Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa (3260 Views)

Dry Season Wheat Farming In Jigawa State (Pictures) / How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. / Flood Destroys Garba Shehu's Farm In Jigawa State (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa by agronewsng(m): 8:10pm On Jan 24, 2018
Sesame seed farming is becoming increasingly popular in Nigeria from relative obscurity. Sesame popularly known as beniseed is a short duration crop grown throughout the year where irrigation is practice. It is a warm season annual crop and is considered drought tolerant but needs good soil moisture for establishment and for height yield.

Rising from relative obscurity and being a largely abandoned and unknown crop, sesame seed currently has grown to take a leading position among key agricultural commodities of export value and that contributes immensely towards foreign exchange earning in Nigeria raking over $150 million in 2016, and expected to gross $200 million dollars in revenue at the end of the 2017 trading and export.

Currently according to reports and data from the Nigeria Export Promotion Council (NEPC) and National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), Sesame seed among other agricultural commodities of export value is now the second highest earner of foreign exchange after cocoa.

Agro News Nigeria is leading a national charge for sesame seed farming and investment in its value chain in Nigeria.

Under our farm estate model, investors and the general public are invited to invest in sesame seed / beniseed farming through our cooperative and contract farming investment plans.

Under the contract farming option, investors and the general public invest and fund a minimum 1 hectare farmland which is 100% managed by Agro News Nigeria. operations on the farm from soil analysis, development, planting, harvest and threshing is 100% handled by Agro News Nigeria using best and good agricultural practices (GAP) – giving rise to optimum yield. Produce or agreed return is handed to the investor.

In the other option - cooperative plan, investors who have the time to manage their operations can also take up lands under lease arrangement to manage farm operations in their farmlands within our farm estate. All farms are fully secured and managed by Agro News Nigeria.

Our Farms are located in Gumel Jigawa State.

We will be holding an Investors Question & Answer session in Abuja and Lagos on the 3rd & 17th February respectively. All prospective investors are invited to attend.

For Further informtion contact Agro News Nigeria; agronewsnigeria@gmail.com, Phone: 07031097516, 08124788433

For more details, visit; http://agronewsng.com/sesame-seed-farming-costs/

Find attached pictures of the farm and the projects so far.

Re: Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa by nosa2(m): 11:49am On Jan 25, 2018
I spoke to the number advertised in this post and there was a glaring red flag. The advertiser said all funds are needed by end of March so they can begin planting Sesame seed in April. The problem with this story is that Sesame seed is a late season crop. It is usually planted in September. For someone who claims to be an expert in this not to know this basic information is very suspect.

Please everyone should deal with care.

P.S I am a sesame seed farmer so I know what I am talking about

3 Likes

Re: Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa by salisy: 1:22pm On Jan 25, 2018
nosa2:
I spoke to the number advertised in this post and there was a glaring red flag. The advertiser said all funds are needed by end of March so they can begin planting Sesame seed in April. The problem with this story is that Sesame seed is a late season crop. It is usually planted in September. For someone who claims to be an expert in this not to know this basic information is very suspect.

The time of planting sesame varies according to location sir. You cant plant sesame in september in Gumel or any part of Jigawa state unless if you are ready to supplement with irrigation. The Op also erred, April is very early for sesame cultivation.

1 Like

Re: Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa by nosa2(m): 3:14pm On Jan 25, 2018
salisy:

The time of planting sesame varies according to location sir. You cant plant sesame in september in Gumel or any part of Jigawa state unless if you are ready to supplement with irrigation. The Op also erred, April is very early for sesame cultivation.

The guy stinks of fraud. He is promising a yield of approx 1 tonne per hectare. This would basically require near perfect farming conditions. The Nigerian Cereal institute in Niger State got a yield of 500kg per hectare last year. This means our guy is expecting near perfect yield.

Anyway I felt I needed to post this here because deals like these are often scams and we as a community owe it to ourselves to call them out
Re: Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa by grabben: 4:01pm On Jan 25, 2018
agronewsng:

Sesame seed farming is becoming increasingly popular in Nigeria from relative obscurity. Sesame popularly known as beniseed is a short duration crop grown throughout the year where irrigation is practice. It is a warm season annual crop and is considered drought tolerant but needs good soil moisture for establishment and for height yield.

Rising from relative obscurity and being a largely abandoned and unknown crop, sesame seed currently has grown to take a leading position among key agricultural commodities of export value and that contributes immensely towards foreign exchange earning in Nigeria raking over $150 million in 2016, and expected to gross $200 million dollars in revenue at the end of the 2017 trading and export.

Currently according to reports and data from the Nigeria Export Promotion Council (NEPC) and National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), Sesame seed among other agricultural commodities of export value is now the second highest earner of foreign exchange after cocoa.

Agro News Nigeria is leading a national charge for sesame seed farming and investment in its value chain in Nigeria.

Under our farm estate model, investors and the general public are invited to invest in sesame seed / beniseed farming through our cooperative and contract farming investment plans.

Under the contract farming option, investors and the general public invest and fund a minimum 1 hectare farmland which is 100% managed by Agro News Nigeria. operations on the farm from soil analysis, development, planting, harvest and threshing is 100% handled by Agro News Nigeria using best and good agricultural practices (GAP) – giving rise to optimum yield. Produce or agreed return is handed to the investor.

In the other option - cooperative plan, investors who have the time to manage their operations can also take up lands under lease arrangement to manage farm operations in their farmlands within our farm estate. All farms are fully secured and managed by Agro News Nigeria.

Our Farms are located in Gumel Jigawa State.

We will be holding an Investors Question & Answer session in Abuja and Lagos on the 3rd & 17th February respectively. All prospective investors are invited to attend.

For Further informtion contact Agro News Nigeria; agronewsnigeria@gmail.com, Phone: 07031097516, 08124788433

For more details, visit; http://agronewsng.com/sesame-seed-farming-costs/

Find attached pictures of the farm and the projects so far.
Click on the first link on my signature to arm yourself with the contemporary dynamics of sesame seeds export business to avoid being defrauded by the foreign buyers of your sesame seeds. Good luck!!!
Re: Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa by salisy: 4:02pm On Jan 25, 2018
nosa2:

The guy stinks of fraud. He is promising a yield of approx 1 tonne per hectare. This would basically require near perfect farming conditions. The Nigerian Cereal institute in Niger State got a yield of 500kg per hectare last year. This means our guy is expecting near perfect yield.

Anyway I felt I needed to post this here because deals like these are often scams and we as a community owe it to ourselves to call them out
That's good one of you out there. It's our responsibility to help a system work according to its design. Fraud seems to be the bane of our growth these days. People want to be rich anyhow, cheaply and easily without breaking sweat

1 Like

Re: Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa by agronewsng(m): 8:55pm On Jan 27, 2018
Nigerians are very difficult people to deal with honestly. This is a crop we have been planting for almost 4 years. Pls where in Nigeria do you grow sesame seed in September. Where? This is our third project. There is even installmental payment options up to March. If we are planting sesame by even June and you are yet to declare interest by March ending, of what need is your investment when planting has started.

We must take it easy how we want to run others down.

nosa2:

Re: Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa by agronewsng(m): 9:03pm On Jan 27, 2018
salisy:

Thank you for your reply. There is no where in the post that it says planting starts April. We had three sites in 2017. Jigawa, Nassarawa and Benue. For this year's project we are focusing only in Jigawa because of instability in Benue and land issues we had in Nassarwa.

If you are growing sesame in Benue, Taraba and Nassarwa the early planting starts Aprl. The late planting Mid July. If you are growing in Jigawa, we start Late June.

This is not guess work. This what we have done again and again. However, because the rain is unpredictable, you have to be ready by April / May, wether you are growing in Derived savannah or sudan savannah.

Agro News Nigeria is not new into the crop. It is a crop we are actually working hard to improve its yield, cultivation and development.
Re: Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa by agronewsng(m): 9:08pm On Jan 27, 2018
salisy:
That's good one of you out there. It's our responsibility to help a system work according to its design. Fraud seems to be the bane of our growth these days. People want to be rich anyhow, cheaply and easily without breaking sweat

We should take is easy and make confirmations before writing. Obviously every effort in Nigeria is a fraud. We have been working with NCRI for two years on sesame. In this years we have not gotten less than 700 - 800kg yield per hectare.

The improvements; NCRIBEN -01M actually is projected to give 1.2 - 1.5 tonne with best practise. We are doing E8 and with the experience and lessons learnt last year, we should get that.

Please again, lets be kind in criticism.

1 Like

Re: Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa by agronewsng(m): 9:16pm On Jan 27, 2018
nosa2:

Sir. Sesame is not planted in September anywhere in Nigeria. From what you wrote, you can't be a sesame seed farmer. You must be an internet farmer. Sesame seed in Benue and Nassarawa for the early crop is planted at on set of rain; April (But varies), the late crop is planted two months later; June or July.

In Jigawa, where we have over 150 hectares planted last year, planting was done in June, as the rain came earlier. Please tell me where you planted in September last year.

On funds; sir, this is our standard. We did it last year, its same this year. Anyone interested in the farm should pay by end of March. Also no one forced you to be a part of it. With farms and offices in Jigawa, Kano, Benue, Nassarwa and counting, we cannot suddenly become a fraud and scam because you didnt find the terms of subcription okay for you.

Visit NEPC Abuja or closet USAID office, visit NCRI and you know our status and history.

Please, let us be very careful the way we arrive at conclusions.

In that post, there was a mention of investor's question and answer session that is even free. You should have atleast attended before raising red flag.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 Like

Re: Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa by agronewsng(m): 9:19pm On Jan 27, 2018
salisy:

hank you for your reply. There is no where in the post that it says planting starts April. We had three sites in 2017. Jigawa, Nassarawa and Benue. For this year's project we are focusing only in Jigawa because of instability in Benue and land issues we had in Nassarwa.

If you are growing sesame in Benue, Taraba and Nassarwa the early planting starts Aprl. The late planting Mid July. If you are growing in Jigawa, we start Late June.

This is not guess work. This what we have done again and again. However, because the rain is unpredictable, you have to be ready by April / May, wether you are growing in Derived savannah or sudan savannah.

Agro News Nigeria is not new into the crop. It is a crop we are actually working hard to improve its yield, cultivation and development.
Re: Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa by nosa2(m): 6:13am On Jan 28, 2018
agronewsng:

Sir. Sesame is not planted in September anywhere in Nigeria. From what you wrote, you can't be a sesame seed farmer. You must be an internet farmer. Sesame seed in Benue and Nassarawa for the early crop is planted at on set of rain; April (But varies), the late crop is planted two months later; June or July.

In Jigawa, where we have over 150 hectares planted last year, planting was done in June, as the rain came earlier. Please tell me where you planted in September last year.

On funds; sir, this is our standard. We did it last year, its same this year. Anyone interested in the farm should pay by end of March. Also no one forced you to be a part of it. With farms and offices in Jigawa, Kano, Benue, Nassarwa and counting, we cannot suddenly become a fraud and scam because you didnt find the terms of subcription okay for you.

Visit NEPC Abuja or closet USAID office, visit NCRI and you know our status and history.

Please, let us be very careful the way we arrive at conclusions.

In that post, there was a mention of investor's question and answer session that is even free. You should have atleast attended before raising red flag.

Thanks for stopping by.

Just stop. You are obviously lying. If you plant in June what time do you harvest?

You successfully planted 150 hectares, why are you looking for funds? You should have made more than enough to finance this year's planting
Re: Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa by agronewsng(m): 8:26am On Jan 28, 2018
nosa2:

Just stop. You are obviously lying. If you plant in June what time do you harvest?

You successfully planted 150 hectares, why are you looking for funds? You should have made more than enough to finance this year's planting

Sir. Please get your facts right. Sesame is a late crop. Planting in Jigawa is June. Harvest starts early November and still runs into december depending on how early or late. The Nassarawa and Benue sesame come out early.

Your next question. If we did 150 ha last year why still need money? This is not a one off make money project. Agro News Nigeria is leading an initiative to stimulate sesame production in Nigeria. The aim is to see Nigeria achieve its potential in the production of the crop.

The major challenge to sesame production is that it is just a Northern crop (Jigawa, Nassarawa, Benue & Taraba) hence you don't get a lot of people willing to come over to the North just to farm the crop. However, at harvest most exporters from Lagos axis find out that there are less supply than their demands.

Also, another challenge is that because the production is left mainly to peasant and uneducated farmers, yield continues to be a problem as most farmers get 500 to 700kg maximum. What we have done in 2016 and 2017 shows that with best practises the yield can be increased as being done in Sudan and Ethiopia.

The project is therefore, a platform to first make available land to prospective investors. Many do not even know where to get the lands to farm the sesame in these states and the modality to go about it.

The farm estate solves two problems; land and time. Investors can actually just pay and get lands and farm themselves within each mapped portions. For those who do not have time but already know the value of the produce, they simply fund a hectare(s) and get produce or its monetary return at the end of harvest.

Our goal is to get people farm the wasting lands that are suitable for the crop's production and make the crop a prime export revenue earner for the country.

This is not a one man initiative. All prospective investors are welcome to attend our question and answer sessions in Lagos and Abuja. Those in Kano can visit our office, where daily sessions are held.

Thanks for commenting

1 Like

Re: Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa by agronewsng(m): 8:42am On Jan 28, 2018
Reoccuring questions here bothers on time of planting, yield and when to invest in the project. Lets make clarifications again, so we do not derail from the major purpose of the thread.

If Sesame is to be grown in Nassarawa or Benue, you have the option to grow it either as early or late crop, all dependent on the rain. For the early you plant in April. For the late June.

In Jigawa where we are cultivating this year, it is grown as a late crop in June. Please this is the fact. Lets not argue further.

Contemporary yield of sesame had 500 -600kg. Is this best yield? No. Why low? farmers do not employ GAP (Good Agricultural practise). Has there been an improvement? Yes. We got 800kg last year in Jigawa. Basically we got 8 bags average.

Is 800kg the best that could be got? No. Sesame is not very tolerant to weed. Again at harvest we lose a lot through shattering and not threshing right. All these corrections we should have better yield, all in all.

How the project works? If you are interested in the sesame farm projects, you can get involved by applying for a land in the farm estates. Under this option you farm yourself and responsible for GAP. We only provide security and you can rent our equipments.

The other option, you fund a minimum 1 hectare at a set fee. A first year it is more expensive, but reduces at second year because costs for land clearing, soil testing, survey and other fees in processing are removed.

This initiative aims at promoting sesame seed farming. The vision is to get Nigerians know about the potentials for the crop but also go further to offer them a platform to get started.
Re: Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa by agronewsng(m): 8:44am On Jan 28, 2018
We are having a nationwide advocacy and investor's question and answer sessions. All those interested should drop their email and locations. An email would be sent to confirm the dates for your locations.

Lagos is scheduled for the 17th of February.

Please lets all get involved.
Re: Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa by agronewsng(m): 8:47am On Jan 28, 2018
Other crops available are Cowpea and Bambara nut.

You can lease a land within the estate or fund a farm through our cooperative plans. Drop your email for further details. You can visit our offices to find out more more or visit; www.agronewsng.com
Re: Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa by Endico(m): 11:24am On Dec 31, 2018
I need 200 tons of sesame seeds. Anyone here who has the capacity to provide 200 tons monthly at a good price should contact me Via email: endicointernational@gmail.com or call/whatsapp 07032081981
Re: Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa by Jimwalex(m): 5:07pm On Jan 12, 2019
Endico:
I need 200 tons of sesame seeds. Anyone here who has the capacity to provide 200 tons monthly at a good price should contact me Via email: endicointernational@gmail.com or call/whatsapp 07032081981

Are u still interested, bro?

1 Like

Re: Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa by Abramgreen: 9:40pm On Jan 12, 2019
Nosa2,how many times have you planted sesame in Jigawa?
If your answer is no,please,shut up and read when practitioners write.

1 Like

Re: Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa by Mmlanrehh(m): 10:09am On Oct 24, 2019
Jimwalex:

Are u still interested, bro?

Give me your price for sesame seed.
Delivery to Lagos

(1) (Reply)

Can U Supply Just 10-20tons If Cassava Every Week?? / CCTV - Solar Powered Camera For Your Business, Farmland, Poultry, House 24/7 / Rice/plantain Farmland For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.