Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,058 members, 7,807,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Short But Sad Story: The Scorpion And The Turtle - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short But Sad Story: The Scorpion And The Turtle (513 Views)

Hilarious But Sad / The Scorpion And The Frog Story / It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Short But Sad Story: The Scorpion And The Turtle by Johnakwehblog(m): 4:08pm On Jan 25, 2018
Source: https://johnakweh..com/2018/01/short-but-sad-story-scorpion-and-turtle.html

Once upon a time, the scorpion wanted to cross the river. It noticed a turtle on the rock and begged the turtle to ferry it across the river where it could find some succulent green vegetation.
The turtle asked, "How can i be sure you will not sting my neck?" "Don't be silly," the scorpion shouted back, "If i did that, we would both drown." The turtle was persuaded and so they both swam (with the scorpion strapped to the turtle's back) towards the green vegetation. When they were almost at the end of the river, contrary to its promise, the scorpion stung the turtle on the neck. Struggling to make it to the riverbank and gasping, the turtle with a look of betrayal asked the scorpion, "Why did you do this to me?" Jumping off from the turtle's back to safety on the land, he replied, "I thought you might dive under the water and drown me."
What did you learn guys? I learnt that people find it very hard to trust others.

(1) (Reply)

He Earned It / FICTION: On A Date With Her - Ayoola Olugbenga Daniel / A Bed Of Secret

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.