knows his worth grin
Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by samilo88(m): 6:36pm On Jan 22, 2018
That means he applied for the job..

19 Likes

Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by dayleke: 6:50pm On Jan 22, 2018
Why?
Why, oh why?

My people perish for lack of knowledge ...
Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by Inijesus(m): 7:02pm On Jan 22, 2018
Village people at work in his destiny
Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 22, 2018
like seriously!
you believe this story?
Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by wunmi590(m): 7:10pm On Jan 22, 2018
Let me wait till it get to front page
Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by Adetunji109: 7:20pm On Jan 22, 2018
Fake shit....
Who then applied for the job? undecided

6 Likes

Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by bedspread: 7:31pm On Jan 22, 2018
I'll do the same as the man if given such offer
Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by Thegeneralqueen(f): 7:32pm On Jan 22, 2018
When your village people aren't yet done with you...... this is what you get cool
Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by yorex2011: 7:34pm On Jan 22, 2018
Fake
Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by Luizkid(m): 7:39pm On Jan 22, 2018
I need to here facts from the man in question else... My f**ks are inside my pocket
Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by sunday478(m): 7:42pm On Jan 22, 2018
funny how daddy freeze make his conclusion on Bible matter. He quotes the Bible out of context.

the apostles were accused of being drunk because they were speaking in other tongues.

in his mind, he is making sense.

4 Likes

Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by christ007(m): 7:44pm On Jan 22, 2018
Hmm

Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by ednut1(m): 7:57pm On Jan 22, 2018
Story is as fake as loch ness monster.
Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by Nutase: 8:12pm On Jan 22, 2018
This story is a lie. How did he apply for a job he wasn't willing to take up?

1 Like

Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by DavidEsq(m): 8:17pm On Jan 22, 2018
Sorry Freeze, u are very wrong here. The bible never condemned drinking of alcohol; rather it condemns being over drunk:Ephesians 5:18, Proverbs 23:20.
As for his rejection of the job, on the basis that it is a sin, 2 Corinthians 7:1 states that we shld cleanse ourselves from every defilement of flesh........., perfecting holiness in the fear of God. Smoking adverts have always come with a warning of death or early death and it's no longer strange to find several doctors statements advising against it. It's an activity that pollutes the flesh a endangers life. God's laws against taking of life is so severe that he demanded life for life: Exodus 21:23. So if a man undergoes a life-threatening enterprise or exercise, he has no regard for life, weda his own or others.
As for those who feel he is a fool to turn down such a job, Mark 10:29 & 30 also says "Truly I say to you, no one has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for my sake and for the sake of the good news, who will not get 100 times more now in this period of time—houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and fields,.............—and in the coming system of things, everlasting life".
God's laws regulates that man's life and I shld envy him.

1 Like

Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by Welcomme: 8:20pm On Jan 22, 2018
Freeze is just an idiot. This is war against Christianity is getting boring and stale. What a made up story!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by DavidEsq(m): 8:24pm On Jan 22, 2018
dayleke:
Why?
Why, oh why?

My people perish for lack of knowledge ...
Pls do us the favour of sharing that ur superior knowledge on dis issue.
Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by DavidEsq(m): 8:32pm On Jan 22, 2018
yanabasee:
Religion is a burden that people carry on them without even knowing, most of them get over powered by the burden then blame it on Satan or witches.....

Be free, live a sane life read the Bible and love your neighbour, love God....

What's so hard about the Christendom that lots of Christians get themselves over worked!!!
2 Corinthians 7:1. Take note of the phrase "defilement of flesh".
1 John 5:3 says "for dis is wat d love of God means, dat we keep his commandments and yet his commandments are not burdensome".
How can u love someone whose do's and don'ts u don't understand well.
Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by clerkent(m): 9:33pm On Jan 22, 2018
like a goalkeeper that reject to join Man United in 2000 because he believes there will be rapture.he take his family to the mountain waiting for rapture to come. religion twisting people mind since 200ac.
Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by Lagbaja01(m): 9:36pm On Jan 22, 2018
unlike some fellas who doesnt mind to trade away their most priced possession once the price is reached...... is it true that everybody has a price?
Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by Oduok(m): 9:36pm On Jan 22, 2018
This lie defies all logic. Who applied for the job? Who passed through the recruitment processes? Was he finally offered the offer letter? Did he write to acknowlegde the receipt of the offer and his intention to turn down the offer? What a story!
Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by EmmySparky(m): 10:02pm On Jan 22, 2018
op ur lie get levels...just like in geology...we call it strata...u sabi lay different lies ontop each other like sedimentary rock....kwantinue

1 Like

Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by b3llo(m): 10:56pm On Jan 22, 2018
Pls reads Acts 2, start from the beginning. That was when the Holy Ghost came upon the 12 disciples, people thought they were drunk when they heard them speak in various tongues under influence of the Holy Spirit.
Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by Chukazu: 10:59pm On Jan 22, 2018
Freezing or Freezer must turn everything to Christian bashing?
Re: A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness by majorgr: 12:30am On Jan 23, 2018
The problem is why did he even apply at first if he was to reject it later ? Didn't he see tobacco clearly written. Moreover, u cant get a job without applying for it.. This is a fabricated story.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Exam Past Questions And Answers / Wema Bank - Fresh Graduates / Vacancy In Neco, Waec, & Civil Defence- Who Will Give Me Details?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.