Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,201 members, 7,807,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures (38369 Views)

Onitsha Tanker Fire: Trader Shares Before And After Pictures Of His Shop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by barng(m): 11:58am On Jan 24, 2018
Gateway Hotel in ota nko?

Every child's dream way back!

Now Na forest without the reserve!

Naija.... Smh
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by ACE1010: 12:02pm On Jan 24, 2018
No wonder Don. T likened Nigeria as "shithole"
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by akigbemaru: 12:09pm On Jan 24, 2018
VBCampaign:
Kingsway Ibadan: Before and After

Both pictures are side views of Kingsway Ibadan. The first depicts the building in its present dilapidated form (2018). The second shows the building in 1950 - picture is credited to Google.

These pictures speak in succinct form how much progress Nigeria has made in its national life.

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1263625253781567&id=1256891871121572

Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by DaddyKross: 12:10pm On Jan 24, 2018
AryaSand:

My mommy used to call me that grin grin [/b]Baby kingsway[b]

You must be cute then wink
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by desgiezd(m): 12:31pm On Jan 24, 2018
During Christmas periods, there was a Train within the house that was taking kids to where Father Christmas was. Such are unforgettable memories.
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by horlakunle25(m): 12:38pm On Jan 24, 2018
Ori e dabi ori "babie kingsway"
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by itsene: 1:00pm On Jan 24, 2018
That was once a beautiful triangle.
Kingsway,Daily Sketch, UTC, Cocoa Dome/House, British Council, USIS, Post Office, J. Allen, Barclays, Standard, Cool banks, Leventis, Frcn/Wnbc, CMS bookstore etc
I feel like going back in time.
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by 2shure: 1:28pm On Jan 24, 2018
rich niggi attitude.
i dont have too speak
fuc u
donsimo:

Shut up joor, forming billionaire on a faceless forum, I can swear that your account number no fit load card sef.
# nonsense.

Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by chukxie(m): 1:35pm On Jan 24, 2018
michoim:

Yes indeed the present state of Nigeria made possible by 16 years of PDP misrule and wanton mindless looting

You are wrong. The decay started from way before PDP came into power. Go back to the IBB, Abacha, Obasanjo regimes. You can even go further back to the first regime of Buhari to understand the decay that Nigeria has been simmering in. Nigeria's been decaying for long just that people are only recently beginning to see how rotten Nigeria has gotten.
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 24, 2018
2shure:
rich niggi attitude.
i dont have too speak
fuc u

Fck you bitch,
How hustle.
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 24, 2018
chukxie:

You are wrong. The decay started from way before PDP came into power. Go back to the IBB, Abacha, Obasanjo regimes. You can even go further back to the first regime of Buhari to understand the decay that Nigeria has been simmering in. Nigeria's been decaying for long just that people are only recently beginning to see how rotten Nigeria has gotten.

Try telling them, they really do not want to know.
Its all just talk, nobody truly cares unless they are suffering
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by zeembab(m): 3:49pm On Jan 24, 2018
I often wonder how Nigerians often try without success to dissociate themselves from the countries problem.
We all had pointed an accusing finger to an imaginary enemies that incidentally happened to be nothing but our collective shadows.
For avoidance of doubt, our brothers, sisters, cousins, uncles, aunts not some alien from a distant planet that was behind the demise of Kingsway supermarket like so many other businesses that have ceased to exist.
I have said this before and I will continue to say it....we are the most unproductive set of human being God ever made. We also needlessly overrated ourselves. Safe for few shining stars among us whom I considered as anomalies or outlier....majority of our kind are evil cancerworms. I challenge anyone in this forum that have a contrary opinion to open a small business like a barbing saloon and leave for 3 months for another Nigerian to run for him. Until we change our ways as people, we will continue to have buffoons leaders like we have always had. And we must deceiving ourselves that God will leave serious people and come to our rescue anytime soon.

VBCampaign:
Kingsway Ibadan: Before and After

Both pictures are side views of Kingsway Ibadan. The first depicts the building in its present dilapidated form (2018). The second shows the building in 1950 - picture is credited to Google.

These pictures speak in succinct form how much progress Nigeria has made in its national life.

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1263625253781567&id=1256891871121572

1 Like

Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
Corruption killed that Kingsway building. People stole like mad in that place in the eighties including the staffs and management.
It is pathetic that the building is in this state, it would have been taken over like that UTC that become shoprite now.
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by bellville: 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2018
We lack maintenance culture in Nigeria. It's a shame that we let all historical monuments go to rot.

Want trending books on business? Check my signature
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 24, 2018
Majesticniyi:
Funny. So you would say shopping malls are on decline just because a particular store isn't running again? Wrong analogy! We have far better malls and stores now....

Indomie generation.
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by delpee(f): 7:03pm On Jan 24, 2018
Great memories! A stroll from UTC to Kingsway then to Leventis was always fun. smiley

Hottest, richest and sweetest meatpie with coke during lunch hour. The very best! kiss

Father Christmas visit by indoor train through a chilled 'snowy' grotto was the ultimate at Christmas. Nothing compares with that in Naija today unfortunately. sad
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by CioAngels(f): 7:14pm On Jan 24, 2018
Mr Biggs who took over Kingsway building in Lagos is not any better, if not dead by now.
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 24, 2018
Why do most Nigerian's have such low IQ? The before picture was a front view, and the after picture was a back view? Fvck me, you sub humans are irredeemable.
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by Majesticniyi(m): 10:31pm On Jan 24, 2018
I get your point. One just have to understand that tines and seasons change. Not just here but everywhere the world over.

It annoying that there is almost nowhere you can take kids to in Ibadan and they would have fun.....na so so bar full everywhere. Thank God for the games arcade at Samonda and the mini-amusement park at Shoprite, Ring Road.
chloedogie:

Actually you have a point just like Mr Biggs first came and now fading off. But what stops us from maintaining our assets? I can remember trans-wonderland in Ibadan back then, it was great even people used to come all the way from Lagos on Saturdays and Sundays. But now.......................
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by Majesticniyi(m): 10:34pm On Jan 24, 2018
They were big and life-like! So I heard cool

Your surname is Ladipo? We share same (if yes)!

Ladipodeal:
I grew up hearing Baby Kingsway. What's the story about the famous baby.
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by deepwater(f): 12:49am On Jan 25, 2018
chloedogie:
They had the best meat pie down west then, then when Osun was created, presidential hotel had the same pie taste. Christmas was always fun at Kingsway back then used to come all the way from OYO township if we decide not to celebrate at LAMBAMBA in Oyo.
Daddy good morning sir
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by areee(m): 5:46am On Jan 25, 2018
chloedogie:
They had the best meat pie down west then, then when Osun was created, presidential hotel had the same pie taste. Christmas was always fun at Kingsway back then used to come all the way from OYO township if we decide not to celebrate at LAMBAMBA in Oyo.
is like u are telling my story 100%.
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by chloedogie(m): 9:16am On Jan 25, 2018
deepwater:

Daddy good morning sir

Be careful. Lolll. Morning bro.

1 Like

Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by chloedogie(m): 9:17am On Jan 25, 2018
areee:

is like u are telling my story 100%.

U wanna tell me more about you cos I lost contact of all my childhood friends from Oyo back then who knows you might be one of them.
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by chloedogie(m): 9:19am On Jan 25, 2018
Majesticniyi:
I get your point. One just have to understand that tines and seasons change. Not just here but everywhere the world over.

It annoying that there is almost nowhere you can take kids to in Ibadan and they would have fun.....na so so bar full everywhere. Thank God for the games arcade at Samonda and the mini-amusement park at Shoprite, Ring Road.

It is very unfortunate. But world moves on. Better days ahead.
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 26, 2018
lancee:

Yes ..That was true..Xmas was fun then , u wouldn't wanna miss their santa
I guess you are right. Me don't know grin
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 26, 2018
1nigeriamyfoot:

oju e bi oju bebi kingsway grin grin grin

If you no be ajebutter, you go understand wetin I just typed.

Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by lancee(m): 12:52pm On Jan 26, 2018
namedonfinish:

I guess you are right. Me don't know grin

Got u ..New generation
Re: Kingsway Ibadan: Before And After Pictures by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 26, 2018
lancee:

Got u ..New generation

Thanks for the compliment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghanaian Man Storms Bank With Mattress, Pillow & Bedsheet (Video) / GTB Mobile Money Transfer - How Secure Is It? / AMAC Seals Restaurant With Customers And Staff Still Inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.