Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe (38300 Views)

HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe / Diary Of The "Other Woman" / Short Story - The Other Woman's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by just2day: 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2018
OlufemiWhit:
Namdi is really 4keddd........bisi is a crazy putaa

Lol, yeah, the likelihood of him escaping this unscathed is not looking good. Behind every crazy is a life of experiences. Thanks for commenting

1 Like

Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by just2day: 9:47am On Feb 08, 2018
Love at first sight. What if I don't see it too?

TANGENT - Chapter numbering mistake. Corrected. Sigh, I'm not infallible

BISI - THE OTHER WOMAN CH 15

One could hear the soft hum of the air conditioner, the only other sound the rhythmic drip drip of Namdi's blood hitting Bisi's nighty. Her lips trembled, the rest of her body below his fingers motionless. Leaning forward he kissed those trembling lips, an exquisite taste he had not experienced filling his mouth. His loins ached. Bisi's eyes flashed open, a passionate hunger burned away the initial fear, not dimmed an iota by the pain in her head. Her hands reached to circle round his neck even as his fingers crushed her throat making it hard to breath. Legs lifting she wrapped around his waist, thighs spreading pulling him onto the bed, above her, between her. As he fell forward, a twist of her torso put her on top and his back on the bed. In this position they remained, the pressure Namdi exerted on her neck not diminishing.

They made love with a savagery more beast than human. Candle light painted shadows of their intertwined bodies on the walls. Cries of passion erupted with complete abandon. There was no inch of her skin that had not felt his lips. Her fingers buried in his hair, her ecstasy beyond her wildest imagination. Spasms racked her body. Toes curled, back arched, her head thrown back they reached the peak together, body crumbling on top of his.

Water cascaded onto a distraught Namdi, his mind clearer. With a sponge he scrubbed his body toiling to wash off her scent. The force exerted reopened his wounds tinging the bath water a coppery red. Still he could not get rid of her touch. Guilt crushed down on him, a mountain of immense weight. A bottle of soap found his hands. Popping the cover he doused his body in desperation, his hands getting a generous amount. If he could only get clean again.  A simple golden band slipped of his finger. As it fell, Namdi's hand shot out to catch it. He missed, feet slipping, body crashing to the surface of the bath. In pain, he could do nothing but watch the band disappear into the open drain, despair settling in his heart. He gnashed his teeth cursing the world, cursing his creator from the depth of his soul for all his anguish. His mental state could not take any more shock. Water from the shower still fell on him, rinsing, a waterfall quietly beating him into submission. Aching muscles kept him still.

The liquid drug she injected me with should have left my system, Namdi thought. A righteous anger bubbling within him. If she hadn't drugged him none of this would have happened. Zainab would understand, he told himself.

"Zainab!"

Like a white hot knife through butter her name seared through his brain. It felt like he had not said or thought her name in forever. In a panic he looked for a clock. With a sweeping glance he saw nothing but a large amount of medicine bottles on the bathroom counter.

"Where did she put my phone?"

Gritting his teeth, he stepped out of the bath determined to excise this tumor. Opening the door he saw Bisi on the bed. Sleeping peacefully, her white nighty stained a coppery red. Hate blazed in him. He climbed on top of her pinning her to the bed both hands reached for her throat and squeezed.

From a dream Bisi woke up unable to breath. Her face slowly turning purple, her hands struggling to pry Namdi's hands away from her neck. A fruitless endeavor.

"You did this! If you hadn't drugged me I would have never slept with you! Zainab will understand."

Namdi uttered these words to Bisi but more to himself. He had to believe for his sanity. Bisi could feel death approaching, an experience she was not a stranger to. Hearing Namdi, her hands dropped to the side and she began to laugh. A silent laughter expressed through her eyes and mouth. She uttered a single word.

"Pla... ce... bo!"

Namdi froze, his mind crumbled, strength left his hands freeing her neck. Coughing, struggling for each breath Bisi delicately rubbed her bruised throat as she talked.

"Nothing but... a... vitamin solution."

Namdi got off her walking towards the table where his clothes were, his movements mechanical.

"I freed you Namdi, this is who you truly are!"

One foot after the other he got his trouser on, the phone in the pocket unnoticed.

"We need to live as we are while we are alive!"

Without buttoning up his shirt he wore his suit.

"I love you Namdi, from that first moment I saw you. I know you felt it too!"

The door closed behind him, another petal shaking loose from the rose in the vase. Somehow he made it to the exit. Opening the door a dark sky greeted him, a light shower falling. With glazed eyes Namdi stepped into it, feet bare.

twitter - @just2days

Thanks for reading

1 Like

Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 08, 2018
This is serious
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by just2day: 5:47pm On Feb 08, 2018
For a sneak peek at CH 16 you can click here

https://1001lives./2018/02/08/bisi-the-other-woman-ch-16/

1 Like

Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by just2day: 11:43am On Feb 09, 2018
To see a sunrise is special; especially when you are told you can't.

TANGENT - Played in the rain a few times as a kid. Not a care in the world, innocent, each step light, free, boundless, gushing with glee. Fast forward enough years, a walk in the rain became reality in all its brutal honesty trying to weigh me down.

Finding the Yoruba translation for 'mad man' and using it was weird since it looks like a completely different English word. Anyone got the Igbo or Hausa translation...

BISI - THE OTHER WOMAN CH 16

Heavy, each step he took. Feet sinking into the shallow flowing waters before hitting the asphalt of the paved road. Darkness hugged him, the road lonely. Occasional flashes lit the world around him, exposing the trees lining the street on both sides. Their branches bent in the wind, reaching for him. He saw nothing of it, pupils glazed over, his only thought, putting one foot in front of the other. Soaked to the bone, his suit clung to him sopping wet, weighing heavily. Cold sunk into his skin, occasional shivers racing through his body. The hem of his trouser stained by the filth floating past from the overflowing gutters.

Two headlamps illuminated him from behind. The driver slapping the horn elicit no response from Namdi walking on the road. He did not slow down. With a cut of the wheel, tires squealed, the car swept past him, close enough for his soaked suit to flap up in the resulting wind. The wheels churned up a tidal wave of water which battered Namdi causing him to stumble. A bottle flew out the window of the swerving car, hitting him on the temple.

"Oshi! Comot for road! Were (mad man)!"

The abuse hung in the air, the vehicle disappearing around the bend. Namdi looked down at the bottle; unfazed by deaths interest in him. Once again he began to walk, the middle of the road his path. The heavens did not let up, rain increasing in intensity. A light shower soon became a full gale driving the cold he felt deeper into his bones. Each step became a trial as he battled against the elements. Still he walked on, bare feet hitting the asphalt one at a time.

A fierce clap of thunder resounded in the distance, deafening Namdi, his hands reaching to clasp his ears. With a flicker lightning fell to the earth, hitting a tall tree to his right setting it ablaze, sparks flying with abandon. The fire lit up the street, a beacon that could be seen for miles. Namdi stopped and watched the tree burn, the scene reflected in the dark pupils of his eyes. Heat rolled off the blaze, reaching Namdi, driving the cold from his bones. With the rain it did not take long for the fire to die down, the tree nearly burnt to a crisp. A few embers still struggled for life, illuminating him along with another set of headlamps coming from behind.

A car rolled up beside Namdi. The passenger door opened.

"Get in!"

From the interior of the dimly lit car came a demanding voice. Namdi hesitated, life having creep back into him. He took one last glance at the burning tree before stepping into the car.

twitter - @just2days

Thanks for reading

1 Like

Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by Oluwakemi65(f): 10:28pm On Feb 13, 2018
op where art thou? nyc story tho...

1 Like

Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by just2day: 1:25pm On Feb 14, 2018
To love, to be loved. Red is vibrant

ZAINAB AND NAMDI'S VALENTINE DAY SPECIAL

"Places everyone she'll be coming in soon!"

Nervously Namdi patted down his dark blue suit resting on a bright white shirt. An ex had said the contrast made his eyes sparkle. Thinking about Omotore at this moment brought an uneasy smile. She had this way of... Shaking his head he drove thoughts of her out. As fiery as their time together was, the breakup had been a nightmare. A passionate woman is a double edged sword. Closing his eyes, he took a calming breath. Making a full circle he gave everything a last once over. It had to be perfect.

TWO HOURS EARLIER

"I will kill him!"

Stunned Ada came running down the hallway of the large high rise apartment, bursting through the door of the master bedroom. A furious Zainab, in nothing but bum shorts and a tank top was screaming at a phone in her hand.

"Biko, I don't think your jazz is that strong to kill him through phone."

"Ada don't even joke with me now! Give me the number of those your bouncer friends, I don't care how much they want so long as they beat him to an inch of his life"

"The boy can really take a beating though, I should know. Zainab just calm down and..."

"Don't tell me to calm down! You of all people want to tell me to..."

"Ok I've heard don't calm down, raise hell, sha tell me what happened while you do."

"The bastard said he lost the reservation! I'm now going to be one of those people who spend vals at those cheap chicken republic like places! Over my cold dead body!

"See this yeye girl, I'm one of those people that spend vals at chicken republic. You think I would be able to afford to be your roommate if you weren't covering most of my half of the rent."

"Ada, you know I don't mean it like that. I'd told the idiot to confirm it for days now only for him to send me this text!"

Zainab nearly shoved the phone into Ada's face.

"Zainab, maybe you should try callin..."

"You think I haven't tried! The bastard isn't picking up my calls! To think I was going to show him a special time this vals night!"

"Wait you mean you two haven't..."

"Ada stop acting surprised jo"

"Hehehehe, you said 'jo'. So butty girl still has a bit of naija in her."

"You've infected me, hope you are happy; now give me the number of those your bouncer friends lets give..."

"Calm dow... I mean don't calm down but the text says he found another place."

Zainab laughed.

"As if you don't know that ramshackle restaurant he put address for. It's just a step above buka."

"And what is wrong with buka Zainab?"

"Ada let's not do this now"

"I've heard; but you love him though, right?"

"You know I do, why else haven't I wrestled you for the bouncer numbers."

"With which part of your slim butty self you wan wrestle with?"

"After I kill that idiot, you will be next Ada!"

Ada laughed while slowly edging towards the door just in case. The motion brought to her notice a red dress hanging on the full length mirror, she couldn't help but walk towards it.

"Is this the..."

"Of course, it arrived yesterday, from Paris."

"Yes, yes, you have Aunty in Paris that sends you all your clothes, how many times must you tell me."

The fabric flowed like water under Ada's fingertips. It's elegance left her longing.

"You can't let this dress waste."

"You think I don't know! I had dreams of the jealousy the other babes would have when I walked in."

"Zainab, if you love the guy enough, wear the dress and go."

"Then when do I murder him?"

"KIll him after he has seen you in the dress so it can really enter."

"Good idea. Oh, by the way, your size of the dress is in the room I use as my closet."

Ada screamed, running to embrace Zainab.

"For this, I'll help you organize those bouncers when you truly want to murder him. Now let's get you ready, we have less than two hours."

Each step Zainab took contained a simmering fury. The sound of her Jimmy Choo stiletto hitting the poorly laid concrete path echoed in the nearly empty street. Stopping, she turned around, looking at her white bunny sitting in the dimly lit parking lot. Her dad tried over and over to stop her from replacing the Mercedes 'SLK' logo at the back of the convertible but she refused. To her it was her white bunny and should say so. Thoughts of returning and driving off into the night grew stronger but it could not outweigh the need to vent the anger she had for him.

"I must make Namdi suffer tonight!"

Birds flew from a nearby tree, startled by Zainabs outcry. To think he would lose their reservation and the spineless pup had sent that vital piece of information through a text. Up till now he still wouldn't pick her calls!

Reaching the doors of the mediocre restaurant, she looked up at the sign hanging on by a thread. The flames of anger went up another level. Curtains covered the couple windows facing the street. Zainab was too busy stewing in her anger to notice how new they looked or the strange lack of sound coming from the restaurant on the the evening of valentines. With a gloved hand she opened the door stepping into a poorly lit room, locked and loaded to rain hell on the unsuspecting diners.

It took a few seconds for her eyes to adjust to the near darkness. Within those few seconds she became aware there was no sound. Missing was the sweet chatter of lovers on a romantic evening; music to ignite the passions that would be running very close to the surface and professions of an undying love. Instead she could just faintly hear what seemed like a barely audible violin. A soft light came on far from her. Lit up, at the other end of the restaurant stood Namdi.

Between her and him she could see nothing. Candles on the floor came on, lighting a straight path leading from her to him, illuminating a floor littered with roses. Zainab gasped, frozen to the spot. The sides still remained in gentle shadows, but from it she could hear the music growing in volume. Even before they were lit up, she could tell it was a string quartet. As he walked towards her, dancers clad in white floated in and out of the shadows around him. With each step he took, a light came on, illuminating a couple.

The first couple illuminated were sitting on a picnic blanket, the lady rubbing jam on the mans nose. The second couple danced slowly in each others arms, the lady graceful while the guy awkwardly tried to keep up, third couple had a lady with a canvas painting a man sitting on a stool trying to keep still. Another couple became lit, the man feeding her hot soup as she lay weakly. More and more couples came to the limelight portraying different scenes. It didn't take long for Zainab to see each was a recreation of their moments together. By then, Namdi was in front of her on one knee, arms stretched out a diamond ring in front of her.

"That you would come to this 'just above buka level' restaurant tells me already how much you love me."

Zainabs hands went over her mouth, her emotions overwhelming her, tears threatening to fall from each lusciously lashed eye. The lights brightened, she could see Ada with a mischievous smile on her face along with many other friends. Within a small velvet box the ring sparkled.

"Will you marry me?"

Overcome, she could only nod her head, a single hand reaching out to Namdi. Delicately he removed the glove from her fingers, slipping the ring on. When he stood, she threw herself into his embrace sharing a kiss to the cheers of those around them.

twitter - @just2days

Thanks for reading Happy Valentines

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by Oluwakemi65(f): 2:31pm On Feb 14, 2018
Awww sweet...
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by Oluwakemi65(f): 2:38pm On Feb 14, 2018
Awww sweet... Happy Valentine's Day @ op
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by OlufemiWhit(m): 4:36pm On Feb 14, 2018
Na beta proposal be dis.....no be dose shopping mall proposal......na why dem no dhy gree 4 dere.....nice 1 bro
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by just2day: 5:05pm On Feb 14, 2018
Oluwakemi65:
op where art thou?
nyc story tho...

I'm glad you like the tale. Working on other things. Will attempt to restart the chapter a day starting tomorrow
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by just2day: 5:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
Oluwakemi65:
Awww sweet... Happy Valentine's Day @ op

Sweet of you, thanks. Fingers crossed your vals was to your liking
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by just2day: 5:09pm On Feb 14, 2018
OlufemiWhit:
Na beta proposal be dis.....no be dose shopping mall proposal......na why dem no dhy gree 4 dere.....nice 1 bro

Lol, if I witnessed dose shopping mall proposal, I'd be so tempted to shout "Say NO!". Your comment is really appreciated
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 14, 2018
Very beautiful...
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by Oluwakemi65(f): 7:38pm On Feb 14, 2018
I'm glad you like the tale. Working on other things. Will attempt to restart the chapter a day starting tomorrow[/quote]
That'll be nice. As for the val, :-/
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by just2day: 6:08pm On Feb 15, 2018
In a stranger we find a confidant

BISI - THE OTHER WOMAN CH 17

Darkness and light alternated as the car sped down the road heading to nowhere. Power had returned to the lamps lining the street. Rain drops traced a hectic path on the glass. With a finger Namdi followed the path of a single drop until it disappeared into the night . Soon the chair he sat on was as wet as he was, discomfort setting in.

"You sure pick the strangest time to take a walk"

It was a feminine voice. Sweet with a hint of a hidden emotion Namdi couldn't quite identify. He looked at her but could see little in the poorly lit vehicle.

"Just take it I am a very fine woman. Don't stress your eyes trying to see."

"Picking up a stranger is quite brave of you, seeing as you are a, em..."

" You can say it, no need to choke, since I'm a babe. Not a normal thing for me but just broke up with my boyfriend so I am a little..."

"I guess breakups can make you do crazy things."

"You have no idea. He proposed recently."

Namdi unconsciously rubbed his empty ring finger.

"Married abi?"

"Why do you say that?"

"You went for your ring finger just now. Hard not to notice"

"Yes, I'm married"

"Did she say yes immediately?"

Namdi thought back then smiled, not giving her an answer.

"I cheated on her today"

The car went silent for a minute, both lost in their thoughts, wipers playing out a rhythm as reliable as a metronome. Sounds of a hard working heater came to the forefront, its attempts valiant but effect minuscule. The road was devoid of life except for them and an approaching traffic light. It made the rounds, from green to amber to red, bringing life to a complete stop.

"Going to do it again?"

"To be honest, I'm not sure... Why am I telling you this?"

"Maybe I'm your guardian angel."

They laughed. It felt good to laugh Namdi thought. There was silence once again. The red of the traffic light basked Namdi in a garish tinge. The rain reduced to a light shower.

"After he proposed, I thought of forever with him and I just couldn't see it."

"Till death do you part, in sickness and in health, through the good and the bad"

"They leave out the -'in sickness' 'the bad'- these days, people don't want to stick around for those."

"How did he propose?"

"Sigh, he's rich, it was one of those shopping mall proposals. I wanted to die."

Her fingers tightened their grip on the steering wheel. The light turned green but the car did not move. She turned to Namdi.

"I left him there. Just turned around and walked. Got in this car and started driving."

"Where are you driving to?"

"I don't know. I truly don't know... So, what is her name?, the woman you had an affair with."

A complicated expression appeared on Namdi's face, it would be the first time he would say her name to another person. He couldn't help but feel crossing this line would set in motion a series of events he wasn't ready for. The lights turned red. Still, what is in a name.

"Bisi... Her name is Bisi."

twitter - @just2days

Thanks for reading

1 Like

Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by Oluwakemi65(f): 3:59pm On Feb 16, 2018
A twist to the tale. nice.
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by Oluwakemi65(f): 4:00pm On Feb 16, 2018
A twist to the tale. nice. Still following oh.
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by itsandi(m): 4:47pm On Feb 16, 2018
Interesting update smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by just2day: 9:02pm On Feb 16, 2018
In our memories we wrap the truth with lies

BISI - THE OTHER WOMAN CH 18

Patiently, Namdi stood as he watched the car disappear down the road. He was a few buildings away from his office. You can't be too careful he thought. It was a strange car ride. He looked up at the now dry heavens, stars hidden away by the bright lights of the city center. Barefoot, he began to walk, soon reaching the gates of 'SHAGARI INSURANCE'. He ignored the surprised looks of the men who manned the gates. With a quick sweep he found his car still there in a now sparse parking lot. Searching pockets for his car keys his fingers bumped into his phone instead. He lacked the courage to look at it knowing what he would find.

Car keys in hand Namdi stopped at the trunk of his car looking around as it opened. He was alone. Within the boot of the car were sets of clothing. With one last look around, Namdi began to strip. Each piece of clothing he peeled off left his body lighter. From his pocket he brought out his wallet, ribbon and phone; placing them in the trunk. Still feeling slightly damp, he ripped open a dry cleaning poly bag grabbing the shirt within as a makeshift towel. Before it reached his body he stopped. It was the Brioni. First gift she had ever got him. He hadn't thought much of it at the time; that is till he wore it. Nothing he had owned had felt so right on his body, giving him a feeling of eminence. Later, with a quick google search, the price tag had begun their first of many fights on how much she spent on him. With reverence he folded it placing it back in the bag. Retrieving another shirt he began to towel himself down. His phone lit up.

A single message displayed on its screen. "Where are you?". It was nearly 9 p.m. Picking up the phone, Namdi began to type. Each line of text he wrote, he would delete seconds later. Over and over he typed and deleted, every answer inadequate. Frustrated he dropped the phone, quickly dressing up. Grabbing his wallet he emptied it. Out came different atm cards and a single photo. With the shirt he dried the plastic cards in his wallet. With extra care, he tentatively dried the photo placing it in his pocket. Phone in hand he got into the drivers seat turning on the car. Thoughts of lies, of throwing the phone out the window and declaring it stolen were addressed and discarded. Unable to think of anything else Namdi grabbed the steering wheel and screamed. Over and over he screamed at the top of his lungs. The sound proof Mercedes allowed no sound to escape. Veins on his neck and throat began to bulge and strain; his vocal muscles stretched to the limit. He screamed till his voice was hoarse; till his throat was parched, dry and throbbing with pain. 

Pulling out of the building he headed home. The roads were nearly empty, the recently stopped rain keeping drivers off the slick streets. Namdi gripped the wheel tighter, foot pressing on the gas pedal. Picking up speed the car splashed rain water to the sides, a man made waterfall reaching heights that would dwarf a masquerade on stilts. The car sped down the street a traffic light on amber rapidly approaching. He wouldn't make it. Still, Namdi pressed harder on the accelerator. At the point of no return the light turned red. He completely ignored it knowing he would not be able to slow down in time. From the corner of his eye he saw a truck making its way into the intersection, their paths destined to meet. 

Slamming the break Namdi swung the wheel, fishtailing from one side of the road to the other. The tires struggled to gain traction on the wet slippery road as the car barreled towards the intersection. With a hairs breath to spare the Mercedes careened past the truck coming to a stop just after the intersection. The nose of the car faced the concrete barrier dividing the express 2 lanes away. His heart pounding, gasping for breath, Namdi wiped beads of sweat from his forehead. To his right, his phone thrown to the floor flashed. It grabbed his attention for a split second before his gaze returned to what was in front of him. A thought came to him while staring at the concrete barrier. Adrenaline coursed through his veins. Checking to make sure his seat belt was still on he slammed his foot on the accelerator. Closer and closer the barrier came. He braced himself as metal met concrete. The car hit the barrier head on with a sickening crunch. Metal crumpled, air bag deployed and a seat belt dug into the chest of Namdi, his consciousness rapidly fading to black.

twitter - @just2days

Thanks for reading

3 Likes

Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by just2day: 9:04pm On Feb 16, 2018
Khostlybeauty18:
Very beautiful...

Thanks for saying so. Those who see beauty are beautiful themselves
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by AvatarMode(m): 10:04pm On Feb 16, 2018
You are an amazing writer
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by felapikin(m): 11:58am On Feb 17, 2018
such a wonderful piece
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by just2day: 11:59am On Feb 17, 2018
Oluwakemi65:
A twist to the tale. nice. Still following oh.

Yeah, it did kind of come out of left field. the strange lady in the car should still have a small part to play later, hopefully. Thanks for taking time to comment
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by just2day: 2:18pm On Feb 17, 2018
The struggle to find a bit of paradise here on earth

BISI - THE OTHER WOMAN CH 19

On a white carpet the petal landed, a stark contrast to its hue. It lay there at the mercy of the world around it, unable to affect its fate, a finality to its tale. All it could do was lie and wait, feel as life fades. Its end already written while set in stone. The opening and closing of a door the author and finisher of its fate.  

Climbing out of bed Bisi walked through the door of the bathroom. In front of her stood an image she had fought hard to win back. A tentative finger reached out touching the imprints his hands had left on her neck. She winced from the pain. In it an inexplicable pleasure; peaks hardening through white snow, lotus flower experiencing morning dew. She reached out to touch the image in front of her. So young was her thought, finger tracing two unadorned full lips. Turning she stepped towards the bath.

Hot water gushed from the shower but Bisi did not step inside. She returned to the mirror from whence she came. Once again her finger traced the hand print bruises on her neck wincing from the pain.  From the counter she grabbed a few pill bottles popping different amounts into her mouth and swallowing. The bathroom soon fogged up with steam obscuring her image in the mirror. Her finger reached for the mirror, a single goal in mind. Finishing she appraised her work. A simple heart surrounding the names Namdi and Bisi.

"Childish."

She uttered while giggling, relic of a school girl. Her nightie made its home on the tiled floor of the bathroom. She stepped in to meet the nearly scalding hot water. The ever increasing steam soon obscured the art she had created. Standing there an altered state took her, mind wandering while the water traveled along every curve of her body. Eyes closed she let her tightly kept soul free knowing the darkness would be kept at bay for a time. Memories that had been suppressed due to the risk of what else they bore came to the surface. She became unaware of the passage of time, reliving moments of the past she could never return too. 

Stepping out of the shower her eyes went straight to the mirror. Seeing nothing her heart filled with angst. Swiftly she made her way to the bathroom counter, a drawer flung open. Rummaging through she paused, her hand on a necklace hidden at the back. Lovingly she rubbed the attached pendant, a single tear rolling down her cheek. Hand balled up in a fist she rubbed the tear away grabbing a now visible lipstick. Popping the cap she admired the hue of red it bore. Fiercely she began her work again, the pressure exerted deeply imprinting on the mirror. The simple heart surrounding the names Namdi and Bisi returned, now a deep shade of red.

twitter - @just2days

Thanks for reading

2 Likes

Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by just2day: 2:24pm On Feb 17, 2018
You are an amazing writer

I tell myself these kind of comments don't affect me. One of the biggest lies I tell myself. I do have a lot of doubt in my abilities as many writers do.

These sorts of comment do help writers to fight those doubts so to that I say thank you a lot, won't let it get to my head (lol) and I hope the story remains intriguing for a little while longer
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by classicpeezy(m): 7:40pm On Feb 17, 2018
The story is captivating but could you lengthen the updates please, those updates too short abeg...
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by just2day: 7:52pm On Feb 17, 2018
For a sneak peek at a rough CH 20 you can click here

https://1001lives./2018/02/17/bisi-the-other-woman-ch-20/
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by just2day: 7:56pm On Feb 17, 2018
felapikin:
such a wonderful piece

Thanks for saying this. Your comment is appreciated. Will try to keep it as such
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by just2day: 8:14pm On Feb 17, 2018
classicpeezy:
The story is captivating but could you lengthen the updates please, those updates too short abeg...

You were one of the page 0 commenters. Your follow of the story is noticed and appreciated. Thanks for the comment

Yeah, my chapters are usually between 400 and 800 words. I can increase word count which isn't too difficult. But if it's to increase content, that is my 2 chapters worth of happenings into one update then i'd probably need to change the release schedule to every other day.

Or if you have an idea as well
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by Oluwakemi65(f): 10:43pm On Feb 17, 2018
Deep... You never cease to amaze me Sir.
Re: BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe by just2day: 5:59pm On Feb 18, 2018
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

TANGENT - NDE, Near Death Experience to those who have never come into contact with such a term. For those who have touched the border and returned they've shared their moments. Each experience unique. Some a bright light beckoning them forward to another existence, others their souls floating in a space of tranquility. From all the many accounts there is something that rings true, it does not seem to resemble our current world but is flavored by ones beliefs.

BISI - THE OTHER WOMAN CH 20 

Peace enveloped him, soft and fluffy. Among the white velvety clouds his ethereal body floated. Beneath, a river of flowing stars twinkling with answers to the mundane and the profound. Onward in its embrace his body sunk, slowly dissipating to become one with the twinkles beneath. Tranquility held him, cocooning him in an embrace that felt so familiar evoking a memory once thought lost but never truly forgotten. A woman appeared before him. There was a simple beauty to her. In her gaze he saw an emotion burning into existence, blazing bright, blazing first, blazing true. Love. 

"Mom...?"

"You need to go back Namdi, it is not time" 

With a ping the world shattered, fading to nothing only to be forgotten.

An eye opened to a red world. The scent of gasoline thick in the air, overwhelming the senses. From his ears he could only hear a dull ringing. Muscles tensing, Namdi's body attempted to move but was held in place by the airbag and seat belt. To his left, through the window, he could faintly make out the outline of an old man. His eye closed once again as he fell unconscious.

"He's alive! Someone help me get the door open!"

"There's a small fire starting, shouldn't we put that out first?"

"Then get a fire extinguisher! Or do you want to spit on it?"

"What if it explodes?"

The man began to edge away from the site of the crash along with some of the crowd. Frustrated, the old man trying to force open the passenger side door pointed a finger at the spineless man.

"Man up! It is no where near the fuel tank. Will no one help me?!"

Within the sea of people, the crowd parted; a few university students elbowing their way through. A young boy in the lead held two fire extinguishers.

"Sir what can we do?"

"Two of you work one fire extinguisher, the rest of you help me break the glass and drag him out through the window."

Using the butt of the second fire extinguisher the man hammered away at the window. Shards of glass tumbled down.

"We need a blade to cut the seat belt"

"Will this work?"

Surprised, the man took a switchblade from the outstretched hand of a university student. With quick work he popped the airbag and cut away the seat belt. Blood still ran down a cut on Namdi's forehead pooling in his left eye. With a handkerchief the old man wiped the blood away as best he could checking for and finding a weak but steady pulse. Helping hands lifted Namdi out through the window, an ambulance finally arriving at the scene. Paramedics ran to the old man and students, stretcher in hand. Carefully they placed him unto the stretcher and into the back of the ambulance. Before the doors closed, the young boy brought a phone and handed it to the paramedic.

"His phone. Maybe try calling someone on it."

He watched as the ambulance sped of into the distance.

Blinking eyes struggled to adjust to the contrast of darkness and light. A breath brought with it a fragrance of drugs, disinfectant and violet.  A groan escaped Namdi's lips as he attempted to move. Around him were monitors displaying different forms of lines numbers and words, their beeps an orchestra with a terrible lack of skill. Eyes no longer struggling his gaze finally fell on her.

She sat there on a chair that was more function than comfort. Tracks ran down her cheeks, mascara running. Worry lines were etched on her delicate features, thin lips quivering. Words caught in her throat unable to come out. Instead she moved towards him. Watching her close the distance, Namdi was overcome.

"A lovely angel in front of me, I must be in heaven."

His face stung, the physical pain nothing in comparison to the emotional one he felt when her slim graceful fingers came in contact with his cheek.

"How could you!"

With that outburst she buried her face in his chest, tears pouring from her eyes in a flood that wouldn't end. Pain coursed through his bandaged ribs but he said nothing, merely wrapping his arms around her, pulling her close.

twitter - @just2days

Thanks for reading

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Along He Came. / Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter / Diary Of A Pastor's Son (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.