Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,465 members, 7,801,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment (10732 Views)

2018 WAEC Marking Date And Centres Released! / Secret Ways To Kill Unemployment Forever / Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by ikorodureporta: 7:39am On Jan 24, 2018
The Lagos State Government on Tuesday said it had set up job registration/labour exchange centres to create jobs for the unemployed and underemployed residents.

The newly deployed Commissioner for the Ministry of Wealth Creation and Employment, Mrs. Uzamat Akinbile-Yussuf, who said this during a tour of some of the centres, added that the initiative would be used to train job seekers in vocational skills.

She said, “The labour exchange centres were established in all the local government areas to register unemployed graduates for skill acquisition in their areas of interest and also to provide accurate data and statistics of unemployed youths for placement in the private and public sectors. However, the wealth creation ministry will focus more on skill acquisition.

“Interested youths will be trained in the centres across the state. The beneficiary will also be empowered with start-up capital through the Lagos State Employment Trust Fund.”

The Chairman of the Ikorodu Local Government Area, Wasiu Adesina, in his welcome address, said the council was ready to collaborate with the ministry to find jobs for the trained youths in his local government area to reduce the unemployment.

The commissioner also visited the centre’s offices in the Eti-Osa and Epe councils.

Source: https://punchng.com/lagos-opens-centres-to-fight-unemployment

Lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by zakim(m): 8:04am On Jan 24, 2018
good development

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by Danchoco(m): 8:06am On Jan 24, 2018
Speechless

1 Like

Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by Nltaliban(m): 8:06am On Jan 24, 2018
In the history of Nigeria, this is the best governor so far.

Eko oni babe ooo

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by Ayo4251(m): 8:07am On Jan 24, 2018
D
Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 24, 2018
Eko oni baje

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by dermmy(m): 8:07am On Jan 24, 2018
Good one

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by sheguy(m): 8:07am On Jan 24, 2018
Lagos lead others follow

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by kings09(m): 8:07am On Jan 24, 2018
Ambode u too much

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by Moreoffaith(m): 8:07am On Jan 24, 2018
Instead make dem go register go learn some skill now na how dem go take use 350k phone in 1 month dem go dey look for up and down...

I don' kuku dey the gate wan go learn carpenter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 24, 2018
Nice one from a forward thinking govenor

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by bigwig10(m): 8:08am On Jan 24, 2018
Unemployment,Labour,bla bla bla cry
Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 24, 2018
The way to go!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by sunbbo(m): 8:11am On Jan 24, 2018
Nice, Governor Ambode is working and Lagos is moving..

Apply For Drilldeep Oil and Gas Company Limited Latest Job Recruitment (15 Positions)

Drilldeep Oil and Gas Company Limited was incorporated as an oil and gas exploration and production company with focus on west Africa and the Gulf of Guinea as its core business area. We offer world best-in-class, cost efficient and safe energy solutions in the areas of Drilling & Well maintenance, Environmental, Engineering, Inspections, Project Management, Wireline Service and Inspection Services. Drilldeep Oil and Gas Company Limited Latest Job Recruitment (15 Positions) as follows;

1.) Managing Director

Deadline: 17th February, 2018

Click Here To View Details

2.) Human Resources Manager

3.) Account Officer

4.) Company Liaison Officer

5.) Marketing Executive

6.) Receptionist

7.) Director Onshore/ Offshore

8.) Field Manager

9.) Company Secretary

10.) Foreman

Deadline: 18th February, 2018.

11.) Driver

12.) Purchasing Manager

13.) Account/Admin Manager

14.) Project Manager/Engineer

15.) Graduate Public Relations Officer

Source: http://www.ngjobseekers.com/2018/01/22/drilldeep-oil-and-gas-company-limited-latest-job-recruitment/
Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by 4words: 8:13am On Jan 24, 2018
angry

If I am Buhari, I will use Lagos as my sample project. Almost Everything in this state is mind sweetening, the developmental stride is visible to the blind and this is what we ought to be seeing in Nigeria after 3years of Mr Buhari's reign.

Lagos is on auto pilot.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 24, 2018
It is not about training them. The market is already over-saturated. Will they find them clients as well?Wonder why everyone thinks learning a vocational skill is the ultimate escape from poverty.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by RALPHOW(m): 8:16am On Jan 24, 2018
Great this is just like UK Job Centre.
After registration tax major companies in Lagos State to pay job seekers allowance of 5K to unemployed Lagos indegenes just like UK till they secure a job.
Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by OlujobaSamuel: 8:16am On Jan 24, 2018
this isnt new na, it's been on for more than a decade already, Ambode also introduced LSETF to support it in 2015.
Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by Doerstech(m): 8:17am On Jan 24, 2018
More like Skill acquisition centres Lagos need real job centres like the ones you can find in Europe where job seekers can use their facilities to look for jobs , apply for jobs and get jobs...

This is a good start

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by 4words: 8:18am On Jan 24, 2018
africangirl000:
It is not about training them. The market is already over-saturated. Will they find them clients as well?Wonder why everyone thins learning a vocational skill is the ultimate escape from poverty.
Come on use your brain, we have over 180million people in this country with yearning needs that have not been met. So what exactly do you mean by "over-saturated"

We still import the smallest of things, we still look out of this country for the fabrication or construction of somethings. Even China with her enormous Arsenal of citizens with vocational skills will not say it's over-saturated.

Now where the problem lies is that people don't make use of what they've learnt but rather still looking for the white collar jobs or how to get rich quick forgetting that everything has its gestation period.

We will get there.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by 4words: 8:25am On Jan 24, 2018
If I had learnt a skill or two before graduating from the university, I wouldn't have spent time trying to secure a job. After getting the job, the question now is, am I satisfied?

Nothing beats being empowered with skill sets to make a living for yourself other than waiting for hand-outs.

If I have the time, I will like to partake in this opportunity, there is this particular skill I am yearning for right now and I need an expert to put me through. Also, I will get to benefit directly from this government and Nigeria as a whole for the first time in my small existence.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by G1ms: 8:39am On Jan 24, 2018
Please I'm looking for a government centre that trains on agricultural skills
Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 24, 2018
Good governance brings good development
Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by Topestbilly(m): 8:45am On Jan 24, 2018
africangirl000:

You are the one who needs to use your brain. Any sensible Nigerian knows when nigerians mention "skill acquisition", it refers to the areas of fashion designing, baking, makeup artistry, bead making and the likes. If you had common sense, (which apparently you lack else you wouldn't have quoted me with insults) you would know the market is indeed oversaturated. Do you know how many bakers are on Lagos mainland alone? Do you know how many keep enrolling in vocational schools daily to learn same skill? Where is the market? You as a human, would you be willing to try out the service of someone new and untrusted when you already have a "customer"?

undecided
Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by 4words: 8:46am On Jan 24, 2018
africangirl000:

You are the one who needs to use your brain. Any sensible Nigerian knows when nigerians mention "skill acquisition", it refers to the areas of fashion designing, baking, makeup artistry, bead making and the likes. If you had common sense, (which apparently you lack else you wouldn't have quoted me with insults) you would know the market is indeed oversaturated. Do you know how many bakers are on Lagos mainland alone? Do you know how many keep enrolling in vocational schools daily to learn same skill? Where is the market? You as a human, would you be willing to try out the service of someone new and untrusted when you already have a "customer"?

First of all the skill you listed has been saturated...

fashion designing,
baking,
makeup artistry,
bead making

My question to you here is, is it better to have these skills or not having at all?

If truly they are saturated, how many have we exported to atleast countries like Ghana, Benin, Togo etc.

Not to even go too far how well are these industries grown in the whole of Nigeria and not Lagos alone(hence my 180million potential customers)

How well are we competing with the foreign counter part in this country.

If I were you, how differently can I harness these skills would be my concern so as to stand out.

I will say again, use your brain as I will equally love to use mine.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by Gkemz: 8:49am On Jan 24, 2018
That's a good idea
Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by scave(m): 8:53am On Jan 24, 2018
pls where can I locate a center close to iyana ipaja?
Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by koladebrainiac(m): 8:58am On Jan 24, 2018
so no information on how to register abi

continue ...
Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by SleekyP(m): 9:00am On Jan 24, 2018
Na lie... Them be Avengers shocked shocked
Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by scave(m): 9:01am On Jan 24, 2018
ikorodureporta:
The Lagos State Government on Tuesday said it had set up job registration/labour exchange centres to create jobs for the unemployed and underemployed residents.

The newly deployed Commissioner for the Ministry of Wealth Creation and Employment, Mrs. Uzamat Akinbile-Yussuf, who said this during a tour of some of the centres, added that the initiative would be used to train job seekers in vocational skills.

She said, “The labour exchange centres were established in all the local government areas to register unemployed graduates for skill acquisition in their areas of interest and also to provide accurate data and statistics of unemployed youths for placement in the private and public sectors. However, the wealth creation ministry will focus more on skill acquisition.

“Interested youths will be trained in the centres across the state. The beneficiary will also be empowered with start-up capital through the Lagos State Employment Trust Fund.”

The Chairman of the Ikorodu Local Government Area, Wasiu Adesina, in his welcome address, said the council was ready to collaborate with the ministry to find jobs for the trained youths in his local government area to reduce the unemployment.

The commissioner also visited the centre’s offices in the Eti-Osa and Epe councils.

Source: https://punchng.com/lagos-opens-centres-to-fight-unemployment

Lalasticlala
where can I get a centre at iyana ipaja
Re: Lagos Opens Centres To Fight Unemployment by Deglo514(f): 9:02am On Jan 24, 2018
Please how can I locate ipaja and when is the training going to commence?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Interview At A College Of Education / 2023 Census: Adhoc Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Allowances / Enugu Government Approves Employment Of 102 Resident Doctors, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.