Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,979 members, 7,799,332 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did (37905 Views)

My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married. / I Have Impregnated Another Girl Against The One I Love. What Should I Do Now? / Kenyan Woman Who Left Her Husband Of 20yrs To Marry The "Holy Spirit" Found Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by nazablossom(f): 8:02am On Jan 24, 2018
LesbianBoy:
Why do ladies that don't talk to a guy back then in school suddenly starts talking to the guy when they meet outside. What changed? grin grin
maybe the guy is now a handsome, six-packed and rich young man.
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by luminouz(m): 8:22am On Jan 24, 2018
missjo:
This is the story of a man who chose to be a gentleman and is on the verge of losing the woman he loves to another man.

Here's how the story went and still goes:
Caesar will be 30years old in May 2018. At about this same time in January last year, he ran into the woman who would cause him to love like he has never loved before. Her name is Sara.
Caesar and Sara both attended the same secondary school, but they never spoke back then. This was until they were added to a WhatsApp group made up of Alumni from their graduating set.

Caesar joined the group much later than Sara did and at first he didn't take notice of her much. Although he always saw comments made by Sara and found them intriguing, he didn't make any move towards her instead he focused on flirting with some of the other ladies in the group whom he used to speak to back in secondary school. This went on until Sara started developing a crush on the mysterious alumni who always seemed to have the right words to flirt with and she didn't hide it. She called out to him and being the attention lover Caesar is, he responded and asked her for a photo so he can know he was talking to.
Both of them developed a friendship that was mainly built on flirting and counter-flirting until they decided to chat each other up privately. Caesar told Sara outrightly that he liked her and wanted to have a relationship with her but she turned him down because according to her, she was already in a serious relationship.

Caesar was also in a relationship too, but once he and Sara started talking, she was all he could think about. This not withstanding, he wasn't ready to keep chasing a girl who said she was dating when he knew deep down that he was also dating even though she never asked.
He stopped chatting to her privately for about 5months and they only exchanged pleasantries during debates in the WhatsApp group. By July 2017, Caesar had started having issues in his relationship but he still didn't know how to go about telling Sara to just leave her boyfriend and be with him. Over the next few months, they would exchange private messages and act like friends. This was until November 2017 when Sara admitted to Caesar that her relationship was hitting the rocks .

She said her boyfriend had been talking about marriage since they started dating in January and was supposed to have rented a flat that would herald the beginning of their union only for her to find out that he renewed his rent for another year in his single room bachelor pad without informing her. Not to mention the fact that they were constantly fighting and arguing. On hearing all this, Caeser finally saw a way in and he took it without hesitation.
He started being persistent and made sure he let her know how he has felt for the past 11months.

Fast forward to January 2018, Sara has seriously fallen in love with Caesar even though she has not officially broken up with her boyfriend of one year who all of a sudden has started making plans to visit her family for the 'first knocking' (Introduction). The problem is, Sara is not interested in marrying him anymore as all she wants to do is to be with Caesar.
She invited Caeser over to her city and to her surprise he leaves a promise ring with her the night before he leaves and tells her that the ring is a promise from him showing that he is ready to take the plunge head deep and make her his wife. Meanwhile, her boyfriend of one year has not proposed or given her any ring. All he does is to say he is doing the introduction in February like he is suddenly in a hurry.

Now this is the reason why he is suddenly in a hurry. Caesar, Sara and her boyfriend are all Alumni in the same WhatsApp group. The boyfriend and Caesar are actually friends although not too close and Caeser only found out who this mystery boyfriend is after he visited Sara and she told him. She was told by the boyfriend to keep their relationship a secret from all old classmates before then but because he is suspecting that Sara and Caeser are seriously talking, he wants to rush and be the one who married her.

Sara's mum has given her an ultimatum to get married this year because she will also be 30 and according to her mum, she must get married this year. Caeser however may not be ready to marry her this year because he needs to sort out some things, which is why he gave her the promise ring (he actually attached the ring to her necklace so that she will always have it dangling on her neck and close to her heart).
They are both in love and have always been, and Sara blames Caeser for not being persistent last year. She blames him for letting her stay with her boyfriend till now even when she never really loved him.

Now her mum has told her that she must marry her boyfriend regardless of the love she feels for Caeser.
Both Caeser and Sara have both shed tears as they spoke tonight over the usual video call they share every night. Sara wants to be with Caeser for the rest of her life, but her mum is on her neck and this has left her broken because she does not feel any love for her boyfriend, she never did..she only dated him because she was single and he was the one who was persistent as at January last year while Caeser gave up too easy even when he was the one she really wanted.

Please you guys, ladies, ogas & madams, what do you think is the appropriate solution to this very delicate matter. I need your help and input please cry cry

I stopped reading when I got to d 'they both cried' part!!!
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 24, 2018
Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and give to boyfriend what belongs to boyfriend.

Ylou are running from boyfriend because he stays in a sine room. GOD WILL JUDGE YOU
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 24, 2018
Mr ceaser let her go.
If you want to marry her do that.
The ball is in her court and while she claims" her mother this, her mother that", she is quite old enough to make her choice. And her stand of no choice is a choice.

Just pretend to let go, dont call, text, reduce shit on the chat group, and watch how the boyfriend drops her since the competition from you (ceaser) does not make her relevant anymore, when the boyfriend does this she will have no body to fall back on. Except you, guess what, you can then marry her or date her or whatever.

I don't like people like you, I think it's wrong to take something that belongs to another, regardless of how he treats her, if she felt so bad about it she would have left, and I can bet that all this information about her not loving him, how she's only with him because of pity came solely from her, it begs the question. If its so bad..if it has always been bad why didn't she leave him, if she did leave , it would have been a clear green light to you.

Chasing her tho is folly as you will regret her as a wife, do you think marriage will always be rosy, what happens when you argue, she will go and be telling him, or some new guy, and start another love triangle.

Take a step back and look at this well, pretend to let her go, yes its not easy. And watch her make her decision. But regardlesw of what she chooses , the other guy will never marry, please do not tell her this.
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by grandstar(m): 8:35am On Jan 24, 2018
[quote author=missjo post=64460732]This is the story of a man who chose to be a gentleman and is on the verge of losing the woman he loves to another man.

Here's how the story went and still goes:
Caesar will be 30years old in May 2018. At about this same time in January last year, he ran into the woman who would cause him to love like he has never loved before. Her name is Sara.
Caesar and Sara both attended the same secondary school, but they never spoke back then. This was until they were added to a WhatsApp group made up of Alumni from their graduating set.

Caesar joined the group much later than Sara did and at first he didn't take notice of her much. Although he always saw comments made by Sara and found them intriguing, he didn't make any move towards her instead he focused on flirting with some of the other ladies in the group whom he used to speak to back in secondary school. This went on until Sara started developing a crush on the mysterious alumni who always seemed to have the right words to flirt with and she didn't hide it. She called out to him and being the attention lover Caesar is, he responded and asked her for a photo so he can know he was talking to.
Both of them developed a friendship that was mainly built on flirting and counter-flirting until they decided to chat each other up privately. Caesar told Sara outrightly that he liked her and wanted to have a relationship with her but she turned him down because according to her, she was already in a serious relationship.

Caesar was also in a relationship too, but once he and Sara started talking, she was all he could think about. This not withstanding, he wasn't ready to keep chasing a girl who said she was dating when he knew deep down that he was also dating even though she never asked.
He stopped chatting to her privately for about 5months and they only exchanged pleasantries during debates in the WhatsApp group. By July 2017, Caesar had started having issues in his relationship but he still didn't know how to go about telling Sara to just leave her boyfriend and be with him. Over the next few months, they would exchange private messages and act like friends. This was until November 2017 when Sara admitted to Caesar that her relationship was hitting the rocks .

She said her boyfriend had been talking about marriage since they started dating in January and was supposed to have rented a flat that would herald the beginning of their union only for her to find out that he renewed his rent for another year in his single room bachelor pad without informing her. Not to mention the fact that they were constantly fighting and arguing. On hearing all this, Caeser finally saw a way in and he took it without hesitation.
He started being persistent and made sure he let her know how he has felt for the past 11months.

Fast forward to January 2018, Sara has seriously fallen in love with Caesar even though she has not officially broken up with her boyfriend of one year who all of a sudden has started making plans to visit her family for the 'first knocking' (Introduction). The problem is, Sara is not interested in marrying him anymore as all she wants to do is to be with Caesar.
She invited Caeser over to her city and to her surprise he leaves a promise ring with her the night before he leaves and tells her that the ring is a promise from him showing that he is ready to take the plunge head deep and make her his wife. Meanwhile, her boyfriend of one year has not proposed or given her any ring. All he does is to say he is doing the introduction in February like he is suddenly in a hurry.

Now this is the reason why he is suddenly in a hurry. Caesar, Sara and her boyfriend are all Alumni in the same WhatsApp group. The boyfriend and Caesar are actually friends although not too close and Caeser only found out who this mystery boyfriend is after he visited Sara and she told him. She was told by the boyfriend to keep their relationship a secret from all old classmates before then but because he is suspecting that Sara and Caeser are seriously talking, he wants to rush and be the one who married her.

Sara's mum has given her an ultimatum to get married this year because she will also be 30 and according to her mum, she must get married this year. Caeser however may not be ready to marry her this year because he needs to sort out some things, which is why he gave her the promise ring (he actually attached the ring to her necklace so that she will always have it dangling on her neck and close to her heart).
They are both in love and have always been, and Sara blames Caeser for not being persistent last year. She blames him for letting her stay with her boyfriend till now even when she never really loved him.

Now her mum has told her that she must marry her boyfriend regardless of the love she feels for Caeser.
Both Caeser and Sara have both shed tears as they spoke tonight over the usual video call they share every night. Sara wants to be with Caeser for the rest of her life, but her mum is on her neck and this has left her broken because she does not feel any love for her boyfriend, she never did..she only dated him because she was single and he was the one who was persistent as at January last year while Caeser gave up too easy even when he was the one she really wanted.

Please you guys, ladies, ogas & madams, what do you think is the appropriate solution to this very delicate matter. I need your help and input please cry cry[/quote

She should marry Caesar. Marriage is a journey of no return ]
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by Niyinficient(m): 9:20am On Jan 24, 2018
Simple case ......leave the boyfriend cos marriage is not a day's job.....marry your heart....you mum will understand later...simple. Life is not all about marriage abeg.

1 Like

Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by Authenticity(m): 9:26am On Jan 24, 2018
INFATUATION..........better heed to your parents Advice. Very soon your eyes go clear,,,dats not love oooo,,,its infatuation with the so called ceasar
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by hangel50: 10:06am On Jan 24, 2018
well,let"forget about the promise ring..because it does nt guarantee that he would marry you,firstly i think you should forget about what your mum thinks,because she will not be there with you when you wil be facing the ugly marital issues...go for who your heart longs for.....and not under any pressure...delay is not denial....it"nt a matter of how far bt hw well.....best of luck.
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by Napoleonsammy(m): 10:22am On Jan 24, 2018
caesar caesar caesar
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by AreaFada2: 10:24am On Jan 24, 2018
AntiBrutus:

E sure me say you no read that story grin

Surprisingly I took time to read the very long story before replying.

She should not allow herself to be pressured into marrying a guy she does not love. Her mother will not spend 50 or even more years with the hubby, but this girl will.

So following her heart means following who she loves. Do not marry out of pity, gratitude or pressure generally.

I do not have to write a reply as long as her epistle to make sense sir.

1 Like

Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by Worksunlimited: 10:26am On Jan 24, 2018
Dude! Man up and say you are the dude in question...

The whole story justs puts ladies as confused beings.. She was the one that said mba!, when. Caesar first state im church mind.

Dude left her and later came back when she started complaining her relationship was hitting the rocks..

Now, after much much, she is blaming Caesar for not coming on time..

As in, can you just imagine d babe shifting blame on Caesar, who only did what any rational man would do..l?

Caesar should better bail o.. That babe is a confused drama queen..
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 24, 2018
At 30, una still dey cry, dey do video chat. Issokay grin
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by mikemedi38(m): 10:37am On Jan 24, 2018
nice article thans for sharing cheesy cheesy wink wink wink
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by InfernoNig: 10:37am On Jan 24, 2018
Op. I know its you. Well just don' think about it. What will be will be. Just flow with the ride.
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by ImaIma1(f): 10:45am On Jan 24, 2018
It is very common for another guy to sweep you off your feet at the time when you are planning to get married. The guy comes as a knight in shinny armour...more loving and caring than your boyfriend.

He listens to you with undivided attention...calls you often to ask how you are and if you have eaten...filling up in areas where your boyfriend is slacking. More often than not, IT IS A TRAP. He might turn out worse.

Promise ring...till 2025
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by adisabarber(m): 11:08am On Jan 24, 2018
You always speak wisely

ImaIma1:
It is very common for another guy to sweep you off your feet at the time when you are planning to get married. The guy comes as a knight in shinny armour...more loving and caring than your boyfriend.

He listens to you with undivided attention...calls you often to ask how you are and if you have eaten...filling up in areas where your boyfriend is slacking. More often than not, IT IS A TRAP. He might turn out worse.

Promise ring...till 2025

Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by ImaIma1(f): 12:08pm On Jan 24, 2018
adisabarber:
You always speak wisely

Thanks. I am really blushing
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by missjo(f): 12:09pm On Jan 24, 2018
adanny01:

Very simple, stick to your guns.

However, am only worried that you and Caeser may be practical strangers to take the plunge.

What other stuff does Caeser need to take care off that he has to sort out before plunging?

No rush this thing, regret no easy to live with and divorce is messy.
Caeser was honest, he said it clearly that he's not sure he will get married this year. He's looking to settle down next year.

1 Like

Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by missjo(f): 12:13pm On Jan 24, 2018
donsimo:
Mr ceaser let her go.
If you want to marry her do that.
The ball is in her court and while she claims" her mother this, her mother that", she is quite old enough to make her choice. And her stand of no choice is a choice.

Just pretend to let go, dont call, text, reduce shit on the chat group, and watch how the boyfriend drops her since the competition from you (ceaser) does not make her relevant anymore, when the boyfriend does this she will have no body to fall back on. Except you, guess what, you can then marry her or date her or whatever.

I don't like people like you, I think it's wrong to take something that belongs to another, regardless of how he treats her, if she felt so bad about it she would have left, and I can bet that all this information about her not loving him, how she's only with him because of pity came solely from her, it begs the question. If its so bad..if it has always been bad why didn't she leave him, if she did leave , it would have been a clear green light to you.

Chasing her tho is folly as you will regret her as a wife, do you think marriage will always be rosy, what happens when you argue, she will go and be telling him, or some new guy, and start another love triangle.

Take a step back and look at this well, pretend to let her go, yes its not easy. And watch her make her decision. But regardlesw of what she chooses , the other guy will never marry, please do not tell her this.
To be honest, I feel it's just a game to him. When I asked him why he kept our relationship private from the group since last year, he outrightly said that he wants to wait to upload our wedding pics and shock people because he knows he has competition and he wants to show them that he's the one who got the woman.

I don't understand why a grown person would think like this , I don't at all.

1 Like

Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by ImaIma1(f): 12:19pm On Jan 24, 2018
missjo:

To be honest, I feel it's just a game to him. When I asked him why he kept our relationship private from the group since last year, he outrightly said that he wants to wait to upload our wedding pics and shock people because he knows he has competition and he wants to show them that he's the one who got the woman.

You should be careful then because you don't know if Ceasar is part of their little game or competition.
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by missjo(f): 12:24pm On Jan 24, 2018
ImaIma1:

Promise ring...till 2025

Mmhmmmmmm, thanks. This is noted
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by missjo(f): 12:29pm On Jan 24, 2018
ImaIma1:

You should be careful then because you don't know if Ceasar is part of their little game or competition.
Nope he is not. Caesar has been asking me who my boyfriend was since February last year but I told him to mind his business.
I finally told him last week when he came to visit me in my city, he never knew my so-called boyfriend was in the same alumni group and they were old classmates.
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by missjo(f): 12:36pm On Jan 24, 2018
lastmessenger:
And you think by abandoning your former boyfriend to the new guy Caesar your problem is solved and your relationship is bound to succeed? My dear Sara relationship is work and does not grow organically. As soon as you begin dating the Caesar guy,will you realise that he also has his own fault and same way he will find something faulty about you.And by the way don't even think that feelings you have for Caesar guy will always be there to make you feel good.One day the feelings will go and you will be faced with reality.
This is my counsel to you,meet your former boyfriend, explain to him your crisis and ask for the way forward.I perceive you guys may find a solution to the problem and quickly make amendment. Don't trust feelings that can easily pass away.Relationship is work and for it to grow,the two will have to constantly make effort to make it work.
Thanks for this
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by missjo(f): 12:40pm On Jan 24, 2018
Yakzo:
If he had rented that apartment, she'll have taken that as a sign of his seriousness even if he goes broke. Be patient with your first lover
Oh thank goodness for understanding that part. And it's not the money that's his problem. Even if he was going to renew his rent, what stops him from discussing it with me first since we both already agreed to rent a bigger place.
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by missjo(f): 12:41pm On Jan 24, 2018
shakurkings:
Why do I have this feeling I'm also in this WhatsApp group. Everything (asides the names) looks in place. De javu?
Mmhhmmmmm embarassed embarassed
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by missjo(f): 12:42pm On Jan 24, 2018
8stargeneral:
Is dis happened in Nollywood or Bollywood grin grin
Real-lifewood sir
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by missjo(f): 12:45pm On Jan 24, 2018
tellmemore15:
Sara, its a difficult and confusing situation you've found yourself, I must confess I was in the same shoe when i wanted to take a wife.

My advice is this; If you ever found any thing (affection) to hold unto in your present bf, something good you admire and you believe you can start with him in his small way, just marry him. because once a lady passes 35 years, true love disappears and all you want is a man you can just cope with who would take away your shame.( you know this is Africa).

ceasa on the other hand might just be an infatuation, just like the Buhari Nigerians clamored for and called him "the president we never had", they sympathized with him and put him there only to discover the monster in him, he killed them daily and silenced their voice.
Sorry to have brought politics into your matter but you have to be very sure of the intent of Ceasa and of your own emotions before you go with him. life for a man is not the same for a lady.

you can still take the bold step for "love sake" but you need to think it through and be sure.

Thanks a lot for passing this accross without any judgements, I appreciate it.
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 24, 2018
missjo:

Better odds with ceased, but am not sure if any would even want you again, I mean this is two friends, and its like you are play both sides.
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by missjo(f): 12:50pm On Jan 24, 2018
Csami:
People think marriage is a joke. Because he/she writes what gets to you and you think you both have this marriage compatibility and are made for each other. The real world is out there watching you guys with binoculars.

WTF is a promise ring?
It's a proper wedding ring that's not worn on the finger until the wedding day itself. It is kept hanging on a bracelet or necklace and moved to the finger where it belongs after taking the vows.

1 Like

Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by missjo(f): 12:54pm On Jan 24, 2018
biggieoflife:
It was Caesar she liked. But he wasn’t persistent enough..blablabala

I feel like tearing her hot slap....fiction or no fiction
Smh
Re: I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did by missjo(f): 12:56pm On Jan 24, 2018
ruggedtimi:
tell caesar to go back to rome.
Lol, that's not his real name.
I don't know who might be reading hence the name changes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Young Graduate Tells Shocking Story On How Her Sister Burnt All Her Credentials / I Caught Her Sex Chatting. / Oluwaseun Bankole: Who Has Found This Missing Lady?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.