Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN (43407 Views)

Senator Orji Kalu Constructing Roads In His Constituency (Photos) / Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: 39 Companies Express Interest In Constructing It / Rochas Building Bridges Without Iron Rods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by omusiliyu(m): 11:11am On Jan 24, 2018
President of the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) Kashim Ali yesterday said the Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha is constructing bridges without engineering design.

Ali spoke when he led members of the council on a courtesy visit to the Senate yesterday. The council was received by former Senate president, David Mark, Senators Barnabas Gemade (APC, Benue) and Ibrahim Gobir (APC, Sokoto).

He said “Tragedy is about to happen in Imo State. Bridges are being built in Imo without design; it is a disaster waiting to happen.”

Ali said the COREN could not stop the construction as the act establishing it does not empower it to take such action.

He called on the Senate to support the amendment of the council’s act to empower it to enforce findings on buildings and other construction defects.

Mark described as unfortunate the construction of bridges without engineering design, saying the Senate will support the amendment of the act to empower COREN.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/okorocha-constructing-bridges-without-design-coren.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5354262998

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by thesicilian: 11:15am On Jan 24, 2018
You can go and design it when he has finished construction.

57 Likes

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by omusiliyu(m): 11:15am On Jan 24, 2018
Tragedy is about to happen in Imo State. Bridges are being built in Imo without design; it is a disaster waiting to happen.

Ipob, Massob and Ohanaeze should please call Owelle Ndigbo to order

28 Likes

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by EASY39(m): 11:21am On Jan 24, 2018
Una Danger Dy Smell 4 Una Imo State,

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by delishpot: 11:23am On Jan 24, 2018
Wait, let the tribalists come and attend you now. They'd rather the danger happens than a perceived opposition point out a flaw in their system.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 11:24am On Jan 24, 2018
No wonder the animal said his visions are driving him crazy. Baba wan mad soon.

Okorocha be assassin

118 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by CodeTemplar: 11:26am On Jan 24, 2018
Okorocha da statue builder. He thinks bridges are like statues. I pity innocent road users.

119 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by aljharem(m): 11:43am On Jan 24, 2018
How many coren engrs can build a bridge? Lol no be Lebanese and co. The truth is that we have quack engineers in Nigeria. It is just title

23 Likes

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by comos: 12:11pm On Jan 24, 2018
aljharem:
How many coren engrs can build a bridge? Lol no be Lebanese and co. The truth is that we have quack engineers in Nigeria. It is just title

you talk as an illitrate

254 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by sekxyqueen(f): 12:50pm On Jan 24, 2018
okoroawusa made it know to imolites that he's using direct human Labour...very stupid one legged cow

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by sekxyqueen(f): 12:51pm On Jan 24, 2018
aljharem:
awusa man go and face your cows

181 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by Annie939(f): 12:52pm On Jan 24, 2018
what do you expect from okoroawusa

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by EricBloodAxe: 1:14pm On Jan 24, 2018
Statue man wants to transport innocent imolites to early graves. What a dvmb governor.

8 Likes

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by godfatherx: 7:21pm On Jan 24, 2018
I don't like Okorocha o, but COREN should shut the fvck up!
Do you mean to say all the buildings that have collapsed in the country don't have structural designs or your members in Imo State are not being carried along in the looting spree.
There are several roads in this country that are death traps, what noise have you made about those.
Bunch of thieves, pot calling kettle black.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by Nutase: 7:37pm On Jan 24, 2018
Okorocha e do too much. In Tony one weeks voice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by GavelSlam: 7:43pm On Jan 24, 2018
godfatherx:
Do you mean to say all the buildings that have collapsed in the country don't have structural designs or your members in Imo State are not being carried along in the looting spree.
There are several roads in this country that are death traps, what noise have you made about those.

I really wasn't looking at it from that perspective but I guess COREN has never been known for issuing such notices.

Sort of suspicious.

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by Agbaletu: 7:46pm On Jan 24, 2018
thesicilian:
I no fit laugh o.

14 Likes

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 24, 2018
I think the wiches that slap okorocha some time ago gave him 4 rounds this time, so that is the effect

As for COREN, they are just pained because they didnt profit from the bridges

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by smartty68(m): 9:57pm On Jan 24, 2018
I've only heard of okrika cloths not secondhanded bridge - Building substandard bridge for the detriment of the people all for his gains.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by Dee60: 9:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
THAT IS SHITHOLE ENGINEERING!

16 Likes

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by pol23: 9:59pm On Jan 24, 2018
Oloriburuku ni bobo werey yi sha!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by grandstar(m): 10:00pm On Jan 24, 2018
I hope this isn't true
Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by pol23: 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2018
godfatherx:
At least some people are talking about something.
On the bad roads, you and I should start talking about that...
Your claim as regards to their cut in the loots might be right,but it doesn't nullify their Observation.

19 Likes

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by dedons: 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2018
Apc and confusion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by annnikky(f): 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2018
His brotherhood has requested for blood so this is how to get it for them undecided

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by VonTrapp: 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2018
Lol, what a clown
Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by microjoystick: 10:02pm On Jan 24, 2018
Why would the woman beat her husband like that.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by Xzbit91: 10:02pm On Jan 24, 2018
He whom the gods want to kill, they first make mad!

Okorocha, bewarned

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 24, 2018
these
useless leaders and the idiats that voted for them are all mad.
Re: Okorocha Constructing Bridges Without Design - COREN by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:02pm On Jan 24, 2018
thesicilian:

Is that supposed to be a joke ?

Rochas is a disaster, only Kogi governor is worse.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola / I Am One Of The Unhappiest Leaders In The World – Buhari / Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.