Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

UNN Gave Me Animal Science - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Gave Me Animal Science (46190 Views)

Re: Is Animal Science A Good Course? (my Story) / Is Animal Science A Good Course?? / Please Between Biochemistry And Animal Science, Which Is More Lucrative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by babytoun: 10:51am On Jan 27, 2018
IamLaura:
Op,accept the course and work very hard to attain a high CGPA in your 100level.
When you've achieved that you can purchase and apply for change of course to a better dept.
A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

This doesn't work 99.5% of the time . that is even when you get the best grades.

1 Like

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Shaev7(m): 10:51am On Jan 27, 2018
Nutase:
Please accept it. Course of study is not relevant in the Nigerian labour market.
I will advice you adhere to this mans opinion, so that you may not end up wasting more time on Jamb. Meanwhile in addition, accept it just as he has said, then write JAMB in your first year and watch how it goes. Discipline is not all that relevant in our society (Nigeria) again. It is now a confused and failed state, so anything goes for anything. Success bro.

1 Like

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by babytoun: 10:54am On Jan 27, 2018
Veemah:

You shouldn't be this ignorant. When it comes to job in this country, what you studied becomes irrelevant, many engineers, pure science students work in the bank. Lol, even the CEO of first bank studied veterinary medicine bruh.

U can't say same for medical students tho.

How you apply yourself after obtaining a degree is a key determinant of success but NEVER EVER MARKET THIS LINE THAT "IN NIGERIAN MARKET WHAT YOU STUDIED IS NOT RELEVANT "

1 Like

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Archie30: 10:54am On Jan 27, 2018
khristal87:

I wonder y people give advise on issues they know nothing abt. U shud ve jst kept mute instead of spilling rubish.

It's not rubish...but rubbish. And you can't spill rubbish! Well to go from Med Surg to Animal Science is more than useless. Retake your jamb and live your dream. Do what makes you happy!

1 Like

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by IamLaura(f): 10:56am On Jan 27, 2018
babytoun:

This doesn't work 99.5% of the time . that is even when you get the best grades.

It works very well in UNN.
Besides,admission is very hard to secure these days,it's better than just staying at home doing nothing.

2 Likes

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Luukasz(m): 10:56am On Jan 27, 2018
oPPOSEE:
It wasn't their fault that you re not brilliant. Thank you UNN for saving the lives of future patients.
You that youre brilliant tell me how much your brilliancy has fetched you. Fool!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by vertueptime: 10:57am On Jan 27, 2018
FromZeroToHero:
ask them to change it to animal husbandry. it's better.

Or animal wifery

2 Likes

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by johnaruson(m): 10:59am On Jan 27, 2018
your JAMB score made UNN think your an animal. prove them wrong if you are not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Archie30: 11:00am On Jan 27, 2018
Shaev7:

I will advice you adhere to this mans opinion, so that you may not end up wasting more time on Jamb. Meanwhile in addition, accept it just as he has said, then write JAMB in your first year and watch how it goes. Discipline is not all that relevant in our society (Nigeria) again. It is now a confused and failed state, so anything goes for anything. Success bro.

Please do not accept. Do not settle for less. Impossibility is nothing. Smash your JAMB n give a me shout.

2 Likes

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Saint83(m): 11:07am On Jan 27, 2018
The deviation is much,from MBBS to Animal Science? My dear, what you read matters, don't allow those that has made mistakes in their career deceive you into reading course you will be carrying certificate up and down, even when there is employment, they can't employ you because your field is not there. Sit down and write write another jamb or you can pick up the course while you write Jamb again, but I tell you Animal science is obsolete and outdated course.No vacancies for them,unless you have it in mind to work in the bank that doesn't care about course of study. Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by ETHIX(m): 11:07am On Jan 27, 2018
Deckline:

Animal husbandry working in the bank?! That bank must be ABN(Animal bank of Nairaland) no be my country you go see job.

Please they are in the bank sir

I have seen a medical doctor worked in funds transfer of a bank. This is a person I know oo

2 Likes

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Marshalxv(m): 11:08am On Jan 27, 2018
accept it and take another jamb if you still wish to go for ur course.

1 Like

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by mechanics(m): 11:14am On Jan 27, 2018
Grab the admission, and do jamb again, staying at home every year is not the best or better still you can do remedial program.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by BCISLTD: 11:15am On Jan 27, 2018
Deckline:

Animal husbandry working in the bank?! That bank must be ABN(Animal bank of Nairaland) no be my country you go see job.

I just tire for silly people on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 27, 2018
Trex4:
Animal Science.......From Med Surg To Animal Science...Guys Please Advice Me Should I Accept It? How Good Is It? Can I Switch To My Preferred Course After? Unn Experts Please Help A Brother.

Thanks N God Bless.... wink

Did you say the course they gave you @ Op?

Are you ashamed of yourself?

Shifting the blame for not getting the cut - off mark for Med and Surg to the University?

Is the course your score was able to get you.

Quit wailing or better still reject it.

Write JAMB again this 2018.

Score 400 in JAMB and same in POST - UME.

Nobody will give you Animal Science as a course then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Psoul(m): 11:18am On Jan 27, 2018
Trex4:
Animal Science.......From Med Surg To Animal Science...Guys Please Advice Me Should I Accept It? How Good Is It? Can I Switch To My Preferred Course After? Unn Experts Please Help A Brother.

Yes...this is the best course u can do in this Zoo called Nigeria.

See put in all u could to see that u study this course. Ur God has just picked ur phone call.
Soon u will bid bye bye to poverty.

Congrats dear. Remember me in ur Kingdom ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:23am On Jan 27, 2018
Josephamstrong1:

Why do people resort to spewing trash at any slightest opportunity? It is either you're depressed or something.
Meaning the, PhDs, Emeritus and professors in that field are all useless?
Please which part of the aves planet are you from? Khristal87 had just broaden your tetanus filled brain on the broad view of the profession.
That course is a professional course and has better employment opportunities than your useless analysis.
Better read wide and stop wallowing in a self delusion.
You dey mind that mumu. A friend of mine, his dad had Phd in Animal science, he was a consultant, former permanent secretary in ministry of Agriculture in his state and wealthy man. So people just like to rush into comment without reading wide.

OP, do research well about the course. If you don't like the course please, don't mind getting another Jamb form.

3 Likes

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:25am On Jan 27, 2018
Trex4:

The Course is a nice course. I knew someone that was successful in that discipline. He even bagged Phd in it. Do research about the course, if you don't like it, go get a Jamb form and prepare for the next exam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by keji12(f): 11:27am On Jan 27, 2018
u should be thankful unilag will not even admit u talkless of giving u another course

1 Like

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by saintkeppy(m): 11:29am On Jan 27, 2018
Trex4:

Environment Science will be better than that Animal Sh!T, &if u really wanna study Medicine consider Anatomy, Physiology then seek for Medicine later.

Medicine is Over-hyped here, even to get admission to study it is like an up-hill task.

Just have Environment Science or Public Health as alternative course &build an enviable career.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Amarabae(f): 11:31am On Jan 27, 2018
Trex4:

No. Don't accept it.
Being in health line is ur dream, jumping to agriculture may be a shocker to you because you never planned it.
Cool down and rewrite Jamb.
And it is not a must that it must be medicine, u can try medlab or pharmacy too.

Never accept that course.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by dokJ: 11:31am On Jan 27, 2018
accept it as soon as possible . at least when u finish u ll get job in d zoo.

1 Like

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Amarabae(f): 11:44am On Jan 27, 2018
Deckline:

We are saying the same thing . Simply because people who didn't study their dream course appear to be making it doesn't mean we should come to a most debilitating and most precastrous conclusion that dream courses aren't really of major preponderance..
Thank you.
Tell them.
I remembered during my time, they gave me microbiology, I rejected it totally after the acceptance fee has been paid.
I was very young then.
My mum backed me and encourage me to write jamb again, I did and smashed it and Got Nursing which was my dream course.
Today I am living the dream, working in a federal govt hospital.
Young jambites should be encouraged to go after their dream and not discouraged.
How can you tell a boy whose dream is to be a doctor to accept Animal science just like that?
He will not read the course with joy.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Damfostopper(m): 11:46am On Jan 27, 2018
Every course is a good course depends on ur passion and where Yu want to see ur self working in the future..... op....i once applied for medicine and surgery in uniuyo ... my post utme of 250 couldn't fetch me the course...... I had to supplement to biochemistry.... I was not also taken.... instead the university gave me forestry..... I rejected the admission.... I was in my 300 level in an HND program already..... I shun dem to complete my current course which is a Para medical course....have not regretted it..... so you can shun it if you don't fancy it
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Deckline(m): 11:48am On Jan 27, 2018
Amarabae:

Thank you.
Tell them.
I remembered during my time, they gave me microbiology, I rejected it totally after the acceptance fee has been paid.
I was very young then.
My mum backed me and encourage me to write jamb again, I did and smashed it and Got Nursing which was my dream course.
Today I am living the dream, working in a federal govt hospital.
Young jambites should be encouraged to go after their dream and not discouraged.
How can you tell a boy whose dream is to be a doctor to accept Animal science just like that?
He will not read the course with joy.
People like you are very rare. I admire your courage.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by snipernigga(m): 11:53am On Jan 27, 2018
Take the animal science, it will be hot cake when PMB wins 2019. There will be so many animals in human skin. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Sheriffusoro(m): 11:58am On Jan 27, 2018
Chikita66:
RTFLMFAOcheesy. This one funny me.
lol,but it's true na
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Sealeddeal(m): 11:59am On Jan 27, 2018
Trex4:

Accept the course and join your colleagues. What it may take is one year, and you write another UTME and your Medicine/Surgery. Being in the university give a greater ground to improve on your UTME and PUTME.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by TribesNG: 11:59am On Jan 27, 2018
Deckline:

Lol who told you, as long as you're brilliant or know how to read, write and speak good and correct English with good communication skills and have good connection you can work there. This is Nigeria. Abi Buhari don find his primary 6 Certificate? smh!!!

1 Like

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by yinkus6750(m): 12:03pm On Jan 27, 2018
Fifthwave:
It is sad that in 2018, such courses are still offered in Nigerian Universities. A course like Animal Science have no relevance.

This is pure academic hairsplitting. I wonder what Zoology curriculum entails that it can not be merged with the Animal Science curriculum to give practicable relevance. Please, do not accept such a 'curse', prepare for the next Jamb exams.

Who says animal science isn't relevant? In this days of cattle colony and diversification to agriculture and livestock?

1 Like

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Shaev7(m): 12:08pm On Jan 27, 2018
Archie30:

Please do not accept. Do not settle for less. Impossibility is nothing. Smash your JAMB n give a me shout.
That's the reason its called, Public Opinion! Whatever we say here, he has the final decision to make.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by platz(m): 12:10pm On Jan 27, 2018
Nutase:
Please accept it. Course of study is not relevant in the Nigerian labour market.
lol this country is Dead

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation / Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" / Cyril Ndifon: 16 Nude Videos Found In Suspended UNICAL Dean’s Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.