Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? (42784 Views)

How Many States Have You Visited in Nigeria And Which State Did You Enjoy Most? / Which Country Have You Visited? / Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 25, 2018
Many Nigerians are seeking greener pastures these days and with the issue of visa denials and inability of everyone to use an agent, maybe some african countries could offer solutions.

So for those who have visited or live in ECOWAS member states, come in and share your experiences. How do those countries compare to our fatherland in terms of:

Living standards,
Security,
Employment opportunities,
Cost of living,
Business, etc.

For those who have experience with non-ECOWAS states as well, you can chip in your contributions. Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by mrphysics(m): 11:43am On Jan 25, 2018
This is very necessary. Justwise, kindly move this to frontpage.

Me that the only country I have been to is Biafraland grin grin grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Kingsley1000(m): 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2018
Accra,ghana....the capital is better than abuja but the country is a real poo just like nigeria

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by zealguy40: 1:40pm On Jan 25, 2018
Biafra

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by fergusen: 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2018
angry
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by moscobabs(m): 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2018
nowhere like Nigeria

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by pawesome(m): 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2018
Hmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Firefire(m): 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2018
Not comparable...

Member States

The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is made up of fifteen member countries that are located in the Western African region. These countries have both cultural and geopolitical ties and shared common economic interest. The region of West Africa is located west of north-south axis lying close to 10° east longitude. The Atlantic Ocean forms the western as well as the southern borders of the West African region. The northern border is the Sahara Desert, with the Ranishanu Bend generally considered the northernmost part of the region. The eastern border lies between the Benue Trough, and a line running from Mount Cameroon to Lake Chad.

Colonial boundaries are still reflected in the modern boundaries between contemporary West African states, cutting across ethnic and cultural lines, often dividing single ethnic groups between two or more states. The Economic Community of West African States has defined the region of West Africa since 1999 as including the following 15 states:

• BENIN
• BURKINA FASO
• CABO VERDE
• CÔTE D'IVOIRE
• The GAMBIA
• GHANA
• GUINEA
• GUINEA BISSAU
• LIBERIA
• MALI
• NIGER
• NIGERIA
• SENEGAL
• SIERRA LEONE
• TOGO
• MAURITANIA

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by massinola(m): 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2018
United state of Aba. Far far better than Mr Trump's comparison

2 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by seunny4lif(m): 1:42pm On Jan 25, 2018
Senegal ( 5 months) :
The best west Africa for me, 90% Muslims nation but you wouldn't even know. You can slap a Soldier in Senegal no problem but do that to police officer and be ready for 4 months in Jail.
Apart from Dakar, the other areas are not much developed
NB:
Dakar is so nice but Igbo boiz has made Senegalese police to be targeting Nigerians.
They believe all Nigerians are Scammers becos that what most Nigerians in Senegal do for living.
Churches have so many programs for Scammers and vigil to help them see Magas.
Don't be surprise when you see Europeans travelling with you inside the Bus o Oooh even within the city

Niger Rep (4 months):
Nothing much diff from Northern Nigeria but Alcohol is legalized and the country own more than 4 brewery companies.
Friday's night na Club but the ladies are Nigerians.
Igbos and Yorubas girls has Oloshos

Sierra Leone ( 3 weeks):
Are you looking for easy to fuvk girls?
Sierra leone are the cheapest girls to bleep cos just buy a plate of food for them and it is finish but mehn those chicks get unbelievable ASS and they will fuvk your soul out .
Dogg style
The only food in that country is Rice and Cassava.
Every soup is around Cassava leaf shocked shocked

Guinea ( 4 days)
Those chicks over there are the most beautiful ladies in the whole West Africa. They like Nigerian guys becos of what Igbo guys are doing over there.
Once the police see a Nigerian? Money don come.
They will hold you at every check point as a Nigerian and you must pay.
The road from Mali to Guinea and from Guinea to Senegal are the worst roads, I have ever seen in my life.
Worst currency in West Africa.
3K = 270K grin
I and my friend ate rice and full Chicken and everybody was looking at our plate.

Me : How much is our bills?
Seller: 26K (I will never forget)
We : Jeus Christ, wahala dey oooooh
Seller: Its even cheap self compare to other places
We: We thought, it's was Naira but it's was useless Guinea Franc
We: Ooh 26k Guinea Franc, that's less than #1200 grin grin
We order for more Chicken and beer joor

Benin Rep (All together 1 month)
Not much fun
Same like Nigeria

Togo (2 days )

Ghana ( Just 2 days)

Burkina Faso( 1 day)

Mali ( 3 days)
That's country is too big
Travelling within the country takes days
Haba

NB: About West Africa including Nigeria
If you have money to do business then no problem but if you don't
God is your strength cheesy cheesy
Planning to visit Cape Verde but my wife is coming with me angry angry angry
Can't check out those Cape Verde chicks

214 Likes 20 Shares

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by directonpc(m): 1:42pm On Jan 25, 2018
Biafra! - Same as Nigeria. Underdeveloped
Their president is even missing. While Nigerian president is taking his time... (almost forever now)

Extra
Never run out of airtime or means to carryout transactions! Get this app thank me later.

Download the app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buildbrothers.ussdbanking

10 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 25, 2018
Warri is a very wonderful country.

6 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Agbaletu: 1:42pm On Jan 25, 2018
.....following this thread.
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Ghnaija(m): 1:42pm On Jan 25, 2018
Nice
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Lonestar124: 1:43pm On Jan 25, 2018
Liberia

24hours electricity

Your hardly find menial job here

Security is zero.some of our brothers that have business center sleep in their shop

Their ladies are quite cheap

They respect the Nigerians so much especially the educated ones
I visit one town called kakata during their election process.you won't believe me.the only doctor that conduct surgery and operation in that county is a Yoruba man

Their education sector is write off

The country is calm,liveable,peaceful and low in crime

Their officers are so corrupt

No good food here,everyday rice

Thanks to our igbo women that have restaurant here

This place is good for business and white collar jobs

A Liberian will prefer to work with foreigner than his brother

They very lazy and pompous

Majority of them live in slum

If you don't have money or connection don't come to Liberia

You will regret it

So many of our brothers are stranded in Nigeria embassy here

Thanks to helpful igbo brothers that always try to fix their brother in one or two thing to do

Liberians are always proud of Nigeria

76 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Pavore9: 1:43pm On Jan 25, 2018
Picking info.

2 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by dustar: 1:43pm On Jan 25, 2018
Every Black country has a curse..something is simply wrong with a black man.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by dejonathan(f): 1:43pm On Jan 25, 2018
Biafra

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by dynicks(m): 1:43pm On Jan 25, 2018
k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by congorasta: 1:44pm On Jan 25, 2018
Biafra

1 Like

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by idu1(m): 1:44pm On Jan 25, 2018
Make I dey wait for people that ll come to compare nigeria with Guinea Bissau

6 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by FakoMaybach1: 1:45pm On Jan 25, 2018
Many people are joking with this, but it is not funny. Buhari will rig 2019 election and most will be forced to leave Nigeria en masse.

Me for one will leave, abeg which country can our certificates get a decent job

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by bigplayerz(m): 1:45pm On Jan 25, 2018
Am looking for the person that would say rubbish..like Amelica,Costa Lica/..like if you code and share if we are thinking alike

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by MRAKBEE(m): 1:45pm On Jan 25, 2018
Nothing is wrong with our race.. We are not ready to face reality by developing our resources for maximum result..
We believe in borrow borrow

5 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by joystickextendr: 1:47pm On Jan 25, 2018
Okay

Meanwhile Guy's check out my profile for your extender products and other adult fantasy toy's..
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by BedLam: 1:47pm On Jan 25, 2018
Hello Op. I have been so some West African countries and when you talk of comparisons, I'm going to list a few things.
Overall, we have money than any other ECOWAS member and they sort of look up to us , only that we aren't exercising our influence because we can't still put our lives together.

In terms of security, Nigeria is nothing to write about ( You hardly hear of robberies in Ghana except the minor ones).

Ease of doing business is higher in Ghana and other places than in Nigeria.

Cost of living is higher. Petrol is sold for more than 300 naira per liter.

VAT is about 17.5. So that sort of make things expensive. But the peace is lasting and easy with basic amenities like water and power.

Other ECOWAS countries are more law abiding than Nigerians. I am using Ghana as an example because I live here more than any other ECOWAS countries, not including Nigeria. A Ghanaian driver obeys traffic laws and knows should stop at zebra crossing.

More stable democracy.

Employment is a no no. Most of other ecowas citizens are docile and nothing pushes them in life. They are very much contented and barely think outside the box.

They just want to be employed and earn what they can use to feed their families and nothing more.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by kennosklint(m): 1:47pm On Jan 25, 2018
Africa no follow except Morocco

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by blackpanda: 1:47pm On Jan 25, 2018
Kingsley1000:
Accra,ghana....the capital is better than abuja but the country is a real poo just like nigeria

LIES! aCCRA CAN never BE BETTER THAN ABUJA

48 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by ChineseBuggati3(m): 1:47pm On Jan 25, 2018
sad
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by tstx(m): 1:48pm On Jan 25, 2018
Firefire:
Not comparable...

Member States

The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is made up of fifteen member countries that are located in the Western African region. These countries have both cultural and geopolitical ties and shared common economic interest. The region of West Africa is located west of north-south axis lying close to 10° east longitude. The Atlantic Ocean forms the western as well as the southern borders of the West African region. The northern border is the Sahara Desert, with the Ranishanu Bend generally considered the northernmost part of the region. The eastern border lies between the Benue Trough, and a line running from Mount Cameroon to Lake Chad.

Colonial boundaries are still reflected in the modern boundaries between contemporary West African states, cutting across ethnic and cultural lines, often dividing single ethnic groups between two or more states. The Economic Community of West African States has defined the region of West Africa since 1999 as including the following 15 states:

• BENIN
• BURKINA FASO
• CABO VERDE
• CÔTE D'IVOIRE
• The GAMBIA
• GHANA
• GUINEA
• GUINEA BISSAU
• LIBERIA
• MALI
• NIGER
• NIGERIA
• SENEGAL
• SIERRA LEONE
• TOGO
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by fatboislim(m): 1:48pm On Jan 25, 2018
They are all shithole countries.

13 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Ifesinachi22(m): 1:50pm On Jan 25, 2018
Panya. 24hr power supply. very friendly sort of people

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Amaechi Travels By Train From Abuja To Kaduna International Airport (Photos) / 350ft Tall Artificial Waterfall On The Outside Of A Skyscraper In China(Photos) / Work Ongoing At Anambra Airport, Umueri (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.