Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

What Does It Mean To Live Comfortably? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Does It Mean To Live Comfortably? (1808 Views)

Chrisland 10-year Girl Rides Comfortably On Kachi In Dubai Bed (video) / Why Has Gtb's Signage Been Replaced With "GTCO" And What Does It Mean? / What Does It Mean To See Buhari In Your Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Mean To Live Comfortably? by Tallesty1(m): 9:20pm On Jan 25, 2018
I argued this with friends all evening. Actually they don't believe that one can earn like 100k and live comfortably because there are things out there that he needs but cannot afford them.

I tried to make them understand that you're comfortable once you can handle your basic needs without stress.
For example, a salary earner who can pay his/her bills and still have something set aside for emergencies is comfortable but they won't take any of that so I decided to get your own opinion.

What does a comfortable living mean to you??
Re: What Does It Mean To Live Comfortably? by joinnow: 9:30pm On Jan 25, 2018
It mean to leave comfort under Table grin
Re: What Does It Mean To Live Comfortably? by Tallesty1(m): 9:34pm On Jan 25, 2018
joinnow:
It mean to leave comfort under Table grin
You're smart.

Lalasticlala what does living comfortably mean to you?
Re: What Does It Mean To Live Comfortably? by Olalan(m): 9:40pm On Jan 25, 2018
Living comfortably definition is relative to individuals views. But being able to pay up all bills and take up all responsibilities expected of an individual is living comfortably in my own opinion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Live Comfortably? by Tallesty1(m): 9:46pm On Jan 25, 2018
Olalan:
Living comfortably definition is relative to individuals views. But being able to pay up all bills and take up all responsibilities expected of an individual is living comfortably in my own opinion.
My point exactly. No matter how much you earn, there's always something out there that will make you more comfortable than you already are so it's not about earning big but about what you've being enough for your basic needs.

If a man is not in debt, doesn't run around for money to settle little things, feeds well and still have some back up then he's comfortable in my opinion
Re: What Does It Mean To Live Comfortably? by yanabasee(m): 10:03pm On Jan 25, 2018
You live comfortably when you can save without straining....

Attending to basic needs isn't living comfortably.... There is no such things as basic needs.... Say needs!
Re: What Does It Mean To Live Comfortably? by Tallesty1(m): 7:29am On Jan 26, 2018
yanabasee:
You live comfortably when you can save without straining....

Attending to basic needs isn't living comfortably.... There is no such things as basic needs.... Say needs!
I will disagree with you on this bro. We have basic needs, they're those things that are necessary to sustain life.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Live Comfortably? by yanabasee(m): 9:09am On Jan 26, 2018
Tallesty1:
I will disagree with you on this bro. We have basic needs, they're those things that are necessary to sustain life.

You say, basic needs are does things that are necessary to sustain life.

The necessity on that context defines "NEEDS"...

Your needs are very necessary to your everyday wants..... Every of your needs are basic. By basic I mean staple or important!!!

Do you understand??
Re: What Does It Mean To Live Comfortably? by Greystone: 10:57am On Jul 22, 2023
Tallesty1:
I argued this with friends all evening. Actually they don't believe that one can earn like 100k and live comfortably because there are things out there that he needs but cannot afford them.

I tried to make them understand that you're comfortable once you can handle your basic needs without stress.
For example, a salary earner who can pay his/her bills and still have something set aside for emergencies is comfortable but they won't take any of that so I decided to get your own opinion.

What does a comfortable living mean to you??

Welcome to July 2023.
Things have changed dramatically

(1) (Reply)

Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned / Where Is Nikky4luv? / Happy New Month! (november)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.