Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,474 members, 7,781,381 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:29 PM

Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate (21091 Views)

Obasanjo’s Letter To President Buhari (Full Text Of The 13-paged Letter) / Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari: Twitter User Reacts With Football Terms / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari: "Matter Closed" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by ijustdey: 4:04am On Jan 24, 2018
•Agbakoba: Buhari has nothing to offer

•Falana: statement a wake-up call

•Ubani: letter overdue

Posted By: Joseph Jibueze, Adebisi Onanuga and Robert Egbe

Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) chairman Prof Itse Sagay (SAN) last night said it was insulting for former President Olusegun Obasanjo to ask President Muhammadu Buhari not to run for second term.

Sagay urged Obasanjo, who he said sought third term, to show Buhari some “respect”.
He said: “I saw Obasanjo’s comments and I could not believe my eyes, that a man who tried to get a third term is discouraging someone else from getting a second term. It doesn’t make sense.

“I think Obasanjo should try and respect other people. He has achieved a lot. He is a great man and I respect him. But he should learn to respect other people and think of them as being, at least, as good as himself.

“I think it is insulting for a man who wanted third term to tell somebody else not to want second term. It is most inappropriate, and for a former head of state to say so is most improper.”

But, a former Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) and leader of the National Intervention Movement (NIM) Dr Olisa Agbakoba (SAN) said President Buhari has nothing more to offer.

He described Obasanjo’s suggestion for Buhari not to run for second term as “great”.

Agbakoba said: “It (Obasanjo’s call) is a great idea as Buhari hasn’t anything left to offer. We at the Third Force will build a new coalition to take power.”

Activist-lawyer Femi Falana (SAN) described Obasanjo’s statement as a wake-up call for President Buhari. He advised the President to shed himself of the influence of “an incompetent and corrupt cabal”.

Falana said: “President Olusegun Obasanjo’s intervention is a vivid expression of the frustration of the Nigerian people with the Buhari administration.

“The statement is a clarion call on President Buhari to remove the incompetent and corrupt cabal of power mongers that has hijacked political power from him. Through sheer nepotism and cronism, the regime has lost the massive goodwill that heralded it to power.

“The success recorded in the fight against insurgency in the northeast zone has been eroded in the wave of kidnapping and reckless killing of unarmed Nigerians by AK47-bearing herdsmen.

“The success of the fight against corruption and impunity has been rubished by the inability of the regime to remove corrupt public officers.

“President Obasanjo’s challenge has been taken up by many Nigerians who have already formed a coalition of genuine progressive forces to liberate Nigeria from internal colonialism and imperialist control.”

Mr. Dele Adesina (SAN), declined to comment on the contents of ex-President Obasanjo’s letter because he considered it a purely political matter, not a legal one.

He, however, observed that “there’s nothing one can say that will determine whether the President should run or should not run; it is his constitutional right to do so. I don’t want to join in any controversy.”

Although Vice President, Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) Monday Ubani felt Obasanjo’s letter was long overdue, he warned that Obasanjo should not see himself as the determiner of Nigerians’ fate.

He said only Nigerians could choose who they would vote for.

Ubani said: “Former President Obasanjo’s letter to President Muhammadu Buhari was long expected and, for coming now, I will say it is even belated.

“Recall that former President Obasanjo has written such letters to virtually everyone that took over from him and if you will remember such letters were even written to former military leaders like IBB and Abacha.

“Such scathing and virulent attacks on leaders before and after him are therefore not novel. What is novel is that he did not initiate the attack on President Buhari timeously, due to some personal reasons known to him.

“However, former president Obasanjo should not allow this idea to get into his head that he has become the ‘power and principality’ that will always determine the political direction of Nigeria. “Nigerians should always know when they are tired of any government and should determine the fate of their leaders, including President Buhari if at all he decides to contest in 2019, and when they so decide it is not because former President Obasanjo instructed them but because they are tired of the ‘Change.’

“My humble take about Nigeria is that the destiny of Nigeria should not be seen to be in the hands of these supposed ‘powers and principalities’ of Nigerian politics but in the hands of the majority of Nigerians who must always have their way. That is the way for us to go and it is my dream for my dear country.

“Nigerians will not reject President Buhari in 2019 because former President Obasanjo said so but because President Buhari may have wittingly or unwittingly rejected Nigerians. He alone by now should know his status with Nigerians. A word is enough for the wise.”

Former member, Ogun State Judicial Service Commission, Abayomi Omoyinmi described the letter as one-sided.

Omoyinmi said: “President Obasanjo is entitled to his opinion on how he has perceived President Buhari. The fact of the matter is that every individual has his or her own way of approach to governance as it’s in this case. Ex-President Obasanjo has only highlighted what he believed are President Buhari’s flaws in his style of governance.

“I am of the opinion that the content in the letter is one sided in that it lacked constructive criticism, because Obasanjo failed to at least highlight the good things that have been achieved by President Buhari within just three years and under an extremely difficult circumstances created by many years of previous administration misrule.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/sagay-obasanjos-comments-insulting-inappropriate/

2 Likes

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by sarrki(m): 4:11am On Jan 24, 2018
I may not be happy with the performance of Mr president

But know one should deny him his fundamental rights of the right to contest or to be voted for

If you aren't scared of him why asking him not to contes

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by hucienda: 4:20am On Jan 24, 2018
All of a sudden, Obasanjo's letters have become a 'pain-in-the-arse' to the folks who sang its praises last time out? cheesy

Sagay and the likes, you can't have your cake and eat it too. One remembers the fictitious 'sniper list' amongst others in the previous letter season by same Obasanjo to the previous administration and how the current administration then in opposition 'rejoiced' with it.

Anyone who does not have convenient, selective political amnesia will recall this statement made by one of them -
["I am number seven on the GEJ (Goodluck Ebele Jonathan) sniper list, so I will only worry when GMB (General Muhammadu Buhari), Asiwaju (Tinubu), Amaechi, Akande, etc, are killed”.]

They ran to press with it whether they knew it true or false forgetting, as President JFK once remarked, that ...

"Those who foolishly sought power by riding the back of the tiger ended up inside its belly".

157 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by Alexgeneration(m): 4:28am On Jan 24, 2018
sarrki:

But know one should deny him his fundamental rights of the right to contest or to be voted for

You can't even construct a simple sentence devoid of errors to defend your paymaster.

Buhari is brain-dead just like his supporters

162 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by belente(m): 4:44am On Jan 24, 2018
This obj latter can wake a dead man

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by belente(m): 4:55am On Jan 24, 2018
sarrki:

oga, your paymaster is making your job very hard each passing day .

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by fulaniHERDSman(m): 4:57am On Jan 24, 2018
sarrki:

Speaaaaaaak English!!

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by Nukilia: 4:59am On Jan 24, 2018
Like Otuoke, Like Daura; Like Jonathan, Like Buhari

Nigerians voted an old man who should be on his retirement farm rearing his cow.
What a national disaster!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by SirBrightoc(m): 5:08am On Jan 24, 2018
It's not an insult to advise a friend in an honest way.

No one is denying Buhari the right to run for a 2nd, but it will be more honourable for him not to run than to be disgraced. We all should also know that from Mr. Buhari's anticidence, he doesn't accept defeat honourably. He may not act like GEJ in handing over to the opposition, if he is defeated. That may plung the country into a bigger crises. Hence, I believe that OBJ's advice for him not to run for a 2nd term is apt.

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by SirBrightoc(m): 5:16am On Jan 24, 2018
From my understanding of Obj's letter, he is calling for a new coalition "Coalition for Nigeria, CN".

Whereas we have to salvage the situation in Nigeria today, does it mean we can not get a good candidate from any of the existing political parties?
Does it mean we must be looking for new coalition (party) every three year period? Because, definitely the new coalition will still produce people of dubious character.

Why not look for the right candidates and support them wherever they may be?

6 Likes

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by IAMTHEHERO: 5:18am On Jan 24, 2018
Let me tell you why true patriots are begging Buhari not to contest:

If he loses the election there will be blood flow, his supporters in the north will slaughter people like cows.They can't accept defeat like GEJ. They are not Democrats.
If he wins the election there will be more massive nepotism, divisions, corruption and poverty in the country.

So if truly that Buhari loves Nigeria/Nigerians, (born or yet to be born); he should not contest, l am not saying he has no right to contest. He should remember that one day he will surely leave Aso rock (dead or alive). Let it be on history that he is the first president in Nigeria to do only one term without seeking for another term. This will put him in the history book.

Some people want Buhari to contest and win so that after his second tenure power will return to south while some people don't want him to contest or perhaps lose so that the north may have another 8 years.
Our greed will surely plunge this country into destruction if we don't repent.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by madridguy(m): 5:22am On Jan 24, 2018
Following..
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by jchioma: 5:27am On Jan 24, 2018
Sagay urged Obasanjo, who he said sought third term, to show Buhari some “respect”.

But, when the same OBJ wrote against GEJ, he was a patriot then abi? If Buhari does not know what is good for himself, he should go ahead and contest. He and his apologists will understand the fury of Nigerians.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by CharleyBright(m): 5:30am On Jan 24, 2018
This idiot and Tony Anenih, I don't know who is a bigger fool. But I certainly know they share something in common as they need psychiatric evaluation..
Useless old cargoes

2 Likes

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by Nobody: 5:31am On Jan 24, 2018
sarrki:

Sense has escaped from your brain abi grin

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by smellingmenses: 5:37am On Jan 24, 2018
YET AGAIN O.... THIS IS SOMEONE CRYING OVER BENUE GENOCIDE FEW DAYS AGO.... SARRKI IS UNSTABLE... IF TINUBU SUPPORTS BUHARI 2019 HE MAY AS WELL KISS LAGOS GOODBYE

imhotep:

Sense has escaped from your brain abi grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by Desyner: 5:37am On Jan 24, 2018
Bubu . . .
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by smellingmenses: 5:39am On Jan 24, 2018
VIOLENCE HAS NO MONOPOLY
IAMTHEHERO:
Let me tell you why everyone is begging Buhari not to contest: If he loses the election there will be blood flow, his supporters in the north will slaughter people like cows.They can't accept defeat like GEJ. They are not Democrats.

3 Likes

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by edo3(m): 5:44am On Jan 24, 2018
Lawyer ehnn,,see as Monday ubani just passed his own rejectful message in a subtle manner...

2 Likes

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by Alejoas(m): 5:45am On Jan 24, 2018
We know you must talk Sir!
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by peeps4u: 6:02am On Jan 24, 2018
sarrki:

MODIFIED
NOTE: I wrote dull*ard*inho but Seun changed it to President Buhari, please disregard the later word Seun used, Buhari is dull*ard*inho

It's like one needs to simplify the letter to you so that your brains can process it; no one is deny President Buhari fundamental right to contest as many zombies are obviously repeating this shallow line borne out of ignorance, at least we can't force him not to contest, OBJ's letter and other Nigerian's calls for bubu not to contest is just an advise for him to save his face and drop the thought of recontest as he's not done anything meaningful to be voted in again.
If he insists and contests again, we can't jail him for that or criminalize him as it is his right, we can only send the President Buhari back to daura

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:07am On Jan 24, 2018
sarrki:

16 Likes

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:13am On Jan 24, 2018
hucienda:
All of a sudden, Obasanjo's letters have become a 'pain-in-the-arse' to the folks who sang its praises last time out? cheesy

Sagay and the likes, you can't have your cake and eat it too. One remembers the fictitious 'sniper list' amongst others in the previous letter season by same Obasanjo to the previous administration and how the current administration then in opposition 'rejoiced' with it.

Anyone who does not have convenient, selective political amnesia will recall this statement made by one of them -
["I am number seven on the GEJ (Goodluck Ebele Jonathan) sniper list, so I will only worry when GMB (General Muhammadu Buhari), Asiwaju (Tinubu), Amaechi, Akande, etc, are killed”.]

They ran to press with it whether they knew it true or false forgetting, as President JFK once remarked, that ...

"Those who foolishly sought power by riding the back of the tiger ended up inside its belly".
Please clear your throat with this little token from me for Commenting A Well Commented Comment And For Quoting A Well Quoted Quote Also cool

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by Firefire(m): 6:19am On Jan 24, 2018
Story teller

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by Nobody: 6:21am On Jan 24, 2018
grin grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by Firefire(m): 6:25am On Jan 24, 2018
sarrki:

The failure should try and go and contest nobody is stopping him.

Remember he contested previously 3 times and failed being a known loser and serial failure before the conspiracy to oust GEJ and install the monumental failure.

Except the dullard rig the election using the INEC chairman. His failure is guaranteed!

Btw: you sound like a broken records... cheesy

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by peeps4u: 6:35am On Jan 24, 2018
Firefire:

The failure should try and go and contest nobody is stopping him.

Remember he contested previously 3 times and failed being a known loser and serial failure before the conspiracy to oust GEJ and install the monumental failure.

Except the dullard rig the election using the INEC chairman. His failure is guaranteed!

Btw: you sound like a broken records... cheesy

Thanks, Sarrki always leaves his brains behind before he posts. Is anyone stopping President Buhari from contesting? what is the "no one should deny bubu his fundamental rights" all about? How has the advice to drop the thought of contest turned to denying him his right? Is OBJ or any Nigerian threatening him from contesting?

5 Likes

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by Firefire(m): 6:40am On Jan 24, 2018
peeps4u:

Thanks, Sarrki always leaves his brain behind before he posts. Is anyone stopping President Buhari from contesting? why is the "no one should deny bubu his fundamental rights" all about? How has the advise to drop the thought of contest turned to denying him his right? Is OBJ or any Nigerian threatening him from contesting?

We are not unaware of the modus operandi of the Zone-Bs. Cry like baby crocodile to get sympathy.

Brainwashed elements!

2 Likes

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:40am On Jan 24, 2018
ijustdey:

Falana said: “President Olusegun Obasanjo’s intervention is a vivid expression of the frustration of the Nigerian people with the Buhari administration.

•Agbakoba: Buhari has nothing to offer

•Falana: statement a wake-up call

•Ubani: letter overdue

http://thenationonlineng.net/sagay-obasanjos-comments-insulting-inappropriate/

[b]That is the truth! Buhari should tidy his office up!

If he had done well for the masses, he need not campaign, Nigerians would wholeheartedly campaign and vote for him!

Anyone encouraging him is only deceiving him!

Finally May all those who are behind the Chibok girls saga, Bokoharam, murdering of the Shites, killing of the Igbos, Benue Massacre and Fulani Herdsmen never know peace! May they NEVER rule Nigeria again. Amen!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by doctokwus: 6:44am On Jan 24, 2018
This Sagay is getting irritating.
This was somebody I thought had sense with the way he was defending Magu as EFFC boss and attacking the corruption both in the assembly and polity.
Soon as Buhari's failure as a RULER,because it's now clear he has no LEADERSHIP capacity,became widespread and noisy,Sagay started talking and behaving irrationally.

3 Likes

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by naijaboy756: 6:47am On Jan 24, 2018
sarrki:

See as u just dey spoke and murder English, your life is shaking now abi, Obasanjo dey threaten your BMC means of livelihood grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by orisa37: 6:51am On Jan 24, 2018
No one likes to be criticised, not even God. OBJ is educating and advising the Electorate to shame Buhari if he tries to come back. And that is his right and privilege.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? / Election: TUC Adopts Peter Obi As Presidential Candidate / Nnochirionye Afunanya Appointed As DSS Spokesperson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.