Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC - Gaming (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC (167423 Views)

Pls How Do I Play Multiplayer Games On Ppsspp / Playing Ps2 Games From A Memory Card. / Playing Ps2 Games Wit Just Flash Drives? No Lens, No Cd. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 9:47am On May 26, 2007
Why not pick one up for him next time you go to Lagos?

Megaplaza is a good place to pick up a PS2 and one or two games- that will be enough for him because if he has friends in school, they will swap/exchange games a lot.

Perhaps you could try the silverbird galleria? If they have a numetro media store, there may be a price slash you can take advantage of.

Make sure you are sure what your kid brother wants, first. Many kids are actually asking for a psp , but they say ps2 or ps3 to their parents/older siblings and confuse matters.

NOTE: If your kid brother is asking for a[b] ps3[/b], then its time to sit him down and give a lecture about prudent spending! Seriously, a ps3 is the wrong thing to get for him. ps2 or psp is ok.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by MrInfo1(m): 6:15pm On Oct 19, 2007
Blim
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 9:13am On Oct 20, 2007
infobaba:

Blim

if by 'Blim' you mean the ageing psx emulator, Bleem, then you're mistaken.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by topeteadr(m): 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2007
I have an emulator for playing both ps1 and ps2 games on a pc
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Derby: 7:20pm On Oct 21, 2007
i hv the software for u 2 play playstation 2 game on yr pc jt mail me on derby4u2008@yahoo.com . cool
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 27, 2007
has anyone ever truly played a ps2 game on pc. i have the lastest pcsx2 0.9.2. it works to launch the game plays the video and intro but you just cant play the game itself. and its too damn slow.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by QUADcore1: 6:26pm On Oct 30, 2007
yo

does anyone know how to help me with lightscribe.i got the latest everytin with nero satrt smart and when it is printing it jus shootz my drive open
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Amady(m): 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2007
Jalal please can you send me the Software for playing PS1 & 2 on PC.
This my email address ameeguy@gmail.com
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Amady(m): 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2007
Jalal cna you send me the software for playing PS1 and 2 on PC.
This is my e-mail addres ameeguy@gmail.com
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 2:58pm On Nov 13, 2007
@skyope
What are the specs of your PC? i've actually gotten a few games running
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by ow11(m): 6:24pm On Nov 13, 2007
@texazzpete

Just a quick q. i want to upgrade to the next gen console and would like to know if the 360 pad is easier to adapt to? I'm so used to the playstation and i'm confused on which one to purchase!
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 13, 2007
@texazzpete
2.8, 512, 256video card i know its not the most powerful but it should do. as i said it works but slow and does not get to the part that you actually play. just the intro. which emulator do you use. maybe mine's no good pcsx2 0.9.2
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 10:43pm On Nov 13, 2007
@ow11
Believe me, the 360 pad is a thing of art. i'll bet you'll feel right at home when you get it. it's cheaper than the ps3 and there are lots more cool games out for the 360.

if you really miss the PS pad, there are adaptors you can purchase to use a ps3 pad on an xbox 360. . .check online!
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 10:51pm On Nov 13, 2007
@skyope
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-4307.96.html#msg498920
Resident Evil 4 and Devil May Cry 3 on my laptop

My specs: 1.66 Ghz Core Duo
Geforce Go 7600
1GB RAM

Actually both you and i need something more powerful. try and tweak the RAM (increase it! 512MB for a desktop is old school nowadays) and perhaps a CPU upgrade. is it a 2.8ghz celeron or Pentium 4?

There's a new version out, pcsx2 0.9.4. grabt it from pcsx2.net

Also check the settings to confirm you aint maxing out all the settings. A good test for the emulator is trying final Fantasy X, resident evil 4 or street figher ex 3. these are definitely playable!
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Nobody: 12:54am On Nov 14, 2007
Its a p4. Will try it out with other game titles. But you know playstation 2 has been around for almost a decade. And they are still struggling with its pc emulator. Am beginning to think it will take more than software to crack it. Future emulators might require hardware parts from playstation adapted to pc for them to run. Or what you think
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 9:53am On Nov 14, 2007
@skyope
They aren't exactly struggling. On a decent PC many games are very playable. in fact the new versionfs of the emulator allow you to play onlin ewith people using real PS2s.
In today's world, a 2.8Ghz CPU is rather mediocre. And i'm pretty sure your graphics card isn't up to snuff too.
if you have money (like $200) to spare, grab the new Geforce 8800 GT. It's an extremely powerful GPU at a mass market price of $200. Then upgrade your processor to a dual core one at least. With this combo, you'll easily run many ps2 games on your PC.

It isn't likely anyone will hink of adding hardware parts to carry out an emulation. . .
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 14, 2007
@tex
those specs are really high. Fine it should work. Pcsx website did mention you got to have incredible power to make it work. Makes me remember hitman blood money specs recommendation. Maybe my 256mb nvidia geforce 5500 is old school afterall. And i just bought it this year. If you remember epsxe for playstation 1 did not work well for the then p2. But better plugin were developed and it later worked on p2. Well maybe i'll just have to wait. $200 is no joke for a graphics card. Add 50 and you get a xbox 360
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by ow11(m): 2:29pm On Nov 14, 2007
texazzpete:

@ow11
Believe me, the 360 pad is a thing of art. i'll bet you'll feel right at home when you get it. it's cheaper than the ps3 and there are lots more cool games out for the 360.

if you really miss the PS pad, there are adaptors you can purchase to use a ps3 pad on an xbox 360. . .check online!

thanks men
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 7:04pm On Nov 14, 2007
@skyope

Eh?!
Did you say geforce 5500? man, that's as old as Methuselah himself!
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 14, 2007
cry ikeja boys have duped me
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by QUADcore1: 12:47pm On Nov 18, 2007
Yo

I need some help guys!!!
i got a 160GB HDD and it picks up as 127GB

how do i solve this!

please reply wink
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 18, 2007
QUAD core:

Yo

I need some help guys!!!

how do i solve this!

please reply wink

wrong section. . .

what's the make of the drive.

what's the OS?

If it is winXP, what service pack? ?
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by QUADcore1: 7:17pm On Nov 20, 2007
its a hitachi hdd and its windows xp service pack 2
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Ivvie: 12:01am On Dec 16, 2007
QUAD core:

Yo

I need some help guys!!!

how do i solve this!

please reply wink

The rest of the hard drive space unaccounted for have the system/paging files stored on it. If you have all 160Gigs of usable space available, then you have no OS, but a fancy box and a processor.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by mecussey(m): 9:48am On Dec 18, 2007
Jahal or Codec, can any of you send the software for PS1 for my PC, my E mail address is kpas4real@yahoo.com
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Ivvie: 2:19pm On Dec 18, 2007
mecussey:

Jahal or Codec, can any of you send the software for PS1 for my PC, my E mail address is kpas4real@yahoo.com

The name is called Connectix and Sony approves of it. You can download it from the internet. There are others online but Connectix is the best and they worked by side with Sony. I remembered having it 3-1/2 floppies.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Garv: 2:20am On Dec 26, 2007
hello everyone,
welll guys i ve got ps1 emulator n it works awesome but m lookin for ps2 software for ma pc n ma pc is pentium4 n got ram of 1gb n its 5 year old n i ve tried alot for ps2 ni got nothing so codec ,jalal n goodbye plz help me out n reply me on ma mail i.e. wicked_deep75@yahoo.com, thnx smiley
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by faweiey(m): 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2007
playstation 2 can not be played on pc,now that it lens give problem at regular interval what can we do.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by deola1(m): 6:13pm On Feb 21, 2008
omo una like games oh, see as dem comment
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 7:45am On Feb 22, 2008
Ivvie:

The name is called Connectix and Sony approves of it. You can download it from the internet. There are others online but Connectix is the best and they worked by side with Sony. I remembered having it 3-1/2 floppies.

Worked hand-n-hand with Sony? The same Sony that sued Bleem! into oblivion? not likely.

faweiey:

playstation 2 can not be played on pc,now that it lens give problem at regular interval what can we do.

ignorance is no excuse for your rather foolish comment. there are pages here in this topic where people have posted screenshots of games running on their PC. People have pointed out www.pcsx2.net where the PS2 emulator is located, yet you scoff?

deola1:

omo una like games oh, see as them comment

You're in the Games section of nairaland yet it surprises you that people here like games?!
too many idiiots on nairaland angry
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by tobidaflava(m): 8:22am On Feb 22, 2008
On a more serious note now lets say it once and for all to help others (1) can ps1/ps2 play on pc? (2)does it work alone (3) how do we/I go about it? and lastly, (4) steps and procedures very important. This is just my own suggestion!
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Byack: 5:04am On Jun 22, 2008
brother please i will like to have the software

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Real: Download Pes 2014 Mobile Game For Free Here / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? / Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.