Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers (11653 Views)

Why Petrol May Not Sell At N145 Anytime Soon / Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers / We Can No Longer Import, Sell Fuel At N145/litre — Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by ManirBK: 7:03am On Jan 24, 2018
The Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) has warned marketers within its Enugu Zone to comply with N145 pump price of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) or have their products dispensed to customers free.
Mr Unyime Akpan of Health, Safety and Environment Department, DPR Enugu Office, gave the warning in Awka when he led an enforcement team to Anambra on Tuesday.

Akpan said the team sealed one filing station for allegedly refusing to revert and enforced the pump price sale of the product in nine other stations on Atani road in Ogbaru and some parts of Idemili North Local Government Areas.
He expressed regret that some marketers had remained defiant, in spite of DPR’s efforts to ensure compliance, noting that the DPR might apply more stringent punishment by dispensing products of defaulting marketers to customers for free.
“Petrol price is controlled; stations are not supposed to sell above N145 per liter and if the cost of getting products suggests they cannot sell at that price, then they should leave out.
“Marketers are the people encouraging the hike; if they are not gaining from it, then they leave out until the system returns to normal.
“We may have to begin to dispense their products free because DPR also has the powers; if this price compliance sales proves ineffective, we may be left with no option than to give out their petrol, so that they can understand how serious we are,” he said.
In a reaction, the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) absolved its members of any complicity in the hike of petrol price and blamed it on scarcity.
Chief Ikechukwu Nwankwo, Chairman of IPMAN, Enugu Depot, in charge of Anambra, Ebonyi and Enugu states, urged DPR to stop the clampdown the members as sealing outlets and auctioning the products would not solve the problem.
Nwankwo decried the petrol supply situation in the country and called for a more sustainable measure to normalise it.
He said DPR’s action on IPMAN members, especially those under his zone, amounted to being punished for a problem they did not cause and could not solve.
Nwankwo said that solution to the problem was massive and sufficient supply of petrol into the system by the NNPC.
The IPMAN chairman said marketers were making efforts to make the product available to customers as complete scarcity would amount to shutting the economy and holding the masses hostage.
“I have spoken with my members here in Anambra, the situation of fuel supply is bad and it is our wish that we begin to get products like the way it used to be before.
“IPMAN is not happy with the way the DPR is harassing us, closing our stations and auctioning our products. It is like they want to push us out of business because we cannot continue to suffer this loss.
“NNPC is not allocating products to us, DPR should go and monitor the marketers that get allocation from NNPC; how can we buy product at N190 or N195 and DPR sells them off at N145.
“We make extra effort to get product at tank depot so that economic activities can go on and we should not be punished for that; we may have to close our stations if they continue to pursue us,” he said.
NAN reportes that pump price of petrol has dropped from between N240 and N250 to N200 per liter.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/fuel-scarcity-sell-at-n145-or-lose-your-petrol-dpr-warns-marketers.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7108974721

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by ManirBK: 7:04am On Jan 24, 2018
GOOD DEVELOPMENT

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by Yomboy4ever(m): 7:05am On Jan 24, 2018
Ok
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by osamaBUSH(m): 7:06am On Jan 24, 2018
DPR make sure dis 1 nah talk'n do oo
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by jay2pee(m): 7:13am On Jan 24, 2018
No be today we start to dey hear this thing

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by okosodo: 7:16am On Jan 24, 2018
This DPR are as stupid as their leader, who is the petroleum minister

10 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by hisgrace090: 7:28am On Jan 24, 2018
At 145naira per litter this people make around 500.000.00 gain on each tank of 45000 litters at the current price of 133naira per litter,
why the marketers are not satisfied with it is what bordered me.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by free2ryhme: 11:29am On Jan 24, 2018
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by Papiikush: 11:29am On Jan 24, 2018
I bought fuel at 180 from NNPC

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:29am On Jan 24, 2018
I really need explanations.

Can anyone in layman terms tell me why we are buying above #145 pump price?

Why is NNPC incurring a landing cost of #180 per liter of fuel on importation?

Why can't we refine our fuel?

I NEED LAYMAN EXPLANATIONS PLEASE? I AM TIRED OF TOO MUCH BIG GRAMMAR!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by Pubichairs(m): 11:29am On Jan 24, 2018
embarassed let them finish their old stock nah...u guys started it ..since December is the only month u guys can make money mischievously ...useless folks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by bedspread: 11:29am On Jan 24, 2018
Hello. I just checked my inec status.If you are a registered voter, check your Voting status on the following link. It is seamless, innovative and reliable. Simply Select your:

1.) State

2.) Surname and

3.) Date of Birth

http://voterreg.inecnigeria.org

It's very important..... your card is your power

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by slimpoppa(m): 11:30am On Jan 24, 2018
tell them.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by jonadaft: 11:30am On Jan 24, 2018
Story!

I bought it N200 at G&G Mushin yesterday.

The most annoying thing was that, the extra 20 litres I bought in a keg only measured about 16 litres. Corrupt in this country has become an inoperable cancer.

1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by jayben(m): 11:30am On Jan 24, 2018
NA TODAY? NA DEM DEM sad
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by janeIBfashion(f): 11:30am On Jan 24, 2018
here at lakowe and awoyaya epe expressway it is selling for 180

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by Stethaine: 11:30am On Jan 24, 2018
So sorry for Nigeria. Until people realise that Buhari has brain damage so daft. They will continue to suffer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by visijo(m): 11:30am On Jan 24, 2018
Nigerians
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by adisabarber(m): 11:30am On Jan 24, 2018
If they lift fuel at the normal price, will they sell above approved price?
DPR should go to depots and make sure tankers load at normal price

ManirBK:
GOOD DEVELOPMENT
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 24, 2018
okosodo:
This DPR are as stupid as their leader, who is the petroleum minister

So Buhari should personally go to each Filling station to enforce a directive

Why do you people always talk like a nut is missing from your head?

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by SalamRushdie: 11:31am On Jan 24, 2018
This is the kind of poor leadership Obasanjo mentioned in his letter yesterday where he said that Buhari is not sound intellectually but still think he can bark out orders and fiats to fix the economy but unfortunately economic problems only bow to superior strategy and not military command ..Instead of telling marketers what price to sell their product in a scarcity deliberately brought on by Buharis incompetentence the govt should get a strategy on how to wet the country with affordable fuel and watch the queues and black markets disappear but like Obasanjo said to expect that from a very daft Buhari is like leaving lice on you clothes and expect your fingers to be blood stain free .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 24, 2018
govt cant continue to interfere in people's businesses and not get a resistance. NNPC isn't telling Nigerians the truth, the more they try to force pump stations sell at their regulated price, the more resistance they get. There's some nasty things going on under Nigerians noses that NNPC isn't saying, they brought the news about paying subsidy of N28 but its way beyond that.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by Coldfeets: 11:32am On Jan 24, 2018
Just for saying sake...
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by Yeeyo: 11:33am On Jan 24, 2018
Nigeria is a great nation but manage by very weak brain president that lead to starvation, killing, violent, poor economic etc and still some people who have Harlow thinking intellect are still supporting him to come again.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by Elukapendragon(m): 11:33am On Jan 24, 2018
When did we get here? who did this to my country? undecided
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 24, 2018
Stethaine:
So sorry for Nigeria. Until people realise that Buhari has brain damage so daft. They will continue to suffer

Keep blaming Buhari while fellow Nigerian who have been blinded by greed continue to Rob you blind.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by kelvyn7: 11:34am On Jan 24, 2018
angry angry angry
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by dust144(m): 11:35am On Jan 24, 2018
Tell them
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by kelvyn7: 11:36am On Jan 24, 2018
bedspread:
Hello. I just checked my inec status.If you are a registered voter, check your Voting status on the following link. It is seamless, innovative and reliable. Simply Select your:

1.) State

2.) Surname and

3.) Date of Birth

http://voterreg.inecnigeria.org

It's very important..... your card is your power

How about if yours is available but in a far state? Can it be transported to your current location by INEC?? cry
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 24, 2018
hisgrace090:
At 145naira per litter this people make around 500.000.00 gain on each tank of 45000 litters at the current price of 333naira per litter,
why the marketers are not satisfied with it is what bordered me.

333 naira per litre Where You chop stupidity sleep

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

VP Osinbajo Commissions Shared Facility For MSMEs, New Power Station In Anambra / Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False / Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.