Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense (3177 Views)

What Are The Words In The Bible That Scare You Most As A Christian? / See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) / My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 25, 2018
MoR2:
na wa o see accusation shocked. anyway back to the matter

hosea 4:6 my people perish for not knowing. i.e God's own people o.

all have sinned, see you can assume who I am but don't assume who God is and what he will do.

Grace it's self is a chance, it's an opportunity it's God given. if God doesnt give it how will you have it?

now you said the bible said till 'everyone' hears the gospel. where did you get that from?

you mentioned reincarnation gospel

lemme just laugh in pidgin grin

That was old testament oga, why do you lots like bringing old testament to back up these outdated claims.

Mathew 24:14

Everyone has such grace by the death of Jesus Christ, it was old testament that it was by law. The grace is everywhere, more to others but everyone will see the grace of God given how well receptive they are of it.

Reincarnation, every soul that dies without knowing God will reborn again until it does. The soul never dies or changes until the final judgement which is by God himself.

This discourse we are having here is a grace to those whose mind are opened to him. Its also grace to those who are still yet undecided by him.
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by soj95: 6:11pm On Jan 25, 2018
according to 1st Samuel chapter 15 vs 1-3 where samuel said God commanded him to tell Saul to attack the amalekites and kill everything including men and women children and babies. ..cattle sheep camels and donkeys. did God authorize a genocide or was samuel and israel out for some hidden agenda join this discussion on viewzhub.com/religion.php I want all Christians to come and clarify things for us ...
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 25, 2018
This verse and this question doesn’t really match. But, be it as it may….

This is the reason why it’s taking eons for Jesus to wrap this up. Because, a lot more people need to hear. See, why I respect the JWs. At least (in theory), they understand the mandate to “go into all nations”. ……how can they believe, if they have not heard, how can they hear, without a preacher…and how can one preach, lest they be sent. (Rom. 10:14).

But simple answer is: if you haven’t heard the gospel, you cannot bear the consequences.
Babies (and those who are unable to) cannot go to hell because they haven’t come of age (or knowledge) where they can hear or unable to comprehend, then decide.

For all those in the past before the era of Jesus, and those of today’s world who have not heard, well, only God in wisdom, will determine their fate.

You needn’t worry about that though, worry about working out your salvation, and then doing what you can to “be an ambassador of Christ” or as JW will call it a “witness for the gospel”.

Perhaps you should heed the call of God on your life. I sense you are being nudged to.

Emmytes:

John 3:16. '

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life'.

This means that if I don't believe in Jesus christ( Gods son) I will burn forever in hell, Correct?

My confusion is What happens to the billions of people on earth from the time of Jesus until his gospel of salvation reached the entire earth like the Africans, Asians etc.

Bear it in mind that there are many alive today that will live and die without ever hearing of Jesus Christ. Will they burn in hell too? How does one believe in someone that they have never heard of?!?

Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 25, 2018
Gungnir:

Fact....
prove it . .
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by MoR2(m): 8:42pm On Jan 25, 2018
Gungnir:

That was old testament oga, why do you lots like bringing old testament to back up these outdated claims.

Mathew 24:14

Everyone has such grace by the death of Jesus Christ, it was old testament that it was by law. The grace is everywhere, more to others but everyone will see the grace of God given how well receptive they are of it.

Reincarnation, every soul that dies without knowing God will reborn again until it does. The soul never dies or changes until the final judgement which is by God himself.

This discourse we are having here is a grace to those whose mind are opened to him. Its also grace to those who are still yet undecided by him.
matt 24:14 says in all the world not to everyone like you kept saying. cheesy

saving grace! ehmm anyway am not here to teach you God's grace but bro which wan be this your reincarnation gospel. abeg answer me where is bible verse you got that from or who taught it to you and the teaching, or the vision you saw of it.
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 25, 2018
MoR2:
matt 24:14 says in all the world not to everyone like you kept saying. cheesy

saving grace! ehmm anyway am not here to teach you God's grace but bro which wan be this your reincarnation gospel. abeg answer me where is bible verse you got that from or who taught it to you and the teaching, or the vision you saw of it.

To all the world and all the nations, what is the difference? Why do.you keep thinking God will not give those who are his a fair chance? Because I know there are those who don't belong to God but roam the earth as part of humans too.

If I tell you, you won't believe it...
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by MoR2(m): 6:05am On Jan 26, 2018
Gungnir:

To all the world and all the nations, what is the difference? Why do.you keep thinking God will not give those who are his a fair chance? Because I know there are those who don't belong to God but roam the earth as part of humans too.

If I tell you, you won't believe it...
are you in my mind now that you know what am thinking? Besides am not speculating about those who are God's and those who are not.
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 26, 2018
MoR2:
are you in my mind now that you know what am thinking? Besides am not speculating about those who are God's and those who are not.

I have met the most high speaking through a human.
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by Emmytes(m): 8:24am On Jan 26, 2018
Christians arguing over doctrines of their own religion yet they worship the same God. cheesy
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by hopefulLandlord: 8:33am On Jan 26, 2018
Emmytes:
Christians arguing over doctrines of their own religion yet they worship the same God. cheesy
and talks to the same holy spirit who reveals "truth" to them; apparently "Truths" contradict themselves

2 Likes

Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by dalaman: 8:53am On Jan 26, 2018
Gungnir:
The ones before Christ came are not subjected to such,it's the one after Christ came that are subjected to such.

Before Christ, it was by the Laws laid down and offering of sacrifices to God that it all operated.

Now to.those that are yet to hear of Christ, it is already said that the earth will not come to end until everyone has heard of Christ/gospel before the earth will come to end. There is no way Christianity is unheard of or will be unheard of, it is one of the most popular religion in the world. It is tied to one of the most dominant monarchy in the world, that is the British monarch. It is also tied to the most strongest country and super power in the world that is America. It also has its name of its supreme being on the back of the most popular international currency, that is most widely used for foreign exchange, that is the dollar.

It also stands very symbolic at the Vatican, St Peter's the Basilica. Christianity is everywhere...

Please stop throwing empty assumptions around.

Christianity is not know to millions of people world wide.

What is the name of the Supreme being written on the dollar? God is NOT a name for a supreme but a tittle.

Go to India, there are many people that have never heard the word Jesus living in India. I have personally met some of them. In fact some years ago CBN the christian broadcasting Network aired a program about a guy that went to South Korea and meet many people that have never heared the word Jesus in their lives. Go to Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, China, Buthan, North Korea, Thailand etc you'll see hundreds of millions that have never heard the word Jesus in their lives. Move around and stop living on assumptions

3 Likes

Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by Emmytes(m): 9:05am On Jan 26, 2018
dalaman:

What is the name of the Supreme being written on the dollar? God is NOT a name for a supreme but a tittle.

Go to India, there are many people that have never heard the word Jesus living in India. I have personally met some of them. In fact some years ago CBN the christian broadcasting Network aired a program about a guy that went to South Korea and meet many people that have never heared the word Jesus in their lives. Go to Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, China, Buthan, North Korea, Thailand etc you'll see hundreds of millions that have never heard the word Jesus in their lives. Move around and stop living on assumptions

So this begs the question, what happens to these millions of people and may never get to hear about JC till they die? Would they be punished for what they know nothing about ?!?
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by AntiNormal(m): 9:06am On Jan 26, 2018
MoR2:
wait cheesy you think sin is our fault grin. anyway the answer is yes, even a baby conceived in sin.

Even a baby too?
That literally doesn't know its left from its right will go to hell too?
And you're still proud to be a Christian?
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by AntiNormal(m): 9:08am On Jan 26, 2018
Xiadnat:
This verse and this question doesn’t really match. But, be it as it may….

This is the reason why it’s taking eons for Jesus to wrap this up. Because, a lot more people need to hear. See, why I respect the JWs. At least (in theory), they understand the mandate to “go into all nations”. ……how can they believe, if they have not heard, how can they hear, without a preacher…and how can one preach, lest they be sent. (Rom. 10:14).

But simple answer is: if you haven’t heard the gospel, you cannot bear the consequences.
Babies (and those who are unable to) cannot go to hell because they haven’t come of age (or knowledge) where they can hear or unable to comprehend, then decide.

For all those in the past before the era of Jesus, and those of today’s world who have not heard, well, only God in wisdom, will determine their fate.

You needn’t worry about that though, worry about working out your salvation, and then doing what you can to “be an ambassador of Christ” or as JW will call it a “witness for the gospel”.

Perhaps you should heed the call of God on your life. I sense you are being nudged to.

Well said...
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by dalaman: 9:23am On Jan 26, 2018
Emmytes:

So this begs the question, what happens to these millions of people and may never get to hear about JC till they die? Would they be punished for what they know nothing about ?!?

Those that speak on behalf of their God have already told you. One said they will be punished the other said they won't be punished.
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by MoR2(m): 10:12am On Jan 26, 2018
AntiNormal:

Even a baby too? That literally doesn't know its left from its right will go to hell too? And you're still proud to be a Christian?
yep.
yes. any other question?
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by MoR2(m): 10:21am On Jan 26, 2018
Emmytes:
doctors argue medicine yet they studied the same courses undecided
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by Emmytes(m): 10:23am On Jan 26, 2018
MoR2:
doctors argue medicine yet they studied the same courses undecided

So what's your point,

Is Christianity a profession?
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by Emmytes(m): 10:25am On Jan 26, 2018
MoR2:

yep.

yes. any other question?
m

Your God must be a sick rètard,

He needs psychiatric attention
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by MoR2(m): 10:25am On Jan 26, 2018
Xiadnat how did you derive your conclusion of the fate of dead babies from romans 10:14
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by MoR2(m): 10:28am On Jan 26, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
and talks to the same holy spirit who reveals "truth" to them; apparently "Truths" contradict themselves
and if person tell you say them speak to governor yday you go believe am. what does that make you, gullible or what cheesy
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by MoR2(m): 10:31am On Jan 26, 2018
Emmytes:
m

Your God must be a sick rètard,

He needs psychiatric attention
have you met him before? do you know who my God is?

or did you just quote the wrong moniker

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by AntiNormal(m): 10:34am On Jan 26, 2018
MoR2:

yep.

yes. any other question?

No. Thank you. I've heard enough.
I don't really believe in hell, but if there is one, you have an assured place in it. If there isn't, one will be made just for you...
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by MoR2(m): 10:34am On Jan 26, 2018
Emmytes:

So what's your point,

Is Christianity a profession?
the correct question should have been do people learn about God?
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by AntiNormal(m): 10:37am On Jan 26, 2018
MoR2:

yep.

yes. any other question?

You're okay with a baby that didn't do anything wrong burning in hell forever and freaking ever. A baby! A freaking baby! That literally doesn't know anything about anything...
And you're proud to say it...
Hell...
If that's what your God does, and you're happy to serve Him, then you need serious medication....
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 26, 2018
dalaman:

There is no way Christianity is unheard of or will be unheard of Meaning eventually it will get to everyone...

Understand and comprehend before you start jumping into conclusions...

Oh i see you an atheist. Imagine saying God is a title? Smh...
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by MoR2(m): 10:39am On Jan 26, 2018
AntiNormal:

No. Thank you. I've heard enough.
I don't really believe in hell, but if there is one, you have an assured place in it. If there isn't, one will be made just for you...
very funny grin it's not like i didn't deserve hell in the first place. so why have you taken offense with me
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by hopefulLandlord: 10:39am On Jan 26, 2018
MoR2:
and if person tell you say them speak to governor yday you go believe am. what does that make you, gullible or what cheesy

I hope you're not reducing holy spirit to the level of fallible human governors?
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 26, 2018
AntiNormal:

You're okay with a baby that didn't do anything wrong burning in hell forever and freaking ever. A baby! A freaking baby! That literally doesn't know anything about anything...
And you're proud to say it...
Hell...
If that's what your God does, and you're happy to serve Him, then you need serious medication....

He is trolling. I suspect he is an atheist.
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by AntiNormal(m): 10:41am On Jan 26, 2018
MoR2:
very funny grin it's not like i didn't deserve hell in the first place. so why have you taken offense with me

Because you are... *inhale... Nope... Not gonna say it... *slowly exhales... Have a nice life...
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by AntiNormal(m): 10:42am On Jan 26, 2018
Gungnir:

He is trolling. I suspect he is an atheist.
He's mentally unhinged is what he is... Ah crud... I said it...
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by MoR2(m): 10:46am On Jan 26, 2018
Emmytes:

an ancient story recorded in the bible about noah's ark.

did people die because they didn't know about the ark?

o don't worry if the question is hard for you to answer and explain your reason.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

THE BATTLE GROUND short Movies Part 2 / Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest / "What Is The History Of Christianity?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.