Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Edo LG Council Polls: Very Peaceful Party Primaries - APC Scribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo LG Council Polls: Very Peaceful Party Primaries - APC Scribe (350 Views)

APC Releases Obaseki’s WAEC Result, 5 Others Ahead Of Party’s Primaries / Apc Sweeps 27 Jigawa Lg Council Poll, As Pdp, Sdp Kick / Wike Sacks Two LG Council Bosses Over Non-participation At Jubillee Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo LG Council Polls: Very Peaceful Party Primaries - APC Scribe by OdionAkghigbe: 5:22pm On Jan 25, 2018
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo State has discredited reports that the party primaries held yesterday, January 24, were marred by crisis in some local government areas in the state, insisting that the exercise was not only peaceful but that the outcome demonstrated the will of the people.

In a statement, the Publicity Secretary of the APC in the state, Mr. Chris Azebamwan said reports that there was crisis during the exercise at Egor local government secretariat were “blown out of proportion,” and was the figment of the imagination of mischief makers who saw crisis where there was none.

He added that, "as in all contests, there were disagreements, which were resolved amicably among party members."

According to him, “The party primary elections across the different parts of the state were generally peaceful and we appreciate all members of the party for conducting themselves as responsible and law-abiding citizens throughout the exercise.

“The conduct of the primaries is a departure from what obtained in the past when the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) held sway. Time was when primaries in this state were marred by violence. People were killed on election days. An exercise was never concluded without a bloodbath and reports of maiming of innocent people or violent clashes by rival gangs hired by those in the opposition today.

“But I am sure many people in this state weren’t even aware of that the primary elections of Wednesday because of the calmness and peace that reigned while the exercise lasted. We are glad we have exited the era of violence, and we discourage media reports that exaggerate, inflate and sensationalize events to increase viewership. It is a cheap tactic and discerning professionals know the difference between responsible reportage and a deliberate effort to discredit a fact.”

He continued, “With the results, we are convinced that the people had the final say and have chosen candidates that will swell the fortunes of the party as well as ferry the party to victory in the forthcoming polls.”

Noting that disagreement or incident does not translate to crisis, he said, “We are convinced that the reports are the handiwork of mischief makers who are looking for crisis and division where there is none.

“I dare reiterate that the exercise was peaceful, free and fair and many of the party members will attest to this. The pictures are everywhere in the newspapers where the party members dutifully queued to cast their votes. So, we wonder where the crisis came from.”

Azebamwan called on socially responsible reportage by the media especially as the March 3 polls draw close, urging residents in the state to come out en masse to exercise their franchise.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo LG Council Polls: Very Peaceful Party Primaries - APC Scribe by Suniyamu: 5:35pm On Jan 25, 2018
Unlike in the past, everything went so well. Shame to all detractors still in this state.
Re: Edo LG Council Polls: Very Peaceful Party Primaries - APC Scribe by MaryOz: 5:45pm On Jan 25, 2018
We thank God for the peace and higher sense of responsibility that has returned to Edo State since the coming of Godwin Obaseki.
Re: Edo LG Council Polls: Very Peaceful Party Primaries - APC Scribe by Psalmseen101: 5:46pm On Jan 25, 2018
Good Day Nairalanders'

I'm in need of your assistance urgently.
I had went to places, meet with friends and families but none could help me on this. All they were saying is one story or the other, and this is the last place i could come to.
I'm in debt of the sum of #19,500
And because of this i had left home for the past three days wandering up and down the streets.
i can't go home any longer because my creditor is after me. I am ashamed of myself, i had missed my wife and children now i can't see them, i don't have phone to contact them,
I had to come to cyber cafe to beg for time in other to post this on Nairaland, hoping to see one or two Nairalander's who will bail me out of this mess.

you can contact me through my email: dsamsonbiz@gmail.com

United Bank For Africa (UBA)

I am so sorry for disturbing your peace with my personal problem, but this is too much for me to bear. Kindly help me Nairalanders

If there is any kind of work that i can do in a very short period of time just to raise this money i will be glad also

In case you wish to see me, i wouldn't mind to show up

Thanks!

Pardon my English!
Re: Edo LG Council Polls: Very Peaceful Party Primaries - APC Scribe by PhilipIdaghosa: 5:48pm On Jan 25, 2018
With Obaseki, there must be peace and progress in Edo State.
Re: Edo LG Council Polls: Very Peaceful Party Primaries - APC Scribe by Chufomat: 5:53pm On Jan 25, 2018
OdionAkghigbe:
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo State has discredited reports that the party primaries held yesterday, January 24, were marred by crisis in some local government areas in the state, insisting that the exercise was not only peaceful but that the outcome demonstrated the will of the people.

In a statement, the Publicity Secretary of the APC in the state, Mr. Chris Azebamwan said reports that there was crisis during the exercise at Egor local government secretariat were “blown out of proportion,” and was the figment of the imagination of mischief makers who saw crisis where there was none.

He added that, "as in all contests, there were disagreements, which were resolved amicably among party members."

According to him, “The party primary elections across the different parts of the state were generally peaceful and we appreciate all members of the party for conducting themselves as responsible and law-abiding citizens throughout the exercise.

“The conduct of the primaries is a departure from what obtained in the past when the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) held sway. Time was when primaries in this state were marred by violence. People were killed on election days. An exercise was never concluded without a bloodbath and reports of maiming of innocent people or violent clashes by rival gangs hired by those in the opposition today.

“But I am sure many people in this state weren’t even aware of that the primary elections of Wednesday because of the calmness and peace that reigned while the exercise lasted. We are glad we have exited the era of violence, and we discourage media reports that exaggerate, inflate and sensationalize events to increase viewership. It is a cheap tactic and discerning professionals know the difference between responsible reportage and a deliberate effort to discredit a fact.”

He continued, “With the results, we are convinced that the people had the final say and have chosen candidates that will swell the fortunes of the party as well as ferry the party to victory in the forthcoming polls.”

Noting that disagreement or incident does not translate to crisis, he said, “We are convinced that the reports are the handiwork of mischief makers who are looking for crisis and division where there is none.

“I dare reiterate that the exercise was peaceful, free and fair and many of the party members will attest to this. The pictures are everywhere in the newspapers where the party members dutifully queued to cast their votes. So, we wonder where the crisis came from.”

Azebamwan called on socially responsible reportage by the media especially as the March 3 polls draw close, urging residents in the state to come out en masse to exercise their franchise.

Congratulations to the emerged aspirants! Play politics without bitterness please.
Re: Edo LG Council Polls: Very Peaceful Party Primaries - APC Scribe by Osabass: 5:57pm On Jan 25, 2018
Edo people have won again.

Thanks to Governor Obaseki for providing a level-playing ground for all contestants.

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Council Polls: Very Peaceful Party Primaries - APC Scribe by Ehisbaba78: 6:01pm On Jan 25, 2018
Osabass:
Edo people have won again.

Thanks to Governor Obaseki for providing a level-playing ground for all contestants.

I agree with you, and I am sure that this level=playing ground will extend to the general election.

Congratulations Edo State.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Remember Restructuring When They Run Out Of What To Talk About– Oyegun / The 7 Cardinal Sins Of Pmb’s TSA By Sola Fanawopo / Ekiti State Youth Play Football Barefooted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.