Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,810 members, 7,798,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? (54625 Views)

What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University / If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? / Meet Lucy Akwawa, Nigeria's Most Beautiful Student, Who Sold Indomie & Egg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by makky555(f): 8:11pm On Jan 24, 2018
You're a wild thinker

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Afam4eva(m): 8:11pm On Jan 24, 2018
Friedyokes:
Boiling an egg in oil is frying nah ...so you fried the egg in its shell
Except that the oil does not touch inside the egg. So, can it still be considered frying?

3 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Benekruku(m): 8:11pm On Jan 24, 2018
Way to go is to boil the egg with petrol
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Spells(m): 8:12pm On Jan 24, 2018
This is not helping matters arising

Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by muhammed50(m): 8:12pm On Jan 24, 2018
So what did you discover??
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Flexherbal(m): 8:12pm On Jan 24, 2018
I will give it a try.
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by bettercreature(m): 8:13pm On Jan 24, 2018
Lol the next thing is to mix different weeds together
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by iamJ(m): 8:13pm On Jan 24, 2018
break egg inside boiling water, u will be amazed
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by bettercreature(m): 8:14pm On Jan 24, 2018
Benekruku:
Way to go is to boil the egg with petrol
Be careful we have many under 20s here they can try it
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 24, 2018
OpsMoniker:
Basically for the first 10 seconds it does nothing but after that the shell splits and the inside fries.

Honestly, I was expecting at least a small explosion but I was disappointed.
Have mercy on the poor chicken

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Nightking04(m): 8:18pm On Jan 24, 2018
Why not visit Quora? Here, you're on your own

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by ehizzybaba(m): 8:20pm On Jan 24, 2018
in olamide voice #awon_science_student
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Section1000: 8:21pm On Jan 24, 2018
Op

Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Alariwo2: 8:21pm On Jan 24, 2018
jerflakes:
Good

You have a scientists' curiousity

But you don't boil something inside oil though

The term, boiling, is reserved for water or water soluble liquid

Can oil give Vapor/Steam? NO!

Boiling is a phase. Chemical engineers and maybe Industrial chemists will understand this.
Water takes form of sub-cooled liquid water - Saturated liquid water - Super saturated liquid - Steam.

Boiling is more than what you do in your kitchen, you must view it on a wider scale.

And just so you know, what you did heating oil is dangerous. You might not be so lucky next time.
So be careful.
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by yommexe(m): 8:22pm On Jan 24, 2018
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by rickyrex(m): 8:22pm On Jan 24, 2018
Friedyokes:
Boiling an egg in oil is frying nah ...so you fried the egg in its shell
like say u don try am before
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by jerflakes(m): 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2018
Alariwo2:

Can oil give Vapor/Steam? NO!

Boiling is a phase. Chemical engineers and maybe Industrial chemists will understand this.
Water takes form of sub-cooled liquid water - Saturated liquid water - Super saturated liquid - Steam.

Boiling is more than what you do in your kitchen, you must view it on a wider scale.

And just so you know, what you did heating oil is dangerous. You might not be so lucky next time.
So be careful.

Bros no vex o, but no be me be the OP, I'm just the first to comment

3 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by NotComplaining: 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2018
you deep fried an egg with its shell, thats how an oyinbo will see it.
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 24, 2018
OpsMoniker:
Don't try this at home

I like your curiosity. I need wondered what would happen if I suddenly put the car in reverse while still travelling forward. Would the axle break and come off or what?
Am still waiting for the delivery of my Oshogbo weed before I try it tho.
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Abusule007: 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2018
Una dey busy dey correct the IP say them ni dey boil something inside oil. Nobody wan answer the question wey the op det ask say wetin go happen to egg wey dem put inside oil with the shell.

This nairalanders self sometimes
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2018
Hmmm..... did u tell your mother before u start wasting her oil
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Josephamstrong1(m): 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2018
Because there's boil and fry.
Different in temperature.
Different in density.
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by martineverest(m): 8:30pm On Jan 24, 2018
it will burst
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by horpeh4rea(m): 8:31pm On Jan 24, 2018
That not boiling again
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by ImadeUReadThis: 8:40pm On Jan 24, 2018
try microwaving an egg
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by ominiknowet(m): 8:41pm On Jan 24, 2018
lol..funny scientist..,also try cooking with engine oil.
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by pointstores(m): 8:42pm On Jan 24, 2018
Ask scientist
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by godfrey01(m): 8:44pm On Jan 24, 2018
so this post without image as a proof entered front page.. ohhh;hh
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Anijay1212(m): 8:45pm On Jan 24, 2018
desreek9:
lol, op i like your sense of curiosity
I love your eyes errrm... assuming that's you �
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Nightking04(m): 8:45pm On Jan 24, 2018
Follygunners:
You should try soaking a boiled egg in a full glass coke for 24hrs... See the result! smiley
STONE!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amou Haji, The World's Dirtiest Man Who Hasn't Bathed For 60Years(Photos) / Female Student Goes Blind After Slap By Principal’s Secretary [see Photos] / Graphic Photo Of Corpse Of CRUTECH Student Who Lost His Life During Pool Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.