Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,217 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Grumpy Cat Owner Awarded Over $700,000 In Lawsuit. Cat Still Won’t Smile. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Grumpy Cat Owner Awarded Over $700,000 In Lawsuit. Cat Still Won’t Smile. (767 Views)

Good Old Memories To Make You Smile (Throwback Pictures) / I Won’t Quit New Marriage, Woman Who Married Daughter’s Boyfriend Vows / I Won’t Dance Unclad In Village Over Adultery – Wife Tells Court, Seeks Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Grumpy Cat Owner Awarded Over $700,000 In Lawsuit. Cat Still Won’t Smile. by satelliteDISH(m): 2:37pm On Jan 25, 2018
feline with a furry frown — is a minor celebrity that capitalized on the popularity of memes in 2012 as a perpetual sourpuss . One of the most famous images of the cat , for example , was overlaid with the text , “ I had fun once . It was awful . ”
To her owner , Tabatha Bundesen of Morristown , Ariz . , she was a cash cow and lifeline . The cat ’ s unexpected fame allowed Bundesen to quit her job waitressing at Red Lobster , according to the Hollywood Reporter .
She later formed Grumpy Cat Limited , monetizing the dour kitty .

The company has produced a line of branded clothing , pillows , mugs , pens , bags and books “ written ” by the unhappy cat , including a New York Times bestseller . The cat herself — real name : Tardar Sauce — has appeared on “ Today , ” “ Good Morning America ” and even “ American Idol . ” She has starred in a commercial for Honey Nut Cheerios and became an official “ spokescat” for Nestle’ s Friskies cat food in 2013 , CNN Money
reported .
It ’ s been reported that the company raked in anywhere from $ 1 million to $ 100 million in its first few years in existence.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/01/24/grumpy-cat-owners-awarded-over-700000-in-lawsuit-cat-still-wont-smile/?utm_term=.9cd9a4bea34b

Re: Grumpy Cat Owner Awarded Over $700,000 In Lawsuit. Cat Still Won’t Smile. by spinna: 3:08pm On Jan 25, 2018
I love smart ideas like this.

(1) (Reply)

How I Got Disvirgined / Ditto / I Want To Mind My Business And I Don't Want To.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.