Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe (553 Views)

Doyin Okupe And Wife Tested Positive For COVID-19. Pictured At Isolation Centre / Bauchi SUBEB Board Member Sacked For Associating With Dogara / Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by ganisucks(f): 3:55pm On Jan 24, 2018
Former aide to the immediate past President, Goodluck Jonathan, Doyin Okupe, has said that he and other politicians fromthe South West have always known that associating with the Northern political elites is regrettable.

Doyin said any Southwest politician can come out to prove him wrong adding that most northern politicians he had worked with played very selfish and parochial politics.

The former Presidential aide saidthis in a post he shared on Facebook where he maintained that the northern political elites often time, make them, the southern collaborators look like saboteurs of their people.

Doyin wrote, “I chose politics over Surgery.

“In choosing politics I also chose a party, NPN, with a national outlook than the regional party, UPN, that held sway in my geopolitical zone.

“From then, 35years ago, and now I have always choosing national parties because of my belief in Nigeria.

“I am not alone in this class of southwest nationalists. i have seniors like, Akinloye, Awotesu, Odunjo, prince adetona, M.K.O. Abiola,who are all late. Baba Akinjide is still alive and well.

”However and quite sadly I say it openly today without any fear of contradictions that with no exception, WE ALL REGRET OUR ASSOCIATION WITH THE NORTHERN POLITICAL ELITES.
http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/24/yorubas-always-regret-associating-northerners-doyin-okupe/
Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by kabeerhabe(m): 3:56pm On Jan 24, 2018
This man needs deliverance
Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by ganisucks(f): 3:57pm On Jan 24, 2018
And still the likes of Tinubu will still rush to Aso Rock for just 1000naira from Buhari. I weep for the southwest

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by bloodmoneyspita: 4:02pm On Jan 24, 2018
truth is bitter.

if you haven't been in a certain position in this country, you'll never know what this man is talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 4:04pm On Jan 24, 2018
They no they learn from their mistakes

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 24, 2018
kabeerhabe:
This man needs deliverance

Why?
Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by HeyCorleone(m): 4:07pm On Jan 24, 2018
Everyone knows the reason why the South Westerners joined with the Northerners to vote in Buhari in 2015 was because the VP was Yoruba plus Buhari looked frail SK they expected him to die soon just like what happened to Yaradua and GEJ.

Alas Baba no gree die.
Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 24, 2018
Alimi n' afonja matters.
Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by newyorks(m): 4:20pm On Jan 24, 2018
too late to cry man.
Re: Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe by Ever8054: 4:22pm On Jan 24, 2018
which regret?.... people wey dey enjoy every bit of it...

(1) (Reply)

Apc Demands Local Governments Get Scrapped / Dr Junaid Mohammed: Nepotism Of Buhari Government / If Our People Insist, We Will Go Back To PDP, Says Kwara Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.