Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,267 members, 7,780,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:20 PM

A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense (3133 Views)

What Are The Words In The Bible That Scare You Most As A Christian? / See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) / My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by MoR2(m): 10:59am On Jan 26, 2018
AntiNormal:

You're okay with a baby that didn't do anything wrong burning in hell forever and freaking ever. A baby! A freaking baby! That literally doesn't know anything about anything...
And you're proud to say it...
Hell...
If that's what your God does, and you're happy to serve Him, then you need serious medication....
1. even if am not ok with it, what am i going to do about.
2. you don't get it, we were all going to die in the first place but Jesus did something about it.

if an earthquake happens will death select the old and leave the young. grin

even the rescue team can't save everybody. you get emotional, you get angry who do you then hate, the rescue team or the earthquake.

3. do you even know why all men deserve death. you think death respects age.

4. pride!? pride... pride is when you don't release the true state of your life and refuse the help then hate and blame everyone else but yourself.
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by AntiNormal(m): 11:07am On Jan 26, 2018
MoR2:
1. even if am not ok with it, what am i going to do about.
2. you don't get it, we were all going to die in the first place but Jesus did something about it.

if an earthquake happens will death select the old and leave the young. grin

even the rescue team can't save everybody. you get emotional, you get angry who do you then hate, the rescue team or the earthquake.

3. do you even know why all men deserve death. you think death respects age.

4. pride!? pride... pride is when you don't release the true state of your life and refuse the help then hate and blame everyone else but yourself.

1. Not be proud about it?
2. And what, pray tell, did he do about it?
3. We don't deserve death. We die because we're human.
4. Okay. That made no sense to me...

Dude... Let's just drop this... Before one of us ruins the other's day...
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by MoR2(m): 11:11am On Jan 26, 2018
we humans are funny. o babies are so innocent, one hears us speak and one thinks o we are so kind, we are better than that wicked God.

but pause, how many babies or kids have these people who love with only their lips saved. yet they walk through the streets seeing babies with their poor mothers dying on the streets and they do nothing.

their deciet is clear for all to see that even though they claim to care they honestly don't a damn.
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by AntiNormal(m): 11:19am On Jan 26, 2018
MoR2:
we humans are funny. o babies are so innocent, one hears us speak and one thinks o we are so kind, we are better than that wicked God.

but pause, how many babies or kids have these people who love with only their lips saved. yet they walk through the streets seeing babies with their poor mothers dying on the streets and they do nothing.

their deciet is clear for all to see that even though they claim to care they honestly don't a damn.

So does this make it okay for babies to go to hell?
O.o
Besides, if God is so good and kind why doesn't he do anything? Why is he waiting for us who as you said 'don't give a damn' to do his job for him?
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by MoR2(m): 11:26am On Jan 26, 2018
AntiNormal:

1. Not be proud about it?
2. And what, pray tell, did he do about it?
3. We don't deserve death. We die because we're human.
4. Okay. That made no sense to me...

Dude... Let's just drop this... Before one of us ruins the other's day...
1. who said i was proud about it, you made that statement all on your own.
2. he died that you might live. an eternal life with no death, with no pain cheesy.
3. grin we don't deserve death but we die grin because we are human

to you: we are human that don't deserve to die.

grin cheesy well that explains your respone in number 4.

do you feel offended, you feel it's unfair. you getting what you don't deserve. an anger against such cruelty.

it's funny isn't the first person to kill was never God, the first person to die didn't deserve to. man brought death to the earth upon himself.

that pride that tells you i don't deserve to die, is what makes you not know God.
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by MoR2(m): 11:37am On Jan 26, 2018
AntiNormal:

So does this make it okay for babies to go to hell?
O.o
Besides, if God is so good and kind why doesn't he do anything? Why is he waiting for us who as you said 'don't give a damn' to do his job for him?
God is saving the people He wants to save. even in the medical field babies that everyone think is going to die stills survives.

God can keep anyone alive and reach anyone with his word. God does not gamble, He does not lose if He has chosen to save someone even from the womb NOTHING can stop Him.

Just as your parents don't owe you an explanation for having sex and having you, God doesn't owe any man an explanation for saving them and rejecting others. grin
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by AntiNormal(m): 11:43am On Jan 26, 2018
MoR2:

yep.

i
yes. any other question?

1. You did... Right here...

MoR2:
1. who said i was proud about it, you made that statement all on your own.
2. he died that you might live. an eternal life with no death, with no pain cheesy.
3. grin we don't deserve death but we die grin because we are human

to you: we are human that don't deserve to die.

grin cheesy well that explains your respone in number 4.

do you feel offended, you feel it's unfair. you getting what you don't deserve. an anger against such cruelty.

it's funny isn't the first person to kill was never God, the first person to die didn't deserve to. man brought death to the earth upon himself.

that pride that tells you i don't deserve to die, is what makes you not know God.

2. Unless I go to hell, in which case it's an eternity of pain and suffering, right?
3. You misunderstood that, just like I knew you would. We don't deserve death, because we didn't subscribe to this life. After all, nobody asked to be born.
We die because we are human. As in mortal...
4. I don't feel offended. You arrived at that conclusion all by yourself...
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by AntiNormal(m): 11:47am On Jan 26, 2018
MoR2:
God is saving the people He wants to save. even in the medical field babies that everyone think is going to die stills survives.

God can keep anyone alive and reach anyone with his word. God does not gamble, He does not lose if He has chosen to save someone even from the womb NOTHING can stop Him.

Just as your parents don't owe you an explanation for having sex and having you, God doesn't owe any man an explanation for saving them and rejecting others. grin

So, what happens to the people he doesn't want to save?
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by MoR2(m): 12:00pm On Jan 26, 2018
AntiNormal:

1. You did... Right here...
2. Unless I go to hell, in which case it's an eternity of pain and suffering, right?
3. You misunderstood that, just like I knew you would. We don't deserve death, because we didn't subscribe to this life. After all, nobody asked to be born.
We die because we are human. As in mortal...
4. I don't feel offended. You arrived at that conclusion all by yourself...
4. you are proud to say it, is a conclusive statement unlike do you feel offended which is a question you can refute. cheesy i wasn't making a conclusion.

even in 3. you said you knew i would, for someone who claims to already know how i would interpret it you sure seem slow in accepting differing views and that human knowledge is limited especially limited to what we are told. saying a mortal doesn't deserve is like saying rain doesn't deserve to fall down. yet what is your reason?
2. rewrite that question
1. shocked by answering yes, is that how you reason
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by AntiNormal(m): 12:05pm On Jan 26, 2018
MoR2:
4. you are proud to say it, is a conclusive statement unlike do you feel offended which is a question you can refute. cheesy i wasn't making a conclusion.

even in 3. you said you knew i would, for someone who claims to already know how i would interpret it you sure seem slow in accepting differing views and that human knowledge is limited especially limited to what we are told. saying a mortal doesn't deserve is like saying rain doesn't deserve to fall down. yet what is your reason?
2. rewrite that question
1. shocked by answering yes, is that how you reason

You know what?
I just realized that I don't have to argue with you...
So, you win...
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by MoR2(m): 12:06pm On Jan 26, 2018
AntiNormal:

So, what happens to the people he doesn't want to save?
a rhetorical question. what happens to people God doesn't save?
they continue staying with the devil.
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by MoR2(m): 12:09pm On Jan 26, 2018
AntiNormal:

You know what? I just realized that I don't have to argue with you... So, you win...
win what! undecided was it a competition shocked
thought i was just answering your questions grin
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by AntiNormal(m): 12:18pm On Jan 26, 2018
MoR2:
win what! undecided was it a competition shocked
thought i was just answering your questions grin

Fine... You don't win... Happy?
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by dalaman: 2:14pm On Jan 26, 2018
Gungnir:

There is no way Christianity is unheard of or will be unheard of Meaning eventually it will get to everyone...

Understand and comprehend before you start jumping into conclusions...

Oh i see you an atheist. Imagine saying God is a title? Smh...

Christianity is unheard of in many parts of the world. Stop assuming. God is a tittle and not a name.
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 26, 2018
dalaman:

Christianity is unheard of in many parts of the world. Stop assuming. God is a tittle and not a name.

undecided
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by cotzywitzy(m): 3:56pm On Jan 26, 2018
Emmytes:

Some where, some place there are people who have not heard of JC. There are still places in the world which have not seen civilization.

And people die everyday... So what happens to those who don't hear it and have died ?

Those that die without hearing about Jesus would be judge by their good deeds or bad..
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by INFOBIZ3: 3:58pm On Jan 26, 2018
Emmytes:

John 3:16. '

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life'.

This means that if I don't believe in Jesus christ( Gods son) I will burn forever in hell, Correct?

My confusion is What happens to the billions of people on earth from the time of Jesus until his gospel of salvation reached the entire earth like the Africans, Asians etc.

Bear it in mind that there are many alive today that will live and die without ever hearing of Jesus Christ. Will they burn in hell too? How does one believe in someone that they have never heard of?!?

it's the truth you need to believe it
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by Emmytes(m): 3:59pm On Jan 26, 2018
INFOBIZ3:

it's the truth you need to believe it

What's the truth
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by INFOBIZ3: 4:10pm On Jan 26, 2018
Emmytes:

What's the truth
what the bible says in the verse you quoted
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by Niflheim(m): 4:11pm On Jan 26, 2018
@Emmytes,

John 3:16 should have read:......................................................................... "For god so loved a married woman, that he impregnated her, that whosoever should believe in god's girlfriend, shall be called Catholic!!!"
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by Emmytes(m): 4:16pm On Jan 26, 2018
INFOBIZ3:

what the bible says in the verse you quoted

I'm not disputing what the verse says... Didn't you understand my question?
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by adebayoadeyiga(m): 9:15pm On Jan 26, 2018
U mean in this world, plz name that country cry
Emmytes:

Some where, some place there are people who have not heard of JC. There are still places in the world which have not seen civilization.

And people die everyday... So what happens to those who don't hear it and have died ?
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by Alexanderobi: 10:00pm On Jan 26, 2018
Emmytes:

Hmmn bcus of dis topic some xtia brodas have been avoiding me cus i challenged dem to d truth.....
Bros d from what i read in d bible, remember after christ ressurection tombs of the saints where opened and they all came out some of them didnt believe in jesus bfore their death Abraham etc. Now going to the book of peter d Bible said Jesus went to preach to the Spirits in prison in abrahams bossom. So i believe God might still n doing that.dats my own undetstanding though
Re: A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense by PSTEMMA1960(m): 10:28pm On Jan 26, 2018
Emmytes:

John 3:16. '

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life'.

This means that if I don't believe in Jesus christ( Gods son) I will burn forever in hell, Correct?

My confusion is What happens to the billions of people on earth from the time of Jesus until his gospel of salvation reached the entire earth like the Africans, Asians etc.

Bear it in mind that there are many alive today that will live and die without ever hearing of Jesus Christ. Will they burn in hell too? How does one believe in someone that they have never heard of?!?

those who died b4 christ died in the days of ignorance, and the bible says that in the time of ignorance that God overlooks, bt now he is calling all men to come to repentace..

as for those that are still alive that have nt heard about him, God can't condemn them because they did nt hear about him, bt God is going to judge them using thier conscience..

every human is born with the knowledge of,good and evil, the law of moses had nt yet been giving when joseph was a slave in egypt, bt he knew that it was nt right to sleep with another mans wife, bt at the same time his elder brother ruben slept with his father concubine..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Happens After Death? / How Can I Know If I Am Going To Heaven? / Why Do Catholics Confess Their Sins To Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.